These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Technology Lab

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Evernus [2.2 release] - the Ultimate Market Tool

First post
Author
Pete Butcher
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#201 - 2014-12-10 20:30:18 UTC  |  Edited by: Pete Butcher
A new version has arrived with some major features:

• [new] always on top feature for main window
  • [new] more verbose price import
  • [new] Fast Price Copy*
  • [fixed] retaining market order column sizes after data update
  • [fixed] multilevel asset list import
  • [changed] Rhea database
  • [changed] sorting item names is now case-insensitive
  • [changed] web price import now uses CREST – up-to-date market data with a single mouse click!
  • [changed] switched to Qt 5.4

* Fast Price Copy allows you to update your orders in a very fast manner (1-2 seconds per order). Simply assign a keyboard shortcut in the “Price” preferences, select an order in any market order view and press the shortcut to copy the updated price and automatically jump to the next order on the list. You can do this even when Evernus doesn’t have the input focus – the keyboard shortcut works system-wide. You can use this to update your prices without ever leaving Eve client.

OSX version will be available soon.

http://evernus.com - the ultimate multiplatform EVE trade tool + nullsec Alliance Market tool

Zetsubou Gakusei
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#202 - 2014-12-10 20:38:24 UTC
I've been waiting for this! Thanks for the update!
With CREST no more price scanning and the fast price copy option looks really neat too!
Pete Butcher
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#203 - 2014-12-10 20:45:26 UTC
Zetsubou Gakusei wrote:
I've been waiting for this! Thanks for the update!
With CREST no more price scanning and the fast price copy option looks really neat too!

I'm updating ~300 orders at the moment and it goes so damn fastBig smile

http://evernus.com - the ultimate multiplatform EVE trade tool + nullsec Alliance Market tool

Zetsubou Gakusei
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#204 - 2014-12-10 21:21:24 UTC
I just tried to update prices from web in the assets tab and my whole system froze up for a while until I decided to alt-tab out of the updater window... not a good start but it seems now it's fetching the prices. I was stuck for at least 5 minutes
Pete Butcher
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#205 - 2014-12-10 21:32:09 UTC
Zetsubou Gakusei wrote:
I just tried to update prices from web in the assets tab and my whole system froze up for a while until I decided to alt-tab out of the updater window... not a good start but it seems now it's fetching the prices. I was stuck for at least 5 minutes

CREST seems to be slower than expected but you should see how many requests have been sent and how many have not returned yet. There shouldn't be any freeze.

Although, come to think of it, it's possible that your system froze when the prices got imported and were being saved into the database. This is a very resource intensive task, as Evernus tries to flush a ton of data as fast as possible.

Zetsubou Gakusei
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#206 - 2014-12-10 21:39:26 UTC  |  Edited by: Zetsubou Gakusei
Pete Butcher wrote:
Zetsubou Gakusei wrote:

CREST seems to be slower than expected but you should see how many requests have been sent and how many have not returned yet. There shouldn't be any freeze.

Although, come to think of it, it's possible that your system froze when the prices got imported and were being saved into the database. This is a very resource intensive task, as Evernus tries to flush a ton of data as fast as possible.

At least it only happened on the very first import, it's all smooth now!

How about adding an auto-refresh for the current orders (every 5 minutes but maybe configurable) and some sort of alarm sound or popup in case of being undercut by other orders?

Also in the Assets tab a "set destination in EVE" option when clicking the station names in the assets list like the "open in EVE" one in the character orders, of course through the IGB, I think it should allow doing that. It would be useful for hauling (it's too bad that the assets API has such a big cache timer, I hope they eventually add them to CREST so hopefully the timer can be shorter).

Edit: Please add some sort of sound feedback when successfully copying a price through the new hotkey
Pete Butcher
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#207 - 2014-12-10 22:06:57 UTC
Zetsubou Gakusei wrote:
Pete Butcher wrote:
Zetsubou Gakusei wrote:

At least it only happened on the very first import, it's all smooth now!

How about adding an auto-refresh for the current orders (every 5 minutes but maybe configurable) and some sort of alarm sound or popup in case of being undercut by other orders?

