These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Crius Feedback

First post First post
Author
Lauresh Thellere
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#261 - 2014-07-23 15:43:13 UTC
Is it possible to get CCP to add formatting to mineral numbers? Trying to read 22222222 Tritanium is downright painful and it would bring it into line with other parts of the game such as the market which uses commas to break up the number.
Sambridg Nadeo
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#262 - 2014-07-23 15:45:05 UTC
I am looking into teams as is the rest of the indy guys in my corp, I have some quesitions:

Can I find a list of all of the teams that I have placed bids on for monitoring whether ive been out bid or not.

Associated with the above,
Can I find a list of all of the teams that have bids to relocate to a specific system,
EG. I bid on a team and my corpies want to bid on the same team so we don't double up or miss out on winning the auction when I'm offline.

Cheers,

Nadeo
Hevymetal
POT Corp
#263 - 2014-07-23 15:45:13 UTC
This industry UI is huge. I run at a much lower resolution then most players because of my bad eyesight. There is currently no way to scale or reduce the industry window. This makes it totally unusable at 800x600 (Yeah I know not really supported but I still use it because of being almost blind I'm sure other use this as well) and almost unusable at 1024x786.

Please allow for resizing the window or at least scale it properly for the current resolution.
Meytal
Doomheim
#264 - 2014-07-23 16:28:16 UTC
Ray Kyonhe wrote:
I don't have any objections to production and research paradigm's change. I just pointing the fact that someone's over-obsession with unification adds additional havoc where it could be avoided. Tell me, for what good reason we can't have separate leveling range for t2 BPCs, going from from 0% to 20% (they could keep 0-10% range for regular BPOs/BPCs if it needed), to keep old material requirments in place? To keep old effectivness of decryptors (which now became much more useless than even before)? Can you poing it out? Of course, aside from the fact you will need a couple of additional brain cells to hold these two ranges in memory simultaneously, and that it's not totally unifed one, nice-looking and all round-up system. This pursuit for good and flashy picture which looks nice on surface despite it ruins more vital stuff under the hood starts to inflict too much disaster to merely shrug it off.

Invention is slated to be overhauled in an upcoming release (the next one, maybe?); they could have made more widespread changes, but they would have ended up throwing all of that out when they revamped invention. I'm not a CCP dev, but at least from the perspective of non-CCP software development, if you know a change is coming up to a part of the codebase then you are VERY disinclined to do much with it before that development cycle begins, especially if you're just going to throw it out later anyway. This covers decryptors and why they're currently "meh".

As for multiple ME calculations, what benefit does it offer for the added code complexity of maintaining multiple systems?

I mean, sure, I'm all for lowering my production costs, but lower production costs will mean lower final market prices, so we're just back where we started. People are still going to skim the margins as tight as they can to make a profit. They will do this whether costs were the same as before, whether they were lower than before, or whether they are 1000x higher than before. I do this, you (presumably) do this. Anyone who produces for sale does this. And if you do it right, you can make obscene profits.

The idea is to produce an item, sell it at a profit, and make as much profit as you possibly can while still selling your product at an acceptable rate of turnover. It doesn't matter what the materials cost is, the market will adjust to a buy price and sell price based on whatever that material cost is.

If you produce for yourself or your corp, you're in the same boat. Your costs are going to increase. But guess what, the market costs are going to increase as well. During this period of chaos, maybe margins on some items might change and we all might need to re-evaluate what we manufacture for sale. That's just part of manufacture and industry in general and often happens on a daily basis already.

Don't just ask for a materials cost reduction for the sake of materials cost reduction.
It won't accomplish anything for the industrialist and it's a waste of developer time.
Don Aubaris
#265 - 2014-07-23 16:32:29 UTC
Hegia Rilemack Opper wrote:
Starbase Reprocessing Array

I would love to see same kind of dialogbox/window open as I do when reprocessing something in station Blink



This is not on the issue list? Reprocessing in an array just gives minerals without any feedback on the reprocessing percentage upfront. That's not acceptable. Certainly since people now must remember to use a clone with an implant to get to the magic number.
Ravock Seti
Kojimachi Industrial
#266 - 2014-07-23 16:33:11 UTC
Yongtau Naskingar wrote:
The industry window is huge O.o It barely fits in the minimum window size.



I agree. Can't resize unbearable really.

in battle anything can happen. in war everything will happen

Ravock Seti
Kojimachi Industrial
#267 - 2014-07-23 16:40:46 UTC
Sambridg Nadeo wrote:
I am looking into teams as is the rest of the indy guys in my corp, I have some quesitions:

Can I find a list of all of the teams that I have placed bids on for monitoring whether ive been out bid or not.

Associated with the above,
Can I find a list of all of the teams that have bids to relocate to a specific system,
EG. I bid on a team and my corpies want to bid on the same team so we don't double up or miss out on winning the auction when I'm offline.

