These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

CSM Campaigns

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

"Give Your Voice A Chance!" WINGSPAN//Chance Ravinne for CSM X

Author
Bellak Hark
New Eden Media Organization
#61 - 2015-02-13 11:25:24 UTC
Here is your campaign ad. Let me know if I made any errors, good luck.
Daravor Kulinka
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#62 - 2015-02-13 14:59:28 UTC
This man inspired me to get into cov ops. An hero
Chance Ravinne
WiNGSPAN Delivery Services
WiNGSPAN Delivery Network
#63 - 2015-02-13 15:46:05 UTC
Valkin Mordirc wrote:
Chance Ravinne wrote:
The wardec system is unintuitve because it allows someone to bribe CONCORD to look the other way, but doesn't (for some reason) allow the defenders to counter bribe CONCORD to protect them. Because of this, wars can be extended indefinitely even if the defending group has a gigantic fiscal advantage.

Yes people can defend themselves, but they also have to humor troll wars that are declared by organizations with no intent of having a war against them in any military or financial sense. WINGSPAN could wardec 100 corps tomorrow then sit in w space, showing the pointlessness of this backward system.

I would agree that it has problems but you haven't answered my questions, although changing an entier wardec system is a big one to answer, I will admit but, I'll shorten it down.

Do you feel that Corp rolling should be allowed?

Do you feel that the Wardec systems harms NPE? If so, How do you propose you fix it?

Also,

You are a younger player, I consider myself one as well, we both have one thing in common. You've explored for your entire time in EVE, I've been in the Merc/Wardec business my entire time in EVE. I know next to nothing about Sov Space, Lowsec, Indy, Mining and the such. I assume that it is about that same way for you.

How do you feel competent enough to handled these topics as a CSM?

Corp rolling is a byproduct of wardec and corp mechanics. I don't believe disallowing it will fix anything, just cause people not to log on.

Most totally new players are in NPC corps, so I don't feel they are often the direct victims of wardecs.

I don't intend to stick my head into SOV any deeper than asking "does this make sense and is it worth the trouble compared to what we have. I would also challenge some older players to justify how they will provide meaningful feedback on new/non player experience.

You've just read another awesome post by Chance Ravinne, CEO of EVE's #1 torpedo delivery service. Watch our misadventures on my YouTube channel: WINGSPANTT

Bloody Slave
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#64 - 2015-02-13 16:43:27 UTC
Playing since 2006 here and I agree with your statements about NPE. We NEED new players, that is a fact. The thing that most Vets don't realize, yet, is that we WANT new players as much as CCP.

I'm voting and supporting you even if you only focus on NPE for the entire duration of the CSM.

If your balls are hurt and bleeding don't sit in a pool full of piranhas (note to myself: don't complain in GD)

Chance Ravinne
#65 - 2015-02-13 17:05:00 UTC
Worldshatter wrote:
While you clearly aren't what some would describe a "bittervet" I think that's a very good change from the traditional CSM layout. It's great to finally see a marketing guy step up to the mark and I'll certainly be considering you as my vote.

Just a few questions.

Considering that it has been deeply ingrained in people's minds that Eve is a "space sociopath spreadsheet simulator". How do you plan to go about dispelling the bad press that surrounds eve online?

Do you intend to push for more traditional television advertisements or focus primarily on an internet audience?

If you had to pick one thing to be emphasized more/at all in the tutorial what would it be and why?

and finally

Considering all those unclaimed PLEX's sitting in your account have you ever thought about making it space rain on unsuspecting newbros?

The cost/benefit ratio for TV will most likely be terrible. I'd instead advocate for paid sponsorship or establishes media personalities with loyal audiences of gamers. Additionally there exists a lot more room to solicit and share EVE content, perhaps with more contests or incentives to produce video. There also needs to be a hard look at the use of Eve's site and landing pages to better convert organic traffic and answer common questions about the game.

The tutorial should emphasize navigation and the market much more. I don't think new players understand who or what they're buying, EVER, and Eve's world so is so different than any other MMO it is very easy to get disoriented.

And no I don't give billions out to newbros, gotta save it for a blingfit battle Zephyr.

