These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Walking in stations

First post
Author
Max Deveron
Deveron Shipyards and Technology
#921 - 2015-07-27 10:22:18 UTC
Lan Wang wrote:
Jenn aSide wrote:
Ishtanchuk Fazmarai wrote:
Stuff like: player A serves food to player B, which eats too much and grows fat and buys new clothes from player C or gets a clone resculpt from Player D.


WTF does any of that have to do with spacecraft?


yeah this sounds sh!t, go play the sims



To answer, sure it has nothing to do with spacecraft directly.
As to the sims thing.....yep thats a good one, i would rather the one that might play sims spend their money here instead of on sims, but they need something to do first hmmm.
Borascus
#922 - 2015-07-27 11:13:03 UTC
Ishtanchuk Fazmarai wrote:


You may have noticed too that all characters in the videos are generic Gallente... Blink

The Scope videos are made out of game with specific CGI assets (not a lot o them since they're used only for CGI videos). There are no WiS assets in the Scope videos.


oh wait i meant this one at the 56 second mark
Infinity Ziona
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#923 - 2015-07-27 13:12:00 UTC
Delt0r Garsk wrote:


It was stated that the whole thing would be *trivial* or easy.. and coding no problem at all. I assure you the only people that think such things are trivial are people who have never had the pleasure (displeasure) on working on such a project.

This is not trivial, easy or any of the above. Even with a toy database its far from trivial.

It was never stated that the coding would be trivial. I stated that passing the pilot(data) would be trivial since it's already being done (in Dust). The coding would be easy yes. There is already the ability to download engines that provide 3D environments , GUI and avatar functionality with minimal coding.

CCP Fozzie “We can see how much money people are making in nullsec and it is, a gigantic amount, a shit-ton… in null sec anomalies. “*

Kaalrus pwned..... :)

Lan Wang
Pandemic Alpha
#924 - 2015-07-27 13:14:30 UTC
Infinity Ziona wrote:
Delt0r Garsk wrote:


It was stated that the whole thing would be *trivial* or easy.. and coding no problem at all. I assure you the only people that think such things are trivial are people who have never had the pleasure (displeasure) on working on such a project.

This is not trivial, easy or any of the above. Even with a toy database its far from trivial.

It was never stated that the coding would be trivial. I stated that passing the pilot(data) would be trivial since it's already being done (in Dust). The coding would be easy yes. There is already the ability to download engines that provide 3D environments , GUI and avatar functionality with minimal coding.


you should build us an example Lol

Domination Nephilim - Angel Cartel

Calm down miner. As you pointed out, people think they can get away with stuff they would not in rl... Like for example illegal mining... - Ima Wreckyou*

Delt0r Garsk
Shits N Giggles
#925 - 2015-07-27 13:36:17 UTC
Max Deveron wrote:
Lan Wang wrote:
Jenn aSide wrote:
Ishtanchuk Fazmarai wrote:
Stuff like: player A serves food to player B, which eats too much and grows fat and buys new clothes from player C or gets a clone resculpt from Player D.


WTF does any of that have to do with spacecraft?


yeah this sounds sh!t, go play the sims



To answer, sure it has nothing to do with spacecraft directly.
As to the sims thing.....yep thats a good one, i would rather the one that might play sims spend their money here instead of on sims, but they need something to do first hmmm.

No we don't want lots of Sims or second life players here. Eve should be eve, not every game to every person.

AKA the scientist.

Death and Glory!

Well fun is also good.

Delt0r Garsk
Shits N Giggles
#926 - 2015-07-27 13:39:16 UTC
Infinity Ziona wrote:
The coding would be easy yes.

There you go again. If its so easy SHOW US. Hack a prototype up in Unity and show us how easy it is. Make sure at least 100 ppl can interact.

As i said before. Talk is cheap. It is easy to say it is easy. But after being a dev for 20 years, i assure you it is not.

AKA the scientist.

Death and Glory!

Well fun is also good.