Cheers,

Nadeo




And I Can't find one either. I can't find a list I have bid on. No notifications that you have been out bid. No way to track if a TEAM is bid on that may change to a region / system that you are working to your benefit. Those would be nice. And a way to collaborate with bidders in your area! So as a group perhaps one could muster enough isk as a group to outbid when needed.

Of course the whole "team' thing should just be chucked out the window as far as I am concerned.
RAV

in battle anything can happen. in war everything will happen

Manic Velocity
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#268 - 2014-07-23 16:44:45 UTC
I noticed that upon first viewing of a blueprint, all of the required materials were showing zeros, despite the fact that I had the requisite amounts of each. It appears that the Industry window cannot see the materials located in any station containers.

In order for me to run a manufacturing job, I have to drag the needed materials out of their station container and drop them into the station hangar. Only then does the Industry interface recognize that I have everything I need.

It seems a little backwards to me that the Industry window can see blueprints that are located in station containers, but it can't see the materials needed to manufacture from said blueprints. Unless of course I move them into the station hangar. Is this by design?

"The most punchable face in New Eden."

Be excellent to each other.

Twitter | Twitch | YouTube

Ray Kyonhe
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#269 - 2014-07-23 16:56:26 UTC  |  Edited by: Ray Kyonhe
Meytal wrote:

As for multiple ME calculations, what benefit does it offer for the added code complexity of maintaining multiple systems?

Well, if you are employed in software development you for shure have to be familiar with "don't fix what works perfectly" metarule. Invention economy have worked quit good for years, there was no need to change it so much. And it's not about maintaining different system, the system stay the same - t2 BPCs' ME reduces the amount of materials under the same formula regular BPC/BPO's ME does, and decryptors change ME/PE under some rules. It just the maximum size of this reduction what is different for t2 BPCs. Look, the formula is "Base_mats - ME*Base_mats" is the same, only "ME" changes here, it has greater upper limit for t2 BPCs. Is this compicated too much?
Meytal wrote:

I mean, sure, I'm all for lowering my production costs, but lower production costs will mean lower final market prices, so we're just back where we started.

At least 2 consequences can be named right away:
1) Those who created a huge stockpile of those t2 goods beforehand now may start to control respective markets, forcing the price which will be on brink of profitability for others, but still profitable for them - like in this old incident with Extra materials, which lead to many spaceships' production became unprofitable for years. And yet they have done the same mistake again now.
2) It basically will lead to raising final cost of t2 goods to end users(after old stocks have sold out), and only for the sake of good, clean picture, nicely rounded to number of 10 in some BPC's field. You don't account for impact it will cause on playerbase other than industrialists.

Survey/voting system inbuilt to the game client: link_Reforming corp and taxation system: link_New PvE content (reward collective gameplay): link

Xela Kcaneoh
The Pirates Of Orion
#270 - 2014-07-23 16:58:49 UTC
I immediately reject the premise that humanoid workers would be required to manufacture anything other than hand carvings in this Eve century. Whoever thought of that should not be working in the sci-fi department. Or the reality department.

I demand a fully robotic assembly array with no preposterous fake taxes for WH and nullsec POS owners. We earn this space constantly through our hard work, and we fuel the POS which powers the array. Why would humanoid work be required to assemble these components? We have nano-factories, but I have to hire somebody to hand-assemble my Ishkur? Incorrect. F-

The unbelievable nature of the premise makes this tyrrany tax insulting. Insulting to our intelligence, insulting to science, and insulting to the reality of manufacturing in the future.

You have destroyed the freedom aspect of WH life, which is really our entire reason for being here. We don't want to pay any government for our existence. Can we no longer do that in this game?

We will only consent to your tyrrany tax if you are willing to send Tax Collectors to try and get it from us!

Seagull craps on everything.

Argent Rotineque
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#271 - 2014-07-23 17:05:17 UTC
Xela Kcaneoh wrote:
I immediately reject the premise that humanoid workers would be required to manufacture anything other than hand carvings in this Eve century. Whoever thought of that should not be working in the sci-fi department. Or the reality department.

I demand a fully robotic assembly array with no preposterous fake taxes for WH and nullsec POS owners. We earn this space constantly through our hard work, and we fuel the POS which powers the array. Why would humanoid work be required to assemble these components? We have nano-factories, but I have to hire somebody to hand-assemble my Ishkur? Incorrect. F-

The unbelievable nature of the premise makes this tyrrany tax insulting. Insulting to our intelligence, insulting to science, and insulting to the reality of manufacturing in the future.

You have destroyed the freedom aspect of WH life, which is really our entire reason for being here. We don't want to pay any government for our existence. Can we no longer do that in this game?

We will only consent to your tyrrany tax if you are willing to send Tax Collectors to try and get it from us!


