These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Events and Gatherings Archive

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

CCP combat fleet incursions and rules of engagement

First post
Author
Mioelnir
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#321 - 2011-11-23 21:57:41 UTC
Oddsodz wrote:
1 - Don't fill your cargo full of nice loot. Why? Well for the most part. The "1st in Jita fleet" was mostly full of highsecers. So stealing (well sort off) to them is not in there nature. Now don't get me wrong. I Love loot. But what I saw was a lot of "Pubbie" in the fleet just for the trill of getting in on a big fleet and shoot down some DEVS. So they held to the job at hand of shooting the DEV fleet. So the "Pubbies" did all the hard work only to get ripped off by the sneeky looters. Seems a bit unfair to me for "Pubbie" to do all the hard work for some sneaky low/null sec player to get all the goodies. So for the future I would recommend a new way to reward players for taking part in such events. Maybe with some sort of Loyalist points or something. I will let you figure that one out lol. I Know, "Eve is real". And I am not to bother about it myself. But from all the event channels I was reading. Many a player was not happy. Seems the only players to get paid today was the big alliances. So next time. Don't fill up on loot. It makes a sad carebear. (lol I know right. All the tears lol)

Why? There is no loot fairy handing out stuff after pvp.
Players that do not regularly pvp should not be presented with such whitewashed versions of eve. The simply fact that some players still raged about this hours after the event does not mean they are right. It means they are spoiled.

Quote:
2 - Cyno jam the system. Nothing kills the fun faster than a few big alliances doping the Supercaps and Titans. If they want to come join in/flight. Make it on the terms that the highsec pubbies/cearbears can play at.

Why? CCP did not announce a kindergarden field trip. They announced pvp under regular game mechanics. Honour that and stop asking for devhax. Capitals have been part of the game for a long time now.
Also, being at the receiving end of a hotdrop is a valuable experience in itself that I would guess a lot of the attendees had the chance to receive for the first time.

Quote:
3 - Don't take so long to deploy. Well this is a bit of silly complaint to make really. No other alliance/corp advertise that they are going out to kill. So why am I complaint about you doing it? Well 24 hours is to vague a time frame to wait on for such a event. Make that time frame smaller and then the carebear in me will not go mad about sitting up all night waiting for the intel to roll in about where and when.

If they announce it with a shorter lead-up time, people will complain that they did not have the chance to read the announcement.
If they specify a smaller window ("in 3 days from x to y") it will only mean the hotdrop is faster.
Nyio
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#322 - 2011-11-23 22:10:01 UTC
MrBlades wrote:
Video replays available HERE for those who didn't attend or missed the live video streams.

Just watched part 1..
Awesome video, and give that cameraman a raise!
Bienator II
madmen of the skies
#323 - 2011-11-23 22:12:13 UTC
good work CCP. sad that i had no time to participate. I hope you can repeat this more often.

(the PL hotdrop was quite weak IMO, however thats how eve works it would happen earlier or later)

how to fix eve: 1) remove ECM 2) rename dampeners to ECM 3) add new anti-drone ewar for caldari 4) give offgrid boosters ongrid combat value

David Carel
SWAT Team Sales Consultants
#324 - 2011-11-23 22:18:20 UTC
Tama: 3045 kills, 640 losses over 3 hours.
That probably has been the most action Tama has ever seen and will ever see.
Hruruzat
Better-Life Gmbh
#325 - 2011-11-23 22:18:49 UTC
It was a good experience for sure. But it would have been a better one for the majority, if they at least had the feeling to stand a chance in this battle. And in my opinion the capitals might have scared off some newer players from starting a PvP career right in the beginning. On the other hand giving some lessons in real EVE life might be good as well...

So in the end we'll find points for both sides here - none of them beeing the sole solution. At least we've been able to turn some lights off in Reykjavik :D

And by the way: Loot was never an issue for most of us in the carebear-fleet. ;)
Michael Turate
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#326 - 2011-11-23 22:25:34 UTC
The care bears did alright looting - one guy got 4 plex, that's not too shabby!!
Hruruzat
Better-Life Gmbh
#327 - 2011-11-23 22:30:18 UTC
I'll bet, he wasn't in fleet - or not fighting at all. :D
Reyona
Care Bear Bunch
#328 - 2011-11-23 22:32:10 UTC
So on a scale from 1 to "I wish it never ended", how much fun did CCP have at hotdrop o'clock?
Hruruzat
Better-Life Gmbh
#329 - 2011-11-23 22:35:12 UTC
Maybe -10 ?
Hruruzat
Better-Life Gmbh
#330 - 2011-11-23 22:35:18 UTC  |  Edited by: Hruruzat
Maybe -10 ?

sorry for posting twice...
Sarai Cayne
CaleFaction Inc.
#331 - 2011-11-23 22:48:02 UTC
Next time do this without announcing it - it will be a fun Big smile
Davina Sienar
The Misinterpretation of Silence
#332 - 2011-11-23 22:53:18 UTC
Bring a Cyno Jam - Yes

sorry but all live events in low will end the same... by a friendly Hotrop...
SC0T1SH WARRIOR
Zero For 0wned
#333 - 2011-11-23 23:44:49 UTC
Well, I'm enjoyed it, 1st fleet in Tama before CCP, 1st Killmail of the night on CCP Alice.
Today was a good day to die. (and loot)

Dont mind me,  just touching your stuff.

Potamus Jenkins
eXceed Inc.
Plucky Adventurers
#334 - 2011-11-23 23:45:14 UTC
soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

whens the next one. im off work in 3 hours

do it
Daisai
Daisai Investments.
#335 - 2011-11-24 00:56:23 UTC
So ccp you went into low/null sec and got zerged by capitals and lost ships most people have to save up for weeks for.
I bet alliances like PL thank you for the free plexes you gave them while flying ships that were fitted by newbies.

Welcome to eve online "pvp".

Mioelnir
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#336 - 2011-11-24 01:09:41 UTC
Daisai wrote:
So ccp you went into low/null sec and got zerged by capitals and lost ships most people have to save up for weeks for.
I bet alliances like PL thank you for the free plexes you gave them while flying ships that were fitted by newbies.

Are you really thinking supercaps are first at the loot? Because.... of their agility and tremendous speed??
Daisai
Daisai Investments.
#337 - 2011-11-24 01:34:37 UTC
Ah the little eve fanboy cant handle the truth about his little epeen game.

Where do you see me crying?
Is that epeen talk from a fanboy like yourself thinking that everything which is negative about a failed pvp game like eve online is considered crying?

Daisai
Daisai Investments.
#338 - 2011-11-24 01:36:53 UTC
Mioelnir wrote:
Daisai wrote:

Are you really thinking supercaps are first at the loot? Because.... of their agility and tremendous speed??

you havent noticed those 2 plexes which drop every single time you kill a ccp ship ?
Tyberius Franklin
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#339 - 2011-11-24 01:40:53 UTC
Daisai wrote:
Mioelnir wrote:
Daisai wrote:

you havent noticed those 2 plexes which drop every single time you kill a ccp ship ?

You are aware that others in faster ships can get to the wreck first right? And also that not everyone present in those ships was affiliated with PL? The one who killed the ship and the one who got the loot are not necessarily the same.
Potamus Jenkins
eXceed Inc.
Plucky Adventurers
#340 - 2011-11-24 01:40:55 UTC
Daisai wrote:
Mioelnir wrote:
Daisai wrote:

i guess you havent noticed that you dont know how to read kill mails.