These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

[Kronos] Blockade Runner Rebalance

First post First post
Author
Jezza McWaffle
Lazerhawks
L A Z E R H A W K S
#101 - 2014-05-18 07:54:42 UTC
Swapping around the bonus that currently players cant scan you to NPC's can't scan you would be a great help. Drugs are already hard enough to come by without using a specific seller already.

Wormholes worst badass | Checkout my Wormhole blog

TrouserDeagle
Beyond Divinity Inc
Shadow Cartel
#102 - 2014-05-18 07:55:26 UTC
Belinda HwaFang wrote:
Gypsio III wrote:
Please remove the immunity to cargo scanning. This will make it much safer to autopilot around in highsec in an empty BR, while not affecting anyone who is flying manually with valuable cargo, because of the cloak.

Currently, the scan immunity bonus essentially means that you can't AP around in an empty BR, you have to fly it manually everywhere. This can be a real pain.

That's the whole point of the ship. You are using the wrong ship for AFK hauling. Try the (new improved) DST, or an Orca, or a new nerfed freighter, or a T1 indy.

the scan immunity is pointless though. if you're ever even lockable in a BR while carrying stuff, you're terrible.
Ix Method
Doomheim
#103 - 2014-05-18 08:23:04 UTC
No ******* around, just did things right. Love you.

Travelling at the speed of love.

Belinda HwaFang
Coreli Corporation
Pandemic Legion
#104 - 2014-05-18 08:47:31 UTC
TrouserDeagle wrote:

the scan immunity is pointless though. if you're ever even lockable in a BR while carrying stuff, you're terrible.

Pointless or not, personally I have no need to be autopiloting BR's around, so I don't see why it should be changed. Cargo scan immunity is one of the unique aspects of the ship. even if the chance of being locked is very small without a decloak.

My BR has been locked before, once by a tower when I was a bit slow anchoring a siphon for the first time, and once when i was decloaked running a dictor camp, though I was able to recloak after getting into warp.

I understand why some of you want this change (yes I've seen the Shadow Cartel BR ganks) , but personally I would still prefer it to be left as is. I don't see why this niche ship should ever be considered a good AFK hauler for any value of cargo due to its ridiculous warp speed.

I believe each ship should have its place and that there should be diversity in ships.
TrouserDeagle
Beyond Divinity Inc
Shadow Cartel
#105 - 2014-05-18 08:55:13 UTC
Belinda HwaFang wrote:
TrouserDeagle wrote:

Pointless or not, personally I have no need to be autopiloting BR's around, so I don't see why it should be changed. Cargo scan immunity is one of the unique aspects of the ship. even if the chance of being locked is very small without a decloak.

My BR has been locked before, once by a tower when I was a bit slow anchoring a siphon for the first time, and once when i was decloaked running a dictor camp, though I was able to recloak after getting into warp.

I understand why some of you want this change (yes I've seen the Shadow Cartel BR ganks) , but personally I would still prefer it to be left as is. I don't see why this niche ship should ever be considered a good AFK hauler for any value of cargo due to its ridiculous warp speed.

I believe each ship should have its place and that there should be diversity in ships.

a pos or dictor camp isn't going to suicide gank you in highsec with 2 destroyers when you're empty
James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#106 - 2014-05-18 08:55:48 UTC
These changes look pretty good except you should move the cargo scan immunity from BR where it's completely useless to DST where, you know, they may actually get locked and scanned since they're not covert ops ships.

Enjoying the rain today? ;)

Gypsio III
Questionable Ethics.
Ministry of Inappropriate Footwork
#107 - 2014-05-18 09:25:31 UTC
Belinda HwaFang wrote:
Gypsio III wrote:
Please remove the immunity to cargo scanning. This will make it much safer to autopilot around in highsec in an empty BR, while not affecting anyone who is flying manually with valuable cargo, because of the cloak.

Currently, the scan immunity bonus essentially means that you can't AP around in an empty BR, you have to fly it manually everywhere. This can be a real pain.

