These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Jester Trek Latest Blog

First post First post
Author
Kadl
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#981 - 2014-03-25 21:38:39 UTC
Mag's wrote:
Kadl wrote:
Mag's wrote:
You do know CCP allows pilots to offer services for ISK, right?

So again, please point to the RMT as I seem to have missed it. No rush, take your time.

Lets look at the RMT clause of the EULA and find that lovely spot where services are allowed!

Quote:
B. Selling Items and Objects

You may not transfer, sell or auction, or buy or accept any offer to transfer, sell or auction (or offer to do any of the foregoing), any content appearing within the Game environment, including without limitation characters, character attributes, items, currency, and objects, other than via a permitted Character Transfer as described in section 3 above. You may not encourage or induce any other person to participate in such a prohibited transaction. The buying, selling or auctioning (or any attempt at doing so) of characters, character attributes, items, currency, or objects, whether through online auctions, newsgroups, postings on message boards or any other means is prohibited by the EULA and a violation of CCP's proprietary rights in the Game.

Oh wait, it never says services are allowed. You may be referring to a common practice of CCP allowing people to send isk to certain people for EVE related services. That is CCP choosing not to enforce their EULA in certain circumstances. So far they have not made a definitive ruling on humiliating singing being an acceptable service.

It does make it clear that you cannot offer to transfer in game items. But that is too broad! Well obviously CCP has written it broadly so that they can ban people when they want to. The whole question of banning comes down to whether CCP wants to ban, not whether they can find part of the EULA to ban them with.

For my part I will consider Erotica1 to be involved in offers (although probably not transfers) of in game items in trade for humiliating singing for his sick pleasure.
So any chance you could point me to the RMT in this instance. Like I said I can wait, no rush.

Sorry, I am not playing your "I cannot see it game." I showed you the offer of in game items in return for services. If you childishly pretend to not see it then I am not going to continue to engage you.
Navi Annages
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#982 - 2014-03-25 21:38:41 UTC
Batelle wrote:
Malcolm from Marketing wrote:
Erotica got that guys assets/isk in that recording, but instead of kicking him and moving on, decided instead to prolong his humiliation for his own and his hangers on amusements.

The size of this thread is evidence enough that Erotica1 stood to gain more than just assets/isk.

Yes its called Novelty.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8-JfK-wwFU

Mag's
Azn Empire
#983 - 2014-03-25 21:38:54 UTC
Dave Stark wrote:
Azami Nevinyrall wrote:
I was half expecting this thread to be locked by now.

Then a "do not talk about this again or you'll get banned" warning from CCP *Insert name here*

i think this thread is a great way to judge how many people would love themepark eve vs those of us that came explicitly not to be handheld.
Dave you can hold my hand any time. I may even let you wear Kimmi's cosy. Big smile

Destination SkillQueue:- It's like assuming the Lions will ignore you in the Savannah, if you're small, fat and look helpless.

baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#984 - 2014-03-25 21:39:16 UTC
Batelle wrote:
Erotica got that guys assets/isk in that recording, but instead of kicking him and moving on, decided instead to prolong his humiliation for his own and his hangers on amusements.

The size of this thread is evidence enough that Erotica1 stood to gain more than just assets/isk.

This thread alone is greater payout than the isk.
Dave Stark
#985 - 2014-03-25 21:39:53 UTC
Mag's wrote:
Dave Stark wrote:
Azami Nevinyrall wrote:
I was half expecting this thread to be locked by now.

Then a "do not talk about this again or you'll get banned" warning from CCP *Insert name here*

i think this thread is a great way to judge how many people would love themepark eve vs those of us that came explicitly not to be handheld.
Dave you can hold my hand any time. I may even let you wear Kimmi's cosy. Big smile

Love you too, Mag's.
Mag's
Azn Empire
#986 - 2014-03-25 21:40:19 UTC
Kadl wrote:
Mag's wrote:
So any chance you could point me to the RMT in this instance. Like I said I can wait, no rush.

Sorry, I am not playing your "I cannot see it game." I showed you the offer of in game items in return for services. If you childishly pretend to not see it then I am not going to continue to engage you.
So you cannot show me then? OK I take your lack of evidence, as a failure to communicate and prove your stance.

Destination SkillQueue:- It's like assuming the Lions will ignore you in the Savannah, if you're small, fat and look helpless.

Kadl
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#987 - 2014-03-25 21:40:19 UTC
Ramona McCandless wrote:
Kadl wrote:
Play EVE the internet spaceships game, not Teamspeak the creepy humiliation game.

I know, thats what Ventrilo is for for crying out loud!

Good humor although I don't think I like the creepy humiliation game in either format. I guess if you want that sort of thing you can always give money to Erotica1!
Big Lynx
#988 - 2014-03-25 21:40:49 UTC
Threadnaught is longer now
Dave Stark
#989 - 2014-03-25 21:42:09 UTC
Big Lynx wrote:

yeah things tend to get longer when i get excited.
Ramona McCandless
Silent Vale
LinkNet
#990 - 2014-03-25 21:42:16 UTC
Kadl wrote:
Ramona McCandless wrote:
Kadl wrote:
Play EVE the internet spaceships game, not Teamspeak the creepy humiliation game.

Good humor although I don't think I like the creepy humiliation game in either format. I guess if you want that sort of thing you can always give money to Erotica1!

Oh Cmon the Halloween III Ventrilo Harassment is a classic of the internet age!

"Yea, some dude came in and was normal for first couple months, so I gave him director." - Sean Dunaway

"A singular character could be hired to penetrate another corps space... using gorilla like tactics..." - Chane Morgann

Salvos Rhoska
#991 - 2014-03-25 21:42:43 UTC
The ultimate payout might be a roundhouse kick to the face from some random aggrieved loony at Fanfest.
Mag's
Azn Empire
#992 - 2014-03-25 21:43:26 UTC
Kadl wrote:
Ramona McCandless wrote:
Kadl wrote:

You seem to consistently fail to mentioned the RL death threats and racism. Why is that?

