These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

[June] [Updated] Module Tiericide - Afterburners & Microwarpdrives

First post First post
Author
Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#21 - 2015-05-04 12:57:29 UTC
Gorski Car wrote:
Nice to see that t2 mwds are actually faster now. But really do we need more speed creep in eve? it feels like ships are super fast right now and that creates some problems in my opinion. In a vacum they might be okish whats most important is what you guys are planning to do with links since they heavily affect this as well. For certain ships these changes might be terrifying though. Garmurs doing 10k m/s or stilettos burning 100km and tackeling you before you can lock them.

This is very much a concern of mine. With the release of T3 destroyers, we're already treading perilously close to the age of nanos, which is bad.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Altrue
Exploration Frontier inc
Tactical-Retreat
#22 - 2015-05-04 12:58:12 UTC
Yeah, with a server ticking at 1Hz, and blaster ships being able to cover their whole falloff + optimal + optimal + falloff (approaching then overshooting the target) in less than one second, it is quite ridiculous to see speed increase even more.

Signature Tanking Best Tanking

[Ex-F] CEO - Eve-guides.fr

Ultimate Citadel Guide - 2016 EVE Career Chart

l0rd carlos
the king asked me to guard the mountain
#23 - 2015-05-04 13:00:15 UTC
Aivlis Eldelbar wrote:
Quote:
Q: Why have you changed the MWDs to 5/50/500MN?
A: We want show there is a clear increase in power between Afterburners and Microwarpdrives. It also makes searching the market a little easier.

This is going to get very annoying, very fast. You are making people type in two different strings each time they search for a prop mod in EFT or the market. 1 for frigs, 10 for cruisers, 100 for battleships, please keep it that way.

How often do you need to fit dual prob in EFT or the market?
Or how about we make scram and web the same name so you only have to search a single time for that?

I don't like the speed creep, might be interesting when we remove fleet boosters.

Youtube Channel about Micro and Small scale PvP with commentary: Fleet Commentary by l0rd carlos

Iroquoiss Pliskin
9B30FF Labs
#24 - 2015-05-04 13:05:06 UTC
CCP Larrikin wrote:
Hello Dudetters and Duders,

We would love some feedback from the community about the proposed Module Tiericide Afterburner and Microwarpdrive changes. Please give us your feedback!

Goals of Module Tiericide
  • Reduce unnecessary complexity
  • Provide meaningful options within the module set

Changes
  • Give a speed bonus to higher meta Microwarpdrives

What's this. Shocked Reasonable and much needed changes in my Eve. Shocked

Quote:

Q: Why have you changed the MWDs to 5/50/500MN?
A: We want show there is a clear increase in power between Afterburners and Microwarpdrives. It also makes searching the market a little easier.

Support +100
Harvey James
The Sengoku Legacy
#25 - 2015-05-04 13:08:28 UTC
it would be nicer too see AB's get a speed boost rather than mwd's, AB's need some help (nerfing webs would be nice her too)

T3's need to be versatile so no rigs are necessary ... they should not have OP dps and tank

ABC's should be T2, remove drone assist, separate HAM's and Torps range, -3 HS for droneboats

Nerf web strength, Make the blaster Eagle worth using

Bleedingthrough
#26 - 2015-05-04 13:15:26 UTC  |  Edited by: Bleedingthrough
The absolute changes on speed for MDWs (103.6% for meta 14 compared to t1) seem a bit too low to make a meaningful difference. Why not go up to 600% total speedbonus?
Malakai Asamov
Van Diemen's Demise
Northern Coalition.
#27 - 2015-05-04 13:16:45 UTC
Was this post put through dislyixisia QA?
Inggroth
Harbingers of Reset
#28 - 2015-05-04 13:20:50 UTC
Making t2 MWDs better than t1 is p. cool and logical.
Naming i dont care, although how would anybody think that this is removing complexity?
Speed creep is not cool, please have another look. I'd nerf speeds slightly to be honest.
Charlie Nonoke
Blue Republic
RvB - BLUE Republic
#29 - 2015-05-04 13:21:00 UTC
The 5, 50, 500 I think is unnecessary.
If 1MN of MWD is roughly 5x speed of a 1MN AB.
Then naming it 5MN MWD means many many times more than a 1MN AB.

