These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Skill Points remapping/buying™: Ideas, Discussion, and Proposals

First post First post
Author
Arthur Aihaken
CODE.d
#461 - 2015-08-17 03:00:42 UTC
Tiddle Jr wrote:
Prove it or it didn't happen.

Check the history.

I am currently away, traveling through time and will be returning last week.

Chase Devine
Minimal Kollektiv
#462 - 2015-08-20 03:13:01 UTC  |  Edited by: Chase Devine
Remapping skill point falls into the same bucket as a character respawn after death, no consequence - no risk - no fun. Depending on the way its implemented it takes Eve further along the path of decending into a theme park type game style.

If remapping could be done it would have to remain in the domain of the new character, thats to say you can remap skill points within:

1. The first 3 months of a characters life
or
2. Within the first 2-5 million skillpoiints

After that above milestones some type of constraint as above remapping should be not allowed. Eve has a healthy character bazaar so obtaining a character to perform a role is easy.

Chase
Hopelesshobo
Hoboland
#463 - 2015-08-20 17:02:53 UTC
What I would like to see SP related is to allow us to generate bonus remaps once a year (Could potentially retain the cap at 2). My main arguement for this is that even though you can remap once a year, in practice this almost never happens. It's like going to the jump clone timer, even though it was supposed to be once a day, if it was every 24 hours then its really every other day. Virtually no training plans will last 365 days on the nose, so realistically we don't receive a usable remap once a year.

Lowering the average to make you look better since 2012.

Xackattack Avianson
Hold The Pod
Not Purple Shoot It.
#464 - 2015-08-22 00:53:27 UTC
Hopelesshobo wrote:
What I would like to see SP related is to allow us to generate bonus remaps once a year (Could potentially retain the cap at 2). My main arguement for this is that even though you can remap once a year, in practice this almost never happens. It's like going to the jump clone timer, even though it was supposed to be once a day, if it was every 24 hours then its really every other day. Virtually no training plans will last 365 days on the nose, so realistically we don't receive a usable remap once a year.

I agree!
Faelune
Tous Pour Un
#465 - 2015-08-22 11:27:36 UTC  |  Edited by: Faelune
Remapping by PLEX even if it's optional it's smoky.
At least those who paid for this will feel owned at the end because the efficiency ingame is not granted only by better skills. And the rythm to acquiere each usefullness from skill is slow.
it was always to count on your wise, lucidity and life care in order to win or not lose.

Buying or sell SP like if it is an V12 engine to improve and Old Fart kart is also overkill against player ou can't or do not want to throw more IRL wealth for pixels and shame/fame taht could occure after.

I Could may be agree about this buy and sell sp market only if it restrain constrain twice buyer and seller together.
For example. You buy skill from a player. you lose your freedom and cloning is a way for slavery.
A principle of Vampirism.
A contrario if you sell yourself you lose something. A part of freedom or power equal to the amount sold.

Yeah I know also some guy who watch over my shoulder and think: I could do trial alt and suck their SP to death and Construct my main swiftly quickly and with no regrets.
I thought about it a little.
We Couldn't sell sp point only from skill we possess. Sell Sp point from a scholar mean Concordoken. Buy SP from a scholar mean Concordoken also.
Dror
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#466 - 2015-08-22 11:30:14 UTC
Faelune wrote:
The efficiency ingame is not granted only by better skills.

Something as simple as cap skills can completely define a fit and playstyle. The challenge is if SP is worth reducing interest in the game.

"SP is helpful for the game?" Here's all of the research on motivation -- it says the opposite! What purpose does it serve, then? Starter corps are non-competitive. Sov is unchallenged. "Fix sov!" you say? Remove SP.

Faelune
Tous Pour Un
#467 - 2015-08-22 11:41:08 UTC  |  Edited by: Faelune
Yep because many ships are speciality.
The rug we can slip out from their feet is, why to sell and buy SP when some Tech1 role are mostly irrelevant from the start.
Logistics for defense, Leadership, interceptor fregate, assault fregate, etc...
An AF must cost more because she's better and more comfortable, and more efficient, not beacause she is more difficult to masterise or more fragile. They're not some prototype.
Tremain Oldfield
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#468 - 2015-08-25 03:58:24 UTC
Pilot's Body Resculpt Certificate should come with 1 remap.
Creating more demand for that certificate n more money for CCPSmile
Aerasia
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#469 - 2015-08-25 04:23:35 UTC
Tremain Oldfield wrote:
Creating more demand for that certificate n more money for CCPSmile
If they want to create demand for PLEX, cut out the middleman and just offer SP for PLEX directly. Lol
Renfus
Bloodhorn
Patchwork Freelancers
#470 - 2015-08-26 09:50:27 UTC
It would be great to be able to remap your skill points..
Maybe once a year..
Or once every couple years..
Even if they penalised you and you had to take a 5% loss in skill points to remap..
A miner could turn PvP or industrialist..
You could clean up your core skills...

((( Alliance Creation ))) Corp Update Service available ( 10,600 Member limit ). ++ Free with Alliance Creation ++ Contact me In-Game.

Orion Pax
Yoyodyne corporation
#471 - 2015-08-27 03:24:37 UTC
Xackattack Avianson wrote:
Hopelesshobo wrote:

I agree!

