These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

[Kronos] Factional Warfare Complex Improvements

First post First post First post
Author
Bienator II
madmen of the skies
#581 - 2014-06-08 04:25:45 UTC  |  Edited by: Bienator II
Vincintius Agrippa wrote:
If your not in fw, you should really have no say. period.

there is no difference between neutrals or wartargets. A wartarget gang can chase you out of the plex and a neutral gang can chase you out of the plex (even a friendly gang can do this if they want). Plexing mechanics have to deal with both but there is no reason to distinguish between those. If you hold the line you can plex - if not you can't thats it.

Its about sov/ownership of space and docking rights after all. In past the system was so broken that nobody based out of the warzone anymore with very few exceptions.

how to fix eve: 1) remove ECM 2) rename dampeners to ECM 3) add new anti-drone ewar for caldari 4) give offgrid boosters ongrid combat value

Vincintius Agrippa
Crimson Serpent Syndicate
#582 - 2014-06-08 06:57:12 UTC
Was plexing and rat spawned like 9 times. im brawl fit and have to hug beacon. after killing the rat and getting back on beacon, rat spawn again 15-20km upwards, happened multiple times. So I figured id stay by the outpost and burn back to warp in beacon. No. rat spawns 30-40 seconds later another 15-20 km away....... takes a minute to kill them. turns a 20 minutes medium into 25-30 minutes.

And you cant even run larges anymore. takes 3-4 minutes to kill the bc, and 30-40 seconds another one shows up. jeesh.
Only YOU can prevent internet bullying!
Yuri Antollare
Moira.
#583 - 2014-06-09 03:36:40 UTC
Yep and the bots/cloaky farmers are back. I used to be able to top their influence on the system. Now that cloaks have been ruined for hunters and not farmers, I can't do anything about it.

CCP, how do I get rid of bot inside plex already? I had methods but you broke them, please advise why you would buff bots.
Cearain
Plus 10 NV
#584 - 2014-06-09 04:02:36 UTC
Yuri Antollare wrote:
Yep and the bots/cloaky farmers are back. I used to be able to top their influence on the system. Now that cloaks have been ruined for hunters and not farmers, I can't do anything about it.

CCP, how do I get rid of bot inside plex already? I had methods but you broke them, please advise why you would buff bots.

Why do you think these are bots?

Make faction war occupancy pvp instead of pve https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=53815&#post53815

Syd Unknown
#585 - 2014-06-09 09:37:19 UTC  |  Edited by: Syd Unknown
Yuri Antollare wrote:

If they are bots just report them....

Also:

Inside the plex it makes no sense to have the "warp-in beacon" always on zero on your overview, but with the Capture Point (also known as "the button" it makes PERFECT sense, since as long as you are within range of the capture point (wich will then be 0) it will keep running the timer. So please make the Capture Point have the radius of 30k at wich you are at 0 and not the warp-in beacon.

This makes it possible to orbit the warp-in beacon at your optimal ranges again and shows where the enemy will warp in.
It is very confusing to always have the warp in beacon at 0.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE change this, and please give confirmation if any DEV reads this.

THANK YOU!
Arla Sarain
#586 - 2014-06-10 20:17:37 UTC
The new NPCs are really bad. It takes like 600 Void to kill the frig from electron blasters. I don't carry these around in thousands cos I expect to come across PvP and a loss of a ship would be a loss in cargo.

Keep the frig respawn but you have to nerf their defenses. They deter from FW i
Veskrashen
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#587 - 2014-06-11 13:55:53 UTC
Arla Sarain wrote:
The new NPCs are really bad. It takes like 600 Void to kill the frig from electron blasters. I don't carry these around in thousands cos I expect to come across PvP and a loss of a ship would be a loss in cargo.

Keep the frig respawn but you have to nerf their defenses. They deter from FW i

You could try using something bigger than light electron blasters, and not orbiting since Void has a tracking penalty. Even then, two unbonused Light Electron Blaster IIs throw more than enough to kill the frigates. You'll need damage mods and/or more than two unbonused guns to kill the destroyers, however.

I'm rather happy with the new NPC tanks, and love what it's done for the warzone so far.

We Gallente have a saying: "CCP created the Gallente Militia to train the Fighters..."

Lady Rift
His Majesty's Privateers
#588 - 2014-06-11 15:07:20 UTC
Bienator II wrote:

Its about sov/ownership of space and docking rights after all. In past the system was so broken that nobody based out of the warzone anymore with very few exceptions.

Not very long ago you could base out of anywhere as who owned the system and who owned more systems overall didn't matter at all cause it had no affect on anything other than bragging rights
Sgt Ocker
What Corp is it
#589 - 2014-06-12 11:08:39 UTC
Yuri Antollare wrote:

I have a feeling you don't know what a bot is.
As for topping a farmers influence, that's easy - Finish the plexes of those who warp out or cloak.
I think you should try running some plex's, real bots got nerfed big time, farmers are adapting. Something you could try instead of making silly comments.

My opinions are mine.

If you don't like them or disagree with me that's OK.- - - - - - Just don't bother Hating - I don't care

It really is getting harder and harder to justify $23 a month for each sub.