Lan Wang
Pandemic Alpha
#927 - 2015-07-27 13:40:53 UTC
next ill have my facebook newsfeed filled with "Ishtanchuk Fazmarai just bought a new cooker in EVE Online and needs help to fill it with magic beans, click here to help Ishtanchuk Fazmarai"

Domination Nephilim - Angel Cartel

Calm down miner. As you pointed out, people think they can get away with stuff they would not in rl... Like for example illegal mining... - Ima Wreckyou*

Jenshae Chiroptera
#928 - 2015-07-27 14:24:15 UTC  |  Edited by: Jenshae Chiroptera
Lan Wang wrote:
Gunn Yage wrote:
Just posted a threat named what edge does this game have over others...Im one of the old vets that actually wanted that feature in the game even if it sucked.. The player base would of exploded but sadly..
Stop trolling baiting! It has plenty of edge over the other games you speak of ...
Fixed.

CCP - Building ant hills and magnifying glasses for fat kids

Not even once

EVE is becoming shallow and puerile; it will satisfy neither the veteran nor the "WoW" type crowd in the transition.

Max Deveron
Deveron Shipyards and Technology
#929 - 2015-07-27 14:31:37 UTC
Delt0r Garsk wrote:

No we don't want lots of Sims or second life players here. Eve should be eve, not every game to every person.


Uhm all i can say here, is if WiS were to occur then dont DOCK UP, stay in space and you wont have to interact with those other players.

Simple really.
Jenshae Chiroptera
#930 - 2015-07-27 14:33:33 UTC
Max Deveron wrote:
Delt0r Garsk wrote:
No we don't want lots of Sims or second life players here. Eve should be eve, not every game to every person.
Uhm all i can say here, is if WiS were to occur then dont DOCK UP, stay in space and you wont have to interact with those other players.
Simple really.
... or dock up but don't enable WiS. Keep spinning your ship.

CCP - Building ant hills and magnifying glasses for fat kids

Not even once

EVE is becoming shallow and puerile; it will satisfy neither the veteran nor the "WoW" type crowd in the transition.

Delt0r Garsk
Shits N Giggles
#931 - 2015-07-27 19:57:54 UTC
Max Deveron wrote:
Delt0r Garsk wrote:

No we don't want lots of Sims or second life players here. Eve should be eve, not every game to every person.


Uhm all i can say here, is if WiS were to occur then dont DOCK UP, stay in space and you wont have to interact with those other players.

Simple really.

I don't. I am in WH space :P

AKA the scientist.

Death and Glory!

Well fun is also good.

Jenshae Chiroptera
#932 - 2015-07-27 20:01:39 UTC
Delt0r Garsk wrote:
I don't. I am in WH space :P
Is okay, in Dominion SOV I wanted WHs to be able to build stations.

CCP - Building ant hills and magnifying glasses for fat kids

Not even once

EVE is becoming shallow and puerile; it will satisfy neither the veteran nor the "WoW" type crowd in the transition.

Unezka Turigahl
Det Som Engang Var
#933 - 2015-07-28 13:01:39 UTC
Max Deveron wrote:

To answer, sure it has nothing to do with spacecraft directly.
As to the sims thing.....yep thats a good one, i would rather the one that might play sims spend their money here instead of on sims, but they need something to do first hmmm.


We need a shooter in EVE also so shooter fans will give us their money. And a rockband type thing so people who like to play guitar will give us their money. We also need some medieval fantasy stuff so we can have the money of people who don't like sci fi.
Jenshae Chiroptera
#934 - 2015-07-28 13:29:59 UTC
Unezka Turigahl wrote:
We need a shooter in EVE also so shooter fans will give us their money. ...
As ironically as you say it, I would love for them to port Dust to PC and integrate it with WiS and EVE properly.

CCP - Building ant hills and magnifying glasses for fat kids

Not even once

EVE is becoming shallow and puerile; it will satisfy neither the veteran nor the "WoW" type crowd in the transition.

Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#935 - 2015-07-28 13:36:19 UTC
Delt0r Garsk wrote:
Infinity Ziona wrote:
The coding would be easy yes.

There you go again. If its so easy SHOW US. Hack a prototype up in Unity and show us how easy it is. Make sure at least 100 ppl can interact.

