These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

[Kronos] Freighters and Jump Freighters Rebalance [Updated]

First post First post First post
Author
Nevyn Auscent
Broke Sauce
#2681 - 2014-06-10 22:00:28 UTC
Arya Regnar wrote:
Please remove ability to fit adaptive nanoplating to jump freighters.

It is gamebreaking.

http://i.imgur.com/9UIlILF.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/pwy4m8U.jpg

Yea, 169k Cargo space is game breaking on a ship that will jump before it's invuln undock timer wears off half the time.
Oh, you chose to focus on the other singular aspect than looking at the downsides they pay for that.

Personally, if someone wants to put 3 bil in officer mods on their JF, and accept that cargo downsize & a max slave set & max links, they can have 1 Million EHP. That's 3 Bil closer to being worth ganking after all. Those mods count against ganking profitability also.
Rowells
Blackwater USA Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#2682 - 2014-06-10 22:13:00 UTC
Arya Regnar wrote:

It is gamebreaking.

Nobody has ever complained about the Rorqual doing this (albeit not in highsec). I don't even need shiny mods to beat that tank.
Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#2683 - 2014-06-10 22:24:50 UTC
Rowells wrote:
Arya Regnar wrote:

It is gamebreaking.

Nobody has ever complained about the Rorqual doing this (albeit not in highsec). I don't even need shiny mods to beat that tank.

You can't bring a Rorqual to highsec, as has been mentioned. Which is the entire problem with the JF changes. The amount of ships and dps you need to kill a freaking JF in highsec now is absurd.

These changes do almost nothing to the people using a JF to move large items or large quantities through space across distances. It does have an effect on people moving high value, small size items through highsec, as they are now functionally invincible.

I do not think that is a good thing.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Sarrein Razor
RazorEnterprise
#2684 - 2014-06-11 02:56:00 UTC
Ganking and EHP have never been a problem for me, as i dont use my freighter to move high value stuff. What i move 99% of the time is ores to a refinery station where i have perfect standings, so my cargo value rarely reaches 500 million.

And i dont know about other people, but i use autopilot in highsec very often, especially when i am busy doing other stuff on my other toons.

Also, as a Freighter V Char i get 22.6% Bonus on Cargo with Expanders while losing 28% of (Sublight)Speed.

And regarding Jump Freighers, the moment u need these 1 Mil. EHP u did something terribly wrong (not to mention that u need a Slave Set and other expensive Implants to reach that EHP even with the Ark, i dont run permanently on slave sets, i prefer +5 implants for my non super chars).

Also, in my entire eve career i did never ever use a bot. If u have doubts, feel free to ask ccp about it. And until u can come up with evidence that proves otherwise: STFU.

These changes have been poorly thought out and from what i have seen, no one realy asked for them and as far as i see it the only thing they do accomlish is to **** people off (being freigher pilots or gankers).
Arya Regnar
Darwins Right Hand
#2685 - 2014-06-11 10:09:03 UTC
You can still get 800k ehp with under 1 bil implants and under 400m fittings on a ship that costs 7b

And reward for that is being invincible.

If there is a 100man gang waiting for you your alt can see it, if you get bumped you jump out and anything less than that just straight won't kill you.

EvE-Mail me if you need anything.

Lady Rift
His Majesty's Privateers
#2686 - 2014-06-11 14:40:38 UTC
Arya Regnar wrote:
You can still get 800k ehp with under 1 bil implants and under 400m fittings on a ship that costs 7b

If there is a 100man gang waiting for you your alt can see it, if you get bumped you jump out and anything less than that just straight won't kill you.

you don't need any implants or low slots to jump out.
ISD Ezwal
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
ISD Alliance
#2687 - 2014-06-11 23:14:14 UTC
I have removed some rule breaking posts and those quoting them. As always I let some edge cases stay.
Please people, keep it on topic and above all civil!

The Rules:
4. Personal attacks are prohibited.

Commonly known as flaming, personal attacks are posts that are designed to personally berate or insult another forum user. Posts of this nature are not beneficial to the community spirit that CCP promote and as such they will not be tolerated.

ISD Ezwal Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Rowells
Blackwater USA Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#2688 - 2014-06-15 06:59:15 UTC
Any word on those jump drive modules yet?
Arya Regnar
Darwins Right Hand
#2689 - 2014-06-15 12:36:45 UTC
Lady Rift wrote:
Arya Regnar wrote:

you don't need any implants or low slots to jump out.

