These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Dev Blog: Long-Distance Travel Changes Inbound

First post First post First post
Author
Lord TGR
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#8161 - 2014-11-30 23:36:29 UTC
You do realize that if CCP does what they've indicated that they'll do, i.e. occupancy based sov system, chances are the CCP are going to contract even further than they already have (we've ceded DQPB already because of these changes, which meant more space was available for someone else to take over, thus either letting smaller entities out or moving another entity around on the map and opening up space there instead).

You're such a glass half empty kinda guy.
Sgt Ocker
What Corp is it
#8162 - 2014-12-01 00:40:07 UTC  |  Edited by: Sgt Ocker
Lord TGR wrote:
You do realize that if CCP does what they've indicated that they'll do, i.e. occupancy based sov system, chances are the CCP are going to contract even further than they already have (we've ceded DQPB already because of these changes, which meant more space was available for someone else to take over, thus either letting smaller entities out or moving another entity around on the map and opening up space there instead).

You're such a glass half empty kinda guy.

Please, the sov you ceded sold for 1 billion isk per system. It was not so much given up as passed on.
The sov Goons "gave up" was outlying sov that had no other blues close enough to defend it for you.

Goons and all the Goon pets have basically consolidated their position so for anyone to invade they are stuck with fighting a giant coalition.
Yes Goon space is being attacked right now, not because anyone thinks they will win but simply because there is just nothing else to do.

Goons win simply through numbers on field - That is what CCP need to fix and until they do, Sov Nul will remain static and boring.
Unless your thing is BLOB fleets, then sov nul is not for you
I am really tired of; "if you don't get your paps up and join CFC fleets you risk being kicked out of the corp/alliance"

Massive cap fleets roaming nul at will did not create the problems, big coalitions did and will continue to do so.

Quote:
chances are the CCP are going to contract even further than they already have (we've ceded DQPB already because of these changes,
Doesn't that say a lot. A typo that close enough tells it how it is. CCP = CFC

My opinions are mine.

  If you don't like them or disagree with me that's OK.- - - - - - Just don't bother Hating - I don't care

It really is getting harder and harder to justify $23 a month for each sub.

Lord TGR
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#8163 - 2014-12-01 00:54:33 UTC
Sgt Ocker wrote:
Please, the sov you ceded sold for 1 billion isk per system. It was not so much given up as passed on.
The sov Goons "gave up" was outlying sov that had no other blues close enough to defend it for you.

Yes. That was because of the jump changes.

Sgt Ocker wrote:
Goons and all the Goon pets have basically consolidated their position so for anyone to invade they are stuck with fighting a giant coalition.
Yes Goon space is being attacked right now, not because anyone thinks they will win but simply because there is just nothing else to do.

There's been nothing to do for almost a full year, and when phoebe hit, the universe exploded. Sounds like it's having its effect.

Sgt Ocker wrote:
Goons win simply through numbers on field - That is what CCP need to fix and until they do, Sov Nul will remain static and boring.
Unless your thing is BLOB fleets, then sov nul is not for you

Great news: now that we can't bring the entire capfleet down in 15 minutes flat, if NCdot etc prepare they can sit there with their 300 archons and be more or less impervious to most subcap fleets, and we'll have a problem responding to that.

Sgt Ocker wrote:
Massive cap fleets roaming nul at will did not create the problems, big coalitions did and will continue to do so.

Nope. It all boils down to the sov system requiring large fleets, and the more damage you can put on the field, the better it is. Thus, caps and supercaps. CCP'll fix that when(if) they ever change the sov system for something which doesn't depend on stuffing as much power into a single system for a final timer as possible.

Combine that with the fact that lowsec's been stifled cap-wise because entities such as PL have roamed around and piseed on tons of cap fights between lowsec entities, and voila, jump changes, to be combined with sov changes.

Sgt Ocker wrote:
Doesn't that say a lot. A typo that close enough tells it how it is. CCP = CFC

Gevlon? Xenuria? Is that you?
Sgt Ocker
What Corp is it
#8164 - 2014-12-01 01:18:51 UTC
Lord TGR wrote:

Sgt Ocker wrote:
Doesn't that say a lot. A typo that close enough tells it how it is. CCP = CFC

Gevlon? Xenuria? Is that you?
In response to the question, No.

I knew from the outset responding to you was a mistake. You can't see past your own propaganda.

