These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Intergalactic Summit

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Intaki Liberation

Author
Gwen Ikiryo
Alexylva Paradox
#201 - 2015-04-07 04:25:40 UTC
TomHorn wrote:
Comrade Kim, the Intaki Syndicate are no puppets or proxy state for the Federation, no matter what Gallente nationalists or liberals may tell you.


I'm afraid, at least according to my most recent observations, that I'm not a Gallente, sir.

And it is fact that the Federation forbids the settlement of planets by the Intaki Syndicate, and they are compliant, regardless of what else you may think on the matter.
TomHorn
Horn Brothers Holdings Inc.
#202 - 2015-04-07 06:12:56 UTC
Gwen Ikiryo wrote:
TomHorn wrote:
Comrade Kim, the Intaki Syndicate are no puppets or proxy state for the Federation, no matter what Gallente nationalists or liberals may tell you.


I'm afraid, at least according to my most recent observations, that I'm not a Gallente, sir.

And it is fact that the Federation forbids the settlement of planets by the Intaki Syndicate, and they are compliant, regardless of what else you may think on the matter.


They are not controlled by the Federation , or do they do the Federation bidding. They are independent. They will attack Federation navy patrols in the Syndicate region, or pretty much anyone who interferes with them, from known pirate organisations to most powerful branches of concord "DED" , the police force of concord .To call them a proxy or puppet state of the Federation is stretching that term rather alot.
Rinai Vero
Moira.
Villore Accords
#203 - 2015-04-07 06:18:39 UTC
TomHorn wrote:
Gwen Ikiryo wrote:
TomHorn wrote:
Comrade Kim, the Intaki Syndicate are no puppets or proxy state for the Federation, no matter what Gallente nationalists or liberals may tell you.


I'm afraid, at least according to my most recent observations, that I'm not a Gallente, sir.

And it is fact that the Federation forbids the settlement of planets by the Intaki Syndicate, and they are compliant, regardless of what else you may think on the matter.


They are not controlled by the Federation , or do they do the Federation bidding. They are independent. They will attack Federation navy patrols in the Syndicate region, or pretty much anyone who interferes with them, from known pirate organisations to most powerful branches of concord "DED" , the police force of concord .To call them a proxy or puppet state of the Federation is stretching that term rather alot.


I think you should repeat yourself again. Maybe if you do, people won't notice that you ignored the substance of Cpt. Ikiryo's statement.
Gwen Ikiryo
Alexylva Paradox
#204 - 2015-04-07 06:30:42 UTC  |  Edited by: Gwen Ikiryo
TomHorn wrote:
Gwen Ikiryo wrote:
TomHorn wrote:
Comrade Kim, the Intaki Syndicate are no puppets or proxy state for the Federation, no matter what Gallente nationalists or liberals may tell you.


I'm afraid, at least according to my most recent observations, that I'm not a Gallente, sir.

And it is fact that the Federation forbids the settlement of planets by the Intaki Syndicate, and they are compliant, regardless of what else you may think on the matter.


They are not controlled by the Federation , or do they do the Federation bidding. They are independent. They will attack Federation navy patrols in the Syndicate region, or pretty much anyone who interferes with them, from known pirate organisations to most powerful branches of concord "DED" , the police force of concord .To call them a proxy or puppet state of the Federation is stretching that term rather alot.


No one called them a proxy state except Diana, who did so mistakenly, sir. However, the Syndicate is indisputably a power which is considerably regulated and limited in it's activities by the Federation (and I can provide sources for that claim if that is the source of your disagreement), which happens to also be it's immediate neighbor and foremost trade partner. So, while what you say is true - That is, the Syndicate does occasionally shoot down small Federal and DED forces, and it doesn't directly answer to anyone - I still think it is a bit of a strech to say it is wholly independent entity, when so much of it's dometic and foreign policy is dictated by a foreign state.

Sorry to be repeating myself a bit, but...
TomHorn
Horn Brothers Holdings Inc.
#205 - 2015-04-07 06:55:06 UTC
Rinai Vero wrote:
TomHorn wrote:
Gwen Ikiryo wrote:
TomHorn wrote:
Comrade Kim, the Intaki Syndicate are no puppets or proxy state for the Federation, no matter what Gallente nationalists or liberals may tell you.


I'm afraid, at least according to my most recent observations, that I'm not a Gallente, sir.

And it is fact that the Federation forbids the settlement of planets by the Intaki Syndicate, and they are compliant, regardless of what else you may think on the matter.


They are not controlled by the Federation , or do they do the Federation bidding. They are independent. They will attack Federation navy patrols in the Syndicate region, or pretty much anyone who interferes with them, from known pirate organisations to most powerful branches of concord "DED" , the police force of concord .To call them a proxy or puppet state of the Federation is stretching that term rather alot.


