These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

CSM Campaigns

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

"Give Your Voice A Chance!" WINGSPAN//Chance Ravinne for CSM X

Author
Papa Django
Materials Harvesting Kombinat
#81 - 2015-02-17 13:12:39 UTC
So many great ideas, so positive and fresh air :)

Your mentor progarm idea is probably the best and should be examined very seriously by CCP.
Phoenix Jones
Small-Arms Fire
#82 - 2015-02-17 14:11:53 UTC  |  Edited by: Phoenix Jones
Axloth Okiah wrote:
If you are seeking wormholers' vote you should go and talk to us more, have a chat with corbexx (the incumbent WH CSM rep), get on WH podcasts, talk to some WH groups, get the feel of the community, give them chance to be wooed by your enthusiasm.

^Those three things I asked are what we all care about very deeply. For example T3s are the backbone of our fleets and they will very likely be getting a rebalance pass during your potential CSM term, so you should have some idea what that should look like (ie. versus other ships, roles, etc.).

I'll say this, even day trippers are wormholers. Chance is kind of split with the wormhole groups atm. It's wierd but he's on par with the other wormhole candidates minus corbexx atm (you could see his as a good or bad thing). Just be careful trolling the wormhole forums. We bite if provoked.

Yaay!!!!

Chance Ravinne
WiNGSPAN Delivery Services
WiNGSPAN Delivery Network
#83 - 2015-02-17 15:39:32 UTC
Hey everyone, the latest CapStable candidate review is here, which includes the team's review of my interview... Check it out if you can, starting about half an hour in.

You've just read another awesome post by Chance Ravinne, CEO of EVE's #1 torpedo delivery service. Watch our misadventures on my YouTube channel: WINGSPANTT

Axloth Okiah
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#84 - 2015-02-17 18:43:59 UTC
should go on DTP...
Hibernator X
Standing Wave Society
#85 - 2015-02-18 18:57:16 UTC
Honestly, I think you are perhaps the strongest NPE centric candidate and your perspective as an informed newbro will prove to be valuable during the upcoming CSM term. Good luck to you!
Mori Dey
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#86 - 2015-02-18 23:59:02 UTC
Chance Ravinne wrote:
Hey everyone, the latest CapStable candidate review is here, which includes the team's review of my interview... Check it out if you can, starting about half an hour in.

So what are your thoughts on CapStable's evaluation of your interview?

- How would you see CCP involving Youtube channels to promote EVE? Would they be getting an advanced character, items, ships? What kind of incentive would CCP be giving them?
Freelancer117
So you want to be a Hero
#87 - 2015-02-19 20:32:05 UTC
Please put the COSMOS agents / mission on CCPgames radar for updating to, then you got my vote Cool

Eve online is :

A) mining simulator B) glorified chatroom C) spreadsheets online

D) CCP Games Pay to Win at skill leveling, with instant gratification

http://eve-radio.com//images/photos/3419/223/34afa0d7998f0a9a86f737d6.jpg

http://bit.ly/1egr4mF

Mynxee
Signal Cartel
EvE-Scout Enclave
#88 - 2015-02-20 01:20:55 UTC
Chance Ravinne wrote:

I loved your interview...definitely giving you one of the first four slots on my ballots. Your enthusiasm and creative approach to problem solving are appealing and you would bring an engaged newer player perspective to the CSM which I don't think it has had the benefit of before. Good luck!

Lost in space, looking for sigs...

Blog: Cloaky Wanderer

Chance Ravinne
#89 - 2015-02-20 05:40:45 UTC
Mori Dey wrote:
Chance Ravinne wrote:

So what are your thoughts on CapStable's evaluation of your interview?

- How would you see CCP involving Youtube channels to promote EVE? Would they be getting an advanced character, items, ships? What kind of incentive would CCP be giving them?

An important question. As I stated in the interview it's important these people do not receive a ridiculous in-game advantage, since CCP should not be using its marketing to play favorites, as it were. In my background as both a marketer and a gaming "journalist", there are a few approaches I've seen.