Having AB or MWD as a suffix is enough to distinguish the two.

Having 5, 50, 500 MN only makes sense, if you name it:
1MN AB and 5MN AB
10MN AB and 50MN AB
100MN AB and 500MN AB

The MWD technically is an afterburner afterall.
Lloyd Roses
Artificial Memories
#30 - 2015-05-04 13:25:31 UTC
nother thing bugging me:

For ABs, Gist ones are faster and require more cap. For mwds, gist ones though require less cap, are equally fast and have a bigger sigbloom. Is that intended or type? Because it doesn't make much sense that the coreli one is better suited for sigtanking compared to an angel mod.
Koz Katral
Collapsed Out
Pandemic Legion
#31 - 2015-05-04 13:25:46 UTC
Are you nerds really whining about the flavor names being to much, after last time when they took them out completely and everyone cried tears of blood?

If I worked for CCP I would probably have pictures of players on my wall and throw darts at them.
SpaceSaft
Almost Dangerous
Wolves Amongst Strangers
#32 - 2015-05-04 13:26:54 UTC
I too like the 1mn mwd to 5mn mwd change.

I don't like much else about the naming though. Looks like obfuscating, nonhelpful fluff to me.

Could you try saying those names 5 times from memory without messing something up or forgetting words? Because I don't think you can.
epicurus ataraxia
Illusion of Solitude.
Illusion of Solitude
#33 - 2015-05-04 13:27:49 UTC
I am a little concerned that the republic fleet afterburners, that were chosen by players for reduced cap use, have had that feature removed.

There is one EvE. Many people. Many lifestyles. WE are EvE

Iroquoiss Pliskin
9B30FF Labs
#34 - 2015-05-04 13:28:46 UTC
Sweet, sweet Cold-Gas. Cool

I think the 2% difference between Deadspace C/B/A versions is not large enough.
Harvey James
The Sengoku Legacy
#35 - 2015-05-04 13:30:18 UTC
shouldnt T2 AB/mwd require higher CPU and PG?? rather than just PG especially as the compact reduces both stats..

T3's need to be versatile so no rigs are necessary ... they should not have OP dps and tank

ABC's should be T2, remove drone assist, separate HAM's and Torps range, -3 HS for droneboats

Iroquoiss Pliskin
9B30FF Labs
#36 - 2015-05-04 13:30:50 UTC  |  Edited by: Iroquoiss Pliskin
Lloyd Roses wrote:
nother thing bugging me:

For ABs, Gist ones are faster and require more cap. For mwds, gist ones though require less cap, are equally fast and have a bigger sigbloom. Is that intended or type? Because it doesn't make much sense that the coreli one is better suited for sigtanking compared to an angel mod.

This.

CCP please give Gistii lesser sig penalty, while differentiating Corelis with more raw % speed in return.

VARIETY! (ง ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)ง
SpaceyX
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#37 - 2015-05-04 13:34:02 UTC
Where are the capital propulsion mods?
Harvey James
The Sengoku Legacy
#38 - 2015-05-04 13:37:09 UTC
i was hoping for some agility based roles here, say serpentis and fed navy would have lower mass addition, it makes sense with them being blaster boats, i assume speed would need too be reduced too compensate..

Baron Holbach
The Northerners
Pandemic Horde
#39 - 2015-05-04 13:38:45 UTC
bit offtopic, but if restoring some old names are topic then - please rename akemon implant back to akemon or add this as extra for this implant name :)
Nagarythe Tinurandir
Einheit X-6
Ushra'Khan
#40 - 2015-05-04 13:38:46 UTC
CCP Larrikin wrote:
Nagarythe Tinurandir wrote:
Edit: is it intentional, that the compact MWDs provide aditional speedboost compared to the other meta 1 version (5%)?

Hrm, I'm not seeing that? All the Meta 1 MWDs should provide the same speed boost (505%). Can you quote the specific section?

*chrm* nevermind.. fell prey to the layout Roll confused it with the signature bloom.