These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

[Kronos] Hyperspatial Accelerator Modules

First post First post
Author
Jack Hareka
Monks of War
#101 - 2014-05-22 08:59:48 UTC
How about to add speed bonus to this modules?

Kagura Nikon
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#102 - 2014-05-22 10:21:36 UTC
Meandering Milieu wrote:
CCP Fozzie wrote:
Gustav Mannfred wrote:
Why limited to 3 per ship, when they dont give realy much warp speed increase?

Because of Avatar.

Just saying, with full T2 warp rigs, and an Ascendancy set, and 8 of these mods, if they don't stack, you would get 6.2 AU/second.

Is that really such a terrifying concept? I mean that would be a terribly fit titan, and a fringe case. Not even a cap pilot, just curious as to why that would be a problem.

Did you ever fought at the time you had nano ragnaroks able to align and warp within 10 secodns after activatign their AOE doomsdays?

Those thigns leave scars at developers and player psyque that takes time to heal.

"If brute force does not solve your problem....  then you are  surely not using enough!"

Rek Seven
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#103 - 2014-05-22 10:49:48 UTC  |  Edited by: Rek Seven
Kagura Nikon wrote:
Meandering Milieu wrote:
CCP Fozzie wrote:
Gustav Mannfred wrote:

Because of Avatar.

Just saying, with full T2 warp rigs, and an Ascendancy set, and 8 of these mods, if they don't stack, you would get 6.2 AU/second.

Is that really such a terrifying concept? I mean that would be a terribly fit titan, and a fringe case. Not even a cap pilot, just curious as to why that would be a problem.

Did you ever fought at the time you had nano ragnaroks able to align and warp within 10 secodns after activatign their AOE doomsdays?

Those thigns leave scars at developers and player psyque that takes time to heal.

What has align time got to do with warp speed?
Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#104 - 2014-05-22 11:14:09 UTC
Hmm another low-sec buff? There have been quite the series of these in the last few weeks; Warp speed mods, Mordus BPCs, the new low-grade pirate implants, extra wormholes. This on top of the sec status tags.

Not that I'm complaining helping lo-sec by any means. If nothing else, this gives an unanswerable response to people who complain that there's no reason to operate in lo-sec, but it kind of feels like "well let's make every new thing exclusive to Lo-sec, regardless of whether it has anything to do with lo-sec or not, until Lo is PvE-buffed enough that we can ignore any complaints about it".

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Steve Ronuken
Fuzzwork Enterprises
Vote Steve Ronuken for CSM
#105 - 2014-05-22 11:45:59 UTC
Malcanis wrote:
Hmm another low-sec buff? There have been quite the series of these in the last few weeks; Warp speed mods, Mordus BPCs, the new low-grade pirate implants, extra wormholes. This on top of the sec status tags.

Not that I'm complaining helping lo-sec by any means. If nothing else, this gives an unanswerable response to people who complain that there's no reason to operate in lo-sec, but it kind of feels like "well let's make every new thing exclusive to Lo-sec, regardless of whether it has anything to do with lo-sec or not, until Lo is PvE-buffed enough that we can ignore any complaints about it".

The thing is, you don't need to live in low to get these. Entry to low is easy. So people can go day tripping from highsec, giving those fine upstanding lowsec citizens people to help get home, for the low low price of your ship and everything in it.

Woo! CSM XI!

Fuzzwork Enterprises

Twitter: @fuzzysteve on Twitter

baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#106 - 2014-05-22 11:51:56 UTC
Colman Dietmar wrote:
I understand that these are aimed at capital ships. It would be nice if there were percentage-based warp speed mods (as in, not weaker than warp rigs), something subcaps could also benefit from.

Again, a percentage based mod would help the already fast ships a lot more than the slow ships that need them. They would cause balance issues.
Tim Ryder
Flippin DaBird Corporation 2
#107 - 2014-05-22 12:13:16 UTC
Let's just hope that these don't turn out to be 450m/each or something, Or worse. Not holding my breath since I still remember the non-release of the 'Magpie' Mobile Tractor Unit...
Reaver Glitterstim
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#108 - 2014-05-22 17:10:34 UTC  |  Edited by: Reaver Glitterstim
CCP Fozzie wrote:
Gustav Mannfred wrote:

Because of Avatar.

Why do you need more than 3? Orca has only 2 low slots.

All joking aside, I do hope these modules are temporary placeholders to test their impact before releasing easier to obtain versions. Also, while I do like that they will be good for slow warping ships, I don't like that they will be lousy for the fast warpers. It's okay I guess, since there still are the percentage-based rigs.

I'm not sure how I feel about this module. I'll have to wait and see.

FT Diomedes: "Reaver, sometimes I wonder what you are thinking when you sit down to post."

Frostys Virpio: "We have to give it to him that he does put more effort than the vast majority in his idea but damn does it sometime come out of nowhere."

