These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

I want your little things!

First post First post First post
Author
Knug LiDi
The Dark Space Initiative
Scary Wormhole People
#1481 - 2011-12-14 21:18:39 UTC
I'm sure these have been mentioned before, but I'd like to list them anyway:

1) able to name POS structures - seriously, for those of us in a WH, where folks don't have their own hangars a little naming to help organize folks' stuff would go a long way

2)I want to be able to take control of an abandoned POS. If it has no shield, is offline, dead, and lost in a WH, I should be allowed to either take control or hack it to be able to remove the POS without having to destroy it. To be honest, I should be able to take control (via hacking type skill) to any anchored, but offline, (player) structure. Think about how nice it will be not to have those damned recruiting cans anchored all over the place. Act of agression? sure, no worries. make it like stealing loot. Help us keep space clean.

Ideally, if I force a tower to go offline as it is out of fuel and the shield drops, I should have a chance to hack into each POS module to take control and posession of all the stuff inside. rather than just blow it up and see if anything drops.

3) Any chance of a PI-like interface for POS reaction control? The current system reacts very poorly when you have more than a dozen or so elements in your reaction system. Yes I have that many.

4) And if I have my true I-can-wish-for-anything, fitting a POS should be no different in UI than fitting a ship. Reaction components, ship hangars, etc. should be like T3 subsystems. That way we can fit our POS to be reaction/refining/storage/fitting etc. it would be a consistent look/feel and something the players would be well acquainted with. Offensive subsystem, defensive subsytem, industrial subsystem (maybe more than one ?!?) Maybe call them 'slots' and have hi-med-low like ships, I dunno.

I guess, maybe that way when a player wants to run the POS guns, he "boards" the POS in a similar fashion to boarding a ship. Perhaps POS skills would apply. Put Johnny in a dread or put him in the POS to run the place? what would work better for defense ? technically, the POS tower is smaller than my naglfar, so that's not an issue. Maybe tower offensive systems, defensive systems is a 'capital' skill? ISK sink ?

If only we could fall into a woman's arms

without falling into her hands

Adrian Dixon
Arbitrary Spaceship Destruction
-affliction-
#1482 - 2011-12-14 22:10:18 UTC  |  Edited by: Adrian Dixon
Hi Guys

http://i.imgur.com/MWUkm.jpg
[img]http://i.imgur.com/MWUkm.jpg[/img]

Can you add a on/off option in settings for this UI element?? Its the thing that gives you actions when you hold left click on ships/objects. I keep bringing it up by accident, its really annoying me because when it pops up it makes the mouse panning action very intermitent.
J Kunjeh
#1483 - 2011-12-14 22:11:02 UTC
Sizeof Void wrote:
During extended downtimes (esp. major releases when the web-related services are also taken down), please point www.eveonline.com to a temporary, yet functional, web site (and not the somewhat uninformative "EVE Online is down" page).

This simple web site should include:

a) Updated news on the status of the downtime.
b) A full copy of the patch notes for the release.
c) A single thread forum to allow players to discuss the patch, as well as rant and rave about the downtime.
d) Links to the Clear Skies videos. :)

Or better yet, put the main Eve website (and Eve Gate) on its own server so that it NEVER goes down during extended downtime's. There's just no reason these sites should be going down when the game servers go down.

"The world as we know it came about through an anomaly (anomou)" (The Gospel of Philip, 1-5) 

Kern Hotha
#1484 - 2011-12-14 22:11:39 UTC  |  Edited by: Kern Hotha
Fitting window (the one displayed when browsing fittings or posted as a link)

1. Please make these use the option to reuse a window if available
2. Please make the window remember position and size

We distinguish the excellent man from the common man by saying that the former is the one who makes great demands upon himself, and the latter who makes no demands on himself.

Jose Ortega y Gasset (1883 - 1955)

Andrea Griffin
#1485 - 2011-12-14 22:17:02 UTC
Modules or rigs that affect a ship's heat output / dissipation, allowing a ship to overload modules for a longer period of time or cool down more quickly.

Modules or rigs that reduce a ship's signature radius.

The ability to drag a corporation's name from the corp info window into chat channels.

Non-offensive modules keeping their on or off status between gate jumps.

The ability to start multiple identical production or research jobs at the same time.

The ability to categorize contacts. I would LOVE to have, for example, "War Targets", "War Target Alts", "Mercenaries", "Intelligence", and "Friends" categories - and the ability to delete all of the contacts within a category (for example, when a war is over and I don't need the 100+ WTs anymore).

The ability to set myself as "away", and create an automatic response email whenever someone mails me directly (NOT mail from mailing lists, for example). This way if I'm away from Eve for a week due to work / vacation and people mail me they're not left wondering if I've died!

When a corporation bulletin is created or modified, a corporation mail should be sent letting all members know.

A larger, easier to click overloading button. I very often find myself TURNING OFF my point when I wanted to overload it for some range... Or sometimes I find myself clicking the overload button when I wanted to turn something on. This makes me very sad.

Lady Spank should be a forum moderator.

The ability to toggle the directional scanner range between km and AU. It would be nice to be able to enter "4" into an AU box.

