These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Jester Trek Latest Blog

First post First post
Author
Dave Stark
#1061 - 2014-03-25 22:16:12 UTC
handige harrie wrote:
Dave Stark wrote:
Salvos Rhoska wrote:
Ramona McCandless wrote:
So.... if its not against the EULA of a video game, its ok in real life huh?

Read you, daft cow.

Notice the phrase "its not illegal".
So yes, it is ok in real life.

i'm 100% sure that kicking some one in the face, is not legal. it's assault.

He did state he would not kick, he just stated he would laugh. You are allowed to laugh, you're even encouraged to laugh irl.

Bad reading is however frowned upon, both in real life as on the internet.

so if we're all allowed to laugh at these events, why are people demonising erotica?
Salvos Rhoska
#1062 - 2014-03-25 22:17:06 UTC  |  Edited by: Salvos Rhoska
baltec1 wrote:
Getting someone to sing on comms is nowhere near the same thing.

I dont hear anyone singing gleefully in that recording.

I hear a group of sadists circlejerking with sweaty palms amidst much heavy breathing at the suffering they can inflict on a person outside of the game.
Scipio Artelius
Weaponised Vegemite
Flying Dangerous
#1063 - 2014-03-25 22:17:21 UTC  |  Edited by: Scipio Artelius
What happened here?

It seems like I went to bed just a few hours ago when this was just barely on page 3 and I wake up to page 54.

Erotica 1 certainly seems popular.
Jill Chastot
Black Water Oasis
#1064 - 2014-03-25 22:17:24 UTC
Salvos Rhoska wrote:
Dave Stark wrote:
just going to point out that you've confirmed your stance that running a scam in a game that encourages scams, is to you, less acceptable than physical violence.

I would laugh and applaud if someone kicked Erotica1 in the face at a Fanfest.
Nothing illegal about laughing or applauding, nor is it against EULA.

I would also laugh and applaud if Erotica1 was banned from the game.
Again, nothing illegal about laughing or applauding, nor is it against EULA.

Wouldn't you?

... So assault is okay?

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=298596&find=unread OATHS wants you. Come to the WH "Safety in eve is the greatest fallacy you will ever encounter. Once you accept this you will truely enjoy this game."

Dave Stark
#1065 - 2014-03-25 22:17:33 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
Toshiro Ozuwara wrote:
Dave: This is an irrelevant spaceship game.
Dave: Pardon me while I make 30 important posts about it.

Clear enough now?

Cant speak for Dave but we are well known for our love for posting.

sometimes i do, sometimes i don't.

i fall in and out of love with it, along with the occasional CCP advised vacations.
Gogela
Epic Ganking Time
CODE.
#1066 - 2014-03-25 22:18:19 UTC
I was just thinking about something, listening to that last part of the recording: Think about all the energy the scam victim expended towards the end... I mean, he's tired, it's been a long day, and he's been stressing about the possibility of a scam for 1.5 hours. Then he RAGES for a solid 30 minutes. Nuts. Slamming on the table, shouting, freaking out.

I bet he had a really good night's sleep. I bet he slept like a rock.

As someone with frequent insomnia, I envy that.

I hope he's not taking that for granted. Smile

Signatures should be used responsibly...

Dave Stark
#1067 - 2014-03-25 22:18:39 UTC
Salvos Rhoska wrote:
baltec1 wrote:

I hear a group of sadists circlejerking with sweaty palms amidst much heavy breathing at the suffering they can inflict on a person outside of the game.

guess you didn't get to the end where the "victim" broke out in to a tirade of racial slurs and real life threats, then?
Mag's
Azn Empire
#1068 - 2014-03-25 22:18:56 UTC
Xander Delacroix wrote:
Mag's wrote:
Xander Delacroix wrote:
baltec1 wrote:

Erotica 1 got someone to sing.

You want someone to kick them in the face in RL.

I wonder, which is worse...

Oh God, I'm about to defend Salvos Rhoska... THIS is how bad this is. Still, here goes.

Salvos did not say that he wanted someone to kick E1 in the face, just that he'd laugh and/or applaud 'if' someone did.
So you're defending him in condoning RL violence?

Not at all. I'm pretty sure all of the words I used were English and two syllables or less. I'd be happy to explain any that are beyond you.
Not at all. I just fail to see how anyone could defend his stance. He is after all, condoning violence over a singing contest.

Destination SkillQueue:- It's like assuming the Lions will ignore you in the Savannah, if you're small, fat and look helpless.

baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#1069 - 2014-03-25 22:19:49 UTC
Salvos Rhoska wrote:
baltec1 wrote:

And here you are saying you would find someone assaulting someone else in RL funny. An event that in my country would be delt with via the police arresting them for battery/assault, and section 5 of the public order act.
Salvos Rhoska
#1070 - 2014-03-25 22:19:56 UTC
Dave Stark wrote:
guess you didn't get to the end where the "victim" broke out in to a tirade of racial slurs and real life threats, then?