As i said before. Talk is cheap. It is easy to say it is easy. But after being a dev for 20 years, i assure you it is not.


Don't bother with that fool. He thinks computer code is a magic wand that you can just wave and fulfill all of his absurd ideas.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Mr Epeen
It's All About Me
#936 - 2015-07-28 16:22:40 UTC
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
Delt0r Garsk wrote:
Infinity Ziona wrote:
The coding would be easy yes.

There you go again. If its so easy SHOW US. Hack a prototype up in Unity and show us how easy it is. Make sure at least 100 ppl can interact.

As i said before. Talk is cheap. It is easy to say it is easy. But after being a dev for 20 years, i assure you it is not.


Don't bother with that fool. He thinks computer code is a magic wand that you can just wave and fulfill all of his absurd ideas.

Magic is real!

For proof, look at a helicopter. The only way they can stay in the air is by magic.

Mr Epeen Cool
Max Deveron
Deveron Shipyards and Technology
#937 - 2015-07-28 17:21:47 UTC
Jenshae Chiroptera wrote:
Unezka Turigahl wrote:
We need a shooter in EVE also so shooter fans will give us their money. ...
As ironically as you say it, I would love for them to port Dust to PC and integrate it with WiS and EVE properly.


This i would love to see also, the proper integration. Now Valkyrie, i think will always be stand alone, no idea how that might be integrated with EvE outside of EvE indy players building stuff for it....its a flight sim, eve depends on 1 second ticks.
Jenshae Chiroptera
#938 - 2015-07-28 17:32:49 UTC
Max Deveron wrote:
Jenshae Chiroptera wrote:
Unezka Turigahl wrote:
We need a shooter in EVE also so shooter fans will give us their money. ...
As ironically as you say it, I would love for them to port Dust to PC and integrate it with WiS and EVE properly.
This i would love to see also, the proper integration. Now Valkyrie, i think will always be stand alone, no idea how that might be integrated with EvE outside of EvE indy players building stuff for it....its a flight sim, eve depends on 1 second ticks.
Relativity.
The Valkyrie pilots can fight each other and drones and we basically get status reports. They can deliver Dust troops from ships to structures, planets and moons.

CCP - Building ant hills and magnifying glasses for fat kids

Not even once

EVE is becoming shallow and puerile; it will satisfy neither the veteran nor the "WoW" type crowd in the transition.

flakeys
Doomheim
#939 - 2015-07-28 20:44:23 UTC
Delt0r Garsk wrote:
Max Deveron wrote:
Lan Wang wrote:
Jenn aSide wrote:
Ishtanchuk Fazmarai wrote:
Stuff like: player A serves food to player B, which eats too much and grows fat and buys new clothes from player C or gets a clone resculpt from Player D.


WTF does any of that have to do with spacecraft?


yeah this sounds sh!t, go play the sims



To answer, sure it has nothing to do with spacecraft directly.
As to the sims thing.....yep thats a good one, i would rather the one that might play sims spend their money here instead of on sims, but they need something to do first hmmm.

No we don't want lots of Sims or second life players here. Eve should be eve, not every game to every person.




/me shivers ...


I played second life for a few days once just to see what all the fuzz was about.People talk about eve sociapaths but if you really want to get frightened by how people behave in a game then i suggest trying second life.The idea of that place still gives me the creeps ...

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid.

Jenshae Chiroptera
#940 - 2015-07-28 23:34:06 UTC
flakeys wrote:
... I played second life for a few days once just to see what all the fuzz was about.People talk about eve sociapaths but if you really want to get frightened by how people behave in a game then i suggest trying second life.The idea of that place still gives me the creeps ...
Did your dark and twisty nature scare you? Twisted
Second Life is a virtual world, where you find what you search for in there.
I play Go in 3D, do some sailing, hot air ballooning, walk around forests, hang around friends playing music from their collections, sit on a beach just chatting to friends and I have friends that even got married after meeting there (they are still together years later).

CCP - Building ant hills and magnifying glasses for fat kids

Not even once

EVE is becoming shallow and puerile; it will satisfy neither the veteran nor the "WoW" type crowd in the transition.