Jakad Jaxon
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#590 - 2014-06-13 08:46:38 UTC
CCP Fozzie wrote:

As of Kronos, the NPCs in FW complexes will respawn on a randomized timer after the previous NPC is destroyed. There will never be more than one NPC spawned at once.

http://puu.sh/9rsow/405b9f30cd.jpg

Welp..
Madbuster73
State War Academy
Caldari State
#591 - 2014-06-13 11:18:34 UTC
Jakad Jaxon wrote:
CCP Fozzie wrote:

As of Kronos, the NPCs in FW complexes will respawn on a randomized timer after the previous NPC is destroyed. There will never be more than one NPC spawned at once.

Welp..

Not the only welp.
They also welped that instead of the Capture Point has the 30km radius they have the warp in Beacon have the radius.
Wich is very confusing.

And now they unsticked this topic because they "dont care"

Veskrashen
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#592 - 2014-06-13 11:47:30 UTC
Madbuster73 wrote:
Jakad Jaxon wrote:
CCP Fozzie wrote:

Welp..

Not the only welp.
They also welped that instead of the Capture Point has the 30km radius they have the warp in Beacon have the radius.
Wich is very confusing.

And now they unsticked this topic because they "dont care"

Actually the warp-in beacon is a Large Collidable Object called "Beacon". The other beacon called "Faction Size Outpost" or whatever is the one currently colocated with the button. This allows them to adjust the size of the cloak exclusion zone while keeping the capture radius of the button the same.

Add LCOs to your overview and you'll be able to see the warpin beacon on your overview again.

We Gallente have a saying: "CCP created the Gallente Militia to train the Fighters..."

Arla Sarain
#593 - 2014-06-13 13:19:06 UTC
Thought the NPCs were meant to be a DPS check not a time sink.
Veskrashen
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#594 - 2014-06-15 11:06:25 UTC
Arla Sarain wrote:

They are. You're just not bringing enough DPS to finish them off in a timely manner.

Vincintius Agrippa
Crimson Serpent Syndicate
#595 - 2014-06-16 04:16:35 UTC
Veskrashen wrote:
Arla Sarain wrote:

They are. You're just not bringing enough DPS to finish them off in a timely manner.

And here I though 450 dps would be enough :(
Only YOU can prevent internet bullying!
Domanique Altares
Rifterlings
#596 - 2014-06-16 04:37:21 UTC
Arla Sarain wrote:
The new NPCs are really bad.

Apparently they're not the only ones. What have you been training for the past six months?
Jimbob Rock
Pew Pew Pirates
#597 - 2014-06-19 10:34:27 UTC
OP Faction Warfare plex rats and spawn frequency!

Since Kronos you have made it extremely difficult for solo pilots to fight in offensive plexes. Rats spawn to often, usually when a war target is about to enter the plex, and they apply too much damage. I have many examples of this but here is the most recent -

http://justk.eve-kill.net/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=24045068 - link doesnt work :(

I have to say that up to 33% damage from a rat in a small plex if unforgivable and it this is not tweaked I will have to only defensive plex fight, which is obviously not the idea behind FW.

Please give us solo guys a chance!!!!

A very angry Jimbob Rock
Cearain
Plus 10 NV
#598 - 2014-06-19 14:00:47 UTC
I just really hope ccp starts to focus on ways players can fight for plexes instead of ways to have npcs do it.

These changes are a mixed bag. I don't know whether on the whole they are good or bad. But its pretty clear they aren't substantial progress toward giving more small scale pvp options in eve.

FW PVP is down quite a bit. Yeah it's summer, but it was summer before the changes took effect.

Make faction war occupancy pvp instead of pve https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=53815&#post53815

Baron' Soontir Fel
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#599 - 2014-06-19 21:14:54 UTC
They really should have kept covert ops cloaks still usable in plex sites.

If farmers are willing to put a T2 ship on the line to farm, I can do the same to catch them. And doing sites in stealth bombers will be much harder now with the rep buffs.

What I'm really looking forward to is CCP not just giving us this one patch, and calling quits on FW for a year. I really hope they continue to release small patches/tweaks every 2-3 months.
Master Sergeant MacRobert
Red Sky Morning
The Amarr Militia.
#600 - 2014-06-19 21:44:47 UTC
Baron' Soontir Fel wrote:
They really should have kept covert ops cloaks still usable in plex sites.

If farmers are willing to put a T2 ship on the line to farm, I can do the same to catch them. And doing sites in stealth bombers will be much harder now with the rep buffs.

What I'm really looking forward to is CCP not just giving us this one patch, and calling quits on FW for a year. I really hope they continue to release small patches/tweaks every 2-3 months.

They had better realise that FW is actually the best hope of countering a sharp subscription drop. If they implement about 9-10 improvements they might just keep their ageing player base .

If they don't offer a good environment for casual play and more immersion I think they will lose a lot of the players that now have careers, women and children to occupy their spare time.

A lot of ppl playing have been with Eve for 5yrs plus.

The younger hard core players are going to switch to the new Space sims coming out. Lots of them have payed for a Star Citizen already.

"Remedy this situation or you shall live out the rest of your life in a pain amplifier"