The sliding control for directional scanner radius is very difficult to use at the small end of things. Please space the intervals out evenly, or better yet have a radio button list so that one click is enough to select a radius.

Location agents should provide the ability to reveal a player's NPC standings. We can no longer view them in the character 'Show Info' window, but the information is still around somewhere... Paying for it would help intelligence actions and also be an isk sink.

Re-introduce the old "Pirates Logs" items to the loot table. Turn them into one-time-use items which lead the player to a lowsec exploration site.

Allow the overview coloration settings to also affect the chat listings, so that I could set low-standings people to have a red background for example, instead of just a red star.
ASadOldGit
Doomheim
#1486 - 2011-12-14 22:19:09 UTC
Adrian Dixon wrote:
Hi Guys

http://i.imgur.com/MWUkm.jpg
[img]http://i.imgur.com/MWUkm.jpg[/img]

Can you add a on/off option in settings for this UI element?? Its the thing that gives you actions when you hold left click on ships/objects. I keep bringing it up by accident, its really annoying me because when it pops up it makes the mouse panning action very intermitent.

Adrian, I believe there's an option to change it to your middle mouse button, so that may help, but I don't think you can turn it off (not in-game right now, so can't check).

This signature intentionally left blank for you to fill in at your leisure.

Vincent Athena
Photosynth
#1487 - 2011-12-14 22:41:57 UTC
-A vote for a war dec closes when a deciding number of votes has been cast or 24 hours has past, whichever comes first.

-The cool down for a clone jump is greatly reduced if the jump did not result in a location change. Hard-wired mind transfers are less stressful then long distance transfers.

-While in High sec two pilots or two fleets who want to fight each other may do so without having to resort to meta-gaming methods (like can flipping) to keep CONCORD away.

-A supercap pilot can leave their ship and have it be just as safe as if it were docked. For example, the ship can be anchored and a password is needed to re-board and un-anchor.

-When docking with CQ on, the CQ loading process is paused if the user does anything. The user has top priority at all times.

-If a planet has 2 or more launch pads, clicking on one brings up a window for that pad, automatically closing any window for another launch pad.

-When importing or exporting PI, instead of getting a message "wait x seconds for paperwork", a timer is displayed and the transfer happens when the timer runs out. Similar behavior with submitting edits.

-On the character selection screen, the training status of all the pilots is shown.

-When jumping through a stargate, clicking jump multiple times gives the message "Jump already in progress", not "Session change already in progress".

-The loyalty store has a hierarchical layout like the market.

Know a Frozen fan? Check this out

Frozen fanfiction

Ma Talune
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#1488 - 2011-12-14 22:45:33 UTC
Why are Exotic Dancers 50 KG and 1M3 when Marines are 1000 KG and 2 m3 and then refugees are 400 kg and 1m3 while prisoners use 7,5 m3 for 560 kg... ?

Also groups are related to average human density aka water density:
Group of Marines 60 000 kg for 60 m3
Large Group of Exotic Dancers 400 000 kg for 400 m3
Large Group of Refugees 400 000 kg for 400 m3
Asban
Caustic Fantasy League
#1489 - 2011-12-14 23:25:21 UTC
This is probably not what you'd consider a little thing... but it would be really great if the in game UI for basic navigation could be retooled.

First, the critique... sometimes it feels like I'm "playing windows 95" what with all the menu navigation involved.

Some potential tweaks that immediately come to mind:

when an item is selected in the overview scanner, the potential actions displayed for that item should be customizable based on the type of thing selected. So... I should be able to have a couple orbit buttons set at different preset distances for enemy ships. I should be able to have a couple different warp-to distances set for different types of things as well.

How about a 'set-a-default warp target' feature. Before warping to a fight, you pick a station or a stargate or a planet or a bookmark, designate it... and it pops up in a corner, in muted background tints, or to the left of your ship overview. And this thing should have big honking warp-to/align-to buttons. None of this scrolling to the target, and hotkey clicking it. I shouldn't have to think, just press a key-board button or mash a big, module-sized image for major common navigation.

Obviously, there are a lot of things to interact with in EVE, and lots of ways to interact with those things. But I think you guys are short changing yourselves by shoving it all in drop down menus. Especially for the thing we do constantly, there should be a better, more noob-approachable way. This is a huge challenge, but I'd love to see attempts at tackling it.
Ooda
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#1490 - 2011-12-14 23:50:34 UTC
SehrGute wrote:
faction ass kissing agent. with missions for pure standing rewarded.

