These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

[Scylla] Skynet - Removing Fighter Assist

First post First post First post
Author
Rroff
Antagonistic Tendencies
#1461 - 2015-04-12 01:58:20 UTC
Nolak Ataru wrote:

It was mentioned countless times before, and you yourself dismissed it earlier.

Not talking about the idea of the module itself in the context of carrier/fighters or a serious suggestion it was just a random thought that came to me in the shower of something that could be done with the rorqual.
Iroquoiss Pliskin
9B30FF Labs
#1462 - 2015-04-12 02:16:46 UTC
Rroff wrote:

...a random thought that came to me in the shower of something that could be done with the rorqual...

Tell me more. ( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)
Rroff
Antagonistic Tendencies
#1463 - 2015-04-12 02:27:02 UTC
Iroquoiss Pliskin wrote:
Rroff wrote:

...a random thought that came to me in the shower of something that could be done with the rorqual...

Tell me more. ( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

Not sure tales of whales in the shower are quite appropriate for this forum.
XXXMina
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#1464 - 2015-04-12 11:13:48 UTC
Stop nerfing capitals, supers, and titans. you've done enough. i had 5 capital pilots in 5 accounts and i used to happily fly all 5 at once. now i have 2 and one of them doesnt really log on anymore because its a pain to travel with jump fatigue. now your taking away fighter assist...i dont even think its as effective as you make it sound to be. you cant even deploy your own drones while your being assisted. is it really that OP that it needs addressing? i occasionally do this with carriers and my tengu and my tics when ratting are hardly phased. I cant rant and cry about this stupidity for hours but thats it for me.

Gnight
Iroquoiss Pliskin
9B30FF Labs
#1465 - 2015-04-12 11:31:55 UTC  |  Edited by: Iroquoiss Pliskin
XXXMina wrote:
capitals, supers, and titans. you've done enough. 5 capital pilots in 5 accounts

This gentlebeing has aptly defined the current tragedy in Eve.

Divide 350k by five.

http://eve-offline.net/?server=tranquility
MelaneNao
The Debauchery Tea Party
#1466 - 2015-04-13 09:14:04 UTC
Вам всеравно насрать что я тут написал, поэтому не буду париться с переводом.
А мне как игроку насрать будут ли варпать файтеры которых нельзя делегировать.

Ферштей?
Iroquoiss Pliskin
9B30FF Labs
#1467 - 2015-04-13 10:30:20 UTC
MelaneNao wrote:

Ферштей?

Ja. ( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)
Nevyn Auscent
Broke Sauce
#1468 - 2015-04-13 10:32:16 UTC
Iroquoiss Pliskin wrote:
XXXMina wrote:
capitals, supers, and titans. you've done enough. 5 capital pilots in 5 accounts

This gentlebeing has aptly defined the current tragedy in Eve.

Divide 350k by five.

http://eve-offline.net/?server=tranquility

Try dividing over 500k by about 2.4 and you get actual players I believe. Since CCP did release numbers saying that was the average number of accounts per person a couple of years back, and with recent changes to multiboxing I don't imagine that number has gone up at all.
Talaris EveningStar
The Torchwood Institute
#1469 - 2015-04-14 05:33:55 UTC
Removing Fighter Assist kills one of the one and only interesting things about flying a Carrier. Why would I spend billions of ISK on a freighter with high DPS drones?

Instead, I agree with looking into fixing things on the POS side of things. Clearly there's a hole in how it is working, and instead of nerfing a core function of a ship, maybe try fixing the real problem instead?

The idea of a Fighter Assist module for high slots isn't a terrible idea, but I think its just laziness not to address the real root cause of the problem; the Carrier/Shield side of things, which I almost consider an exploit if it weren't for the fact a Dread still has a pretty good chance of dropping on their heads and nuking them.

CEO, Fleet Admiral

The Torchwood Institute for Advanced Studies in Systems Research, Cybernetics, and Drifter technologies

Proud member of SERAPH

"There is no good, no evil. There is only The State."

Rowells
Blackwater USA Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#1470 - 2015-04-14 05:45:47 UTC
Talaris EveningStar wrote:
Removing Fighter Assist kills one of the one and only interesting things about flying a Carrier.

There was a reason the dev presentation said skynet wasn't a major practice. Everyone else realized what those other stats on the ship were for.
Gemini Tordanis
State War Academy
Caldari State
#1471 - 2015-04-14 18:03:36 UTC
While I agree with removing fighter assist, Carrier sensors arent robust enough to be able to DPS as effectively without assist. So do we effectively have a DPS nerf? hard to say.

Also. If the POS shield keeps me from targeting things while inside the shield, why cant drone bandwidth be blocked too?
Barbara Nichole
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#1472 - 2015-04-29 20:12:20 UTC
Why not just remove fighters all together....? Let me make it clear in case you couldn't read through my sarcasm, I think this change is not the right one; even though it addresses a problem or more accurately a complaint, it takes away much of a good and clever feature. There must be less less dramatic and easier ways to fix the beef you had with "skynet".

- remove the cloaked from local; free intel is the real problem, not  "afk" cloaking -

[IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a208/DawnFrostbringer/consultsig.jpg[/IMG]

Murtific
Collapsed Out
Pandemic Legion
#1473 - 2015-04-30 19:37:01 UTC
Dont remove ability to assign fighters.

If I'm in combat and I'm in a carrier, I can focus on repairing people and assign fighters to help the situation while relieving me of being slower on the reps. Repair allies and Attacking the primary can be difficult. It is the mechanic since forever to be able to do this multitasking in carrier combat.
Dr Cedric
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#1474 - 2015-04-30 20:56:51 UTC
Murtific wrote:
Dont remove ability to assign fighters.

If I'm in combat and I'm in a carrier, I can focus on repairing people and assign fighters to help the situation while relieving me of being slower on the reps. Repair allies and Attacking the primary can be difficult. It is the mechanic since forever to be able to do this multitasking in carrier combat.

The man has a point. It makes good sense to allow delegation of fighters to members that are not a warp-able distance away (less than 150 km), that way the original idea of the carrier launching mini-ships stays intact, but keeps the carrier on-grid

Cedric