That's the whole point of the ship. You are using the wrong ship for AFK hauling. Try the (new improved) DST, or an Orca, or a new nerfed freighter, or a T1 indy.

I'm not AFK hauling, that's the entire point! I just want to be able move an empty BR back to base without having to manually fly it. Every hauler can safely AP around highsec when empty - with the exception of the blockade runners. The cargo scan immunity removed this ability. It's mental!
Anathema Device
State War Academy
Caldari State
#108 - 2014-05-18 09:38:53 UTC
Gypsio III wrote:
Belinda HwaFang wrote:
Gypsio III wrote:

I'm not AFK hauling, that's the entire point! I just want to be able move an empty BR back to base without having to manually fly it. Every hauler can safely AP around highsec when empty - with the exception of the blockade runners. The cargo scan immunity removed this ability. It's mental!

It doesn't matter what Transport Ship you are using there is still a chance of being ganked for the LOLs. E.g. my empty Occator in HiSec wasn't safe from a ganking attempt. The Blockade Runners have something unique and I can't accept that they should lose this for HiSec autopiloting safety.
Arla Sarain
#109 - 2014-05-18 09:41:57 UTC
CCP Fozzie wrote:
Omnathious Deninard wrote:
The velocity bonus doesn't help much, and on all at1 industrials it was awitched to agility which is mountains better on this kind of ship.

Yes, an agility bonus would be more powerful. That doesn't mean it's the best bonus to give the ship.

Considering that the deceleration has been changed to -2AU/s/s due to inties insta-warping gate-to-gate and the mass of these ships,
would these ships even spend more than 2 seconds at max warp speed? Unless it's big systems with something like 80AU in radius.
James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#110 - 2014-05-18 10:07:29 UTC
Anathema Device wrote:
Gypsio III wrote:
Belinda HwaFang wrote:
Gypsio III wrote:

It doesn't matter what Transport Ship you are using there is still a chance of being ganked for the LOLs. E.g. my empty Occator in HiSec wasn't safe from a ganking attempt. The Blockade Runners have something unique and I can't accept that they should lose this for HiSec autopiloting safety.

No, you're right.
They should lose it because it's useless.

Enjoying the rain today? ;)

Sweet Times
Riptide Riot
#111 - 2014-05-18 10:30:32 UTC
why are you messing with the mass of the prowler its agility is the reason i prefer it this is not a boost its a nerf

why is everything to do with transporting stuff around getting nerfed while at the same time you want industry to spread out

kronos is going to affect the market in eve more than anythig else maybe we should all just move to jitta and do everything there pvp industry all in 1 system and **** the rest of eve
Sweet Times
Riptide Riot
#112 - 2014-05-18 10:44:50 UTC
why have you nerfed the prowlers agility by so much the abilit to align and warp quickly is the reason these ships are so good at what they do and hard to catch all i see is a nerf to it by these changes if it wasnt nerfed enough in the last major patch by the warp speed changes stop killing my game plz ccp

im getting so pissed off with all these nerfs maybe its time to play a new game that doesent **** me off so much
Digger Pollard
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#113 - 2014-05-18 11:05:54 UTC
Let me put it simple (apparently, Fozzie needs this simplicity very badly):

NOBODY CARES ABOUT BLOCKADE RUNNERS

Those ships have obscene cost, useless options, and pointless strengths.
After this rebalance they keep obscene cost, get more useless options, and receive a buff to pointless strengths.

It's probably a record-setting rebalance in terms of amount of changes per impact on actual game.
Rowells
Blackwater USA Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#114 - 2014-05-18 11:40:39 UTC
Digger Pollard wrote:
Let me put it simple (apparently, Fozzie needs this simplicity very badly):

NOBODY CARES ABOUT BLOCKADE RUNNERS

Those ships have obscene cost, useless options, and pointless strengths.
After this rebalance they keep obscene cost, get more useless options, and receive a buff to pointless strengths.

It's probably a record-setting rebalance in terms of amount of changes per impact on actual game.