This !

my 5 penny's:

1. give us the abilitiy to make a shortcut for "open cargo" (wrecks) and for the new awesome loot all - button, or atleast seperate "open cargo" from "remove wreck from overview" while r-clicking a wreck. Ugh

2. take a look on cruise missile/torp - explosion velocity, even a slowboating BS can reduce torp - dmg through simple moving :/ (especially true for T2 - ammo)

Jim Orland
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#1491 - 2011-12-15 00:07:35 UTC  |  Edited by: Jim Orland
A way to fly in space using the keyboard...
A heading and bearing indicator...

edit: How about adding a way to flag people for notification if they enter or are in local? Some way less obtrusive than a popup that takes focus, though.
Harbinger Battlehore
Pod Scouts of America
#1492 - 2011-12-15 00:08:19 UTC
Hover your cap while in space and have it tell you your time to depletion in seconds under load of current active modules.

ie: I am amarr and I switch crystals, i am being cap drained, I am overheating, I am cap-boosting, i am receiving energy transfer...
ASadOldGit
Doomheim
#1493 - 2011-12-15 02:35:37 UTC
HunterHH wrote:
Sort chat channels by standing?
at least for the local like jita the scrolling is insane sometimes when you know that you have a wardec.

Also, perhaps a grouping option, so that wardecs/reds/-10s etc are grouped at the top of local, then the rest of local below that (a small visual separator line would be enough), with whatever sort order you've chosen for the list.

This signature intentionally left blank for you to fill in at your leisure.

Ma Talune
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#1494 - 2011-12-15 02:50:21 UTC
When logging in why does it not show a UI element saying something trying for "x" seconds to connect - the server seems to be starting - server time is X and servers should be up at X (daily DT counter or extend option set somewhere from your ops)
Irmaus
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#1495 - 2011-12-15 04:23:38 UTC
Please make corporation buy/sell orders be editable by other corp members with given roles.
https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=48351#post48351
Anela Cistine
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#1496 - 2011-12-15 05:53:06 UTC
If you have selected a group of ships in your hanger, it would be nice if the "Change Name" option would still come up, allowing you to rename all the selected ships the same thing. When you fit a bunch of ships at once it is annoying to rename them individually, but flying around in ships named "Yourname's Shiptype" sucks.
Alikchi
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#1497 - 2011-12-15 05:59:49 UTC
It would be cool and useful if you could save documents created with the in-game notepad tool as in-game items.

Possible applications:
- 'Message in a bottle' you can leave behind when you're stranded in a wormhole.
- Something your enemy can pick out of your wreck and read.
Tau Cabalander
Retirement Retreat
Working Stiffs
#1498 - 2011-12-15 06:13:27 UTC  |  Edited by: Tau Cabalander
Fix wallets so that 0.01 doesn't keep sticking in them!

I once read that ISK is calculated to 4 places but only displayed to 2.

I have 2 corp wallets that cannot be emptied. Probably most of my characters across 5 accounts have the same issue.

I've bug reported this. It gets filtered as a known issue. Roll
Traidir
Hedion University
Amarr Empire
#1499 - 2011-12-15 06:51:25 UTC
With the recent change to session timers, perhaps CCP could consider making the Hyperspatial Velocity Optimizer and the skill Hardwiring - Eifyr and Co. 'Rogue' HY-# series affect start up and cooldown times for the warp drive. As it stands, getting to max warp velocity and slowing down from max both take 15 seconds. I assume this was to allow people to finish out their session timer before reaching star gates while traveling. There are many (admittedly already fast) ships who see no benefit from a hyperspatial velocity optimizer since 98-99% of their time in warp is spent on the combined 30 second "start up" and "cooldown" phases, even in large systems. Consequently the listed 20%-25% "bonus" to warpspeed on the HVO amounts to less than 1% change in warping time on these ships. The ships that could use the rig the most (freighters) cant even fit rigs. This change in the server handling of session timers gives a nice opportunity to make the "warp speed bonus" really mean something across all ship platforms.

Also,

Show info windows for stars are displaying erroneous information about them. Most of the infamous A0 blue stars, for example, will be some other stellar classification (such as F6, which would be white rather than blue) according to the show info window. Further, in this example, the stats listed for the star are for the F6 rather than the A0., rending show info on stars not only useless but confusing

Also,

The scanning probe interface behaves oddly at times, with the green "center of scan" focus lines disappearing at odd times. The probe text overlay appearing at odd times and getting in the way of the arrows. And, most annoyingly, the text is perpetually in the way of the "right arrow" if you're looking from the overhead view, such that you have to tilt the view so that the text moves out of the way to drag your probes. Also, a "scale all probes around this point" feature would be nice to cut down on the amount of clicks needed to reposition your probes.

Also,

Setting up jobs for manufacturing or research should have some kind of presets saved client side per blueprint type from previous jobs so that you don't have to constantly reselect input/output bays, installation, and run count. For me at least, I almost always use the same run count, installation, and input/output setup, so this would save a lot of hassle.

Also,

Planetary Interaction should have a "mass select" (maybe even a click and drag select) and set up option, so that you can for example... select several advanced production facilities and set them all simultaneously to a new job type. And after that, set them all to route their goods to a launch pad or storage facility. This would save HOURS (i kid you not) of clicking on factory planets.
Hershman
Creepers Corporation
#1500 - 2011-12-15 07:08:48 UTC
The new API keys. THEY ARE AWESOME!

Put them where they belong... on the new account management page. Right now they're stuck on some sketchball 'support' subdomain on the old site with missing links and a white background page that says its for petition stuff.

I play EVE every day! Follow me at http://www.twitch.tv/matthershman