You've just read another awesome post by Chance Ravinne, CEO of EVE's #1 torpedo delivery service. Watch our misadventures on my YouTube channel: WINGSPANTT

Phoenix Jones
Small-Arms Fire
#66 - 2015-02-13 17:53:47 UTC
I have to admit, while some of my colleagues think you maybe running on the "I'm famous" platform, and you don't quite has the whole 10 years of bitter vet experience, your interview and enthusiasm swayed us.

I haven't heard a person with your type of enthusiasm in a while. It's not reckless excitement, you do have a focus. I think ccp and the community could use a person like you.

Good luck in the election.

Smile

Yaay!!!!

Sunrise Aigele
Pemberley Enterprises
#67 - 2015-02-13 19:58:04 UTC  |  Edited by: Sunrise Aigele
I love your enthusiasm. I love your emphasis on narrative, and on helping new players.

You remember the part of the "This is EVE" video where an Erebus appears and someone shouts out "oh my God that's a titan?" Have you ever seen the original video that produced those comms? I am unable to find it now, but the video shows a camera zoomed out far enough to show the entire POS that Brave Newbies is attacking. Below the POS is a tiny yellow box which eventually resolves into an Archon. While they're talking about their options (the Archon is destroying them) an Avatar appears above the POS. It is visible if you are looking for it. Nobody notices. Time passes. People keep talking. The line that made it into "This is EVE" isn't uttered until the titan fires its doomsday weapon across the entire height of the POS at the Archon, destroying it. It is impossible to miss that!

But is it not remarkable that one of the most impressive ships in the game, 14 kilometers long, can appear on grid with a small fleet that has never seen a titan before without anyone in that fleet noticing? Do you have any ideas to make EVE more cinematic?
Chance Ravinne
#68 - 2015-02-13 20:36:16 UTC
Sunrise Aigele wrote:
I love your enthusiasm. I love your emphasis on narrative, and on helping new players.

You remember the part of the "This is EVE" video where an Erebus appears and someone shouts out "oh my God that's a titan?" Have you ever seen the original video that produced those comms? I am unable to find it now, but the video shows a camera zoomed out far enough to show the entire POS that Brave Newbies is attacking. Below the POS is a tiny yellow box which eventually resolves into an Archon. While they're talking about their options (the Archon is destroying them) an Avatar appears above the POS. It is visible if you are looking for it. Nobody notices. Time passes. People keep talking. The line that made it into "This is EVE" isn't uttered until the titan fires its doomsday weapon across the entire height of the POS at the Archon, destroying it. It is impossible to miss that!

But is it not remarkable that one of the most impressive ships in the game, 14 kilometers long, can appear on grid with a small fleet that has never seen a titan before without anyone in that fleet noticing? Do you have any ideas to make EVE more cinematic?

This is a good point and I don't think it would take much to help make gameplay more immersive and cinematic. There should be, for instance some changes to the DEFAULT overview to make it more obvious who and what lands on grid without requiring the memorization of 250+ ship names.

I also think there could be a window, or a targeting UI default, that shows your currently selected or targeted item up close. A window in a window. That way while you can stay zoomed out for tactical awareness, this window will show you what your target looks like and what is generally happening to it. You essentially then are interacting with SHIPS and not BRACKETS AND CROSSES. This would be resource intensive potentially but all client side and optional.

Amanna Ibruin
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#69 - 2015-02-13 23:12:05 UTC  |  Edited by: Amanna Ibruin
I think CSM would greatly benefit to have you as a member as you can provide much needed, new player perspective.

My concern is, how would you balance making EVE more accessible to new players with maintaining its unique player base?
EVE has always been a place where tiger happy sociopaths, much like yourself, fell very much at home. What can be done to encourage high sec carebears and new players to venture into low/null/wh space without to much of a protective umbrella over them?
John Wolfsson
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#70 - 2015-02-13 23:42:53 UTC
hmm , I really dont know if you have enough experience and knowledge to run for CSM ..., but you certainly have enthusiasm and this game really needs someone who is not bitter about it , so you probably will have one of my votes
good luck
Chance Ravinne
#71 - 2015-02-14 07:10:31 UTC
Amanna Ibruin wrote:
I think CSM would greatly benefit to have you as a member as you can provide much needed, new player perspective.