Which is exactly why JFs shouldn't have that much EHP.

EvE-Mail me if you need anything.

Lolmer
Merciless Reckoning
#2690 - 2014-06-18 19:05:32 UTC  |  Edited by: Lolmer
Perhaps I'm doing this wrong, but my understanding is that I'm supposed to be able to fit Reinforced Bulkheads to my freighter, however in the game right now (2014-06-18), all Reinforced Bulkheads' Show Info from the Market shows that they need 16-40 tf of CPU to fit, but the freighter (Obelisk here) has only 1.2 tf of CPU available.

Sorry if this was answered earlier in the thread, but eve search sucks and I didn't want to page through 137 pages to find one question/answer. :( The OP itself mentions Reinforced Bulkheads:

So we expect that most Freighter and Jump Freighter pilots will use their three low slots to mix and match the following modules to meet their needs:
CCP Fozzie wrote:
So we expect that most Freighter and Jump Freighter pilots will use their three low slots to mix and match the following modules to meet their needs:
Expanded Cargoholds
Reinforced Bulkheads
Hyperspatial Accelerators (warp speed modules)
Inertia Stabilizers
Overdrive Injector Systems
(For certain armor tanking fits) Adaptive Nano Platings
(For Jump Freighters) Capacitor Power Relays
(For Jump Freighters after the Crius release) Jump Fuel Conservation Modules

However, when I go to actually fit the Reinforced Bulkhead, it uses up 0 tf of CPU. :)

Show Info from fitted Reinforced Bulkhead II = 0 tf
Show Info from Market for Reinforced Bulkhead II = 40 tf.
Rowells
Blackwater USA Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#2691 - 2014-06-18 19:33:32 UTC
Lolmer wrote:
Perhaps I'm doing this wrong, but my understanding is that I'm supposed to be able to fit Reinforced Bulkheads to my freighter, however in the game right now (2014-06-18), all Reinforced Bulkheads' Show Info from the Market shows that they need 16-40 tf of CPU to fit, but the freighter (Obelisk here) has only 1.2 tf of CPU available.

Sorry if this was answered earlier in the thread, but eve search sucks and I didn't want to page through 137 pages to find one question/answer. :( The OP itself mentions Reinforced Bulkheads:

CCP Fozzie wrote:
Expanded Cargoholds
Reinforced Bulkheads
Inertia Stabilizers

However, when I go to actually fit the Reinforced Bulkhead, it uses up 0 tf of CPU. :)

check stats on freighter bonuses, 100% reduction in CPU requirements
Lolmer
Merciless Reckoning
#2692 - 2014-06-18 19:37:50 UTC
Rowells wrote:
Lolmer wrote:

CCP Fozzie wrote:
Expanded Cargoholds
Reinforced Bulkheads
Inertia Stabilizers

check stats on freighter bonuses, 100% reduction in CPU requirements

Face -> Palm, thanks!
McNab DK1977
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#2693 - 2014-07-22 15:08:17 UTC
So what happened to the jump fuel reduction modules ??
aesona Tsutola
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#2694 - 2014-07-23 06:05:55 UTC
Also curious when those fuel conservation modules are due. 50% increase in fuels to jump around made the patch ;( which is how i make a living in the game so this was very tough on us haulers.
Balder Verdandi
Wormhole Sterilization Crew
#2695 - 2014-08-29 15:53:43 UTC
aesona Tsutola wrote:
Also curious when those fuel conservation modules are due. 50% increase in fuels to jump around made the patch ;( which is how i make a living in the game so this was very tough on us haulers.

This is why I've repeatedly said CCP doesn't know their own game.

You've reduced the amount we can haul, increased the amount of fuel used to jump, I'm not sure how far I can jump now as the wiki isn't updated so trying to find out what I can do versus what I could do is aggravating (I'm being nice on this point, and no you don't want to know what I really want to say since ISD's are "editting" posts), oh and the best part is we're even more limited on moving the larger items (TCU's, SBU's, CSAA's, etc.) so even if we were in null-sec trying to move this stuff from a station to where it's needed, even in system, becomes asinine.

Thanks guys, I needed this slap in the face to the other industry related nerfs.
Ragori Mitternacht
Yamato Tech Solutions
Sleep Reapers
#2696 - 2014-10-17 05:11:29 UTC  |  Edited by: Ragori Mitternacht
I have been getting mixed things and I posted this before my corp could update me on things that were happening.