Who pissed in your cheerios? people use these things all the time. An d nothing but buffs means they just got more fun.
Rowells
Blackwater USA Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#115 - 2014-05-18 11:44:26 UTC
Arla Sarain wrote:
CCP Fozzie wrote:
Omnathious Deninard wrote:
The velocity bonus doesn't help much, and on all at1 industrials it was awitched to agility which is mountains better on this kind of ship.

Yes, an agility bonus would be more powerful. That doesn't mean it's the best bonus to give the ship.

Considering that the deceleration has been changed to -2AU/s/s due to inties insta-warping gate-to-gate and the mass of these ships,
would these ships even spend more than 2 seconds at max warp speed? Unless it's big systems with something like 80AU in radius.

yes. at full skills they are just shy of inty speed and will warp in a similar fashion. When they set the 2AU/s rule they didnt change the acceleration at all.
Gregor Parud
Imperial Academy
#116 - 2014-05-18 11:45:47 UTC
Gypsio III wrote:

Seconding this. There's zero logical reasons for a BR to have scan immunity, if the pilot is active he's pretty much immune to it any way and if afk moving while empty it just creates risk where none is needed. I'm not seeing the need or logic behind it other than "they're not intended for high sec use" which, this being a sandbox, is a weird stance to have.
Jattila Vrek
Green Visstick High
#117 - 2014-05-18 11:52:15 UTC
I don't like the cargo space buff. If you want DSTs to have a role anywhere then one of their distinguishing features is their larger cargo bay. Adding more cargo space to BRs just makes it harder to give DSTs any role at all. BRs are already very popular, if you want DSTs to see use, that can only happen if other ships (incl. BRs) are used less.

I.m.o.:
- BR moves valuable stuff fast through hi- and lowsec
- DST can move larger volumes and can move relatively safe in nullsec
TheButcherPete
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#118 - 2014-05-18 12:13:54 UTC
This change.

It is awesome, apply this same level awesomeness to Freighters now.

Blockade Runners don't need a buff just as bad as a Freighter doesn't need a nerf.

[b]THE KING OF EVE RADIO

If EVE is real, does that mean all of us are RMTrs?[/b]

Irregessa
Obfuscation and Reflections
#119 - 2014-05-18 13:07:17 UTC
Derath Ellecon wrote:
Irregessa wrote:
Can't see a reason to use the prowler now. It used to be the only BR that could fit a cloak and a probe launcher. That gave it a niche use that compensated for the lower cargo space. Now it is just a BR with the least cargo room.

Too bad. It was an interesting ship for its niche use.

Shame you apparently didn't look at stats. it also gains cargo (only 100m3 base lower than a Viator) and an additional low to offset its lower cargo.

I have looked at the stats. Why would you use a prowler over a viator? The latter has the same number of lows, more cargo (albeit only 100m3 more at base) and a better align time. The only reason I can see to use the prowler after these changes is that you presently can only fly a prowler and can't be arsed to train any of the others. Tank/sig radius are inconsequential - Fozzie says as much by calling the former tank bonuses useless. If you are locked while flying in a BR, you are doing something wrong and going to pay for it.
Sweet Times
Riptide Riot
#120 - 2014-05-18 13:56:03 UTC
These type of changes to ships are the reason why people quit playing games .

when a dev a change the reason why you spend weeks training into being able to use a ship at the stroke of a pen.

the prowler the most agile of the ships (which is what you want from a blockade runner fast warp off the gate after cloaking) is now the worst at doing this . What is the thinking behind this . with a blockade runner you want to get from a to b the safest way the prowler did this for me so i trained for it its now been nerfed to be the worst at this .Why fix something which wasnt broken .

I cant understand why you would do this as for the warp speed bonus going from 6 au to 7.5 lol it wasnt too long ago you nerfed this as they used to go 13 au all in all stop tinkering with ships that dont need tinkering with your becoming a real pain in the butt fozzie

this crap is the reason why people get anoyed were these changes discussed with the csm why was there any need to change them .