These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Jester Trek Latest Blog

First post First post
Author
Ramona McCandless
The McCandless Clan
#7601 - 2014-03-28 12:53:50 UTC
Vhelnik Cojoin wrote:
Ramona McCandless wrote:
Vhelnik Cojoin wrote:

However, there *has* to be a line in the sand somewhere.


Why?

You explain (with colourful examples) what you feel is wrong or could be wrong

But WHY must EvE align to morality as you see it?

Because at the end of the day EVE is a fictitious construct, involving real people. Your actions can always have real life consequences for the people you meet, intended or otherwise, and regardless of how you meet them. There is no difference between communicating with other EVE players, or picking up the phone and calling someone.

People seem to be caught up in the :sandbox: meme, yet EVE is emphatically not isolated from the rest of society.


So by extension of that thought (and correct me if Im picking you up wrong), something that is considered wrong anywhere in the world should also be wrong in EvE?

And to elaborate further, this doesn't have to be a criminal act, it could be something forbidden by societal norms or general taste as well?

"Yea, some dude came in and was normal for first couple months, so I gave him director." - Sean Dunaway

"A singular character could be hired to penetrate another corps space... using gorilla like tactics..." - Chane Morgann

Kristalll
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#7602 - 2014-03-28 12:54:38 UTC
Josef Djugashvilis wrote:

Perhaps you can help me out here, why was the mark asked to get a dictionary and read out the meaning of some words?

It was not 'torture' by any definition as far as I am concerned, but it was, to put it mildly, distasteful.

But of course, you already know why, but you choose to ignore it.

That was the part of the Bonus Room experience I have an issue with.

Ero still refuses to clarify if he thinks he went too far with this particular issue or not.


Then you aren't paying attention.

No, Erotica 1 does not think he went too far.

No, Sohkar does not think it went too far.

No, anybody who actually knows how a bonus room works won't think it went to far.

“Die trying” is the proudest human thing.

Red Teufel
Calamitous-Intent
Feign Disorder
#7603 - 2014-03-28 12:54:43 UTC
Inent to psychologically harm a player was there. they should be banned.
embrel
BamBam Inc.
#7604 - 2014-03-28 12:55:39 UTC
Remiel Pollard wrote:

Every single post that starts with this (and there are too many to count) is uninformed and assumes there is no line. There is, however. It's called a EULA.


blurred as it is. As I assume you well know, these have been written by lawyers who will have blurred it as much as possible in order to allow CCP to basically do whatever they consider useful at the moment.

SKINE DMZ
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#7605 - 2014-03-28 12:55:55 UTC
Josef Djugashvilis wrote:
SKINE DMZ wrote:
I'm starting think Salvos and Prince Kobol are Harry Forever/ Divine alts.... someone help me

I'm about to send you all my assets willingly, pls dont ask me to sing a song (which I will happily comply to though) and read a document to get it back I mean that **** is torture bro.


Perhaps you can help me out here, why was the mark asked to get a dictionary and read out the meaning of some words?

It was not 'torture' by any definition as far as I am concerned, but it was, to put it mildly, distasteful.

But of course, you already know why, but you choose to ignore it.

That was the part of the Bonus Room experience I have an issue with.

Ero still refuses to clarify if he thinks he went too far with this particular issue or not.

Whether you think he went too far or not simply doesn't matter. He does not need to clarify anything to any of you (even though he has), that is the ridiculous part, you guys feel like you are owed some kind of explanation when in reality you are owed absolutely nothing.

Things like "So, if I find someone down the street getting bullied and publicly humiliated" make me laugh, nothing of this sort happened, the guy simply had to realise it was a scam and should of clicked the disconnect button.

"why was the mark asked to get a dictionary and read out the meaning of some words?" The keyword here is asked, he was asked to do it, no one forced him to do anything, that he is too silly to actually do things for Erotica 1 because he asked is not Erotica 1's or CCP's problem.

I disagree

Salvos Rhoska
#7606 - 2014-03-28 12:56:47 UTC
Ramona McCandless wrote:
But would you be ok if CCP made its decisions based on customer opinion if that opinion was not coming from the majority?


Whether I would be ok with it or not, would depend entirely on whether I think the decision is good or not, from my personal perspective. Not on whether it is coming from a majority.

Wouldn't you? I mean lets not dance around the issue here.
Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#7607 - 2014-03-28 12:57:07 UTC
Red Teufel wrote:
Inent to psychologically harm a player was there. they should be banned.


Prove intent, first of all.

Then, somehow overcome the fact that the "victim" has specifically said, both in this thread and over voice comms, that's it cool. Literally laughed it away, despite how upset he was during the event. Life literally goes on.

And after you've done those two, get around the fact that it didn't occur in game and no EULA violations occurred.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Bloodmyst Ranwar
Leviathan Rising
#7608 - 2014-03-28 12:57:27 UTC
Kristalll wrote:
Josef Djugashvilis wrote:

Perhaps you can help me out here, why was the mark asked to get a dictionary and read out the meaning of some words?

It was not 'torture' by any definition as far as I am concerned, but it was, to put it mildly, distasteful.

But of course, you already know why, but you choose to ignore it.

That was the part of the Bonus Room experience I have an issue with.

Ero still refuses to clarify if he thinks he went too far with this particular issue or not.


Then you aren't paying attention.

No, Erotica 1 does not think he went too far.

No, Sohkar does not think it went too far.

No, anybody who actually knows how a bonus room works won't think it went to far.


Yet, the majority who are not affiliated with such filth thinks it went too far.
Kristalll
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#7609 - 2014-03-28 12:57:39 UTC
Imryn Xaran wrote:

I think you got it right the first time.

He's not going back for seconds he's going back to help them whitewash the first recording.

I guarantee you they get him to apologise for his behaviour last time and say they did nothing wrong.

Some people just don't learn...


Your tinfoil is showing.

Maybe it wouldn't have been so easy if Ripard had ever bothered to think "what does Sohkar feel about this?"

Oh, btw, there is no need to whitewash a recording that has nothing wrong happen.

“Die trying” is the proudest human thing.

CCP Falcon
#7610 - 2014-03-28 12:57:59 UTC

We've been watching this thread closely, and have been looking at feedback from both sides of the fence in terms of people's opinions on the situation.

An announcement has been made here, and as such we're going to bring this thread to a close.

Please feel free to discuss things in the new thread, but remember to stay within the forum rules, and keep it civil and constructive.

Thanks.

CCP Falcon || EVE Universe Community Manager || @CCP_Falcon

Happy Birthday To FAWLTY7! <3