The most common is simply to give players a free "review copy" of the game with an agreement that the content creator will produce a set number of videos, articles, etc. in exchange for the free software. Now, EVE is different since it isn't a boxed product per se, but it could certainly be arranged for a subscription period (3 months, 6 months, 1 year etc.) or a boxed collection (EVE Collector's Edition).

The boxed collection in particular offers the additional value in asking/requiring the producer to also review the physical goods, create an unboxing video, etc. Some people out there may not even be aware these kinds of products exist.

Another type of agreement may consist of pre-creating several mid-level characters of various archetypes. A miner, a mission runner, an explorer, etc. and giving these to a player in exchange for an X-part series featuring each of them. This would require a more formal agreement.

A third option (which is most likely to be considered distasteful, but should still be considered) is to hire a PR firm to directly pay the targeted personalities to play EVE. These gamers would be contracted to receive $X per video/media produced, with previously agreed-upon topics, length, etc. They would have to disclose their sponsorship to their fans, but would otherwise be relatively free to approach the game as they please. This type of contract would be the most formal, but also the most likely to yield results due to the best incentives and the binding nature of the agreement. However, these players would still not be receiving any type of in-game advantage or exclusive benefit.

Of course, it is hard to advise on the type of route to take without knowing CCP's budgeting details, their previously completed endeavors, general player data/segmentation of high-retention players, etc. They're just examples of high-level templates to work from, based on what I have seen work for other companies.

You've just read another awesome post by Chance Ravinne, CEO of EVE's #1 torpedo delivery service. Watch our misadventures on my YouTube channel: WINGSPANTT

Suzy RC Mudstone
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#90 - 2015-02-20 09:24:35 UTC
Interview was excellent! Chance/Suzy for CSMX!

http://i.imgur.com/qEhiI1H.jpg

DERELICT MYBALLS
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#91 - 2015-02-20 18:46:14 UTC
If it wasn't for Chance and or the Wingspan Bros i would have left the game and Unsubbed a while ago :D Good Luck Boss :)
Damjan Fox
Fox Industries and Exploration
#92 - 2015-02-21 11:37:13 UTC
Actions speak louder than words, Chance.

You claim to care about the status of PVE and the New Player Experience.

You say that,
Quote:
New players need direction to avoid the feeling that “there is nothing to do.” We as experienced players know this is a naïve assumption, but someone whose trial is about to expire can’t be asked to just believe the game gets interesting. They have to be shown the possibilities and offered reasonable advice on how they can do it.

I think this statement is quite funny and contradictory, considering, that you and your corp members are harassing and blackmailing streamers (and even make them quit entirely), whose sole purpose was, to show new players some PVE/Exploration content and how to get a foothold in EVE in gerneral.

Just to make clear, i don't care about ingame blackmailing, scamming, suicide ganking and whatnot. That's all part of the game.

But, just as a comparison, how could i take someone seriously, who's claiming to stand for PVE and the NPE, but, at the same time, is wardeccing eve-uni and killing newbros?

That's, why i think, the purpose of this whole candidacy, is not primarily to help the game, but to boost your own ego.

As you might have already guessed, no, i will not vote for you.

Regards,
Damjan

(Now you all can spam me, with your "HTFU" posts. I don't care.)
BroodAlpha
Perkone
Caldari State
#93 - 2015-02-22 15:14:37 UTC
Of all the applicants in the CSM, I like you the best. You're a newer player and you don't have an agenda for yourself. You create content, you share it with others via YouTube and because you're not in any of the major power blocks, you don't have any political issues in the game.

You don't inherantly dislike anyone for their past exploits in the game, you deliver torpedoes mercilessly to complete strangers without prejudice.

I don't know you personaly but in my opinion it doesn't seem like you're in it to boost your ego like so many others. You're in it because you played the game, you created a successful corporation, and you think it'd be cool to be on the CSM for the experience and to share your views on the gameplay you love.

I feel like when CCP bounces ideas off you, you will give them due research and time.

This is why I think you, out of all the CSM applicants will be the best person to analyse current and upcoming CSM topics.

