These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Dev Blog: Long-Distance Travel Changes Inbound

First post First post First post
Author
MeBiatch
GRR GOONS
#5841 - 2014-10-03 18:35:32 UTC
Big smile
Zhul Chembull wrote:
MeBiatch wrote:
Zhul Chembull wrote:
For combat do what you will. For logistics lets think it through a bit better.

I predict the bigger null sec alliances will move close to high sec like goons will move to ec-par in cloud ring and base out of there and then leave the deep space so small fish like me

We are in agreement here. Instead of a blue donut it will be a ring of fire.

just like after a night of tex mex and tequila Big smile

There are no stupid Questions... just stupid people... CCP Goliath wrote:

Ugh ti-di pooping makes me sad.

Lord TGR
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#5842 - 2014-10-03 18:36:24 UTC
Karl Jerr wrote:
Moisturised Esophagus wrote:
90% of the people posting in favour of these changes are noob alts and hi/low sec dwellers.

Food for thought.

90% is tired of pseudo politics of status quo and renting culture. Nullsec is a pioneer area not a McMansion.

90% of Moisturised Esophagus' statistics is made up.

Food for thought.
flakeys
Doomheim
#5843 - 2014-10-03 18:36:41 UTC
Kismeteer wrote:
Yuri Thorpe wrote:
How dank does one have to be to join goons anyway? :D I might be looking for a new corp

Contact me for a recruiting opportunity. Might be your only choice once we close up null sec to small groups.

Yes , because it was SO opened up to them up untill now .... Roll

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid.

Kassasis Dakkstromri
State War Academy
Caldari State
#5844 - 2014-10-03 18:37:34 UTC
smokeydapot wrote:
Kassasis Dakkstromri wrote:
So you know we're nearing 300 pages (inching ever so closer.... hold out inbeforelock just a little bit longerrrrr.....)

And I've only seen 1 CSM post... some sack hanger that clearly doesn't understand the reality of what's happening, and how the CSM he is part of totally got thrown under the bus to cover for this trainwreck.

Soooo... I'm thinkin' the rest of the CSM is like 'meh.. @#$! it' and is boycotting this thread?

Thoughts??

Oh btw if CCP doesn't loose subbs to rage quits because of this, then it might be a drop in US subbs due to Ebola (scary face) - Washington DC just reporting possible Ebola patient being admitted that traveled to Nigeria.

Just sayin'.

If we get to page 300 we all win free titans for life.

GOGOGOGO

The real ones or the nerfed ones? Cause if you're gonna give me a nerfed one I'll just reprocess it...

Or hey BPO would be nice so then I can at leat to a VIEW and imagine flying a real one!!

CCP you are bad at EVE... Stop potential silliness ~ Solo Wulf

Obsidian Hawk
RONA Midgard Academy
#5845 - 2014-10-03 18:37:38 UTC
Karl Jerr wrote:
90% of the people posting in favour of these changes are noob alts and hi/low sec dwellers.

Food for thought.

90% is tired of pseudo politics of status quo and renting culture. Nullsec is a pioneer area not a McMansion.

Actually most of the people who are supporting this are the bitter vets who missed the days when everyone worked together to accomplish a goal.

Like doing a freighter op to 0.0 30 mins before down time and finishing it up right after dt.

Why Can't I have a picture signature.

Also please support graphical immersion, bring back the art that brought people to EvE online originaly.

Lord Road
People's Democratic Republic of Gatecamping
Muh Zkill...
#5846 - 2014-10-03 18:38:27 UTC
Bagrat Skalski wrote:
Null sec will burn eventually, if not for the first few changes to it, then later, If you do not like it that way, move out of it now, sell your ratting carriers and go to High sec, grinding missions like a carebear you are. Bear

with a killboard as yours there's no doubt you can only think in measures of ratting. No mate, it's not the ratters that complain about jump drive castration, but it's the pilots who won't be able to get to a fight. But somehow I doubt you understand why someone would want to get TO a fight instead of running from it.
Veskrashen
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#5847 - 2014-10-03 18:38:30 UTC
Zhul Chembull wrote:

Logistics enables combat. And as has been stated several times already, JFs will be used to circumvent the speed caps that CCP has in mind if you extend their range. Which combat pilots will abuse with impunity.

Not to mention that you "logistics" Rorquals make very effective combat platforms on their own.

Make logistics hard. It's the only way to shrink sprawling empires that don't have the organizational skill to overcome the challenges. Null became stagnant on the back of easy logistics - breaking that backbone is part of the drive to breathe new life into nullsec.