Also in the Assets tab a "set destination in EVE" option when clicking the station names in the assets list like the "open in EVE" one in the character orders, of course through the IGB, I think it should allow doing that. It would be useful for hauling (it's too bad that the assets API has such a big cache timer, I hope they eventually add them to CREST so hopefully the timer can be shorter).

Edit: Please add some sort of sound feedback when successfully copying a price through the new hotkey

There is an autoupdate feature with email notifications. Although i cant remeber if it imports prices too. Sounds seem like a nice option.

Side note: damn, writing something on ios is a pain. How can people use this crap?

Zetsubou Gakusei
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#208 - 2014-12-10 22:13:59 UTC  |  Edited by: Zetsubou Gakusei
Pete Butcher wrote:

Side note: damn, writing something on ios is a pain. How can people use this crap?

(try installing swiftkey if you got the latest IOS version, it's the best android keyboard so it should be better than the default IOS one has)

Anyway whenever I import in the character orders tab it imports all several thousands of orders, I don't know why it's making so many even though I don't have many items right now, maybe it's not importing only the ones I have in orders right now? To save time it should import only these

Edit: for some reason the import hotkey (ctrl+shift+space) only worked the first few times and then it stopped, I don't know why but it's not copying the right price anymore
Pete Butcher
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#209 - 2014-12-11 05:26:31 UTC
Zetsubou Gakusei wrote:
Pete Butcher wrote:

(try installing swiftkey if you got the latest IOS version, it's the best android keyboard so it should be better than the default IOS one has)

Anyway whenever I import in the character orders tab it imports all several thousands of orders, I don't know why it's making so many even though I don't have many items right now, maybe it's not importing only the ones I have in orders right now? To save time it should import only these

Edit: for some reason the import hotkey (ctrl+shift+space) only worked the first few times and then it stopped, I don't know why but it's not copying the right price anymore

When you import prices, you actually import all the orders for given item in given region. For me it's about 25k orders, so it's not unusual. As for the hotkey, maybe you reached the end of the list?

Binadas
Overload This
TURBOFEED OR GLORY
#210 - 2014-12-13 03:20:42 UTC
Hi, first of all thanks so much for this amazing free tool which you have kindly provided! Big smile The latest version using CREST is just unbelievable.
The new fast price copy is an idea with amazing potential but I have one small suggestion if you have time to look at it. It would be nice to be able to view only outbid orders on the 'Character Orders or 'Corporation Orders' tabs. You already provide a price status filter for 'Ok', 'No data' and 'Data too old.' Including an outbid filter would be excellent.
As it stands the new fast price copy feature cycles down through all orders, but it would be even quicker if you could somehow select only overbid orders and cycle through those.
Additionally if this suggestion were implemented, you would be able to use the 'Overbid Items' list on the in-game browser feature to click threough only overbid orders, and save time used scrolling through all of your orders to get to the overbid ones. I realise its probably a massive task developing this tool, but thought you may appreciate suggestions.
Thanks for all the hard work!
Pete Butcher
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#211 - 2014-12-13 15:46:59 UTC
OS X version is now available.

Pete Butcher
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#212 - 2014-12-13 15:48:24 UTC
Binadas wrote:
Hi, first of all thanks so much for this amazing free tool which you have kindly provided! Big smile The latest version using CREST is just unbelievable.
The new fast price copy is an idea with amazing potential but I have one small suggestion if you have time to look at it. It would be nice to be able to view only outbid orders on the 'Character Orders or 'Corporation Orders' tabs. You already provide a price status filter for 'Ok', 'No data' and 'Data too old.' Including an outbid filter would be excellent.
As it stands the new fast price copy feature cycles down through all orders, but it would be even quicker if you could somehow select only overbid orders and cycle through those.
Additionally if this suggestion were implemented, you would be able to use the 'Overbid Items' list on the in-game browser feature to click threough only overbid orders, and save time used scrolling through all of your orders to get to the overbid ones. I realise its probably a massive task developing this tool, but thought you may appreciate suggestions.
Thanks for all the hard work!

You can filter orders that way now. Take a look at script filtering functionality.

