These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Missions & Complexes

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Burner Mission - Ship advice to solo them including fittings

First post
Author
Ploing
Blue Republic
RvB - BLUE Republic
#1341 - 2017-02-07 11:28:26 UTC
maybe its time for a bugreport.
Zarek Kree
Lunatic Legion Holdings
#1342 - 2017-02-09 04:49:26 UTC  |  Edited by: Zarek Kree
Just wanted to add a slightly modified fit for the Talos Burner mission for those, like me, who can't fly a HAC yet. I tried a whole range of fits but couldn't make any of them work consistently except for the VNI. The problem I had with the cap boosted VNIs detailed in this thread is that there were a lot of things to control between manual flying, shield booster, cap booster and drone management.

I wanted something a little simpler that was cap stable to eliminate management of the shield and cap boosters, so I tried a passive and buffer tank but the increased signature caused me to take more damage than I could absorb. What I ended up with was a cap stable, active tank fit that has been incredibly reliable for me.

[Vexor Navy Issue, VNI]

Damage Control II
Imperial Navy Drone Damage Amplifier
Imperial Navy Drone Damage Amplifier
Capacitor Flux Coil II
Capacitor Flux Coil II
Capacitor Flux Coil II

Gist X-Type 100MN Afterburner
Gist C-Type Large Shield Booster
Pith X-Type Kinetic Deflection Field
Pith X-Type Thermal Dissipation Field

150mm Railgun II, Caldari Navy Antimatter Charge S
150mm Railgun II, Caldari Navy Antimatter Charge S
Small Tractor Beam I
[Empty High slot]

Medium Capacitor Control Circuit II
Medium Capacitor Control Circuit II
Medium Capacitor Control Circuit I

Republic Fleet Berserker x5
Republic Fleet Berserker x3

This fit allows me to make multiple mistakes, activate multiple sentry guns and still approach each Talos largely unscathed due to the speed, small signature and respectable active tank. The only thing I can't do is loot each wreck as I go - if I get too slow, I start taking more hits than the booster can handle. Those with better cap skills than me can even replace one of the cap flux coils for a third drone damage amplifier for slightly improved completion times.

It's not as efficient as other fits, but you're not going to get good efficiency in anything short of a HAC. With decent piloting, it is effective and safe though.

UPDATE: Based on the suggestion of guigui lechat below, I upgraded the DDAs to faction so that I could fit a tractor beam in the highs. If I then orbit the Talos wreck at 1000m, the tractor gets it within 2500m so I can loot it without losing too much speed. I still take a few hard hits, but nothing the shield booster can't handle. Being able to loot as I go cuts a few minutes off of my run time. The faction DDAs make this a little blingy, but it's pretty safe (as long as you don't get ganked).

I also upgraded to faction Berserkers. The increased tank over the T2 variant makes them much more survivable and easier to recall before they go down. I haven't lost any on the test server so far.
guigui lechat
the no fock given
#1343 - 2017-02-09 14:46:03 UTC
can you add a tractor beam in the highs ?
Zarek Kree
Lunatic Legion Holdings
#1344 - 2017-02-09 15:18:24 UTC
guigui lechat wrote:
can you add a tractor beam in the highs ?

I could if I fit faction DDAs, but I don't think a tractor beam could keep up. Max tractor velocity is 500 m/s, but I can't get much slower than 1000 m/s without taking more damage than the booster can handle. I might experiment with that on SiSi though.
Arthur Aihaken
CODE.d
#1345 - 2017-02-09 19:53:49 UTC
That's an interesting twist with your VNI fit. I might have to give that a try - thanks.

I am currently away, traveling through time and will be returning last week.

Mo Skor
Westworld Tours and Security
#1346 - 2017-02-11 01:11:21 UTC  |  Edited by: Mo Skor
Sansha Nation Burner: w/daredevil

This is an alternate fit to the one's I've seen so far. It's cap stable, so you don't need to use and micro-manage booster charges. About 189m isk.