We Gallente have a saying: "CCP created the Gallente Militia to train the Fighters..."

Alp Khan
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#5848 - 2014-10-03 18:39:08 UTC
Veskrashen wrote:
Nazri al Mahdi wrote:
Ban JF from hauling ships and there's no need to kill the eve economy by nerfing the trade ships into oblivion.

It's not the ship the JF is hauling, it's the pilot.

Hello! Let me tell you about interdiction nullified, insta warp interceptors, friend!
Arsine Mayhem
Doomheim
#5849 - 2014-10-03 18:39:28 UTC
Karl Jerr wrote:

Food for thought.

And NPSI, lowsec, npc null is much more preferable than being a sheep.
smokeydapot
Moon Of The Pheonix
#5850 - 2014-10-03 18:39:43 UTC  |  Edited by: smokeydapot
Frostys Virpio wrote:
smokeydapot wrote:
flakeys wrote:

You :'' You must be a carebear who never left empire because you agree with the change''
Me:'' Nope i was in empire when you didn't even know what eve was , here's proof ''
You:'' Yeah well , uhm well , but my killboardrecord is worse because of reasons''

So still you miss the point of my post , a LOT of people who agree with the changes are people who do have null experience and exactly THAT is the reason why they agree with these changes.

Employment history states you 2014 on this more than likely alt what's wrong can't post on your main ???

Lets see this amazing kill board while I continue to siege the thread.

His corp history starts in 2004...

aahh yes now I see it *shakes fist at slow site*

so he has some years on me and should have more kills if he is PVP PRO but then age does not mean much.

Goes to look at this uber owners kill board while still sieging the tread...

Never mind it's padded to hell with RVB crap.
Wolf Kraft
Underground Smellroad
#5851 - 2014-10-03 18:40:08 UTC
Dear CCP Greyscale,

Can you also increase fuel usage for supers while you're at it? It doesn't make a whole lot of sense for a Titan to use as much fuel as a carrier.

Sincerely,
A concerned citizen that believes that the coalition three cent titanium tax doesn't go too far enough

P.S.

If you have the data available, why not just give black ops a stack that resets on downtime. Each jump removes a counter from this stack. While the stack is active, fatigue is increased at the same (or similar) rate as the currently proposed JF/Rorq fatigue. Once the stack is depleted, fatigue accrues at the normal rate. The amount for the stack could just simply be the average number of jumps black ops typically make.

There's also the possibility to make fatigue accrue at a reduced rate and then just apply a debuff to the ship for every jump after the first. e.g. Assuming max skilled Blops pilot, the first jump would apply max skills, second jump may have a 15% debuff applied to the skills, the third a 30% debuff, and so on until a 75-100% debuff is reached. Only applying the debuff to the primary hull skills (blops/BS). The debuff lasts until the built up fatigue has expired. Though, this option may require a slight buff to blops.
Aliza Cosma Chupinskowa
It Girl Society
#5852 - 2014-10-03 18:40:42 UTC
Two things that happen if you do your plans on that way.

First: I 'm looking activ for a new game

Second: yeah I can close a account with cyano chars. I have no need more because I can't traveling so much.. Good for me I save money bad for you CCP!

My suggestion:

- Increasing the distance between the gates, makes greater eve, the distans from system to system and constellations to constellation. I see no problem if full skilled subcaps stranded from time to time between the stars and not well skilled subcabs often.

- increased a little more the fuel consumption.

- set a timer similar to the one from which you announced but with different timers, he runs faster in space than on the safe station (significant faster of course). true the moto risk vs reward! (you see the all the funny
possibilities that could happen if a cap fleet rest in space for faster travelling?)

- give titans the ability to make a shild like the PoS shild for the fleet. Inside this shild the timer runs not so slow as in a safe station and not so fast as in space a good middle way to make the jumpdrive ready again.

- rapid recharge the jump drive works in a PoS should not be possible.

Fix our game on the way that promotes and generate teamplay and
involved more players to make a goal (that means in this case a long jump route).
CCP think at least once about, it is not always the easiest way for you, that is the best for your customers, whose money you want to have.
We want play, forming teams and fleets with much different roles inside, complexity and we want use our brain (from time to time) not simply reduction of jumprange with a stupid timer... risk vs reward... all i see is the easiest way for ccp and less fun for us.
Veskrashen
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#5853 - 2014-10-03 18:40:48 UTC
gascanu wrote:
and you will get to deep space...how?

Wormholes. Gates. Jumping into your space and right through. Going around the long way.

