These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Technology Lab

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

EVE-O preview - multi-client preview / switcher - v1.18.3

First post First post
Author
Sir Crom
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#61 - 2015-01-21 04:55:15 UTC
I just stumbled onto this program looking for anything I haven't tried to help multiboxing. This program is very nice for handling multiple accounts.

I do ask, if not too much of a problem, to add the capability of adding not just EVE clients to the window list but Browsers, EFT, EVEMon among others.

And the previous request for hotkey assignment to the windows would be very nice, I second the motion....

You all keep up the great work. It is appreciated very much.
Phoenix Jones
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#62 - 2015-01-21 23:40:36 UTC
Odd and completely random question. Will this work with Windows 10? Reason I'm asking is that half the planet may upgrade to it this year when its released, and wondering if this will work with it.

Yaay!!!!

Leonis Perthshire
Unholy Knights of Cthulhu
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#63 - 2015-01-22 02:29:40 UTC
Any update lately?

“If you win, you live. If you lose, you die. If you don’t fight, you can’t win!” – Eren Jaeger

White Maul

Makari Aeron
Winnie Blues and VB Crew
Unchained Alliance
#64 - 2015-01-22 12:02:00 UTC
Not since 1.18.3. I'm in the process of moving into an apartment and adjusting to my new full-time position so anything I was working on has been put on hold until after the first weekend in February. I don't know StinkRay's plans.

CCP RedDawn: Ugly people are just playing life on HARD mode. Personally, I'm playing on an INFERNO difficulty.

CCP Goliath: I often believe that the best way to get something done is to shout at the person trying to help you. http://goo.gl/PKGDP

CCP FoxFour
C C P
C C P Alliance
#65 - 2015-01-22 12:23:46 UTC
Phoenix Jones wrote:
Odd and completely random question. Will this work with Windows 10? Reason I'm asking is that half the planet may upgrade to it this year when its released, and wondering if this will work with it.


I run it on Win10 at home. I have yet to update my home install to the newest version, but I don't think anything has changed that would cause it to not work.

@CCP_FoxFour // Technical Designer // Team Tech Co

Third-party developer? Check out the official developers site for dev blogs, resources, and more.

Phoenix Jones
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#66 - 2015-01-22 13:37:59 UTC
CCP FoxFour wrote:
Phoenix Jones wrote:
Odd and completely random question. Will this work with Windows 10? Reason I'm asking is that half the planet may upgrade to it this year when its released, and wondering if this will work with it.


I run it on Win10 at home. I have yet to update my home install to the newest version, but I don't think anything has changed that would cause it to not work.


Great. Microsofts offering it as a free upgrade to windows 7, and wanted to know if my new favorite program would work with it. Ty for the great work fellas.

Yaay!!!!

Leonis Perthshire
Unholy Knights of Cthulhu
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#67 - 2015-01-22 14:20:47 UTC
Phoenix Jones wrote:
CCP FoxFour wrote:
Phoenix Jones wrote:
Odd and completely random question. Will this work with Windows 10? Reason I'm asking is that half the planet may upgrade to it this year when its released, and wondering if this will work with it.


I run it on Win10 at home. I have yet to update my home install to the newest version, but I don't think anything has changed that would cause it to not work.


Great. Microsofts offering it as a free upgrade to windows 7, and wanted to know if my new favorite program would work with it. Ty for the great work fellas.



Why not?

“If you win, you live. If you lose, you die. If you don’t fight, you can’t win!” – Eren Jaeger

White Maul

Phoenix Jones
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#68 - 2015-01-22 14:23:13 UTC
Maybe I understand the program wrong, but thought it used AERO to display the other screens. Wasn't sure if windows 10 would include it (think they switched to metro or something).

I could be completely and totally wrong though. It did warrant the question as Microsoft tends to break everything every new OS release, and this would be considered a non-microsoft app.

Yaay!!!!

Makari Aeron
Winnie Blues and VB Crew
Unchained Alliance
#69 - 2015-01-22 15:55:23 UTC
Well, it runs using C# and Window's DLLs. In theory it should work, I simply haven't had the time to install Win10 on my old desktop. In a few weeks when I move into my new apartment I'll install the OS and verify if this program works with the Win10 beta. Until then, I'd need confirmation via screenshots to mark it as "compatible".

CCP RedDawn: Ugly people are just playing life on HARD mode. Personally, I'm playing on an INFERNO difficulty.

CCP Goliath: I often believe that the best way to get something done is to shout at the person trying to help you. http://goo.gl/PKGDP

Minas93
Salt Miners
#70 - 2015-01-26 14:40:12 UTC  |  Edited by: Minas93
Do you know why the preview is all white?

(Like this: http://clip2net.com/s/3bcl0Y2 )

http://eve.battleclinic.com/killboard/combat_record.php?type=player&name=Minas93

Makari Aeron
Winnie Blues and VB Crew
Unchained Alliance
#71 - 2015-01-26 14:47:29 UTC
I have never seen that before.

