These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Carnyx release - General feedback

First post First post First post
Author
Eke Patang
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#1641 - 2015-06-15 22:12:09 UTC  |  Edited by: Eke Patang
The longer you let this icongate drag on without a resolution,the less it will look like you value and respect your player base.

Infact you have a fantastic opportunity to do just that,to show that we really matter.I can't speak for everyone but i certainly wouldn't think you weak if you were to rectify something that clearly hasn't worked out as you'd hoped.

This shouldn't be about pride or losing face rather it should just treated as a mistake and a learning process Please do the right thing.
Torxx Maxx
NemoThrax Mining Inc.
#1642 - 2015-06-15 22:39:44 UTC
Eke Patang wrote:
The longer you let this icongate drag on without a resolution,the less it will look like you value and respect your player base.

Infact you have a fantastic opportunity to do just that,to show that we really matter.I can't speak for everyone but i certainly wouldn't think you weak if you were to rectify something that clearly hasn't worked out as you'd hoped.

This shouldn't be about pride or losing face rather it should just treated as a mistake and a learning process Please do the right thing.

I have no clue to what fuels some of the latest changes or why a person or group of people wanted to fix stuff that wasn't broken, all I know is that I feel that I am being forced to use sub par enhancements to what worked perfectly fine in the past.

I have un-subbed my accounts in the past as protests to the module icon changes some years back but re-subbed once they were reverted, I'll do the same if there is an option to use the older icons over the new set of bullsh1t but with my eyesight there is no way I can play with the icons now in place so if they are not reverted or made an option my Eve days are over.
Koba Kyogen
State War Academy
Caldari State
#1643 - 2015-06-15 23:00:20 UTC
Iceland, where are you?

Chop chop, veteran players are disgusted.

I have not called for anyone to be fired, as I though it wasn't necessary.

Now, I'm warming up to the idea.

Fire away.

Iceland, where are you?
Grubgrafter
Fortis fortuna adiuvat
#1644 - 2015-06-15 23:38:02 UTC
'Icongate'... I like that...

The new icons are still here, which is very disappointing...

No word from Devs, GMs or the big man himself with any proposals for solutions...

Its all very, very frustrating... and pretty poor customer service... and there's only one thing worse than poor customer service and that is no service at all... Pretty much what we appear to be getting at the moment...

Oh those far off promises, made so long ago, that this kind of situation would not reoccur..

The issues have been well documented with relation to the icons, camera etc...

CCP, it really is time to act, as folx are getting tad tired of banging their heads against a wall of silence and inaction..
Orm Magnustat
Red Serpent Industries
Red Serpent Alliance
#1645 - 2015-06-16 00:01:56 UTC  |  Edited by: Orm Magnustat
Checking the thread I realized that its already 6 days that i posted here ... the lack of responsiveness from CCPs side is really irritating (so say the least).

You guys got a lot of qualified, constructive and friendly feedback during the course of this threadnaught - even the dumbest and most stubborn person should have understood by then that there are real issues and reasons why people dont like those new icons.

You are aware that you cater for very different players and playstyles? What might be okay for a highsec miner (or even is liked by him as it looks so "fresh and fancy" and "gives additonal information") in many cases might turn out inacceptable for your pvpers and low/null inhabitants.

Its sure a difficult job to make things right for all these different groups and needs - but if you deliberately **** off and estrange one of those groups FOR NOTHING (cause thats what the whole icongate is, no one asked for those), then you are busy digging your own grave ......

About your lack of response - I saw quite some "enhancements" in these latest expansions that i found absolutely horrible, and when i read about your plans for the future there are more ahead - if you dont learn to take responsibility and revert errors in a timely manner, I´m afraid you wont make it.

People like the guys who decided the new map "was out of beta" and came up with the clever idea to just "weather" this shitstorm..... do they really know what they are doing?

feeling already quite estranged
Orm
Jeven HouseBenyo
Vanity Thy Name Is
#1646 - 2015-06-16 00:10:07 UTC
Ya know, if I wanted to be waiting on 'hold' this long, I'd call my local DMV to ask about changing the registration date on my vehicle. At least there I get a vague number on how many are on hold in front of me, and an ETA for a live person on the other end of the call.

>Jeven

Minny boat flyer, unofficial squeaky wheel.

'Game Ethics and Morality Monitor' I remember promises.

Snark at 11-24/7/365.25. Overshare? Yup.

Yes it's my fault. And if you don't staap it I'll do it again. ;-P

No you can't has my stuffs OR my SPs.

space gator
Adhocracy Incorporated
Adhocracy
#1647 - 2015-06-16 01:07:48 UTC
Been patient, but getting tough our friends at ccp.

Carnyx was released on June 2. Icon issue was raised immediately. Last reply regarding was June 9.