CCP is building a game of drones (drones being numbers in fleet, not a fleet of Domis) where the group with the largest fleet will always win. That means for those who don't like blob fleets, sov nul has little to offer.

My opinions are mine.

  If you don't like them or disagree with me that's OK.- - - - - - Just don't bother Hating - I don't care

It really is getting harder and harder to justify $23 a month for each sub.

Lord TGR
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#8165 - 2014-12-01 01:33:33 UTC
Sgt Ocker wrote:
I knew from the outset responding to you was a mistake. You can't see past your own propaganda.

Propaganda? What propaganda? I'm making up my own mind here, but please keep thinking it's mittens' (or whomever) telling me what to think.

Sgt Ocker wrote:
CCP is building a game of drones (drones being numbers in fleet, not a fleet of Domis) where the group with the largest fleet will always win. That means for those who don't like blob fleets, sov nul has little to offer.

Erm, no, they've had a game like that for the past 10 years. The jump changes etc have done nothing to cause this, if anything it's reduced the numbers slightly because you can't derp from one side to the other in 15 minutes with a big-assed ship anymore.

If they do their job properly and implement a sov system which doesn't rely on numbers like it does today, which I'm actually hopeful they will actually go through with now since they've shown they're wiling to do drastic things, then you'll see that it doesn't rely solely on numbers anymore.

Of course, no matter what you do to the game, numbers will always win a certain fight (as long as one side doesn't bring a hard counter to what the other side brings), but CCP can at the very least remove the necessity to stuff as much power as possible into a single system for a final timer, so it'll be more important to have proper FCs with proper tactical skills, backed up by proper skymarshals with strategic skills, rather than have someone say "smash timers there. ugh.".
Rain6637
NulzSec
#8166 - 2014-12-01 12:57:41 UTC
Rain6637 wrote:
Greyscale, the thought of fleeting caps on a roam, especially dreads, in K-space has been a little out of reach until now. The looming threat of the blob and my extreme dislike for Tidi has made it nothing more than a daydream.

But now you've... god this brings tears to my eyes. It's hard to imagine the mixed ships that will be in this frame not too long from now, free of Tidi, with jump routes in the top left corner of each client, but I want you to know I see them.

truly, this will be something to enjoy, and lossmails will simply be proof that I was there and had fun.

XOXO.

http://i.imgur.com/BUpeg0S.png
Bogdo Lama
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#8167 - 2015-01-14 20:07:40 UTC
Arkon Olacar wrote:
Are you guys high?

No seriously, have any of the people who came up with these changes ever played Eve before?

You've just killed off nullsec logistics singlehandedly. You've just made the minimum requirement to be in null the ability to fly an interceptor. You've just killed black ops fleets. You've made it impossible to enter half the regions in the game without using a gate. You've just made it impossible to live in most of the NPC null regions. You've not restricted capital fights, you've eliminated them from the game entirely.

Are we being trolled? Are you trying to kill off your own game?


I do support above statment.

CCP killed carrier logistics from low to sovspace. Carrier jump range simply cant reach enough systems to make it viable route to use. So no logistics to null causes what? It makes it impossible for a guy to move from low to sov. Because he cant get hes stuff there..

CCP you broke logistics you happy now?
Sienna Toth
Pulsar Phisics Shipyards
#8168 - 2015-01-19 16:51:47 UTC
Mike Azariah wrote:
Your mistake is that it was meant to hit power projection (not capitals) which includes everything.

right down to shuttles.

m


CCP has trashed the build system, Nerfed all jump travel. CCP has pretty much ended the game for me. I put months of skill points into ships just to have the ship capabilities nerfed. Before that they ruin manufacture and science. All that isk and training again down the porcelain portal. I'll be downsizing and then use all my remaining isk for PLEX until that that runs out. I'm only doing that in the off change CCP redeems themselves like they did with the mining ship debacle.
Sgt Ocker
What Corp is it
#8169 - 2015-01-20 02:55:56 UTC
Lord TGR wrote:


Sgt Ocker wrote:
CCP is building a game of drones (drones being numbers in fleet, not a fleet of Domis) where the group with the largest fleet will always win. That means for those who don't like blob fleets, sov nul has little to offer.

