These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Crime & Punishment

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Bitter Vet - High Sec War Decs are Broken. Lets Talk :)

First post
Author
Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#281 - 2015-04-22 02:16:23 UTC
Tyberius Franklin wrote:

Some were yes, not everyone was, not everyone is. Lets step away from the idea of everyone moving in unison for a moment since we should know that to be demonstrably false. Personally I've seen awox complaints less often than gank complaints and yet ganks are at last comment on the matter actually near a low point.

That's because it's become so infrequent that it's a notable event. As for awoxing, now that it basically doesn't happen at all, the whine squad moved on to something else, as this thread demonstrates so nicely for us.

Do you seriously expect me to believe that these people aren't pushing for Trammel?

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

alexclone1
The MetroPlex
#282 - 2015-04-22 02:17:19 UTC
Vimsy Vortis wrote:
Crime and punishment isn't even the appropriate subforum for this thread. Warfare and Tactics would have made more sense.

a mod moved it here. you can read about it on page 12. used to be in general chat.

I just got this eve mail, ill leave it here:

Hey Man, I saw all the troll flamers in your forum post and just wanted to let you know I 100% agree with you. The wardec mechanics have ruined this game. It only plays in the favors of people who like to grief other people; I prefer to play eve as I am in real life, I don't hide behind internet firewalls and pretend to be someone I am not.

I enjoyed recruiting new players and teaching them the ropes but it is nearly impossible now because even a recruitment ad will get you a wardec. I have come up with ways to write the ad to reduce potential wardecs but then you got yourself going through so many loops and so much fewer applicants that it becomes a heavy task.

I think the real issue at hand is a lack of content... The way I see things is that most of these griefers are people that have played out the game and they have nothing interesting to do anymore other than grief other players. Sadly to say this is usually the sign of a MMO starting to die. The attitudes of the griefers is hypocritical and self righteous, there is absolutely no way to win an argument with them.

I now reside in null sec which actually feels safer than high sec these days. I used to have a 200+ man corp, now I am left with OG players that rarely log on.

One thing is for sure, I will not let those griefers keep me from enjoying the game and if CCP wont do anything about it I will just have to come up with some tactics to guard against the grief.

One of my thoughts which I have not tried yet is to recruit and base the corporation out of a High Sec Island in null. There are plenty of agents to run all levels of missions and mods and ships can easily be shipped with a jump freighter. I think most griefers wont go out of their way to grief war targets in a high sec island in null.

If you ever have any interest of teaming up or working out a plan to combat this crap let me know.

Best of luck to you and fly safe o7
Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#283 - 2015-04-22 02:19:17 UTC
Post with your character in the carebear corp already.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

Best Meltdown Ever.

alexclone1
The MetroPlex
#284 - 2015-04-22 02:19:49 UTC  |  Edited by: alexclone1
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
[quote=Demerius Xenocratus]

Maybe not boring people to death? Maybe incentivize some form of gameplay besides the very worst PvE "content" in the entire MMO industry?

You do realize ppl pve to make isk right? As a bitter vet, we tend have billions and not know how to spend it all. Some ppl WANT to pve.

- i would like to request that the character above this post be removed from my thread as at this point he is clearly trolling.

Thank you :)
Tyberius Franklin
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#285 - 2015-04-22 02:24:03 UTC
Destiny Corrupted wrote:
Tyberius Franklin wrote:
Destiny Corrupted wrote:
http://eve-offline.net/?server=tranquility

Juxtapose that chart with a dated list of changes CCP began implementing when they decided to start doing their safety dance right around 2010.

That doesn't seem a fair evaluation since changes of that nature were almost never made in isolation. Unless you have reason to believe those events are the strongest motivators/demotivators of play we're looking at a set of data that's likely more noise than signal for your point.

