These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE New Citizens Q&A

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Operation Magic School Bus

First post First post
Author
Mike Azariah
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#61 - 2015-12-25 04:14:59 UTC
I have done a couple of very laggy stops in caldari and amarr space in the last two days. But now my new computer has arrived. Expect to see a lot more of me as I once again hit my stride (after Christmas day, of course)

m

Mike Azariah  ┬──┬ ¯|(ツ)

Mike Azariah
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#62 - 2016-01-08 01:43:30 UTC
Back in a new rig and making the stops once more. Systems seem to be a bit more extreme where nobody answers or I get a nice chatty little crowd.

Folks, keep an eye on local and or the rookie help chat. If you see me online ask where I am headed or if the Bus is running at that time.

free ships is free ships, eh?

m

Mike Azariah  ┬──┬ ¯|(ツ)

Mike Azariah
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#63 - 2016-01-18 22:37:52 UTC
Ulterior Motives

Yeah, I do a blog and write things, sometimes even about the Bus

m

Mike Azariah  ┬──┬ ¯|(ツ)

Darth Terona
Horde Vanguard.
Pandemic Horde
#64 - 2016-01-19 03:59:15 UTC
Awesome
Mike Azariah
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#65 - 2016-01-28 05:51:34 UTC
Gallente run was today, mix of response from the different career systems.

Tomorrow in Minmatar, probably around 1700 eve time unless I wind up in the mass test, y'all do know about Sisi and mass testing, right?

m

Mike Azariah  ┬──┬ ¯|(ツ)

Mike Azariah
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#66 - 2016-02-22 04:21:12 UTC
This week the Bus route will start in Jita. Watch Local as there is an extra surprise for politeness in local.

m

Mike Azariah  ┬──┬ ¯|(ツ)

Mike Azariah
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#67 - 2016-03-04 18:15:20 UTC
Another good week.

I am still surprised at the people who do not bother saying thank you when handed a free fitted ship. But over all? Met some nice folks and had some good chats.

Wave if you see me passing by. If you are over the 30 day mark I might have a bpc for you . . .

m

Mike Azariah  ┬──┬ ¯|(ツ)

Tweek Etimua
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#68 - 2016-03-13 07:38:01 UTC
Heard about this from your pod cast. It inspired me to make my self available as a tutorial/basics instructor.
I'll be passing your name around.
Mike Azariah
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#69 - 2016-03-23 19:45:24 UTC
Tweek Etimua wrote:
Heard about this from your pod cast. It inspired me to make my self available as a tutorial/basics instructor.
I'll be passing your name around.

paying it forward is always a good thing

m

Mike Azariah  ┬──┬ ¯|(ツ)

Kirijaden Dion
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#70 - 2016-03-25 21:50:37 UTC
Thanks for the Ship, i hope you keep that up :)
Flying Squidwolf
Indigo Media
#71 - 2016-03-29 18:26:31 UTC
Mike Azariah wrote:
If you are in the career systems keep an eye on local. I drop in, now and again, and hand out free fitted frigates appropriate to the location.

This initiative is sponsored by older players who have donate isk and materials to give the new players a hand up.

Later we will be Bringing FC's in to offer sponsored fleets to low and null in ships provided by us. No risk and a chance of adventure.

If you want to know more there is a mailing list

Click on mail, bottom left hasd 'join mailing list' click that then enter in

Operation Magic School Bus

easy as pi

m

I see this chap in our local a lot, he's an upstanding citizen of New Eden.
Donsa
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#72 - 2016-04-03 23:49:15 UTC
Thanks Mike!

Great event -- I hope one of these days I'll be able to donate!
Mike Azariah
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#73 - 2016-04-04 01:05:39 UTC
This months theme for the Mailing list is WAR

I am sending out reports from the front, connections to join main newbie friendly groups and notices of npsi roams that may or may not be part of the war. Probably later this week we might have some special ships as part of the normal stops.

Watch Local, folks. I do get around

m

Mike Azariah  ┬──┬ ¯|(ツ)

Tian Zhang
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#74 - 2016-04-04 16:18:32 UTC
Very helpful, I caught the bus at Tross today!
Brotil Skir
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#75 - 2016-04-05 16:21:42 UTC
At first I was Shocked that there was this guy handing out free ships and implants because he just screamed Pirate. But docking doesn't hurt so I gave it a try and I was like ShockedSmileWhat?BlinkCool. Magic School bus works and when I'm in a position to help I will. Thanks for the hook up Mike.
Mike Azariah
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#76 - 2016-04-05 16:45:31 UTC
Brotil Skir wrote:
At first I was Shocked that there was this guy handing out free ships and implants because he just screamed Pirate. But docking doesn't hurt so I gave it a try and I was like ShockedSmileWhat?BlinkCool. Magic School bus works and when I'm in a position to help I will. Thanks for the hook up Mike.

Understand that if I am on a roam in low or null I WILL shoot. It happens. (not often enough)

But if I am on a Bus run? safest guy around.

m

Mike Azariah  ┬──┬ ¯|(ツ)

Allyanya Nardieu
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#77 - 2016-04-07 16:32:30 UTC
Thanks Mike! You're awesome!
Jon Divisadero
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#78 - 2016-04-08 16:50:33 UTC
Mike, thanks again for the ship and mods. It'll be a big help continuing with exploration and getting to know my way around the systems! You're a great guy, even if you have a 15Bil ISK bounty on your head, lol.
Lexington Braddock
Signal Cartel
EvE-Scout Enclave
#79 - 2016-04-08 17:31:54 UTC
Can I ride your Magic Bus? Yes! Thanks Mike for the outfitted explorer (w/ Sisters probes to boot!) that the Magic Bus so graciously gave me in Clelinon today! You also give good advice on Rookie Chat, and since I recognized you from there, I knew your MB was legit. So funny to see community-minded folks in this game make the trolls & bitter lemons in local or on forum drop their jaws when someone does something altruistic. Great service!

For all the reputation Eve gets for having bloodthirsty conniving scammers lurking everywhere, I have to say I've been fortunate to run into a couple people such as yourself who are happy to help or donate. Another player once donated ship replacement cost after destroying me because I got my capsule warped out in time. It's random gestures like these that make Eve a better game, and make me want to play more. Considering that lost ships don't magically respawn in your hangar, and that this is easily the most complex game I've played, Magic Bus is like finding a twenty on the sidewalk, cheers!

And to people saying "aww,don't spoil the noobs, they'll never learn true pain", I'll just say that the fact your stuff doesn't come back after you lose it is an adjustment. Even coming from a grief-fest like GTA online, this game's a mega wiley beast with which to get acclimated. Every little bit of help and hope is much appreciated, and I'm sure I speak for other rookies too.

Cheers and o7
Nihilum Rex
Doomheim
#80 - 2016-05-05 16:25:50 UTC
Mike, you are awesome thank you for the ship. Really made it a great first few days!!!!