Was that the part where you finally orgasmed?
Toshiro Ozuwara
Perkone
#1071 - 2014-03-25 22:20:17 UTC
Dave Stark wrote:
context is important, you should understand it before posting.

Dave: Eve is irrelevant unless Dave is talking about it.
Dave: That's called "context". The context is Dave.

It didn't take long to locate the tracking beacon, deep inside the quarters for sleepin' They thought they could get away Not today, it's not the way that this kid plays

Salvos Rhoska
#1072 - 2014-03-25 22:20:48 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
An event that in my country would be delt with via the police arresting them for battery/assault, and section 5 of the public order act.

I dont think even in your country people are arresting for laughing or applauding.
Jacabon Mere
Capital Storm.
Out of the Blue.
#1073 - 2014-03-25 22:20:52 UTC
Dave Stark wrote:
Salvos Rhoska wrote:
baltec1 wrote:

The guy snapped after 2 hours of psychological torture. What he says at that point is really irrelevant.

Capital Storm is recruiting Aussies for Lowsec pvp and money making. Join "Capital Storm Pub" channel ingame. www.capitalstorm.net

Batelle
Federal Navy Academy
#1074 - 2014-03-25 22:21:12 UTC
Xander Delacroix wrote:
Oh God, I'm about to defend Salvos Rhoska... THIS is how bad this is. Still, here goes.

Salvos did not say that he wanted someone to kick E1 in the face, just that he'd laugh and/or applaud 'if' someone did.

Pretty sure both will earn you a visit from the men in black if you're talking about the president.

"**CCP is changing policy, and has asked that we discontinue the bonus credit program after November 7th. So until then, enjoy a super-bonus of 1B Blink Credit for each 60-day GTC you buy!"**

Never forget.

Danalee
Pandemic Horde Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#1075 - 2014-03-25 22:21:17 UTC  |  Edited by: Danalee
Dave Stark wrote:
Salvos Rhoska wrote:
Dave Stark wrote:

I am not causing anyone misfortune by laughing or applauding.

The same cannot be said of Erotica1.

Nice try though!

so why aren't you laughing at the racist who was robbed of 1bn isk of assets? clearly you should be, apparently that's what makes you happy.

you're the biggest hypocrite in this thread, and people like you are undermining any shred of credible argument being put forward by the witch-hunters.

^^^^So much of this^^^

D.

Bear

e: if you really listened, you know it wasn't just at the end... The minute I heard his voice I actually hoped someone would do stuff to him on fanfest and stuff...

Proud member of the Somalian Coast Guard Authority

Member and Juror of the Court of Crime and Punishment

handige harrie
Vereenigde Handels Compagnie
#1076 - 2014-03-25 22:21:29 UTC
I like how Dave Stark tried to derail the thread, to keep it on topic.

Taking someones items etc is fine, I do however think the humiliation in the bonus room is crossing the line.

Im interested in what CCPs official stance is.

Can we use EVE to lure people to TS to bully them into oblivion or should we be nice persons out of game?

Baddest poster ever

Dave Stark
#1077 - 2014-03-25 22:21:52 UTC
Jacabon Mere wrote:
Dave Stark wrote:
Salvos Rhoska wrote:
baltec1 wrote:

The guy snapped after 2 hours of psychological torture. What he says at that point is really irrelevant.

no it's not, it's very relevant. he said things more abhorrent than any other person in that recording.
Toshiro Ozuwara
Perkone
#1078 - 2014-03-25 22:22:12 UTC
Dave Stark wrote:
why are people demonising erotica?

Ride that white horse Dave. Be the hero Erotica1 needs and deserves.

It didn't take long to locate the tracking beacon, deep inside the quarters for sleepin' They thought they could get away Not today, it's not the way that this kid plays

Kadl
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#1079 - 2014-03-25 22:22:14 UTC
Forum Clone 77777 wrote:
Another message Im seeing in this thread, mostly by the defenders of the "victim", is that CCP should directly police what is being said on teamspeak.

Thats what Im seeing, really? This is insane.

Sometimes we see our fears even when they are not really there. That is not the argument being made by many of the people who found Erotica1's activities reprehensible. CCP needs to consider their game's reputation when dealing with scamming and harassment. Obviously CCP wants some of that as part of their dark sci-fi game, but if it gets too far beyond societal norms they may face real world backlash. Stigmatization of EVE players as sadistic antisocial freaks with deep psychological problems could reduce their potential for economic growth. For this reason CCP may wish to consider policies and actions (including possible bans) that move the community to a happy norm of "we will beat you black and blue in game but would love to have a drink with you when we are done." Note that Erotica1's actions were "I will beat you black and blue in the game then prolong the pain as much as I can just to see your humiliation and agony." So perhaps CCP must consider publicized teamspeak conversations because they will impact the bottom line and therefore the future of the company. That is a far cry from directly policing all teamspeak servers.
Dave Stark
#1080 - 2014-03-25 22:22:40 UTC
handige harrie wrote:
I like how Dave Stark tried to derail the thread, to keep it on topic.

i'm glad my work doesn't go unappreciated.