Erm, no, they've had a game like that for the past 10 years. The jump changes etc have done nothing to cause this, if anything it's reduced the numbers slightly because you can't derp from one side to the other in 15 minutes with a big-assed ship anymore.
Not quite 10 years but certainly the last 4 or 5. And it is not only "big assed" ships, it is anything bigger than an interceptor.
I am all for range nerfs, except that with the addition of fatigue, it has simply killed off anything spontaneous about the game. Unless you like fighting the same 10 people day in and day out, nulsec conflict is pretty much zero.
**I did word my statement a little badly. Should have been more like - Encouraging the game of drones - Largest group wins..

Quote:
If they do their job properly and implement a sov system which doesn't rely on numbers like it does today, which I'm actually hopeful they will actually go through with now since they've shown they're wiling to do drastic things, then you'll see that it doesn't rely solely on numbers anymore.
Regardless of what changes they bring to how sov is taken, the dominating, bloated, bullying coalitions will always come out on top.

Quote:
Of course, no matter what you do to the game, numbers will always win a certain fight (as long as one side doesn't bring a hard counter to what the other side brings), but CCP can at the very least remove the necessity to stuff as much power as possible into a single system for a final timer, so it'll be more important to have proper FCs with proper tactical skills, backed up by proper skymarshals with strategic skills, rather than have someone say "smash timers there. ugh.".
The only way CCP could remove or lower the need to "stuff as much power as possible into a system" would be to limit the size of any one group. Recent changes make it pretty clear, that is not an objective.
CCP at best have shown a lack foresight as to how many of their changes will affect nulsec life .
You can't encourage conflict by removing the ability for enemies to confront each other but that is exactly what CCP keep doing.


** As for the propaganda, you keep telling yourself that.

My opinions are mine.

  If you don't like them or disagree with me that's OK.- - - - - - Just don't bother Hating - I don't care

It really is getting harder and harder to justify $23 a month for each sub.

Anarkio Mahyisti
Through The Star Horizon
Invidia Gloriae Comes
#8170 - 2015-03-06 17:53:35 UTC
All kind time of days , I apologize in advance for my English , is bad writing in English so the translator helped me ))) curves for the words I'm sorry !

1 - the Claim will be very quick, and accessible to all ( mean big alliances will start to lose its position ) - this will entail heavy losses on the market
2 - If I currently am sure that my Alliance can reject the claim of our systems, after updating the people will not be able to close your eyes on vacation and normally sleep?
3 - Many people want stability and security , this means that all ( half ) will fly to the Empire - What if Empire will start to lag ? again to release a new patch ?
4 - what about the miners ? who can not defend their space ? as will be digging resources ? 100 people ? to be safe ?
5 - what do you need to be the big ships ?
What purpose will pursue TITAN ?
Why are the dreadnoughts ?
And why would you need a Super Carrier ? - fighters can no longer fly through space in assis, to give them not - I don't think that the people building these ships will be just for them to fly and to guard the gates, making unnecessary the ship )
Return them then 25 drones ( not fighters ) and the usual drones that carriero , (C entre heavy...... )

You can come up with more ways of processing of zeros , but it seems to have been the easiest ) thank you ))

Make a separate space with rich minerals and planets , where there will be a constant battle and everyone will be there to fight , as is done in many other games.
Also post was photographed ) and then I noticed that the one who deletes messages )
Vanna Amelana
Mining and Munitions Ltd
The Bastion
#8171 - 2015-03-10 13:17:53 UTC
Ok I have never posted on any of these forums before and I know I’m going to get trolled to death but I feel as one of the few people who never really talk outside of my corp. I feel I simply have to speak up.

I live in Null I enjoy living in null I like the thought that some nasty git is constantly trying to kill my poor mining ships and stop me from moving forwards with my own little world. I seem to be part of what seems to be a very dying breed of Eve player and that is I’m a Null sec miner, I mine all the time and cannot do the PVP. (Just look at my kill board) Now hold on here I really do not mind people trying to kill me and greatly enjoy trying to run away.

But I have one small question for the people who run this game and with the possible SOV changes that are expected to come about and that is this…

What will make me want to stay in NULL where the risk will not be outweighed by the rewards in any way and I could simply take my mining fleet to Hi sec and mine away nice and safe and if I’m very honest make allot more isks.

And thus take away fun for those people who like to roam around and beat more poor mining ships to death? and my fun at trying to run away

I do not disagree with all the changes on a whole that are being proposed I do feel that, the game has slowly drifted away from a community game that allows people to play in any way they wished to, to being a game that forces me to play a game that i really do not want to play. I really hope the Developers can really consider all aspects of the game before they make drastic changes.



