These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Test Server Feedback

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Audio Customization in the ESC menu

First post
Author
Masao Kurata
Perkone
Caldari State
#81 - 2014-06-13 12:42:35 UTC
From the Kronos 1.2 patch notes: "The feature to mute an inactive client works now as expected when the client window is minimized or when the windows button was utilized."

...not so much I'm afraid. Minimizing yes, context switching with the windows key... no. This is still not working correctly.
CCP WhiteNoiseTrash
C C P
C C P Alliance
#82 - 2014-06-13 19:03:06 UTC
Masao Kurata wrote:
From the Kronos 1.2 patch notes: "The feature to mute an inactive client works now as expected when the client window is minimized or when the windows button was utilized."

...not so much I'm afraid. Minimizing yes, context switching with the windows key... no. This is still not working correctly.

hmm. it does here.
I'll look into it.

which version of windows are you on?

Bjørn Jacobsen | Deceased Audio Designer | EVE Online & EVE : Valkyrie | CCP Games | I might be slow at replying - but at least I'm bad at football.

Masao Kurata
Perkone
Caldari State
#83 - 2014-06-14 10:43:13 UTC
CCP WhiteNoiseTrash wrote:
hmm. it does here.
I'll look into it.

Windows 7 SP1, using fixed window EVE. It mutes when I press win then unmutes when I click the taskbar or anything on it. There must be a more reliable way of detecting a context switch than whatever you're using now.
Snopzet
Inglourious Squirrels
That Escalated Quickly.
#84 - 2014-06-15 08:37:03 UTC
Masao Kurata wrote:
hmm. it does here.
I'll look into it.

Windows 7 SP1, using fixed window EVE. It mutes when I press win then unmutes when I click the taskbar or anything on it. There must be a more reliable way of detecting a context switch than whatever you're using now.

+1

Using "windows-d" or "windows-down arrow" works now, but if you simply press the windows-key and then on anything on the task-bar, the sound returns. :(
Masao Kurata
Perkone
Caldari State
#85 - 2014-07-21 18:34:37 UTC
...you don't consider this fixed, surely? There's been a month of silence on the issue but no silence when I bring up my taskbar and switch to another application.
marVLs
#86 - 2014-07-22 11:34:19 UTC
All those changes are awesome but please CCP WhiteNoiseTrash do someting with eve music i mean there's so little tracks in game, and those expansion main themes are never ever heard again in the game :/ im still thinking the biggest thing that makes eve atmosphere are those incredible climatic tracks
CCP WhiteNoiseTrash
C C P
C C P Alliance
#87 - 2014-07-29 08:47:28 UTC
bridge was up. sorry about that. (summer holiday)
I created a few subjects on this internally to get this fixed.

I believe the problem is the same as with windows key Down and D, as the client for some reason automatically named itself active again just after having said it was inactive. The correct people are checking this out.

Music, nothing I can do. Sorry.
The audio director is planning some changes for now, that's all I can say.

Bjørn Jacobsen | Deceased Audio Designer | EVE Online & EVE : Valkyrie | CCP Games | I might be slow at replying - but at least I'm bad at football.

helana Tsero
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#88 - 2014-07-30 00:31:48 UTC
Any chance we can have the wormhole activation (jump) noise seperated from the wormhole hum noise (and mass reduction noise) ?

and an option with this seperation in the inactive client settings.

Reason - if i have a alt listening for people coming in to the WH.

I dont need the constant WH hum and definetely dont need the roar when its mass reduced.

Would make WHolers lives much more pleasant

"...ppl need to get out of caves and they will see something new.... thats where eve is placed... not in cave."  | zoonr-Korsairs |

Meanwhile Citadel release issues: "tried to bug report this and the bug report is bugged as well" | Rafeau |

CCP WhiteNoiseTrash
C C P
C C P Alliance
#89 - 2014-07-30 18:39:25 UTC
helana Tsero wrote:
Any chance we can have the wormhole activation (jump) noise seperated from the wormhole hum noise (and mass reduction noise) ?

I dont need the constant WH hum and definetely dont need the roar when its mass reduced.

uhm. can't verify right now. but pretty sure the jump fader turns down the jump only and the one for wormholes or gates turns down the hum.

not sure about the mass reduction sound, but I'll check out how it's linked. but I made it earlier so that you could kill the ambiance of the hole and hear only jumps.

Xer Jin
Hedion University
Amarr Empire
#90 - 2014-07-31 07:22:15 UTC
helana Tsero wrote:

uhm. can't verify right now. but pretty sure the jump fader turns down the jump only and the one for wormholes or gates turns down the hum.

not sure about the mass reduction sound, but I'll check out how it's linked. but I made it earlier so that you could kill the ambiance of the hole and hear only jumps.

back in the day i would just min my client and the hum would stop but you would still hear jumps and mass changes it was great since i sat on whs a lot and ran security for my corp during ops if i would sit an alt one the wh and min the clent and if i heard an activation i would call it out it but i think CCP WhiteNoiseTrash is correct that hum is linked to the gate ambiance slider and jumps and mass are linked to the gate activation slider working as intended on my end
CCP WhiteNoiseTrash
C C P
C C P Alliance
#91 - 2014-08-02 06:15:56 UTC
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgwB3cinXmU

Isn't THIS the hum you were talking about?