+1
DB Jones
Imperium Technologies
Sigma Grindset
#472 - 2015-08-29 05:59:49 UTC
I dont see a problem with turning plex into a remap of attributes, skill training is skill training and I dont see how it would affect any sort of game balance.

But re-allocation of skill points is just a bad, bad idea.

Choices should have consequences so if you train skill A but you wish you had trained skill B -well, too bad.

Buying remaps could even be explained RPishly :P
Tiddle Jr
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#473 - 2015-08-29 06:21:56 UTC
DB Jones wrote:
I dont see a problem with turning plex into a remap of attributes, skill training is skill training and I dont see how it would affect any sort of game balance.

It would produce a wave of well trained and focused alts. Which we ca't have due to remap limits

"The message is that there are known knowns. There are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say there are things that we now know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know" - CCP

Faelune
Tous Pour Un
#474 - 2015-08-29 12:26:03 UTC  |  Edited by: Faelune
Plex for remap some skill point is only an esthetical surgery for old cow who don't like scars or buildy boulders who think he lost his way.

from my point of view of old game master with dice and pen. A plex is cheap. 100 PLEX will be better for this job to be done.

After all, knowing all the time line to do carrier pilot, knowing all time line to be multi role pilot in cruiser fregate and battlecruiser. and that a Sp is a sp.
Probably it could be good to skill many low useless skills, make a remapping with a plex and win many weeks of time to pilot a carrier toy.
And defiling the regular way to do this licence.

May be 1000 PLEX will be more accurate, I think, for reference...
M33P
Doomheim
#475 - 2015-08-31 15:56:36 UTC
Remap every 6 month instead of 12.

Plex for resetting skillpoints. So if you trained the wrong skills, or want to do industry instead of pvp, pve instead of industry. you can focus more to Your playstyle.

These small changes will bring New life to the game imo.

I'm very strongly against buying skillpoints, but i dont mind the ideas about buying a remap for plex.
Thomas Gallant
Quafe Company Courier Shipping
#476 - 2015-08-31 19:53:07 UTC
Hmm, it's a tricky thing, buying skill resets I'd be against, but some way to change where you have skill points might be useful if done correctly. Lets say if you gave up a 50,000 skill points in a skill you don't need, you could get say, 25,000 "rest" skill points, meaning that whatever you apply those points too would not have an effect instantly, but instead increase your training speed until you've gotten an extra 25,000 skill points compared to how much you'd get normally training.

Basically you'd be sacrificing skill points for slightly faster training. This would prevent the need to have a high standard cost as "flavor of the month" wouldn't be a thing, it would naturally be a slow way to change where your skill points are. and wouldn't favor the rich over the poor, and would also limit the speed you could swap skill points.
Nikk Narrel
Moonlit Bonsai
#477 - 2015-08-31 20:03:56 UTC
Thomas Gallant wrote:
Hmm, it's a tricky thing, buying skill resets I'd be against, but some way to change where you have skill points might be useful if done correctly. Lets say if you gave up a 50,000 skill points in a skill you don't need, you could get say, 25,000 "rest" skill points, meaning that whatever you apply those points too would not have an effect instantly, but instead increase your training speed until you've gotten an extra 25,000 skill points compared to how much you'd get normally training.

Basically you'd be sacrificing skill points for slightly faster training. This would prevent the need to have a high standard cost as "flavor of the month" wouldn't be a thing, it would naturally be a slow way to change where your skill points are. and wouldn't favor the rich over the poor, and would also limit the speed you could swap skill points.

How about this?

(POST LINK HERE)
Avvy
Doomheim
#478 - 2015-09-03 19:44:26 UTC
Don't need remaps, you just need to get rid of attributes.
Howard Aideron
Pax International
#479 - 2015-09-10 10:28:52 UTC
Avvy wrote:

This is a good idea. For those that have attribute enhancer implants, since those would have to be removed, provide free SP instead.

So for example, if a pilot is using the +5 Perception Implant, this would be removed and they would be given 1 million SP to use as they see fit. So if they're using +5s for all their slots it would give them a maximum of 5 million SP to distribute. Something like this:

+5s -> 1,000,000 SP per implant
+4s -> 900,000 SP per implant
+3s -> 800,000 SP per implant
+2s -> 700,000 SP per implant
+1s -> 600,000 SP per implant
Teckos Pech
Hogyoku
Goonswarm Federation
#480 - 2015-09-11 08:19:49 UTC
Howard Aideron wrote:
Avvy wrote:

This is a good idea. For those that have attribute enhancer implants, since those would have to be removed, provide free SP instead.

So for example, if a pilot is using the +5 Perception Implant, this would be removed and they would be given 1 million SP to use as they see fit. So if they're using +5s for all their slots it would give them a maximum of 5 million SP to distribute. Something like this:

+5s -> 1,000,000 SP per implant
+4s -> 900,000 SP per implant
+3s -> 800,000 SP per implant
+2s -> 700,000 SP per implant
+1s -> 600,000 SP per implant

No, because when such a change is announced everyone who could would buy +5s to get that +5 million SP, basically converting ISK into SP.

"The curious task of economics is to demonstrate to men how little they really know about what they imagine they can design."--Friedrich August von Hayek

8 Golden Rules for EVE Online