And this proposal of a delay in local channel I just don’t get at all. Keep that for the people that enjoy WH’s
Let the trolls start there rants at me. That comes in I move to hi simple as that.

Iroquoiss Pliskin
9B30FF Labs
#8172 - 2015-04-12 21:20:20 UTC  |  Edited by: Iroquoiss Pliskin
bp920091 wrote:
Seriously, this change will 100% kill the T2 market, without a doubt. There is no way to actually have t2 goo produced locally, and without local production, things either wont happen, or they'll happen at massively inflated rates.

In nerfing force projection, CCP's killed the economy, great job. Couldn't have made a better way to do it myself.

- 2014-10-01 18:00:19 UTC
_______________________

This change will completely destroy the T2 economy of eve, due to incredibly ill-thought changes.

1. The moon distribution for R8 and R32 moons is EXTREMELY regional, with most regions containing not a single moon of a R8/32 type, while containing a massive surplus of another type.

2. These changes make POSs of a type not supported locally being just about impossible to run, due to the massive M3 needed to import/export.

3. R64s wont be affected by tower type, as they can fit several silos and a reaonable defense on them, regardless of race (some do it better, but all are able to do it)

4. The amount of m3 that needs importing/exporting, even just with R8/32 Materials, is unfeasible for going via gates

Since CCP has decided on keeping R8/32 moons regional, a centralized meeting place is an absolute necessity, which is why places like Jita are so good for selling and buying goo for reactions and T2 components.

These changes will do nothing but increase the price of T2 ships and mods by an unimaginable degree, as well as making logistics to any region not associated with a large 0.0 entity (and being part of that large 0.0 entity).

CCP, if you want to do this, make resources (ice and R8/32) universally distributed. It's the only way you can possibly do it WITHOUT completely killing the T2 economy

- 2014-10-01 17:46:57 UTC


Oh look, numbers being pulled out of the ass trick! I'd call my personal banker to answer this, but he's currently preoccupied with rolling on the floor, laughing.

https://www.fuzzwork.co.uk/market/marketdisplay.php?typeid=12005&regionid=10000002
https://www.fuzzwork.co.uk/market/marketdisplay.php?typeid=12003&regionid=10000002
https://www.fuzzwork.co.uk/market/marketdisplay.php?typeid=11999&regionid=10000002
https://www.fuzzwork.co.uk/market/marketdisplay.php?typeid=22428&regionid=10000002

https://www.fuzzwork.co.uk/market/marketdisplay.php?typeid=22428&regionid=10000002
https://www.fuzzwork.co.uk/market/marketdisplay.php?typeid=22440&regionid=10000002

https://www.fuzzwork.co.uk/market/marketdisplay.php?typeid=22440&regionid=10000002
https://www.fuzzwork.co.uk/market/marketdisplay.php?typeid=11969&regionid=10000002

Quote:
...by an unimaginable degree


Smile

Quote:
...unimaginable degree


Smile

Quote:
unimaginable


Roll

Son, we used to haul and supply the whole POS infrastructures of 0.0 sec in Carriers before JFs, and in tech 1 haulers before that. Big smile

T2 ships were actually cheaper in the year 2006-2009. Roll That's during the both Great Eve Wars. Big smile

Good thread - best thread! 11/10

My moisture vaporator is going soi soi soi soi soi soi soi soi soi soi soi soi soi soi soi soi soi soi soi.

SEND HALP

Shayle wrote:
Thank you CCP for having the balls to do this.

For anyone moaning about how tedious it will now be to travel across the map for a fight; that's the whole point! Find a fight closer to home, go reset your standings and destroy your neighbours because you're bored. Let chaos rule again.

For those moaning about not being able to jump bridge across their vast swathe of empty null sec space; that's the whole point! Downsize your sov space so you can move across it to defend it, and let someone else move in next door.

For those moaning about logistics challenges, we managed fine for years without jump bridges and jump freighters (including moving moongoo). Or if it's too much hassle for your alliance to hold half the bloody moons on the map, then don't hold them all - oh wait, maybe that's possibly the point?

How many of you actually remember back to the 2007/2008 era where multiple wars were happening across null sec? Fountain seemed like a million miles from Deklein, and you'd certainly never consider traveling all the way down to catch just for one fight.

Stop crying just because you're ******* lazy.


Best poast in the whole thread.

I read the whole thread, yes, while touching myself, yes.

Yes. ( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)