2x Light Neutron Blaster II

1x Cap Recharger II
1x 1MN Monopropellant Enduring Afterburner
1x Federation Navy Stasis Webifier

1x Centi A-Type Small Armor Repairer
1x Magnetic Field Stabilizer II
1x Energized EM Membrane II
1x Capacitor Flux Coil II

1x Small Anti-EM Pump II
1x Small Anti-Thermal Pump II
1x Small Semiconductor Memory Cell I

Null from 9700m to 3100m, then switch if you want, to Void from 4000m to 1700m. I set orbit at 1400. He was almost toast by the time I got in close, so there really wasn't any need to switch to Void I don't think.

This is my alt, done on my main trackday Cotamerica.
Takh Meir'noen
24th Imperial Recon
#1347 - 2017-02-12 15:07:53 UTC  |  Edited by: Takh Meir'noen
My Enyo fit for doing Blood Agent (Cruor):

[Enyo, Burner (Cruor)]

Corpii A-Type Small Armor Repairer
Centum C-Type Energized EM Membrane
Corpii A-Type EM Plating
Corpum C-Type Energized Thermal Membrane

X5 Enduring Stasis Webifier
Republic Fleet Small Cap Battery
Republic Fleet Small Cap Battery

Light Neutron Blaster II, Void S
Rocket Launcher II, Caldari Navy Nova Rocket

Small Capacitor Control Circuit II

Hobgoblin I x1

I'm sharing it not because it's the best or fastest, but to share two things with this fit:

1. It can kill the Cruor without overheating. I've only got Assault Frigates IV & Blaster Specialization II right now, and I killed the Cruor without overheating. I currently kick out 68.8 effective DPS on the Cruor, which armor reps 37 HP/s, so it takes awhile to chew through 9,000 armor--but this works.

2. It's cap stable vs the Cruor. Instead of draining 18 GJ/s with the NOS, the small cap batteries reduce that to 10 GJ/s, and this fit has a surplus of 10.8 GJ/s, so you'll never get fully drained by this ship. Awhile back someone said they didn't think that NPC NOS is reduced by cap batteries--I can confirm it is. The Cruor drained 50 GS/s instead of 90 GS/s every 5 seconds.
Ploing
Blue Republic
RvB - BLUE Republic
#1348 - 2017-02-12 20:00:11 UTC
basically same idea as zekirs med cap wolf fit at page 65.
if you change it a bit like his fit you are able to install a second web.
Takh Meir'noen
24th Imperial Recon
#1349 - 2017-02-13 16:04:59 UTC
Ploing wrote:
basically same idea as zekirs med cap wolf fit at page 65.
if you change it a bit like his fit you are able to install a second web.

Wow thanks for pointing out that fit. I tweaked it a smidge and I am using this now:

[Wolf, Burner (Cruor)]

Corpii A-Type Small Armor Repairer
Corpii A-Type Thermal Plating
Navy Micro Auxiliary Power Core
Gyrostabilizer II
Gyrostabilizer II

Stasis Webifier II
'Censer' Medium Cap Battery

200mm AutoCannon II, Republic Fleet Fusion S
Rocket Launcher II, Caldari Navy Nova Rocket

Small Projectile Collision Accelerator I

versus Burner Cruor:
OFFENSE: 91.3 eDPS (Burner Cruor armor repairs 37 HPS)
DEFENSE: 212.9 eHPS (Burner Cruor does 90 EM/90 TH DPS)
CAPACITOR: +14.1 GJ/s (Burner Cruor drains 18 GJ/s, reduced to 13.5 GJ/s from the cap battery)

The resist profile just makes the Wolf shine. The Enyo needs four slots to hit 180 eHPS while the Wolf only needs two. The best cap-stable/perma-tank Enyo I can build does 78 eDPS to the Burner Cruor.