Mory Monet
Global Tilt
#213 - 2014-12-15 10:38:16 UTC  |  Edited by: Mory Monet
Little bug when setting time format to yyyy-mm-dd: linky

Edit: Nevermind, I'm stupid -_-.
Binadas
Overload This
TURBOFEED OR GLORY
#214 - 2014-12-15 18:08:59 UTC
Hi Pete. I took a good look at the script functionality in the help section of your website. I've tried a number of ways to filter the Orders on my 'Character Orders' tab to only show overbid ones.
Many of the other script examples are easy to do, such as "order.price < 100000" which I can get to work with various values. The 'overbid' property, however I have had no luck with. When I try "order.overbid", all of my orders show, whether overbid or not.
"order.overbid = 0" shows nothing, while anything above 0 shows my full list again. This property doesn't seem to work with '>' or '<' as other properties in the list do. I have also tried combinations of "order.diff" "order.diff = 0 ", generating a blank list, and with order.diff erqualing anything above 0, a full list which doesn't filter overbid items.
I apologise as I have no knowledge of programming or scripts, but have grasped so far that an order object followed by a full stop and a property will filter order objects with that property. I didn't understand how to use the overbid property. The instructions say it 'represents the closest external order, which is an object of type ExternalOrder with additional properties' This implies I can use the object 'ExternalOrder' as I had used 'Order' above, but when used it returns 'cannot find variable'
I'd appreciate any help you might be able to give on this, I'm sure it isn't difficult for some but I have no knowledge in manipulating the syntax of coding languages. Cheers
Pete Butcher
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#215 - 2014-12-15 18:15:45 UTC
Binadas wrote:
Hi Pete. I took a good look at the script functionality in the help section of your website. I've tried a number of ways to filter the Orders on my 'Character Orders' tab to only show overbid ones.
Many of the other script examples are easy to do, such as "order.price < 100000" which I can get to work with various values. The 'overbid' property, however I have had no luck with. When I try "order.overbid", all of my orders show, whether overbid or not.
"order.overbid = 0" shows nothing, while anything above 0 shows my full list again. This property doesn't seem to work with '>' or '<' as other properties in the list do. I have also tried combinations of "order.diff" "order.diff = 0 ", generating a blank list, and with order.diff erqualing anything above 0, a full list which doesn't filter overbid items.
I apologise as I have no knowledge of programming or scripts, but have grasped so far that an order object followed by a full stop and a property will filter order objects with that property. I didn't understand how to use the overbid property. The instructions say it 'represents the closest external order, which is an object of type ExternalOrder with additional properties' This implies I can use the object 'ExternalOrder' as I had used 'Order' above, but when used it returns 'cannot find variable'
I'd appreciate any help you might be able to give on this, I'm sure it isn't difficult for some but I have no knowledge in manipulating the syntax of coding languages. Cheers

Ahh, I really need to redo the help page some day. The overbid property is an object, not a number. It has its own properties listed here with additional properties diff and diffRatio. For example: if you want to see orders which have been overbid for at least 10ISK, use:

order.overbid.diff >= 10

Rischwa Amatin
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#216 - 2014-12-15 19:36:24 UTC
Thank you for your work!

Are you sure though that your fast price copy system is not in breach of the EULA/ToS?
If I understand it right (maybe I don't)someone a two years ago got banned using something very similar. See e.g. http://www.themittani.com/news/eve-uni-botting-controversy

The relevant part of the [EULA](http://community.eveonline.com/support/policies/eve-eula/): Conduct A.3: You may not use your own or any third-party software, macros or other stored rapid keystrokes or other patterns of play that facilitate acquisition of items, currency, objects, character attributes, rank or status at an accelerated rate when compared with ordinary Game play. You may not rewrite or modify the user interface or otherwise manipulate data in any way to acquire items, currency, objects, character attributes or beneficial actions not actually acquired or achieved in the Game.
Pete Butcher
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#217 - 2014-12-15 19:53:51 UTC
Rischwa Amatin wrote:
Thank you for your work!

Are you sure though that your fast price copy system is not in breach of the EULA/ToS?
If I understand it right (maybe I don't)someone a two years ago got banned using something very similar. See e.g. http://www.themittani.com/news/eve-uni-botting-controversy

The relevant part of the [EULA](http://community.eveonline.com/support/policies/eve-eula/): Conduct A.3: You may not use your own or any third-party software, macros or other stored rapid keystrokes or other patterns of play that facilitate acquisition of items, currency, objects, character attributes, rank or status at an accelerated rate when compared with ordinary Game play. You may not rewrite or modify the user interface or otherwise manipulate data in any way to acquire items, currency, objects, character attributes or beneficial actions not actually acquired or achieved in the Game.