My concern is, how would you balance making EVE more accessible to new players with maintaining its unique player base?
EVE has always been a place where tiger happy sociopaths, much like yourself, fell very much at home. What can be done to encourage high sec carebears and new players to venture into low/null/wh space without to much of a protective umbrella over them?

I don't know if it's strictly necessary to convince new players and/or carebears to leave hisec. Hisec has a unique environment that you can't find anywhere else. I think a healthier approach would be to ensure hisec is fun, so that people don't have a "need" to leave it. From there players should be given information and direction about the rewards... and risks... of other areas of space.

That said, I think the Prospect and the Sisters of Eve ships were great moves in the general direction of deep space encouragement. These cool, exploration-focused ships basically begged players to take them into spooky space, and I can tell you I've seen many of all of them floating around wormhole and nullsec systems. Creating more accessible, cheap ships with bonuses that aid in scanning, navigation, and cloaking all help the little guy get into and out of dangerous areas more reliably (with practice).

Sataric LaCroix
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#72 - 2015-02-14 12:38:17 UTC
This will be the very first message that I leave on these forums.

Dear Mister Chance - In real life, I am a young man struck with an unfortunate medical issue that cannot be cured or overcome, and throughout my life this has caused me a fair amount of grief and depression. Spending an awful lot of time alone at home in between of hospital visits, I was constantly bored with life, and I found it really hard to meet people and make friends.

So I browsed the inter-webs for a game of social nature. EVE online was mentioned frequently as not only a social game, but as a whole world separate to the real one we all live in where the players controlled their own fate. Intrigued by the idea of it all, but far from convinced that the EVE universe was all that it made itself out to be, I went onto YouTube to do further investigation. That's where you come in!

I quickly came across your videos and I thought they were hilarious. I watched every single one of them, even though I sometimes barely understood what was going on since my knowledge of the game was non-existent, and I was thoroughly amused. Seeing what crazy adventures you were able to have in the game and the interactions you had with other players (or customers!) was what convinced me to download the game and throw myself into it. This was about two months ago now.

I am still very much a newbie. I learn tons of new things every day. And I make a lot of mistakes. However, since I started playing the game, I feel an awful lot less bored with my life. I met great people to talk to, and I feel like the whole experiences has greatly affected my mood in a positive way. For the first time in many years, I got really "into" something. For that, I will be eternally grateful.

I will never be healthy. Nor will I ever have a "normal" life. But at least, thanks to you, I have a chance to be happy.
You have my vote, and the first kill I get in my Purifier that I just purchased a few days ago will be dedicated in your honor.
Chance Ravinne
#73 - 2015-02-14 15:15:39 UTC
Hey Sataric, I really don't know what to say... I will work as hard as possible to live up to your expectations and fight for this community, whether it is on the CSM or through my stupid videos!

Sataric LaCroix wrote:
This will be the very first message that I leave on these forums.

Dear Mister Chance - In real life, I am a young man struck with an unfortunate medical issue that cannot be cured or overcome, and throughout my life this has caused me a fair amount of grief and depression. Spending an awful lot of time alone at home in between of hospital visits, I was constantly bored with life, and I found it really hard to meet people and make friends.

So I browsed the inter-webs for a game of social nature. EVE online was mentioned frequently as not only a social game, but as a whole world separate to the real one we all live in where the players controlled their own fate. Intrigued by the idea of it all, but far from convinced that the EVE universe was all that it made itself out to be, I went onto YouTube to do further investigation. That's where you come in!

I quickly came across your videos and I thought they were hilarious. I watched every single one of them, even though I sometimes barely understood what was going on since my knowledge of the game was non-existent, and I was thoroughly amused. Seeing what crazy adventures you were able to have in the game and the interactions you had with other players (or customers!) was what convinced me to download the game and throw myself into it. This was about two months ago now.

I am still very much a newbie. I learn tons of new things every day. And I make a lot of mistakes. However, since I started playing the game, I feel an awful lot less bored with my life. I met great people to talk to, and I feel like the whole experiences has greatly affected my mood in a positive way. For the first time in many years, I got really "into" something. For that, I will be eternally grateful.