I do. Not much changed in EVE throughout those years, save for regular minor addition of content (this was post-wormholes), balancing of ships and modules, and a constant stream of safety-oriented changes toward EVE's core gameplay. Only now do we have non-safety-related changes that are also shaking things up, mostly in the form of the jump drive and sovereignty stuff. EVE was becoming safer, and stopped growing. I firmly believe that there's a direct relationship of causation between the two.

Dominion sov at the beginning of that period leading into the summer of rage which now leads into jump fatigue/fozzie sov. That's just a few highlights. Thing is this all hits like someone pulled a switch in 2010, it's not a slow growth decline. It just stops. That's not a result of gradual change.

Also isn't the official line that the PCU isn't necessarily indicative of player subs?
Noragen Neirfallas
Emotional Net Loss
#286 - 2015-04-22 02:24:54 UTC
alexclone1 wrote:
Vimsy Vortis wrote:
Crime and punishment isn't even the appropriate subforum for this thread. Warfare and Tactics would have made more sense.

Posting with an alt so nobody is reading as this is C&P not general chat

Why bother at this point?

Member and Judge of the Court of Crime and Punishment

Noragens basically the Chribba of C&P - Zimmy Zeta

Confirming that we all play in Noragen's eve. - BeBopAReBop

ISD Buldath favorite ISD

'"****station games" - Sun Tzu' - Ralph King Griffin

Destiny Corrupted
Deadly Viper Kitten Mitten Sewing Company
Senpai's Afterschool Anime and Gaming Club
#287 - 2015-04-22 02:25:54 UTC  |  Edited by: Destiny Corrupted
alexclone1 wrote:
"One thing is for sure, I will not let those griefers keep me from enjoying the game and if CCP wont do anything about it I will just have to come up with some tactics to guard against the grief."

And yet, if this person reversed the order of the steps he's willing to take, he wouldn't have a problem to begin with.

This is the definition of the carebear mentality. Ask for the developers to implement restrictions on anyone who does something you don't like first, and if that fails, only then will they try to do something on their own (or most likely, quit). It's disgusting.

Tyberius Franklin wrote:
Dominion sov at the beginning of that period leading into the summer of rage which now leads into jump fatigue/fozzie sov. That's just a few highlights. Thing is this all hits like someone pulled a switch in 2010, it's not a slow growth decline. It just stops. That's not a result of gradual change.

CCP made it plainly evident that they're taking EVE in a new direction right around 2010. Some pretty big high-sec pvp nerfs happened back then.

Tyberius Franklin wrote:
Also isn't the official line that the PCU isn't necessarily indicative of player subs?

If anything, the PCU is a better indicator of the game's overall health.

I wrote some true EVE stories! And no, they're not of the generic "my 0.0 alliance had lots of 0.0 fleets and took a lot of 0.0 space" sort. Check them out here:

https://truestories.eveonline.com/users/2074-destiny-corrupted

Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#288 - 2015-04-22 02:26:21 UTC
alexclone1 wrote:

You do realize ppl pve to make isk right?

You do realize I don't care? Rampant isk generation is exactly why plex prices are so bloody high, because people are raking it in in highsec and not taking commensurate losses to keep inflation down.

Quote:

- i would like to request that the character above this post be removed from my thread as at this point he is clearly trolling.

Thank you :)

When you get down to it, the basic premise of your thread is flame bait, and you exposed that when you started ranting in all caps about how you want an old exploit patched back in. You're lucky Ezwal didn't just lock it instead of moving it here.

Best Meltdown Ever.

alexclone1
The MetroPlex
#289 - 2015-04-22 02:27:08 UTC
Noragen Neirfallas wrote:
alexclone1 wrote:
Vimsy Vortis wrote:

*facedesk* an ISD member moved my thread from general chat to this sub forum. Take it up with him.
Noragen Neirfallas
Emotional Net Loss
#290 - 2015-04-22 02:27:24 UTC  |  Edited by: Noragen Neirfallas
Destiny Corrupted wrote:
alexclone1 wrote:
Forum alt drivel

And yet, if this person reversed the order of the steps he's willing to take, he wouldn't have a problem to begin with.