Any status at this point would be appreciated by the eve community.
Rio Bravo
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#1648 - 2015-06-16 02:21:19 UTC
You know they laugh when they read the emo stuff from players on the forums, right? You should know your tears sustain them. Isn't there enough rage quit mockery in peoples bio's, enough that you don't have to do it on the forums? lol...

Roll

“You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. I dig.”  - Clint Eastwood, misquote.

slphy vansyl
angry squirrels
#1649 - 2015-06-16 02:44:18 UTC
account has been succefully unsub!!!
after testing it 5 mn, i confirm it's a success!

try "PLEX for icon"!!! give some plex to get a correct icon...Lol

Jeven HouseBenyo
Vanity Thy Name Is
#1650 - 2015-06-16 02:52:20 UTC
Rio Bravo wrote:
You know they laugh when they read the emo stuff from players on the forums, right? You should know your tears sustain them. Isn't there enough rage quit mockery in peoples bio's, enough that you don't have to do it on the forums? lol...

Roll

They can laugh and harvest tears as much as they want... right out of business solvency if that gives them a better headrush! I'm all for having fun at someone else's expense, why should a business based on subscription fees be any different when it comes to their customers?

At the end of the day though, they are a business. The customer base has a serious problem and it's being blatantly ignored. Not a good idea to maintain a healthy bottom line on the quarterly financial reports.

>Jeven

Minny boat flyer, unofficial squeaky wheel.

'Game Ethics and Morality Monitor' I remember promises.

Snark at 11-24/7/365.25. Overshare? Yup.

Yes it's my fault. And if you don't staap it I'll do it again. ;-P

No you can't has my stuffs OR my SPs.

Sykaotic
Doomheim
#1651 - 2015-06-16 07:39:39 UTC  |  Edited by: Sykaotic
I got an answer about the Icons.

I was told.... that I need to contact the CSM about the icons Attention

So, the CSM has more control over the direction of icons than CCP.

Weird.

In the meantime, I have removed the icons completly from my overview.
Panterata
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#1652 - 2015-06-16 07:50:27 UTC
I will reposting again and again

Quote:
1. First we hear from many of you the difference between NPC and player ships is simply too subtle with the new icon set, and we're right now experimenting with alternatives to separate these groups more, maybe adding entirely new shapes for NPC ships to make them more clearly stand out from players.

Jesus f..ck,

Are you deaf or blind or again you are doing what you want?! I will try with simple English words

1. PVP overview icons - simple SQUARE as before for ANY SHIPS CLASS!!!
2. NPC overview icons - BIG cross for BS, med cross for BC, small cross for frigates as before!!!

3. IF SOMEONE wants to use new icons make an option to change it if player wish!!

Edit 2: And why the hell you change the names of the MWD modules???!! You think is cool? or you don't have what to do... but again you are wrong
Nym Doe
Bear Bones Brigade
#1653 - 2015-06-16 07:56:36 UTC
On the off chance that the slowing down of posts on this thread is misinterpreted as 'getting used to the new icons', here is yet another post requesting the roll back to the previous set.

For all the reasons I can no longer be bothered to type out.
Bad Bobby
Bring Me Sunshine
In Tea We Trust
#1654 - 2015-06-16 08:29:28 UTC
Sykaotic wrote:
I got an answer about the Icons.

I was told.... that I need to contact the CSM about the icons Attention

So, the CSM has more control over the direction of icons than CCP.

That doesn't neccessarily follow.

They could be directing you to another person who also cannot help you.
Shuckstar
Blue Dreams Plus
#1655 - 2015-06-16 09:53:08 UTC
Had to remove the icon tab completely from my overview, it's terrible my 3yr old niece could of done better Lol Using the type column is better than the icon column in it's current form. Option to switch to old icons please.

CCP Greyscale wrote:"OK, I've read every post up to page 200, and we're getting to a point in this thread where there's not a lot of new concerns or suggestions being brought up. There will be future threads (and future blogs) as we tune details, but for now I want to thank you for all of your constructive input, and wish you a good weekend :)"

CCP Claymore
C C P
C C P Alliance
#1656 - 2015-06-16 11:09:06 UTC
Hey everyone,

Apologies for the silence about the icons but we have been following this thread with great interest.

We have been listening to your feedback and discussing where to go from here. We had a very productive meeting with the CSM last week about the current icon situation and the release of them. There will be a blog coming out once we have dotted the i's and crossed the t's where we will explain why we changed them and improvements we plan to implement from the feedback received on this thread.

Please keep giving us the constructive feedback you have supplied so far.

Quality Assurance Analyst Team Psycho Sisters

Lara Divinity
Pidgeon Cartel
#1657 - 2015-06-16 11:10:00 UTC  |  Edited by: Lara Divinity
nothing to say but sigh
Steijn
Quay Industries
#1658 - 2015-06-16 11:12:58 UTC  |  Edited by: Steijn
CCP Claymore wrote:
Hey everyone,

Apologies for the silence about the icons but we have been following this thread with great interest.