Switching to the Wolf! (My Enyo still pulverizes the Worm so it's all good.)
Ploing
Blue Republic
RvB - BLUE Republic
#1350 - 2017-02-13 20:22:10 UTC
ah ok you are able to fly the wolf Big smile

good choice Blink
Takh Meir'noen
24th Imperial Recon
#1351 - 2017-02-13 23:32:58 UTC
Ploing wrote:
ah ok you are able to fly the wolf Big smile

good choice Blink

I can't do T2 autocannons yet, so I'm remedying that now. :)
Dack Cedercin
Cerulean Holdings Inc
#1352 - 2017-02-16 15:16:17 UTC
Anize,

I currently use the fits in your guide to run burners, but the Blood Base always gives me some trouble flying your Orthrus fit. I have all the skills in the necessary skill plan, and I've watched your video on the fight but it always takes me a lot longer to do it than you did in your video. The Ashimmu relentlessly chews on my drones, and my RLMLs always burn up to 90% heat as the first sentinel dies, causing me to do the second sentinel and the Ashimmu on unheated guns. Is the strat in your guide still applicable or should I just skip this one?
Chainsaw Plankton
FaDoyToy
#1353 - 2017-02-16 18:19:18 UTC
I'd try using a bit less heat, fire a few volleys, heat the launchers for a few cycles, turn heat off for a few, turn it on for a few, and try to stay under 50% on the first, and then continue onto the second and heat up to ~80% and then kill the ashimmu without heat.

I tend to just skip the blood base, got annoying to run, and when I do run it I use the gila in this thread.

@ChainsawPlankto on twitter

Zarek Kree
Lunatic Legion Holdings
#1354 - 2017-02-16 22:46:36 UTC
I use the Gila as well and usually only have enough heat for the first Sentinel. I finish the mission fairly quickly though. In accordance with some of the recommendations here, I use disposable T1 drones and just keep launching them as they chew through them.
guigui lechat
the no fock given
#1355 - 2017-02-19 11:46:48 UTC
Anize told me he often skips this missions as it not only gives less reward(bugged ?) but also relies on random AI behavior.
Garrett Osinov
State War Academy
Caldari State
#1356 - 2017-02-23 09:17:18 UTC
Guys, any suggestions, for Guristas base ? I am playing with 2 characters (2 windows), can fly alsmost anything ?

I understand it takes time, but still want to do it.

Or at least what sort of damage are they dealing ?
Ploing
Blue Republic
RvB - BLUE Republic
#1357 - 2017-02-23 10:52:24 UTC  |  Edited by: Ploing
Anize Oramara
WarpTooZero
#1358 - 2017-02-23 11:49:50 UTC
Dack Cedercin wrote:
Anize,

I currently use the fits in your guide to run burners, but the Blood Base always gives me some trouble flying your Orthrus fit. I have all the skills in the necessary skill plan, and I've watched your video on the fight but it always takes me a lot longer to do it than you did in your video. The Ashimmu relentlessly chews on my drones, and my RLMLs always burn up to 90% heat as the first sentinel dies, causing me to do the second sentinel and the Ashimmu on unheated guns. Is the strat in your guide still applicable or should I just skip this one?

Hay

Yea the Orthrus fit can be... a bit touchy at times, used to be amazing before it was nerfed. I think I'll change the guide tonight to recommend the Onyx fit rather. It's a bit slower but has a much wider margin for error.

But I do often skip it as the reward is for some reason lower than other burners and the loot has decreased in value quite a bit. It's pretty sub par as mission go now and can be skipped without penalty. Still better than Gurista base, bleh.

A guide (Google Doc) to Hi-Sec blitzing and breaking the 200mill ISK/H barrier v1.2.3

Garrett Osinov
State War Academy
Caldari State
#1359 - 2017-02-23 12:11:43 UTC
Ploing wrote:
https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=6068439#post6068439

a bit outdated but gives you an imagination.

thanks a lot, I wish I knew how much DPS i need to tank on the Logi
Karlof Starbuck
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#1360 - 2017-02-23 17:47:55 UTC
Anize Oramara wrote:
[quote=Dack Cedercin]Anize,

I think I'll change the guide tonight to recommend the Onyx fit rather.

A bit of feed-back for you, but would you also consider making all instances of URLs actual links?

EG (from the version linked in your forum sig):
# GOOD

Thanks to everyone I stole and borrowed fits from as well.
https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=369477&find=unread

^^^--- actually made into a HTML link.

# BAD
Quick Link to Burner Video Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzPaTWMzXCo22oa2tCmjlc9JHcyxNM_VA
^^^--- added as text, not a clickable link.

Thank you for your continued efforts on this guide.