I think you should repeat yourself again. Maybe if you do, people won't notice that you ignored the substance of Cpt. Ikiryo's statement.


I did not see any substance in the statement by Ikiryo, that proved the Intaki Syndicate are a puppet for the Federation. Only proof that the Gallente Federation the so called defenders of freedom and liberty , trampling once more on someone else freedom and liberty.
Lyn Farel
Societas Imperialis Sceptri Coronaeque
Khimi Harar
#206 - 2015-04-07 11:50:24 UTC
Someone's free men and women are someone's else criminals.
Dailar Toralen
Toralen Industries
#207 - 2015-04-07 12:12:33 UTC
I apologize for not responding for awhile. Was studying, and had, issues.

The Syndicate is indeed very restricted by the Gallente Federation. And they are technically a puppet state, but not willingly. The Syndicate simply does not have the weapons to not be a puppet state. This is why I am an active supporter of the Caldari supporting the Syndicate. We could help to secure there borders. Granted, some will most likely try to make the Syndicate a puppet state for us instead, and that is why forces such as the Intaki Liberation Front and others can dedicate there time to building up the Syndicate's power so the Caldari State can force the Intaki to be our puppets. Use us as we want to use you. Use us like we use the Empire.

We are Toralen Industries. It doesn't matter if you fight for money, idealogies, or because it's what you are good at and it doesn't matter if you fight threw trade, combat, or diplomacy. No matter what or how you fight, there's a place for you.

Rinai Vero
Moira.
Villore Accords
#208 - 2015-04-07 13:18:11 UTC
TomHorn wrote:

I did not see any substance in the statement by Ikiryo, that proved the Intaki Syndicate are a puppet for the Federation. Only proof that the Gallente Federation the so called defenders of freedom and liberty , trampling once more on someone else freedom and liberty.


It would have been strange if you had seen any such thing, because that was never her point.
TomHorn
Horn Brothers Holdings Inc.
#209 - 2015-04-07 15:48:52 UTC
Rinai Vero wrote:
TomHorn wrote:

I did not see any substance in the statement by Ikiryo, that proved the Intaki Syndicate are a puppet for the Federation. Only proof that the Gallente Federation the so called defenders of freedom and liberty , trampling once more on someone else freedom and liberty.


It would have been strange if you had seen any such thing, because that was never her point.


Good you agree with me then Vero.
Rinai Vero
Moira.
Villore Accords
#210 - 2015-04-07 15:54:55 UTC
Nuance just really is not your strong suit is it?
Tyrel Toov
Non-Hostile Target
Wild Geese.
#211 - 2015-04-07 16:12:31 UTC
Rinai Vero wrote:
Nuance just really is not your strong suit is it?

What!? Between him and Kim, why, they're the vary picture of nuance!

I want to paint my ship Periwinkle.

Pieter Tuulinen
Societas Imperialis Sceptri Coronaeque
Khimi Harar
#212 - 2015-04-07 17:34:56 UTC
Rinai Vero wrote:
You people hate Roden so badly because he's the epitome of a successful Caldari leader. He just isn't Caldari.


Perhaps we just don't understand why YOU don't hate him - since he's very much the anti-thesis of a Gallente leader. It's pretty rough having you beat us over the head for being the way we are and using someone like Roden to do it!

For the first time since I started the conversation, he looks me dead in the eye. In his gaze are steel jackhammers, quiet vengeance, a hundred thousand orbital bombs frozen in still life.

Liam Antolliere
Liberty Vanguard
#213 - 2015-04-07 17:43:38 UTC
I've been on record before and I'll gladly go on record again: I have no love for President Roden or Monsieur Blaque.

Regarding the Intaki Syndicate:

The Intaki Syndicate is an independent entity in that it is not under the direct governance of any other entity. It is, however, subject to regulation by the Federation regarding its ability to inhabit planets and occupy territory; regulations it complies with for a number of reasons.

We have, once again, come to a point where we are speaking on their behalf rather than simply observing or listening for their own representation. I don't know for certain that the Syndicate hates the Federation, what I do know is that it is a major trade partner of the Federation and the political and military relationship between them is one of mutual negligence moreso than anything else.

To label them a "puppet" or "vassal" of the Federation would be incorrect, however to label them as a fully independent nation would also be incorrect. They would most accurately be described as an autonomous subculture of the Intaki with ties to the Federation and other entities.

"Though the people may hate me, that does not relieve me of my charge."