This is the definition of the carebear mentality. Ask for the developers to implement restrictions on anyone who does something you don't like first, and if that fails, only then will they try to do something on their own (or most likely, quit). It's disgusting.

Threaten to quit. Over and over and over and over again... Yet they are still here...

ISD Buldath favorite ISD

Tyberius Franklin
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#291 - 2015-04-22 02:28:01 UTC  |  Edited by: Tyberius Franklin
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
Tyberius Franklin wrote:

Some were yes, not everyone was, not everyone is. Lets step away from the idea of everyone moving in unison for a moment since we should know that to be demonstrably false. Personally I've seen awox complaints less often than gank complaints and yet ganks are at last comment on the matter actually near a low point.

That's because it's become so infrequent that it's a notable event. As for awoxing, now that it basically doesn't happen at all, the whine squad moved on to something else, as this thread demonstrates so nicely for us.

Do you seriously expect me to believe that these people aren't pushing for Trammel?

Whether the "whine squad" is or isn't wasn't the topic, but rather CCP's intentions of "short term gain" as DC proposed. Also the period referred to is pre-FF toggle, when awoxing was a thing, but still less prominent a complaint than ganking. This was because people were isolating assets like freighters from awoxing, as I stated, but couldn't afford the same safety from a gank with the same means.
Noragen Neirfallas
Emotional Net Loss
#292 - 2015-04-22 02:35:05 UTC
alexclone1 wrote:
alexclone1 wrote:
Vimsy Vortis wrote:

*facedesk* an ISD member moved my thread from general chat to this sub forum. Take it up with him.

Again welcome to C&P. We hope you enjoy your stay. As you must be new here I'll Cut you soem slack and recognise this comment and provide you with the first commandment of C&P.

1. Thou Shalt post with thy Main or GTFO.

I hope this clarifies why you will get ignored and be mercilessly trolled until you can follow this simple and quite liberating law of our fine forum. People who follow this rule tend to have a much better time here and find constructive conversation and help. People who hide behind forum alts well... I guess you know by now CoolCool

PS Post with your main here and ask for a constructive conversation and you will get one. I personally will make sure as long as you don't whine, moan, make demands or threaten to quit and use this 'Main' of yours that it stays (mostly) on topic and you may discover various tactics and strategies used by many players to counter wardecs and any other nefarious activities that those of us who call this forum home happen to use.

PSS Make a new thread here with said 'Main' as this one will never get any of that due to it being created with a forum alt.

CoolPirate

ISD Buldath favorite ISD

alexclone1
The MetroPlex
#293 - 2015-04-22 02:38:10 UTC
alexclone1 wrote:
alexclone1 wrote:
Vimsy Vortis wrote:

Again welcome to C&P. We hope you enjoy your stay. As you must be new here I'll Cut you soem slack and recognise this comment and provide you with the first commandment of C&P.

1. Thou Shalt post with thy Main or GTFO.

I hope this clarifies why you will get ignored and be mercilessly trolled until you can follow this simple and quite liberating law of our fine forum. People who follow this rule tend to have a much better time here and find constructive conversation and help. People who hide behind forum alts well... I guess you know by now CoolCool

PS Post with your main here and ask for a constructive conversation and you will get one. I personally will make sure as long as you don't whine, moan, make demands or threaten to quit and use this 'Main' of yours that it stays (mostly) on topic and you may discover various tactics and strategies used by many players to counter wardecs and any other nefarious activities that those of us who call this forum home happen to use.

PSS Make a new thread here with said 'Main' as this one will never get any of that due to it being created with a forum alt.

CoolPirate

just did. re-read the op. cheers.
Destiny Corrupted
#294 - 2015-04-22 02:48:01 UTC
Even if you're being honest and mean well, you'll still have to post with those characters confirming your claim, otherwise it can seem like you're trying to pass some rage-wars on to players you dislike.

