These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Walking in stations

First post
Author
Solecist Project
#1481 - 2016-01-12 00:10:51 UTC
Kuronaga wrote:
Paladin Genghis Khanid wrote:
Walking in stations should be their #1 priority. I'm sure we all agree on this one fact.

Not so much, no.

Solecist Project wrote:
Not sure I follow... you can't grow empires playing solo ...

Done it.

Nope, you didn't.
That would be a one-man-empire, which is none.
You needed help and people around you.

Dismissed.

That ringing in your ears you're experiencing right now is the last gasping breathe of a dying inner ear as it got thoroughly PULVERISED by the point roaring over your head at supersonic speeds. - Tippia

Hasikan Miallok
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#1482 - 2016-01-12 03:50:38 UTC
If they do WIS I want a hover board. Walking around some of those stations will take longer than flying from Ren to Jita in a freighter on autopilot, without the excitement of CODE.
Candi LeMew
Division 13
#1483 - 2016-01-12 04:40:14 UTC
Jenshae Chiroptera wrote:
... Let's not stop there. ...
So much sarcasm and yet, such a convoluted scenario you paint there.
Makes me think you really wanted this stuff and now you are bitter because you are unlikely to ever get it.

You bet your sweet sweet cloned ass I want that. Also, weren't we promised hardcore sexual intercourse on stations?!?! I wants meh space poon!!! Artemis Tyrannos is asking for it!!!

Hot.

🍌

Remember... in Anoikis Bob Is Always Watching...

"I been kicked out of better homes than this" - Rick James

Nana Skalski
Taisaanat Kotei
EDENCOM DEFENSIVE INITIATIVE
#1484 - 2016-01-15 12:34:59 UTC
I really dont know what to think. Part of me would like to see other players avatars in station environment, and when I saw this new CCP career offers, it rekindled a small candle of hope. But then it immediately started to flutter, as I know CCP have other plans for future, for EVE.

Maybe completely other game, in a world of EVE, something what can acompany Valkyrie on Oculus. Pirate
Mr Epeen
It's All About Me
#1485 - 2016-01-15 18:31:45 UTC
Nana Skalski wrote:
I really dont know what to think. Part of me would like to see other players avatars in station environment, and when I saw this new CCP career offers, it rekindled a small candle of hope. But then it immediately started to flutter, as I know CCP have other plans for future, for EVE.

Maybe completely other game, in a world of EVE, something what can acompany Valkyrie on Oculus. Pirate
WIS + Oculus + Adults Only areas in stations = doubling of the player base in a few weeks.

Just sayin'

Mr Epeen Cool
Kuronaga
The Dead Parrot Shoppe Inc.
The Chicken Coop
#1486 - 2016-01-15 21:15:14 UTC
Solecist Project wrote:
Kuronaga wrote:
Walking in stations should be their #1 priority. I'm sure we all agree on this one fact.

Not so much, no.

Solecist Project wrote:

Done it.

Nope, you didn't.

Dismissed.

No, you simply need people to do what you tell them to do. That doesn't mean playing with them.

You have much to learn about efficiency.
Nana Skalski
Taisaanat Kotei
#1487 - 2016-01-16 08:37:11 UTC
Kuronaga wrote:
Solecist Project wrote:
Kuronaga wrote:

Not so much, no.

Solecist Project wrote:

Done it.

Nope, you didn't.

Dismissed.

No, you simply need people to do what you tell them to do. That doesn't mean playing with them.

You have much to learn about efficiency.

Its still not one man empire.
I dont see how it would be if you dont need people that listen to you. Empire is not about one man telling others what to do. Its about all these people listening.
Kuronaga
The Dead Parrot Shoppe Inc.
The Chicken Coop
#1488 - 2016-01-16 09:57:58 UTC  |  Edited by: Kuronaga
Never said anything about a one man empire.

I said one man can build an empire without having to play with others, and that holds true to this day.

It's all about how you choose to delegate.

Now granted, I can choose to get involved when I'm really bored but its hardly necessary.
Nana Skalski
Taisaanat Kotei
#1489 - 2016-01-16 11:06:10 UTC  |  Edited by: Nana Skalski
Kuronaga wrote:

I said one man can build an empire without having to play with others, and that holds true to this day.

Listening and telling is interaction with others. You can say its not playing, but there you have it, you need others to have empire. Else its just a crazy man talking to himself. I think this is not solo building. One can say he build it himself, but in fact they built it together. He just take claim for something other people do. Just like Steve Jobs. Lol
Logan Revelore
Symbiotic Systems
#1490 - 2016-01-16 11:22:39 UTC
I firmly believe that establishing 'Walking in Stations' is one of those things that has the potential to capture a whole new audience and increasea our subs. This is of course dependent upon being able to "live" in stations and have a lot of stuff to do, as in it being a whole new game, where don't necessarily need to fly space ships.
Vaerah Vahrokha
Vahrokh Consulting
#1491 - 2016-01-17 17:49:43 UTC
Solecist Project wrote:
Cahir Ceallach wrote:
Solecist Project wrote:
Lan Wang wrote:
Cahir Ceallach wrote:
I join EVE becasue i watch trailer Incarna "ooo walking in station i need to play this" but its 5 years and i wait and wait... :(

even though they have already said they do not intend to be looking at it again you are still here?

