These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Technology Lab

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

EVE-O preview - multi-client preview / switcher - v1.18.3

First post First post
Author
Makari Aeron
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#41 - 2014-12-29 05:22:08 UTC  |  Edited by: Makari Aeron
Version 1.18.2 has been released. It fixes the overlay text disppearing once the preview has been focused. The Win10 bug is still open as I do not possess a copy of Windows 10. After the holidays and I get myself an apartment I'll look into getting a copy of Win10 running on my old desktop and see if I can pin down the error there. My advice for the time being is to stick to fully released Operating Systems in case there is some "unintended feature" in the current Win10 beta code.

V1.18.2

CCP RedDawn: Ugly people are just playing life on HARD mode. Personally, I'm playing on an INFERNO difficulty.

CCP Goliath: I often believe that the best way to get something done is to shout at the person trying to help you. http://goo.gl/PKGDP

Altrue
Exploration Frontier inc
Tactical-Retreat
#42 - 2014-12-29 12:56:37 UTC  |  Edited by: Altrue
I really like the track client location option!

However, if you don't have monitors of the exact same size, it won't work, because it will successfully move the client, without altering the resolution. The window is then squeezed to fit inside the smaller screen, which is of course ugly (and hard to fix, because the actual cursor position won't match the mouse on screen).

So.. Genious idea, but at the moment it is useless to me :)

Edit: Also, still have this issue where switching too quickly, or switching to an EVE client by clicking the preview, while having a non-eve client focused... Successfully switches, but then one or more of the preview cease to be displayed, with only the preview name remaining without an actual preview below it.

Signature Tanking Best Tanking

[Ex-F] CEO - Eve-guides.fr

Ultimate Citadel Guide - 2016 EVE Career Chart

Makari Aeron
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#43 - 2014-12-29 15:55:36 UTC
Window movement: that is Windows, not us. The way around that problem is to use either multiple client installs or symlinks so you can have multiple client sizes. Though I see your point. I'll see if we can save client sizes as well.

Switching too quickly: when did this start? What version are you using? I recently made the overlay text always on top. I tested it for about an hour and didn't have any problems. Also, what OS are you using?

CCP RedDawn: Ugly people are just playing life on HARD mode. Personally, I'm playing on an INFERNO difficulty.

CCP Goliath: I often believe that the best way to get something done is to shout at the person trying to help you. http://goo.gl/PKGDP

Theron Estemaire
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#44 - 2015-01-02 08:38:28 UTC
Hello, apologies for the likely silly question, but do I need to be running the Eve clients in windowed mode for this to work? Works fine if in windowed mode, but in full screen the preview windows don't show up.

Thanks
Makari Aeron
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#45 - 2015-01-02 21:23:36 UTC
Yes, the clients must be in windowed mode.

EclipseWay
whips chains and ballgags
Solyaris Chtonium
#46 - 2015-01-02 23:27:12 UTC  |  Edited by: EclipseWay
i like this program but its having problems for me . When ever i click the box of a char this message pops"Unhandled exception has occured in your application.if you click continue.the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue.If you click quit,the application will close immediately.Access to path 'C://Windows/system32/layout.xml is denied.
Makari Aeron
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#47 - 2015-01-03 04:40:09 UTC
EclipleWay: for some reason your computer is trying to put the layout file in System32. Where did you place the program after you extracted it? Have you tried running the program as Administrator?

Theron Estemaire
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#48 - 2015-01-03 05:44:28 UTC
Makari Aeron wrote:
Yes, the clients must be in windowed mode.

Thanks Smile
EclipseWay
whips chains and ballgags
Solyaris Chtonium
#49 - 2015-01-03 11:02:14 UTC  |  Edited by: EclipseWay
Its in the download folder. also i didnt extract the file. Also where am i supposed to extract the folder to?
Makari Aeron
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#50 - 2015-01-03 19:19:04 UTC  |  Edited by: Makari Aeron
You can extract the file to anywhere you wish. The location of the EXE file does not matter. Though, preferably a file where the program can write to the layout XMLs. Personally, I have mine in my CCP folder D:\Games\CCP. If you're running the program from inside your Programs Folder or Programs Folder (x86) be sure to run it as admin as Win7 and Win8/8.1 don't always like programs writing to Program Files.

Makari Aeron wrote:

• How To Install & Use:
  • 1. Download and extract the contents of the .zip archive to a location of your choice
    2. Start up both EVE-O Preview and your EVE Clients (the order does not matter)
    3. Adjust settings as you see fit

Phoenix Jones
    Small-Arms Fire
    #51 - 2015-01-04 18:59:02 UTC
    Good updates on this. Dragging window sizes are remembered.

Yaay!!!!

Makari Aeron
    Imperial Shipment
    Amarr Empire
    #52 - 2015-01-09 15:13:57 UTC  |  Edited by: Makari Aeron
    Nothing too terribly new in this update. Just a bug fix.