Heh, I just replied to you on Reddit when I saw the notification. I'll copy-paste it here:

I am aware of that EULA point and I can assure you Evernus does not breach it. A breach would occur if new prices were fed into the client, which as I recall, was the case with E-UNI. Evernus simply copies the price to the clipboard without the hassle of switching focus, clicking etc. Any action taken within the Eve client, must be done manually by the user - Evernus has absolutely no interaction with it.

Rischwa Amatin
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#218 - 2014-12-15 20:14:41 UTC  |  Edited by: Rischwa Amatin
I'll just post my answer from reddit here, too, so that players reading here can make up their mind, too.
Maybe i'm just overinterpreting, but I'd like to get some more input as to why this does not breach the EULA, before i'd use it myself :).

Quote:

I am aware of that EULA point and I can assure you Evernus does not breach it. A breach would occur if new prices were fed into the client, which as I recall, was the case with E-UNI. Evernus simply copies the price to the clipboard without the hassle of switching focus, clicking etc. Any action taken within the Eve client, must be done manually by the user - Evernus has absolutely no interaction with it.

No, afaik it was very similar to your approach citing from the linked article:
Quote:
he was a station trader, and a very good one at that, playing trade markets in EVE like a professional, using the common tools available, as well as custom built tools, but never automating anything to do with the EVE client himself - the closest he ever got was probably to create custom in-game-browser pages to streamline his workflow, meaning he would log into an alt, and update around 30 orders a minute for 10-20 minutes at a time.

Constantly updating orders within 2s was deemed as bot like. This sounds very much like what you are doing to me. And the breach would be in acquisition of items/currency at an accelerated rate when compared with ordinary Game play.
Pete Butcher
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#219 - 2014-12-15 20:21:58 UTC
Rischwa Amatin wrote:
Quote:
he was a station trader, and a very good one at that, playing trade markets in EVE like a professional, using the common tools available, as well as custom built tools, but never automating anything to do with the EVE client himself - the closest he ever got was probably to create custom in-game-browser pages to streamline his workflow, meaning he would log into an alt, and update around 30 orders a minute for 10-20 minutes at a time.

Constantly updating orders within 2s was deemed as bot like. This sounds very much like what you are doing to me. And the breach would be in acquisition of items/currency at an accelerated rate when compared with ordinary Game play.

From what I remember they did find him using some kind of botting software. Of course if someone from CCP finds Evernus breaching the line, I will have to disable this feature, but at the moment I find it functionally no different than copying from eg. an Excel sheet. The only technical difference is that Evernus creates a system-wide shortcut for copying, while Excel doesn't. None of this need the Eve client and in any way interface with it. The whole copy-paste optimization is contained within Evernus and is not Eve-related.

Rischwa Amatin
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#220 - 2014-12-15 20:35:44 UTC
Pete Butcher wrote:
Rischwa Amatin wrote:
Quote:

From what I remember they did find him using some kind of botting software. Of course if someone from CCP finds Evernus breaching the line, I will have to disable this feature, but at the moment I find it functionally no different than copying from eg. an Excel sheet. The only technical difference is that Evernus creates a system-wide shortcut for copying, while Excel doesn't. None of this need the Eve client and in any way interface with it. The whole copy-paste optimization is contained within Evernus and is not Eve-related.

Okay, I didn't remember the botting software part.
Unfortunately the line is not completely clear (and cannot be, it's not CCPs fault). I can see your point and agree it is technically not on a completely different level than an excel sheet, I would still be afraid it increases your "throughput" a lot (several times). And you are probably closer to a bot than to a normal user in your performance.
I just wanted to be sure you/the users are aware of it. Everybody has to decide for him/herself as in my experience CCP unfortunately does not give clear answers to questions regard those grey areas. :/
And just to make that clear again: I don't want to take anything away from you. I'm grateful for your work for the EVE community and think you deserve praise for it :).