Our sexyness keeps him hooked. ;)

Im be in here because for now in MMO, EVE is only mature MMO.

But i still wait to play space poker in station lose and win itemes and isk ;)

Technically speaking it's the *only* MMO.

Project Entropia is out since a long time, it's not some 3k online indie stuff. It's also an harsher PvP MMO than EvE is (yes I have played it).
Vaerah Vahrokha
Vahrokh Consulting
#1492 - 2016-01-17 17:51:33 UTC
MidnightWyvern wrote:
Nana Skalski wrote:
The world.

A long term vision. What is there after the gates and supposed new colonization? What will be the vision with new producer? CCP will make only SKINs and dresses? I dont think so, and i dont think CCP Seagull will be forever a producer for CCP. Already new vision must be developed, that comes after this one in realization.

So we haven't even reached the current Future Vision and you're already suggesting we need to be looking beyond it?

I mean, just as an example, Elite: Dangerous just came out with landing on planets with no atmosphere. Most of that gameplay involves just flying around over the surface or driving your rover to look for resources.

One need only go to Twitch to watch people doing that and enjoying themselves for hours. And that's only the first release of landing functionality.

I don't think finding new solar systems and building gates out to them to colonize them is in any danger of getting boring soon after release.

This is quite false, there are plenty of missions to do on planets, save / salvage / rescue / attack bases, shut down generators in bases and so on.
Cien Banchiere
Extrinsic Arcadia Distribution
#1493 - 2016-01-17 18:25:25 UTC
I hope for WiS one day. I may have posted in here before but don't feel like looking up past posts at work.

I'd like our CQ to be something like Playstation Home was supposed to be, minus the ungodly prices for items. A majority of stuff should be obtainable through ISK, with premium stuff for NES. I see a reason for in station environments to be a place to chill and do mini activities. Sure, it's not space or a spaceship but who cares?itd be optional content anyway
As long as long standing in game problems get fixed by CCP first.

Yes, I may be an outlier who thinks is possible and feasible.
Jenshae Chiroptera
#1494 - 2016-01-17 22:27:31 UTC
Nana Skalski wrote:
Kuronaga wrote:

Listening and telling is interaction with others.
If they are being delegated to then they are working for him and not necessarily with him as, "with," can mean an equal relationship.

CCP - Building ant hills and magnifying glasses for fat kids

Not even once

EVE is becoming shallow and puerile; it will satisfy neither the veteran nor the "WoW" type crowd in the transition.

Nana Skalski
Taisaanat Kotei
#1495 - 2016-01-17 23:37:51 UTC
Jenshae Chiroptera wrote:
Nana Skalski wrote:
Kuronaga wrote:

Listening and telling is interaction with others.
If they are being delegated to then they are working for him and not necessarily with him as, "with," can mean an equal relationship.

Are you implying these are brainless automatons? Since when lobotomized monkeys form empires?

If he is doing everything himself, its for sure a zoo or a farm, not empire.
Jenshae Chiroptera
#1496 - 2016-01-18 00:03:38 UTC
Nana Skalski wrote:
Are you implying these are brainless automatons? Since when lobotomized monkeys form empires?
Have you met any Goons?
Perhaps you need to do so in a WiS environment to fully comprehend this phenomenon! Lol

CCP - Building ant hills and magnifying glasses for fat kids

Not even once

EVE is becoming shallow and puerile; it will satisfy neither the veteran nor the "WoW" type crowd in the transition.

Khergit Deserters
Crom's Angels
#1497 - 2016-01-19 01:15:54 UTC
Remember Sid Meier's Pirates! ? The ship combat and the fencing action were kind of hard, but nothing compared to the dance floor action. One derp, and you were kaput with the Governor's Beautiful Daughter, go back to Go. WIS has to be like that.

Smile
Nana Skalski
Taisaanat Kotei
#1498 - 2016-01-19 13:06:23 UTC
Khergit Deserters wrote:
Remember Sid Meier's Pirates! ? The ship combat and the fencing action were kind of hard, but nothing compared to the dance floor action. One derp, and you were kaput with the Governor's Beautiful Daughter, go back to Go. WIS has to be like that.

Smile

But with exotic dancers.
Djsaeu
Doomheim
#1499 - 2016-01-19 13:36:15 UTC
Beats me, WIS would be ok, it was used in Earth & Beyond although there were no private quarters, there were multiple places to go.
There was a bar, and trade center along with processing stations, mission stations, with the NPC's you could kinda sorta talk to, production stations, even a news center where you could hear the latest news around the universe.

I have no idea how Westwood managed it but it worked really great. The engine to drive it was sold and used to create the Sims.
When E & B shut down I was given a months sub to EVE but did not get to use it.
Aina Aideron
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#1500 - 2016-01-19 18:09:46 UTC
A way to have some wis features, would be to add them to some Legion areas, rather than a separate expansion. You have a central hub and market place before missions, meeting up with your corp and others in your faction, change gear with others, planning missions, journey to other planets together. Maybe one could think of wis like Dust with more opportunities to do what you want and more possibilities for interaction.