Mag's
Azn Empire
#993 - 2014-03-25 21:44:12 UTC
Dave Stark wrote:
Big Lynx wrote:

yeah things tend to get longer when i get excited.
Suits you sir!

Dave Stark
#994 - 2014-03-25 21:44:35 UTC
Salvos Rhoska wrote:
The ultimate payout might be a roundhouse kick to the face from some random aggrieved loony at Fanfest.

just going to point out that you've confirmed your stance that running a scam in a game that encourages scams, is to you, less acceptable than physical violence.
LUMINOUS SPIRIT
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#995 - 2014-03-25 21:45:06 UTC
Erotica 1 wrote:
Cool, almost to page 50. I have the greatest level of respect for this awesome game CCP lets us play. If Hilmar posted in this thread something like "Hey Ero, a lot of us think the bonus rounds are really funny, but we would prefer if you did xzy differently, maybe start a bank instead," I would totally honor his request.

So many people up in arms over something that happened awhile ago (and widely read on www.minerbumping.com in a 4 part series) because some guy named Ripard? posted something.

Instead of the "to the stakes!" talk, let's do what CCP falcon asked early on and remain civil. Thanks.

Hey look, a psychopath sadist talks about civility. So Erotica tell me, hows it going? You humiliated any more vulnerable people today, maybe made one or two cry? You would like that wouldnt you.
Xander Delacroix
Doomheim
#996 - 2014-03-25 21:45:38 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
Batelle wrote:

This thread alone is greater payout than the isk.

And therein lies the problem at the heart of this issue. Every player who gets their jollies from the pain of others, whether due to scamming, ganking in game, or through public humiliation, are all contributing to the toxic environment that drives existing players out and keeps new players away. What happens when all the victims are gone and the trolls and griefers and tormentors turn on each other? Well, not a lot, because the plug would have been pulled long before that.
Ramona McCandless
Silent Vale
LinkNet
#997 - 2014-03-25 21:45:44 UTC
Salvos Rhoska wrote:

Well Im not a fan of racism but thats a bit harsh dont you think?

Also you still didnt answer whether you thought he should be fired or not for it.

"Yea, some dude came in and was normal for first couple months, so I gave him director." - Sean Dunaway

"A singular character could be hired to penetrate another corps space... using gorilla like tactics..." - Chane Morgann

Mag's
Azn Empire
#998 - 2014-03-25 21:46:32 UTC
Salvos Rhoska wrote:
:Moral high ground:

baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#999 - 2014-03-25 21:47:01 UTC
LUMINOUS SPIRIT wrote:
Erotica 1 wrote:
Cool, almost to page 50. I have the greatest level of respect for this awesome game CCP lets us play. If Hilmar posted in this thread something like "Hey Ero, a lot of us think the bonus rounds are really funny, but we would prefer if you did xzy differently, maybe start a bank instead," I would totally honor his request.

So many people up in arms over something that happened awhile ago (and widely read on www.minerbumping.com in a 4 part series) because some guy named Ripard? posted something.

Instead of the "to the stakes!" talk, let's do what CCP falcon asked early on and remain civil. Thanks.

Hey look, a psychopath sadist talks about civility. So Erotica tell me, hows it going? You humiliated any more vulnerable people today, maybe made one or two cry? You would like that wouldnt you.

So what about this "vulnerable person" who is both racist and willing to harm in RL?
Forum Clone 77777
Doomheim
#1000 - 2014-03-25 21:47:08 UTC
Kadl wrote:
Mag's wrote:
Kadl wrote:
Mag's wrote:
You do know CCP allows pilots to offer services for ISK, right?

So again, please point to the RMT as I seem to have missed it. No rush, take your time.

Lets look at the RMT clause of the EULA and find that lovely spot where services are allowed!

Quote:
B. Selling Items and Objects

You may not transfer, sell or auction, or buy or accept any offer to transfer, sell or auction (or offer to do any of the foregoing), any content appearing within the Game environment, including without limitation characters, character attributes, items, currency, and objects, other than via a permitted Character Transfer as described in section 3 above. You may not encourage or induce any other person to participate in such a prohibited transaction. The buying, selling or auctioning (or any attempt at doing so) of characters, character attributes, items, currency, or objects, whether through online auctions, newsgroups, postings on message boards or any other means is prohibited by the EULA and a violation of CCP's proprietary rights in the Game.

Oh wait, it never says services are allowed. You may be referring to a common practice of CCP allowing people to send isk to certain people for EVE related services. That is CCP choosing not to enforce their EULA in certain circumstances. So far they have not made a definitive ruling on humiliating singing being an acceptable service.

It does make it clear that you cannot offer to transfer in game items. But that is too broad! Well obviously CCP has written it broadly so that they can ban people when they want to. The whole question of banning comes down to whether CCP wants to ban, not whether they can find part of the EULA to ban them with.

For my part I will consider Erotica1 to be involved in offers (although probably not transfers) of in game items in trade for humiliating singing for his sick pleasure.

What you have to understand, is that Erotica 1 is FAR from the first to do the "Sing me a song and maybe youl get some stuff back"

If CCP were to decide, right now, that this is not allowed and ban Erotica 1, should we go back and ban those who have done it before, possibly many years back?
Should we also ban those who run stuff like EVE hold em, Blink or whatever? Its techincally the same, playing a game in the game to get isk/assets on EVE.

The RMT rules are there so you cant sell ingame assets for real life currency.
Id hardly say this recording has real life value in any form of currency.