I wrote some true EVE stories! And no, they're not of the generic "my 0.0 alliance had lots of 0.0 fleets and took a lot of 0.0 space" sort. Check them out here:

Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#295 - 2015-04-22 02:53:04 UTC
Destiny Corrupted wrote:
Even if you're being honest and mean well, you'll still have to post with those characters confirming your claim, otherwise it can seem like you're trying to pass some rage-wars on to players you dislike.

That was my thought as well, especially considering a lot of the discussion seemed to refer to his wardecced corp in the present tense.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Noragen Neirfallas
Emotional Net Loss
#296 - 2015-04-22 02:59:42 UTC

CoolPirate

This again. Anything you can't substantiate isn't worth anything here. Look forward to reading your new post with your old Character.Cool

ISD Buldath favorite ISD

Vimsy Vortis
Shoulda Checked Local
Break-A-Wish Foundation
#297 - 2015-04-22 03:05:36 UTC
There's a reason why people who make claims about their personage but post with alts.

It's entirely trivial to verify the claim made, and typically if it was verified the details of the situation can shed light on the subject matter.

All alt posting does is make people question your credibility.
Steppa Musana
Doomheim
#298 - 2015-04-22 04:48:39 UTC  |  Edited by: Steppa Musana
Vimsy Vortis wrote:
There's a reason why people who make claims about their personage but post with alts.

It's entirely trivial to verify the claim made, and typically if it was verified the details of the situation can shed light on the subject matter.

Do you question the credibility of UAE, or Guy Concord's Cousin, or any of the CODE posters? Your kind don't even consider that those guys post with alts, let alone lend less credibility over it. And why should you, it doesn't fit your narrative, after all.

Or maybe we should lend more credibility to guys that do post with their mains, okay. Lets take a look at our options in here. We got Kaarous, with his 51 kills total in 3 years, who hasn't shot something in 4 months. Oh, and weve got Destiny Corrupted, with his 185 kills total in 6 years, who hasn't shot something in 11 months. When it comes to PVP credibility, it doesn't get any better than this folks.

Thats how these kinds of threads work. Find the posters who mouth breath the hardest, and you'll be sure to have found a bad killboard. Im just waiting on admiral root or Mike Adoulin to make their rounds in here, another couple of real credible posters right there.
Noragen Neirfallas
Emotional Net Loss
#299 - 2015-04-22 05:01:12 UTC  |  Edited by: Noragen Neirfallas
Steppa Musana wrote:
Vimsy Vortis wrote:

Forum Alt ramblings

I'll humor you. UAE has never claimed to be a pvp'er... He claims to be defense counsel for people accused of misdeeds. he substantiates it with his posts. He is also alot of fun. CODE. posters post as themselves... that's all i got for that.

I post with my main. I notice my credibility didn't get called into question here. Did my kill board not fit your narrative?

Edit - I'm also guessing the person you quoted's board didn't fit it either Blink

ISD Buldath favorite ISD

Destiny Corrupted
#300 - 2015-04-22 05:16:59 UTC
Steppa Musana wrote:
Or maybe we should lend more credibility to guys that do post with their mains, okay. Lets take a look at our options in here. We got Kaarous, with his 51 kills total in 3 years, who hasn't shot something in 4 months. Oh, and weve got Destiny Corrupted, with his 185 kills total in 6 years, who hasn't shot something in 11 months. When it comes to PVP credibility, it doesn't get any better than this folks.

I feel dirty just replying to this, but I checked, and this character has slightly over 700 kills, most of them being solo, and the rest in groups of 2-3 people. After about two years of inactivity, I'm still ranked in the top 10K on BC. I'm proud of my stats as someone who isn't very active, and when active, focuses efforts on getting kills for friends and corp members, instead of self-satisfaction.

Furthermore, this is just one of my characters. At the moment, I'm very active on another one, and I'm more than willing to provide its name, on the condition that you post with your main.