We have been listening to your feedback and discussing where to go from here. We had a very productive meeting with the CSM last week about the current icon situation and the release of them. There will be a blog coming out once we have dotted the i's and crossed the t's where we will explain why we changed them and improvements we plan to implement from the feedback received on this thread.

Please keep giving us the constructive feedback you have supplied so far.

too late, first account goes dormant in 4d.

EDIT. and the current icons dont need improving, they need binning.
uhnboy ghost
Corporation 98237776
#1659 - 2015-06-16 11:19:37 UTC
uhnboy ghost wrote:
uhnboy ghost wrote:
uhnboy ghost wrote:
uhnboy ghost wrote:
uhnboy ghost wrote:
24h since last login...
hey look a new patch, hmm no info on when u can switch back to the old icons so i can play again...

i check back in tomorrow again, i guess i check whats on sale on steam while I wait.

46h since last login...
hey look a new patch, hmm no info on when u can switch back to the old icons so i can play again...

i check back in tomorrow again, hmm maybe do a big cleaning of my appartment while i wait.

70h since last login...

i check back in tomorrow again, i guess i... well its friday so time to drown my sorrow and fall asleep crying while watching old eve movies and remembering the good old days when i could play eve.

94h since last login...
hey look no patch today, hmm no info on when u can switch back to the old icons so i can play again...

i check back in tomorrow again, i guess i... well its National Day here today so i guess i celebrate it

165h since last login...
hey look no patch today, hmm no info on when u can switch back to the old icons so i can play again...

i check back later this week, starting to not care anymore

Edit: "u only complain on the forum but i bet u 100m that u stil play" (talking afk whit a friend) http://i.imgur.com/XjuHHf5.png well u loose, send the isk pls... never mind keep it, i dont need it :-)

14 days since last login...
luckly the steam sale have some nice games i can play.
i´m out 07

R.I.P eveonline 2003-2015 "lost but never forgotten"

//uhnboy 84K probe scans in 2014 http://i.imgur.com/Uaid5iu.png

Lahnius
#1660 - 2015-06-16 11:29:26 UTC
Lahnius wrote:
something to consider ...

the reaction time of the human eye is limited. the old icons were easy on the eyes as far as reaction time is concerned. when you introduce multiple shapes into a visual environment where reaction time is critical, you reduce the speed at which the human brain reacts, thusly reducing the speed in which it takes the human brain to send a command to the hand to "click".

the old icons allowed a simple and basic instruction set for the eyes to react upon. uniformity provided ease in that reaction time. the player knows exactly what theyre going to do based on uniformity of a set of given shapes.

the new icons reduce eye to brain to hand reaction time due to the increased number of shapes introduced into the visual environment. this causes delays, pause for the brain to think, confusion in the brain causes the hand to delay waiting for a commmand from the brain, which is awaiting the reaction from the eye.

multiple shapes in the visual environment where speed is a crucial factor can, and does, cause eye strain, delayed reaction, reduced thought processing, stress, fatigue ... and all of this can create anger since the mind desires speed and is not obtaining that speed.

introducing multiple non-colored shapes into the visual environment where speed is a crucial factor DOES reduce reaction time since the human brain sometimes doesnt retain in memory too many shapes being delivered through the eyes at one single moment.

proven, large scale pvp is a pain in the arse - too many shapes being introduced in the overview causing confusion and delays in reaction time. the simplicity was removed, complexity was added, thusly the end result is going to be frustration and anger, not pleasure and acceptance.

multiple shapes in a visual environment where reaction time is not a factor is easily processed in the brain ... but again, when reaction timing is critical, those same shapes will cause a slowdown in reaction time.

this entire thread is about frustration, dislike, hatred, and confusion as to why this is being added and that it should be removed.

yay groovy someone got paid to create a bunch of things they thought was going to be cool ... what has happened is something entirely different due to ignorance and a lack of consideration.

what is going to happen here, is people WILL quit this game due to the fact that the human body can only process so much and to introduce factors that exceed that processing ability, you create a negative reaction in the mind. create a negative reaction in peoples minds and people walk away. they might not really want to, but they will.

... and I bump this once again ... why? because i STILL feel that its important that CCP read it, and re-read it ...

... i am still disgusted and NOT used to these new icons, and I have spent hours upon hours playing and TRYING to get used to them in order to try and see if it is possible for me to change my mind about how i have felt initially regarding the new icons ... well i dont and i cant and i know now that it just isnt possible for me to get used to them ...

... its just too much, cumbersome, awkward, overwhelming, confusing ... *rubs eyes again* Cry