Direct Download

• What's New -- Version 1.18.3
  • Fixed the overlay text persisting after a client was closed (....again)

Unless some unforeseen bug (re)appears, this will be the last update from me for a bit. Since I accepted a full-time position I must go look at apartments (been at my parents far too long for everyone's liking) and sadly that must take precedence. Hopefully by the end of the month I'll have time to dive back into the code for improvements and new features along side StinkRay.

EDIT: This would include finally getting a chance to check out Takagamu's fork which I have been meaning to look at for over a month when we had the repository switcheroo https://github.com/EnterTheMaelstrom/eve-o-preview

Merida DunBrogh
    Black Screen Of Raging Defeat
    #53 - 2015-01-11 13:34:09 UTC
    Interesting thing happened, the previews work fine when completely logged in, but trying to use them while in the character select screen makes all the screens overlap. Which for me using it the first time was the place I was trying to get everything set up before actually heading into the game.

Hope that will help anyone that might run into that problem.

Forlorn Wongraven
    Habitual Euthanasia
    Pandemic Legion
    #54 - 2015-01-11 14:10:02 UTC
    Very nice tool, helped me to stay sane in a 6h move ops with 4 capital accounts.

Winner ATXI , 3rd place ATXII, winner ATXIII, 2nd ATXIV - follow me on twitter: @ForlornW

CCP FoxFour
    C C P
    C C P Alliance
    #55 - 2015-01-11 14:58:55 UTC
    Merida DunBrogh wrote:
    Interesting thing happened, the previews work fine when completely logged in, but trying to use them while in the character select screen makes all the screens overlap. Which for me using it the first time was the place I was trying to get everything set up before actually heading into the game.

Yea, unfortunately the application reads the title of the window to know which to put where. Since at the character selection screen they are all called EVE, they get the same setting. You will need to be logged in before setting it up. Or, if really adventures, you can manually edit the layout file.

@CCP_FoxFour // Technical Designer // Team Tech Co

Third-party developer? Check out the official developers site for dev blogs, resources, and more.

Makari Aeron
    Imperial Shipment
    Amarr Empire
    #56 - 2015-01-11 20:33:47 UTC
    CCP FoxFour wrote:
    Merida DunBrogh wrote:

Yea, unfortunately the application reads the title of the window to know which to put where. Since at the character selection screen they are all called EVE, they get the same setting. You will need to be logged in before setting it up. Or, if really adventures, you can manually edit the layout file.

FoxFour is correct. I'm not sure there's a "better" way to do this and keep the simplicity of the program. But if anyone has ideas, I'm all ears.

Leonis Perthshire
    Dreddit
    Test Alliance Please Ignore
    #57 - 2015-01-13 14:02:45 UTC
    Am using it fine whit two character and it wonder land for, :D

“If you win, you live. If you lose, you die. If you don’t fight, you can’t win!” – Eren Jaeger

White Maul

Aiphona
    Alien Mindbenders
    #58 - 2015-01-15 23:03:09 UTC
    Thanks guys for this awesome tool!

I hope you will keep up the good work!

Castelo Selva
    Forcas armadas
    Brave Collective
    #59 - 2015-01-16 10:56:03 UTC  |  Edited by: Castelo Selva
    Hi Makari Aeron,

Unfortunately, for some unknown reason (at least for me), even after update to net 4.52 I am still getting the same error as ultimatefox02. I am still using version 1.3 without problem, but I would like to upgrade to 1.8.

And a big thank you for your time and efforts.

Castelo

ultimatefox02 wrote:
    i dont know if is me, but i can not open the V1.18

Signature du problème :
    Nom d’événement de problème: CLR20r3
    Signature du problème 01: eve-o preview.exe
    Signature du problème 02: 1.0.0.0
    Signature du problème 03: 54949a5b
    Signature du problème 04: System.Configuration
    Signature du problème 05: 4.0.30319.34209
    Signature du problème 06: 53489a64
    Signature du problème 07: 27c
    Signature du problème 08: 1c
    Signature du problème 09: IOIBMURHYNRXKW0ZXKYRVFN0BOYYUFOW
    Version du système: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
    Identificateur de paramètres régionaux: 3084
    Information supplémentaire n° 1: ce2a
    Information supplémentaire n° 2: ce2a410515165176b64ce0b3a8563984
    Information supplémentaire n° 3: e1fd
    Information supplémentaire n° 4: e1fda9c8d81696559c983fbe940a1df2

Lire notre déclaration de confidentialité en ligne :
    http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x040c

Si la déclaration de confidentialité en ligne n’est pas disponible, lisez la version hors connexion :
    C:\Windows\system32\fr-FR\erofflps.txt

and tank you for your job ,It is a good program I use it since v1.13 thanks

the v1.17 work good
    Makari Aeron
    Imperial Shipment
    Amarr Empire
    #60 - 2015-01-16 12:30:51 UTC
    here are some solutions that I found while googling for "CLR20r3"

--Try running as Administrator.
    --Do you happen to have Win7 Media Center installed? Try repairing or uninstalling/reinstalling it.
    --Try repairing your .NET framework.
    --Remove .NET 2.0 and have windows reinstall it