Dailar Toralen
Toralen Industries
#214 - 2015-04-07 18:15:33 UTC
Liam Antolliere wrote:
I've been on record before and I'll gladly go on record again: I have no love for President Roden or Monsieur Blaque.

Regarding the Intaki Syndicate:

The Intaki Syndicate is an independent entity in that it is not under the direct governance of any other entity. It is, however, subject to regulation by the Federation regarding its ability to inhabit planets and occupy territory; regulations it complies with for a number of reasons.

We have, once again, come to a point where we are speaking on their behalf rather than simply observing or listening for their own representation. I don't know for certain that the Syndicate hates the Federation, what I do know is that it is a major trade partner of the Federation and the political and military relationship between them is one of mutual negligence moreso than anything else.

To label them a "puppet" or "vassal" of the Federation would be incorrect, however to label them as a fully independent nation would also be incorrect. They would most accurately be described as an autonomous subculture of the Intaki with ties to the Federation and other entities.


Regarding the Intaki Syndicate, I agree with you. It should prove that the Gallente are power-mongers. They try to control a faction which doesn't even have an alliance with them, which blows up Gallente ships for christ's sakes!

We are Toralen Industries. It doesn't matter if you fight for money, idealogies, or because it's what you are good at and it doesn't matter if you fight threw trade, combat, or diplomacy. No matter what or how you fight, there's a place for you.

Lyn Farel
Societas Imperialis Sceptri Coronaeque
Khimi Harar
#215 - 2015-04-07 18:56:55 UTC
Liam Antolliere wrote:
I've been on record before and I'll gladly go on record again: I have no love for President Roden or Monsieur Blaque.

Regarding the Intaki Syndicate:

The Intaki Syndicate is an independent entity in that it is not under the direct governance of any other entity. It is, however, subject to regulation by the Federation regarding its ability to inhabit planets and occupy territory; regulations it complies with for a number of reasons.

We have, once again, come to a point where we are speaking on their behalf rather than simply observing or listening for their own representation. I don't know for certain that the Syndicate hates the Federation, what I do know is that it is a major trade partner of the Federation and the political and military relationship between them is one of mutual negligence moreso than anything else.

To label them a "puppet" or "vassal" of the Federation would be incorrect, however to label them as a fully independent nation would also be incorrect. They would most accurately be described as an autonomous subculture of the Intaki with ties to the Federation and other entities.


The term is simply a protectorate.
Liam Antolliere
Liberty Vanguard
#216 - 2015-04-07 23:13:13 UTC
Lyn Farel wrote:


The term is simply a protectorate.


A protectorate would be under the protection of the Federation, which the Syndicate is not (to my knowledge).


Monsieur Toralen,

I fail to see how the relationship between the Syndicate and the Federation proves the Federation is a power mongering entity. The Syndicate is subject to the Federation only in that it has no desire to cause conflict and force military response should they breach their current relationship; also in that it maintains a business relationship with the Federation.

"Though the people may hate me, that does not relieve me of my charge."

Lyn Farel
Societas Imperialis Sceptri Coronaeque
Khimi Harar
#217 - 2015-04-08 16:54:26 UTC
Who knows ? Maybe not under official terms, granted...
Tristan Valentina
Moira.
Villore Accords
#218 - 2015-04-08 21:54:05 UTC
Is there a single Gallente pilot on this forum who would not help the intaki if they actually wanted to be "Liberated"?

Speak up if you would not.

This is a weird thing to even consider I mean how do you free people who might not even want what you consider freedom?

Should someone not fight for there own freedom? Or at least cry out for it?

Tristan
Pieter Tuulinen
Societas Imperialis Sceptri Coronaeque
Khimi Harar
#219 - 2015-04-08 23:24:54 UTC
The mere fact that the Intaki Liberation Front exists suggests you might be oversimplifying this issue.

For the first time since I started the conversation, he looks me dead in the eye. In his gaze are steel jackhammers, quiet vengeance, a hundred thousand orbital bombs frozen in still life.

Liam Antolliere
Liberty Vanguard
#220 - 2015-04-09 00:13:05 UTC
As Monsieur Tuulinen suggests, the situation is not so simple.

However, it is filled with intricacies and nuances that are best left to the purview of those directly involved with the situation rather than the forceful interjection of outside parties.

The Intaki have in the past, and are continuing to, represented themselves with tact and wisdom and while the situation may appear to be monolithic at this juncture, important situations are worth taking the time to deliberate over and resolve carefully.

While I am thankful for the interest of outside parties in the plight of a people, I would continue to urge that those people be permitted to continue representing themselves in the manner they see worthy and allow those of us directly involved to conduct ourselves accordingly.

Thank you.

"Though the people may hate me, that does not relieve me of my charge."