These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Jester Trek Latest Blog

First post First post
Author
Ramona McCandless
Silent Vale
LinkNet
#501 - 2014-03-25 17:45:42 UTC
Notorious Fellon wrote:

Malcanis trying to inject highly charge political and religious topics into the discussion is all I responded to. It is not worth discussing.

Which is what I was replying to.

I dont know why you are so aggressive about explaining again something that I can see clearly.

"Yea, some dude came in and was normal for first couple months, so I gave him director." - Sean Dunaway

"A singular character could be hired to penetrate another corps space... using gorilla like tactics..." - Chane Morgann

Salvos Rhoska
#502 - 2014-03-25 17:46:33 UTC  |  Edited by: Salvos Rhoska
Erotica1 is, with malice, willful forethought and intent, extorting/blackmailing victims OUTSIDE OF THE GAME by holding their INGAME assets ransom.

The entire "Bonus Room" is an external context, outside of EVE, in which he is dealing with people as people, with himself and all associated persons involved, as legal real entities.

What he is doing OUTSIDE OF THE GAME is extremely and unequivocably, illegal.
Speedkermit Damo
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#503 - 2014-03-25 17:47:39 UTC
Malcanis wrote:
Tuscor wrote:
Just ban Erotica1. The community does not need poisonous twats like that - and I for one am happy for the sandbox and 'emergent gameplay' to take second seat to cleaning the community of such filth.

People talk about gays in very similar terms to the ones you have used in your post.

Come to that, so have insane monogonadal austrian dictators.

Godwin's law as ealy as page 2.

Yikes!

Protect me from knowing what I don't need to know. Protect me from even knowing that there are things to know that I don't know. Protect me from knowing that I decided not to know about the things that I decided not to know about. Amen.

Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#504 - 2014-03-25 17:47:52 UTC
Winchester Steele wrote:

Why aren't you running for CSM again? The people of New Eden need guys like you on the CSM.

The consensus is that they don't deserve me.

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Malcolm Shinhwa
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#505 - 2014-03-25 17:47:59 UTC
Salvos Rhoska wrote:
Erotica1 is, with malice, willful forethought and intent, extorting/blackmailing victims OUTSIDE OF THE GAME by holding their INGAME items ransom

Erotica 1 uses Eve Voice instead of Teamspeak. Reformulate your argument. Go!

[i]"The purpose of fighting is to win. There is no possible victory in defense. The sword is more important than the shield and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental[/i]."

Lady Areola Fappington
#506 - 2014-03-25 17:48:02 UTC
Salvos Rhoska wrote:
Erotica1 is, with malice, willful forethought and intent, extorting/blackmailing victims OUTSIDE OF THE GAME by holding their INGAME items ransom

I don't know about that. According to EVE, once you give your items to someone else, those items then belong to that person.

7.2 CAN I AVOID PVP COMPLETELY? No; there are no systems or locations in New Eden where PvP may be completely avoided. --Eve New Player Guide

Schmata Bastanold
In Boobiez We Trust
#507 - 2014-03-25 17:48:35 UTC
Malcolm Shinhwa wrote:
Jonah Gravenstein wrote:
Malcanis wrote:
So if my girlfriend is an EVE player and I bang her sister, I'm banned?
You lucky bastard, you have a girlfriend, all I have is a wife and her sister is fugly.

Same here, and neither one of them puts out.

Heh, wifes are ultimate griefers. I would give up all my PLEXes but unfortunately my wife doesn't care about pixel money. And her sister doesn't have time to play anything...

Invalid signature format

Muestereate
Minions LLC
#508 - 2014-03-25 17:48:57 UTC  |  Edited by: Muestereate
I've developed an opinion that all the perps should be identified at hardware and geological location. Ban all their hardware and of course their accounts. I'd say a crime has been committed so forward the soundbites to the players local authorities and if there is anything going on in the local playgrounds or family disputes they know right where to go. Let them know what exists in their own midst. Anything less is irresponsible as a priest or doctor not stopping personal harm that they have heard about. CCP does not and cannot guarantee privacy for criminal acts.

We can't let this knowingly go on, certainly to condone it is to assist in later abuses. To even have heard this psychological dehumanization going on outside of a war theater, and even within, has made me less human.
Erotica 1
Krypteia Operations
#509 - 2014-03-25 17:50:06 UTC
Aralyn Cormallen wrote:
Keeping aside from the slightly rabid arguements, one question keeps popping up that no-one has answered, that seemed pretty obvious to me.

A lot of people have asked what the point of the bonus room, when they already had his stuff (and attributing it to malice or perversion)

Well, that one struck me as obvious straight away. Wait for it, those asking the question will likely burst out laughing in disbelief, but bare with me.

Its legitimacy.

Yeah, you heard that right. Ero's shtick has always been that he is the only one who does exactly what he says he does, the only one who doesn't scam, doesn't cheat his marks. That is the point of what was going on - to make the participant give up, and lose, hence making the loss of his items due to the fact he backed out (right at the last minute, of course). Regardless of the circumstances of the matter, he is able to, every time, state truthfully that the 'loser' gave up. Sure, the guy never had a chance, but if Ero walked with the items at any point, before the participant gave up of his own free will, that undermines his whole ethos and reputation.

I'm to page 19 now. Contrary to popular belief, Widot guys are actually pretty smart.

See Bio for isk doubling rules. If you didn't read bio, chances are you funded those who did.

Capt Starfox
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#510 - 2014-03-25 17:50:12 UTC
Salvos Rhoska wrote:

And you believe this to be a real world crime, so I ask again, when did the cops care about my space stuff? Can I call them when I lose my next ship?