Shpenat
Ironman Inc.
Transgress
#109 - 2014-05-22 17:16:44 UTC  |  Edited by: Shpenat
Can anyone explain me why are these modules hard capped at 3 per ship instead of being stacking penalized?
Reaver Glitterstim
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#110 - 2014-05-22 17:17:16 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
Colman Dietmar wrote:
I understand that these are aimed at capital ships. It would be nice if there were percentage-based warp speed mods (as in, not weaker than warp rigs), something subcaps could also benefit from.

Again, a percentage based mod would help the already fast ships a lot more than the slow ships that need them. They would cause balance issues.

Not necessarily. The slow ships generally have more low slots. They also generally have more powergrid. If it cost, say, 10-15 MW, it would still be usable on interceptors, though most people wouldn't put one on anything faster than a blockade runner, and even just given that it takes a low slot, you still probably wouldn't commonly see them on anything faster than a heavy interdictor.

FT Diomedes: "Reaver, sometimes I wonder what you are thinking when you sit down to post."

Frostys Virpio: "We have to give it to him that he does put more effort than the vast majority in his idea but damn does it sometime come out of nowhere."

Reaver Glitterstim
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#111 - 2014-05-22 17:18:41 UTC
Shpenat wrote:
Can anyone explain me why are these modules hard capped at 3 per ship instead of being stacking penalized?

Read my quote a few posts above. Fozzie explained it already.

Shpenat
Ironman Inc.
Transgress
#112 - 2014-05-22 17:22:11 UTC
The basic idea is to help slow moving ships more than fast moving ships. The only way to do it is with flat icnrease.
Shpenat
Ironman Inc.
Transgress
#113 - 2014-05-22 17:27:03 UTC
Reaver Glitterstim wrote:
Shpenat wrote:

Read my quote a few posts above. Fozzie explained it already.

Unfortunately he did not.

He explained why they are limited to 3 per ships since they are not stacking penalized. That make sense.

My question is why are they not stacking penalized?

With stacking penalization you can achieve the same effect as with hard limit without any arbitrary limit.
Alexis Nightwish
#114 - 2014-05-22 17:29:46 UTC
Barton Breau wrote:
baltec1 wrote:

The mods will provide .3 AU each. Nothing will modify them, what see is what you get.

CCP Fozzie wrote:
Dav Varan wrote:

Are these additons to warp speed made before rig/implant mulitpliers or after ?

Before.

Haha doh! I need to learn to read.

CCP approaches problems in one of two ways: nudge or cludge

EVE Online's "I win!" Button

Fixing bombs, not the bombers

Paul Panala
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#115 - 2014-05-22 18:00:55 UTC
What is the thinking behind a max number vs a stacking penalty? Why should warp speed modifiers work different than every other modifier?
Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#116 - 2014-05-22 18:28:25 UTC
Malcanis wrote:

Not to derail further (this of course, means I'm goign to derail this thing even further), I've noticed that too, and while i have no problem with it per se, I do think it's an example of CCP continuing to follow a failed and ancient risk vs reward design.

Low sec already has the best possible missions (lvl 5s), it's exploration content drops what I would argue is the best deadspace gear (a pithum C type invul will get you more isk right now than ANY Pith X item , for example), it has the cone/tag things, faction warfare and coming soon, Mordus BPC dropping ships, implants and the BPCs to these new warp speed mods.

What it all means is simply that the people already braving low sec (+ WH and null people maybe) will go maybe go for these things, or they end up like lvl 5s: either ignored for the most part of some organized group comes in and locks down the constellation and farms. The latter is actually worse than the former, because instead of encouraging fights and content creation it could actually serve to stifle such activities (no one wants to fight a blob over low sec space).

I understand not wanting to put there new things in sov null. But instead of stacking them all in low sec for whatever reasoning CCP has, i think it would be better if things like this were available in some balanced fashion in NPC null, low wormholes space and even high sec.

Saisin
Chao3's Rogue Operatives Corp
#117 - 2014-05-22 18:34:54 UTC
Gustav Mannfred wrote:

Because they do not have stacking negative effects, as per the design of most other modules, so the limitation is hard coded in. I would have preferred to see the follow the usual module stacking penalties, with a greater bonus initially, without getting beyond .6 increase... Also, the relevant rigs will also multiply that bonus ..

Vote Borat Guereen for CSM XII

Check out the Minarchist Space Project

Quod Cogitatio
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#118 - 2014-05-22 18:43:22 UTC
Useless modules with such low + and limitations.
MJD for BC will be fully "ranged". 100km... em. BC do not need such distance at all. But such utility module will have total stupid limitation. It's pity.
dexter xio
Dead Game.
#119 - 2014-05-22 19:37:18 UTC
Helllloooo Nyx.....

Dead Game.

Maraner
The Executioners
#120 - 2014-05-22 22:57:57 UTC
Steve Ronuken wrote:
Malcanis wrote:

The thing is, you don't need to live in low to get these. Entry to low is easy. So people can go day tripping from highsec, giving those fine upstanding lowsec citizens people to help get home, for the low low price of your ship and everything in it.

\o/