What OS are you using?
What were you doing before it turned white?
Have you tried running the program as Administrator? (Right-click-->Run As Adminstrator OR change it in the EXE's settings)

CCP RedDawn: Ugly people are just playing life on HARD mode. Personally, I'm playing on an INFERNO difficulty.

CCP Goliath: I often believe that the best way to get something done is to shout at the person trying to help you. http://goo.gl/PKGDP

Minas93
Salt Miners
#72 - 2015-01-26 14:50:50 UTC
Using Windows 7
Was always like that

http://eve.battleclinic.com/killboard/combat_record.php?type=player&name=Minas93

Makari Aeron
Winnie Blues and VB Crew
Unchained Alliance
#73 - 2015-01-26 15:00:12 UTC  |  Edited by: Makari Aeron
--Is your EVE client in Windowed or Fullscreen? Ths program does not function correctly if the client is in fullscreen.
--Is Windows AERO enabled? The bottom of the EVE-O Preview settings window should look like this if it is enabled: http://i.imgur.com/Gs2PusX.png . This program cannot function without AERO being enabled.

EDIT: Ok, so from what I can gather so far

1. Start up EVE and the Preview, screen is white
2. using WIndows 7


I'm pretty sure the problem here is that AERO is disabled. I don't see any transparency in that screenshot

CCP RedDawn: Ugly people are just playing life on HARD mode. Personally, I'm playing on an INFERNO difficulty.

CCP Goliath: I often believe that the best way to get something done is to shout at the person trying to help you. http://goo.gl/PKGDP

Phoenix Jones
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#74 - 2015-01-26 15:53:51 UTC
It looks like the resolution is set to 0/0. That or you have a multi desktop program running in the background (only thing I can think of that would mess with aero.

Might be widgets also (start disabling programs and rerunning it).

Oh it might be one other issue. From the taskbar, right kick one of the eve boxes, click "maximize". If that doesn't work, go to the task menu (Ctrl alt delete), find each eve instance, right click, bring to front.

Ran into a issue where the eve game looked extremely squished in the window. That might fix it.

Yaay!!!!

Makari Aeron
Winnie Blues and VB Crew
Unchained Alliance
#75 - 2015-01-26 15:58:34 UTC
I have read that some Stardock programs mess with Windows Aero. If you have any Stardock UI programs you might want to try disabling them.

CCP RedDawn: Ugly people are just playing life on HARD mode. Personally, I'm playing on an INFERNO difficulty.

CCP Goliath: I often believe that the best way to get something done is to shout at the person trying to help you. http://goo.gl/PKGDP

Dirk MacGirk
STK Scientific
The Initiative.
#76 - 2015-01-27 05:25:54 UTC
This is outstanding. It should be used as an exhibit of what Windows Management for EVE truly is.
GeeShizzle MacCloud
#77 - 2015-01-28 09:53:19 UTC
Awesome program! very customisable! and a great help in dealing with multiple clients!

One possible feature request though, would be great if there was some auto stacking feature for client previews horizontally or vertically. either that or some kind of nudging feature so i dont spend 20+ frustrating minutes removing the 1 pixel gap between my borderless previews!

:) not that im anal or anything!
Rotineque Severasse
UK Corp
Goonswarm Federation
#78 - 2015-01-28 12:02:16 UTC
Seems Windows 10 is now working as intended when using Build 9926!
Makari Aeron
Winnie Blues and VB Crew
Unchained Alliance
#79 - 2015-01-28 12:07:13 UTC
GeeShizzle MacCloud wrote:
Awesome program! very customisable! and a great help in dealing with multiple clients!

One possible feature request though, would be great if there was some auto stacking feature for client previews horizontally or vertically. either that or some kind of nudging feature so i dont spend 20+ frustrating minutes removing the 1 pixel gap between my borderless previews!

:) not that im anal or anything!


I've been thinking about that for a while. Another way might be to include a togglable "move" checkbox for the borderless so that you can reposition them without having to switch to windowed and become frustrated with having to adjust blindly.


Rotineque Severasse wrote:
Seems Windows 10 is now working as intended when using Build 9926!


Awesome. I'll mark it as possibly resolved. Hopefully in 2 weeks or so I'll get to run some of my own tests on Win10 to make sure everything is 100%.

CCP RedDawn: Ugly people are just playing life on HARD mode. Personally, I'm playing on an INFERNO difficulty.

CCP Goliath: I often believe that the best way to get something done is to shout at the person trying to help you. http://goo.gl/PKGDP

Rotineque Severasse
UK Corp
Goonswarm Federation
#80 - 2015-01-28 16:30:50 UTC
Makari Aeron wrote:


Rotineque Severasse wrote:
Seems Windows 10 is now working as intended when using Build 9926!


Awesome. I'll mark it as possibly resolved. Hopefully in 2 weeks or so I'll get to run some of my own tests on Win10 to make sure everything is 100%.

There is one thing, I'm not to sure if it applies to just Windows 10.

If I switch using EVE-O it remembers the size of the window, however if I minimize the window and bring it up using eve-o its not remembering the window size.