Abandon all hope ye who x up in fleet

Nick Bete
Highsec Haulers Inc.
#511 - 2014-03-25 17:50:24 UTC
Malcanis wrote:

Is it CCP's responsibility to police out of game interaction between their players where no law has been broken?

If so, where does that responsibility end? Should they ban a player when his wife complains about him playing EVE instead of doing the chores?

If I hook up with another EVE player who happens to be from say Japan, should CCP have the right and duty to ban me if the GM involved disapproves of inter-racial relationships? What about homosexual relationships?

What if I encourage another player to log in to fleet and miss church on sunday?

Where exactly does CCP's "responsibility" end?

It's not illegal for players to be intolerant and make racist or homophobic taunts in local chat or, to name their ships, corporations or characters with racial epithets yet, CCP chooses to take action against players who do so. So you tell me more about CCP's "responsibility" and where it begins and ends, please.
Kadl
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#512 - 2014-03-25 17:50:48 UTC
Lady Areola Fappington wrote:
Salvos Rhoska wrote:

I don't know about that. According to EVE, once you give your items to someone else, those items then belong to that person.

So in other words Erotica 1 was offering in game items for services outside of the game?
Malcolm Shinhwa
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#513 - 2014-03-25 17:50:49 UTC
Muestereate wrote:
I've developed an opinion that all the perps should be identified at hardware and geological location. Ban all their hardware and of course their accounts. I'd say a crime has been committed so forward the soundbites to the players local authorities and if there is anything going on in the local playgrounds or family disputes they know right where to go. Anything less is irresponsible as a priest or doctor not stopping personal harm that they have heard about. CCP does not and cannot guarantee privacy for criminal acts.

We can't let this knowingly go on, certainly to condone it is to assist in later abuses. To even have heard this psychological dehumanization going on outside of a war theater, and even within, has made me less human.

I have to agree. Sokar should go to jail for threatening to kill Erotica 1's mother over a video game. Finally we've reached agreement in GD!

[i]"The purpose of fighting is to win. There is no possible victory in defense. The sword is more important than the shield and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental[/i]."

Ramona McCandless
Silent Vale
LinkNet
#514 - 2014-03-25 17:51:56 UTC
Muestereate wrote:
I've developed an opinion that all the perps should be identified at hardware and geological location.

Im on a PC and my house is built on a mix of igneous rock and a flatland of temperate inland silt from a shallow loch.

Does that help?

"Yea, some dude came in and was normal for first couple months, so I gave him director." - Sean Dunaway

"A singular character could be hired to penetrate another corps space... using gorilla like tactics..." - Chane Morgann

Malcolm Shinhwa
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#515 - 2014-03-25 17:51:57 UTC
Capt Starfox wrote:
Salvos Rhoska wrote:

And you believe this to be a real world crime, so I ask again, when did the cops care about my space stuff? Can I call them when I lose my next ship?

I've seen your killboard. Maybe you should just play on a laptop at the local station.

Salvos Rhoska
#516 - 2014-03-25 17:53:00 UTC
Malcolm Shinhwa wrote:
Salvos Rhoska wrote:

False. Teamspeak.

And if it is happening in EveVoice, then it is all the more reason for CCP to immediately take action in order to avoid possible legal repercussions to itself, and to protect its clients feom this kind of illegal activity by persons utilising their service for those purposes.
voetius
Grundrisse
#517 - 2014-03-25 17:53:18 UTC
Ramona McCandless wrote:
Notorious Fellon wrote:

Injecting a politically and religiously charged topic into the discussion is not helping; it is trolling.

It serves no purpose in the discussion other than to make people angry.

Then stick to the point I made and not the illustrating metaphor if the subject is too sensitive for you to see past the literal phrasing and see why it applies.

How do you define morality?

When does an action become immoral?

What makes this action any more or less immoral than making someone sing to avoid a podding?

That is a tradition in EvE and has been since long long ago

One of many definitions, but the one I prefer at the moment, would be Kant's Categorical Imperative :

"Act only according to that maxim whereby you can at the same time will that it should become a universal law without contradiction."[1]

Kant has a certain reputation for obscurity, which is certainly justified, so if it isn't immediately apparent what he means, that could be paraphrased somewhat loosely as "do unto others as you would want to be done to".

There's a nice page on Wikipedia that discusses this in more detail.
Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#518 - 2014-03-25 17:53:21 UTC
Malcanis wrote:
Winchester Steele wrote:

Why aren't you running for CSM again? The people of New Eden need guys like you on the CSM.

The consensus is that they don't deserve me.
Malcanis, the hero Eve needs right now, not the one it deserves.

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

Malcolm Shinhwa
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#519 - 2014-03-25 17:54:36 UTC
Salvos Rhoska wrote:
Malcolm Shinhwa wrote:
Salvos Rhoska wrote:

False. Teamspeak.

And if it is happening in EveVoice, then it is all the more reason for CCP to immediately take action in order to avoid possible legal repercussions to itself, and to protect its clients feom this kind of illegal activity by persons utilising their service for those purposes.

It was a hypothetical. All of your previous arguments hinge on it being OUTSIDE OF THE GAME. So you'll need new ones to address the hypothetical of Eve Voice instead of Teamspeak. Now tell us why it is illegal.

Capt Starfox
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#520 - 2014-03-25 17:54:50 UTC
Malcolm Shinhwa wrote:
Capt Starfox wrote:
Salvos Rhoska wrote:

I've seen your killboard. Maybe you should just play on a laptop at the local station.

Hey! I'm doing a lot better this month okay!! Blink

Abandon all hope ye who x up in fleet