In short, where there's a will there's a way. Can't guard all the portal gates all the time well enough - and if you try, you'll just burn yourself out.

We Gallente have a saying: "CCP created the Gallente Militia to train the Fighters..."

Doc Fury
Furious Enterprises
#5854 - 2014-10-03 18:41:26 UTC  |  Edited by: Doc Fury
To all the goons and CFC still crying over the proposed power projection changes:

CCP is not trying to ruin the game, they are trying to ruin your game.

There's a million angry citizens looking down their tubes..at me.

MeBiatch
GRR GOONS
#5855 - 2014-10-03 18:42:26 UTC
Obsidian Hawk wrote:
Karl Jerr wrote:

Food for thought.

Actually most of the people who are supporting this are the bitter vets who missed the days when everyone worked together to accomplish a goal.

Like doing a freighter op to 0.0 30 mins before down time and finishing it up right after dt.

yeah totally i mean what is the difference between going on a 40 jump roam where you find no targets to shoot and a 20 jump frighter op?

they are both the same damn thing... only difference though is that 20 jump freighter op is a bullseye on your fleet and should lead to conflict vrs that roam which will just cause locals to dock up.

Kismeteer
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#5856 - 2014-10-03 18:42:57 UTC  |  Edited by: Kismeteer
Doc Fury wrote:
To all the goons still crying over this:

Not empty posting.
Mr Floydy
Questionable Ethics.
Ministry of Inappropriate Footwork
#5857 - 2014-10-03 18:43:04 UTC
gascanu wrote:
MeBiatch wrote:
Zhul Chembull wrote:

I predict the bigger null sec alliances will move close to high sec like goons will move to ec-par in cloud ring and base out of there and then leave the deep space so small fish like me

and you will get to deep space...how?

Wormholes. Also jumping across enemy territory into quiet systems with scouts and then jumping on to the next inevitable empty system towards deep space?

Guys in null will cope, atleast the inventive non-sheep will do.
MeBiatch
GRR GOONS
#5858 - 2014-10-03 18:43:15 UTC
Doc Fury wrote:
To all the goons still crying over this:

this just in greyscale is really sir molle

Skydell
Bad Girl Posse
#5859 - 2014-10-03 18:43:26 UTC
MeBiatch wrote:
Zhul Chembull wrote:

Considering the nature of EVE gates and the whole 'you must pay a toll' concept of getting from deep Null to High Sec, this is a reasonable conclusion. I would predict another scenario. HQ on the High Sec rim, Renters on the crusty outside of the blue donut.
Toriessian
Helion Production Labs
Independent Operators Consortium
#5860 - 2014-10-03 18:43:42 UTC
Veskrashen wrote:
Serendipity Lost wrote:

Here's the problem I see though. BLOPs have the ability to become the taxi for fleets of pilots to zip across new eden and nullify the fatigue issue. There would have to be a mechanism that prevents one of the big power blocks from just moving around eve in BLOPs to their cache of boringmobiles that have been pre staged.

That's the issue with giving JFs longer range, too.

BLOPS need a fatigue modifier, that's clear. Their use doesn't have the same Apex Force Unstoppable Blob issues that Supercaps and Titans (or capital blobs in general) have. Primarily because of the lack of effective logistics support. They are still jump capable combat boats though, and their increased range is definitely an advantage in this New Order. They can outpace any other teleportation based pursuer in the game under the new rules.

Something like a 0.4-0.7ish modifier would probably work? That would let them drop in, gank stuff, extract without having to wait obscene amounts of time. That or jump in, gank something, roam for a bit, gank something else, hop over the pursuers, gank something else, jump over there, gank something, then extract.

I love the idea of BLOPS forces being the true harrassment tools they should have been all along, until LOLCapsOnline and jump bridge networks made countering them too easy.

Agree with the concern about capial pilot taxis. The nice thing about BLOPS is we have an entirely different Cyno being used which gives us a little more flexibility... Lets add to an earlier post on BLOPS mechanics I made then...

I think this would solidify black ops as a "profession" too TBH.

Trying to keep it simple so there is no "MATH" to game.
********************************************************************************************
- Make any jump/bridge to a covert beacon not accrue fatigue outside of T3s

- T3s can still be bridged but normal fatigue applies to the T3 pilot

- A Black Ops BS CAN bridge/jump to a normal Cyno but normal fatigue rules apply

- Jumping/being bridged to a covert cyno causes pilot to be unable jump/bridge to regular cyno for 24 hours from the jump.

Every day I'm wafflin!