I will never be healthy. Nor will I ever have a "normal" life. But at least, thanks to you, I have a chance to be happy.
You have my vote, and the first kill I get in my Purifier that I just purchased a few days ago will be dedicated in your honor.

Thanatos Marathon
Moira.
#74 - 2015-02-14 18:15:10 UTC
How many hours per week do you plan on committing to the CSM if elected for the next year?
Chance Ravinne
#75 - 2015-02-15 19:23:39 UTC
Thanatos Marathon wrote:
How many hours per week do you plan on committing to the CSM if elected for the next year?

As many as it takes. Though I also understand Leelo is rewriting the white paper to more specifically outline responsibilities/roles so perhaps it will drastically change what CCP is looking for from CSM this year.

Axloth Okiah
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#76 - 2015-02-15 22:50:11 UTC
Hey, since you are kinda exploration focused and have some WH experience, I wanted to ask you couple things:
- Do you consider yourself a "wormhole candidate"?
- What are your views on the current state of wh pve, with lower-classes on one side and c5/6 capital escalations on the other?
- Whats the best way to get more people living and flying in wormholes? What are the biggest hurdles atm?
- Any thoughts on T3 rebalance?
The Fugitivus
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#77 - 2015-02-16 04:50:21 UTC
Definitely have my vote, Chance. I believe that you'd make a great CSM and I wish you all the luck.
Valkin Mordirc
#78 - 2015-02-16 06:50:28 UTC
Chance Ravinne wrote:

I don't intend to stick my head into SOV any deeper than asking "does this make sense and is it worth the trouble compared to what we have. I would also challenge some older players to justify how they will provide meaningful feedback on new/non player experience.

Then wouldn't a candidate who's been around longer, who's had time to experience EVE at all it's edges be a more acceptable candidate for CSMX? You don't want to stick your head in SOV then a person who understand SOV and Exploration would be a better choice.

An experienced EVE player will always be a better choice when it comes to things like this, because they have a better idea of the Balance that it is. NPE, High to Null and W-space. I personally do not want a FOTM Candidate that only wants to be CSM because he see a problem with a small facet of his time in EVE. When a player who has had time to look at EVE in a grander picture can see the large problems far better.

I understand that you like the game. But I do not think you should be voted into CSM due to this reason. Sorry, But good luck.
#DeleteTheWeak
Chance Ravinne
#79 - 2015-02-16 18:04:35 UTC
Axloth Okiah wrote:
Hey, since you are kinda exploration focused and have some WH experience, I wanted to ask you couple things:
- Do you consider yourself a "wormhole candidate"?
- What are your views on the current state of wh pve, with lower-classes on one side and c5/6 capital escalations on the other?
- Whats the best way to get more people living and flying in wormholes? What are the biggest hurdles atm?
- Any thoughts on T3 rebalance?

I personally consider myself a wormhole candidate even if others consider me a daytripper. I will not pretend to know everything about w space, but I do intend to listen to the wormhole community very closely if elected since the health of w space is something near and dear to my cold black heart.

I don't see there being a problem with the disparity of operations and rewards in different types of systems. Although perhaps I'm misunderstanding your question?

The best way to get more people in w space is more active recruitment and propaganda by w space corps and alliances. There is also the larger problem of getting more EVE players to force the existing ones into more remote and risky space. I've also heard, but haven't personally seen, w space farmers moving to incursions for a variety of reasons, but it's another piece of evidence that risk/reward should be properly balanced.

Regarding T3s, do you mean balance between the T3s, or balance with T3s versus other ships?

Axloth Okiah
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#80 - 2015-02-16 18:47:37 UTC
If you are seeking wormholers' vote you should go and talk to us more, have a chat with corbexx (the incumbent WH CSM rep), get on WH podcasts, talk to some WH groups, get the feel of the community, give them chance to be wooed by your enthusiasm.

^Those three things I asked are what we all care about very deeply. For example T3s are the backbone of our fleets and they will very likely be getting a rebalance pass during your potential CSM term, so you should have some idea what that should look like (ie. versus other ships, roles, etc.).