Ok, along with the end of the Tyrrany tax also get rid of NPC buy orders for blue loot. It's equally preposterous that there is a never-ending demand for junk.
DeMichael Crimson
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#272 - 2014-07-23 17:07:22 UTC
Caldari 5 wrote:
And my pet peeve because I need to repeat it, for the love of god put labels on things. Especially things like RAM that all use the same icon, and Datacores etc
(I personally would not know which mineral is which without hovering over them and it slows down the usage of the interface)
I'm not asking for much just some Text labels, same as what is in the standard view of your hangar. Label under icon.

This 100%. Same thing with the Reprocessing UI as well.

All CCP Dev's should be required to play the game first before actually making any changes.

Don't know why CCP thought the text info should be changed into large clunky icons that require mouse over just to view a large clunky tool tip that barely gives any info.

Please give option to toggle between text or icons.

And add some setting options for the tool tips too.



DMC

Vaju Enki
Secular Wisdom
#273 - 2014-07-23 17:13:56 UTC  |  Edited by: Vaju Enki
Xela Kcaneoh wrote:
I immediately reject the premise that humanoid workers would be required to manufacture anything other than hand carvings in this Eve century. Whoever thought of that should not be working in the sci-fi department. Or the reality department.

I demand a fully robotic assembly array with no preposterous fake taxes for WH and nullsec POS owners. We earn this space constantly through our hard work, and we fuel the POS which powers the array. Why would humanoid work be required to assemble these components? We have nano-factories, but I have to hire somebody to hand-assemble my Ishkur? Incorrect. F-

The unbelievable nature of the premise makes this tyrrany tax insulting. Insulting to our intelligence, insulting to science, and insulting to the reality of manufacturing in the future.

You have destroyed the freedom aspect of WH life, which is really our entire reason for being here. We don't want to pay any government for our existence. Can we no longer do that in this game?

We will only consent to your tyrrany tax if you are willing to send Tax Collectors to try and get it from us!


Their shouldn't be POS's in WH space.

CCP, fix WH in the next patch, remove POS's from WH space.

The Tears Must Flow

Little Dragon Khamez
Guardians of the Underworld
#274 - 2014-07-23 17:23:37 UTC
It's not compulsory to use teams though? I've just manufactured a small T1 item as a test and like what I see. Are you given a default team or can you still make things on your own?

Dumbing down of Eve Online will result in it's destruction...

Lady Rift
His Majesty's Privateers
#275 - 2014-07-23 17:24:46 UTC
Little Dragon Khamez wrote:
It's not compulsory to use teams though? I've just manufactured a small T1 item as a test and like what I see. Are you given a default team or can you still make things on your own?



using teams just gives a bonus. it can still be done without teams
Meytal
Doomheim
#276 - 2014-07-23 17:46:12 UTC
Ray Kyonhe wrote:
(arguing just to argue)

Have fun!
Trox Aeze
MILLITECH
#277 - 2014-07-23 18:04:26 UTC
The Good:
No more cap on assembly lines \o/


The Bad:
UI on Industry window in terrible. Too much wasted space.
When it is opened, it always defaults to Blueprints. I want to see Jobs first.

Can't complete multiple jobs at a time. Its one or all. Not all jobs are mine to finish.

Invention - Success Rations been crippled. Normally for a T2 Cruiser I get 4-6 successful jobs per 10 batch.
The last two days been 3 and 2.

Material usage on Inventions is up by 20% using the top decryptor.

BPO/BPC has to be in POS array, foolish requirement, extra layer of inconvenience for manufacturers.
Zaxix
State War Academy
Caldari State
#278 - 2014-07-23 18:09:13 UTC
Vaju Enki wrote:
Their shouldn't be POS's in WH space.

CCP, fix WH in the next patch, remove POS's from WH space.

I assume you're joking and/or trolling. Mostly because you've been trolling all the way through the thread. I'm surprised the devs haven't edited you out of existence yet.

Bokononist

 

Ray Kyonhe
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#279 - 2014-07-23 18:09:51 UTC
Meytal wrote:
Ray Kyonhe wrote:
(arguing just to argue)

Have fun!

Deliberately closing your eyes on arguments laid out by me won't make them dissapear.

Survey/voting system inbuilt to the game client: link_Reforming corp and taxation system: link_New PvE content (reward collective gameplay): link

Theo Sotken
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#280 - 2014-07-23 18:28:26 UTC  |  Edited by: Theo Sotken
Don Aubaris wrote:
Hegia Rilemack Opper wrote:
Starbase Reprocessing Array

I would love to see same kind of dialogbox/window open as I do when reprocessing something in station Blink



This is not on the issue list? Reprocessing in an array just gives minerals without any feedback on the reprocessing percentage upfront. That's not acceptable. Certainly since people now must remember to use a clone with an implant to get to the magic number.


Can't touch the POS code. Was mention before.

Edit : I suggest going to a station before refining at the POS to check your refining percentages.