I'm a very harsh and critical person and have already posted negative thoughts on other people's CSM campaigns. I don't praise people often but out of everyone that has applied for CSM, so far you're the best candidate in my opinion.
Rhavas
Noble Sentiments
Second Empire.
#94 - 2015-02-23 03:25:11 UTC
After researching all of the 77 candidates, Chance is one of only nine to earn a full endorsement from me. He's on my list and he should be on yours.

https://interstellarprivateer.wordpress.com/2015/02/22/csm-x-full-endorsements/

Author of Interstellar Privateer Shattered Planets, Wormholes and Game Commentary

Chance Ravinne
#95 - 2015-02-23 06:12:01 UTC
Damjan, I didn't want you to think I was ignoring your post. I'd like to address a few things.

1. We never blackmailed anyone. We extorted them.
  2. Your friend specifically told me that WINGSPAN was "not the reason" he was quitting streaming.
  3. You quoted me saying I think streams should show players the game is interesting. I believe may of the streamers' viewers learned exactly how dynamic EVE can be.
  4. If someone wardecced E-Uni, it would present corp leadership the opportunity to teach its students how to evade war targets.
  5. My ego is already plenty boosted by this incredibly sexy orange jacket.
  6. And no, I don't believe in spamming anyone with "HTFU" messages, and if anyone in my corp has done this to you, I would like to see the screencaps so I can reprimand them.

Damjan Fox wrote:
Actions speak louder than words, Chance.

You claim to care about the status of PVE and the New Player Experience.

You say that,
Quote:
New players need direction to avoid the feeling that “there is nothing to do.” We as experienced players know this is a naïve assumption, but someone whose trial is about to expire can’t be asked to just believe the game gets interesting. They have to be shown the possibilities and offered reasonable advice on how they can do it.

I think this statement is quite funny and contradictory, considering, that you and your corp members are harassing and blackmailing streamers (and even make them quit entirely), whose sole purpose was, to show new players some PVE/Exploration content and how to get a foothold in EVE in gerneral.

Just to make clear, i don't care about ingame blackmailing, scamming, suicide ganking and whatnot. That's all part of the game.

But, just as a comparison, how could i take someone seriously, who's claiming to stand for PVE and the NPE, but, at the same time, is wardeccing eve-uni and killing newbros?

That's, why i think, the purpose of this whole candidacy, is not primarily to help the game, but to boost your own ego.

As you might have already guessed, no, i will not vote for you.

Regards,
Damjan

(Now you all can spam me, with your "HTFU" posts. I don't care.)

Mornisil Elvedur
Calvin's K-Hole
#96 - 2015-02-24 11:47:27 UTC
Just so you know, Chance; I'll be voting for you. It's because of you that I'm flying around in WH space in a Nemesis these days.
Shuckstar
Blue Dreams Plus
#97 - 2015-02-25 17:11:32 UTC
Chance voted for you on all my accounts, didn't bother submitting anyone for my second, third choice ect. As i don't care if anyone else gets on the CSM. I was close to quitting the game for good after 11 years of playing but your video's and how you help the new bro's has made me get of my ass and do something different in EvE.

CCP Greyscale wrote:"OK, I've read every post up to page 200, and we're getting to a point in this thread where there's not a lot of new concerns or suggestions being brought up. There will be future threads (and future blogs) as we tune details, but for now I want to thank you for all of your constructive input, and wish you a good weekend :)"

Zed Zipper
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#98 - 2015-03-10 18:18:27 UTC
Good luck Mr Ravinne. All my hopes and votes are with you.

*waves hankie
Chance Ravinne
#99 - 2015-03-10 20:40:51 UTC
Thank you! I'm getting a little nervous now! You could call it IRL PVP shakes.

Niobe Song
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#100 - 2015-03-10 20:59:39 UTC
Voted for you with all 4 of my accounts! Your videos made me finally get into exploration after dabbling with it in the past. I may actually put my bomber to use after buying it 3 years ago but never using it. lol

Good luck!