These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Jester Trek Latest Blog

First post First post
Author
Salvos Rhoska
#4681 - 2014-03-27 09:00:43 UTC
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
I believe they have more than half a dozen winners so far. Likely more.

Prove it.

What exactly is required of the victim in order to win the Bonus Round in the Bonus Room?
Muestereate
Minions LLC
#4682 - 2014-03-27 09:01:07 UTC
The turning over all before the torture commences is a tactic used in real brainwashing. One signifigant way brainwashing differs form hypnosis or persuasion is that in brainwashing the victim feels helpless. having everything gone leaves people like this. Thats why prisoners are often required to remove their clothes and stripped of all personal items. Powerful stuff.
Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#4683 - 2014-03-27 09:01:54 UTC
Space Juden wrote:
If Erotica1 broke the rules I hope him and the people involved in the bonus room are banned. Because they broke the rules and I find their actions particularly distasteful and... particularly and egregiously rude.

If they didn't then I think CCP should think about their sandbox and decide accordingly because in the end it's theirs and not mine to decide.

It happened a month ago.

You already have your answer. But Ripard Teg wanted a new one, so he decided to start a fuss about it.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

PotatoOverdose
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#4684 - 2014-03-27 09:02:19 UTC
Dieterlin wrote:

It's pretty obvious that the whole point of the bonus room is just humiliation. If it were done with in-game chat, it would violate that bit of the EULA that I've quoted infinity times that nobody seems to notice because this thread is just going in circles now.

I don't think anyone disagrees with that point in particular.
Space Juden
Supermassive Potato Pancake
#4685 - 2014-03-27 09:05:22 UTC
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
Space Juden wrote:
If Erotica1 broke the rules I hope him and the people involved in the bonus room are banned. Because they broke the rules and I find their actions particularly distasteful and... particularly and egregiously rude.

If they didn't then I think CCP should think about their sandbox and decide accordingly because in the end it's theirs and not mine to decide.

It happened a month ago.

You already have your answer. But Ripard Teg wanted a new one, so he decided to start a fuss about it.

Answers from CCP can take decades
Scipio Artelius
Weaponised Vegemite
Flying Dangerous
#4686 - 2014-03-27 09:05:53 UTC  |  Edited by: Scipio Artelius
Salvos Rhoska wrote:
Souxie Alduin wrote:
Salvos Rhoska wrote:
The assets are already transferred to the Bonus Room perpetrators before it begins.

If there is no legitimate way to win the Bonus Room, then it can he shown to be merely facilitate humiliatiin and degradatiin on the victim, with no actual recourse to winning it, and no additional profit to the perpetrators.

Because there is no further ISK to be made from it, and there is no way for the partcipant to legitimately win, the only remaining motive is intent to cause harm and purpose is malice towards the victim, till they remove themselves from the situation.

I ask again, what is required of the victim in order to win the bonus room?

FFS! YOU CAN'T!

Then it can be shown that the Bonus Rooms only function is an arena to harm the victim.

It then categorically falls under the EULA as an event and instance the only purpose of which is to abuse and harm the victim.

If the "if there is no legitimate way to win..." is in fact true, then that would be a reasonable conclusion, but not the only possible one, none of which are particularly pleasant.

Its not known with 100% certainty that there is no way to win. There are claims thst it has been won in the past and there is evidence to show at least some have been nothing more than a scam.
Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#4687 - 2014-03-27 09:06:14 UTC
Space Juden wrote:
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
Space Juden wrote:

It happened a month ago.

Answers from CCP can take decades

Tell that to the pizza ordering guy. Didn't that take about 2 hours?

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Anomaly One
Doomheim
#4688 - 2014-03-27 09:07:21 UTC
Muestereate wrote:
The turning over all before the torture commences is a tactic used in real brainwashing. One signifigant way brainwashing differs form hypnosis or persuasion is that in brainwashing the victim feels helpless. having everything gone leaves people like this. Thats why prisoners are often required to remove their clothes and stripped of all personal items. Powerful stuff.

Except emm.. you know that in most maximum security prisons, prisoners are often rebellious and don't exhibit helplessness
what you describe happens more in the army/schools/society not in prisons.

Psychotic Monk for CSM9 https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=326497 you want content in highsec? vote Monk

Souxie Alduin
Anarchy in the Eve
#4689 - 2014-03-27 09:07:26 UTC
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
Space Juden wrote:

It happened a month ago.

He did manage to fuss up one headline over at Massively at least:

Here's some of the cyberbullying that happens in EVE Online
http://massively.joystiq.com/2014/03/25/heres-some-of-the-cyberbullying-that-happens-in-eve-online/
Space Juden
Supermassive Potato Pancake
#4690 - 2014-03-27 09:08:44 UTC  |  Edited by: Space Juden
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:

Tell that to the pizza ordering guy. Didn't that take about 2 hours?

or the 'snowbunnies'

Their time line is better to take as an unknown variable

edit: snowbunnies refers to cocain fyi
Anomaly One
Doomheim
#4691 - 2014-03-27 09:11:07 UTC
Always rely on people only reading the headline.

" I left the game over a year ago after getting fed up with these "exceptions". I shouldn't have to put up with constant scams, theft, and ransom-decs just to play a game. "

LOL^

Psychotic Monk for CSM9 https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=326497 you want content in highsec? vote Monk

Jarod Garamonde
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#4692 - 2014-03-27 09:12:57 UTC
Marlona Sky wrote:
Salvos Rhoska wrote:
I ask again, what exactly are the tasks required of the victim in order to win the bonus room?

It never ends. No one ever wins. The hosts of this Bonus Room keep moving the goal posts forever by tacking on endless chores. The idea is the player will always give up in the end, thus making it look like it is their own fault.

That's not *entirely* accurate.
I'm not at liberty to say what constitutes a winner, and what, precisely, they recieve.... but there HAVE been winners, and they DO end up quite spacerich.

That moment when you realize the crazy lady with all the cats was right...

[#savethelance]
Salvos Rhoska
#4693 - 2014-03-27 09:14:40 UTC  |  Edited by: Salvos Rhoska
Scipio Artelius wrote:
If the "if there is no legitimate way to win..." is in fact true, then that would be a reasonable conclusion, but not the inly possible ine, none of which are particularly pleasant.

What is the legitimate way to win?

What is required of the victim in order to win the Bonus Round?

Answer specifically.

I remind you that you cannot make a contract in EVE that bypasses the EULA.

Are you saying that in participating in the Bonus Room, it is implicit that the participant must submit to treatment that is against his EULA rights, in order to win?

Are you saying it is required that the victim must submit to humiliation, degradation, and the assignment of arbitrary demands, in order to win?
Scipio Artelius
Weaponised Vegemite
Flying Dangerous
#4694 - 2014-03-27 09:19:46 UTC
Salvos Rhoska wrote:
Scipio Artelius wrote:
If the "if there is no legitimate way to win..." is in fact true, then that would be a reasonable conclusion, but not the inly possible ine, none of which are particularly pleasant.

What is the legitimate way to win?

What is required of the victim in order to win the Bonus Round?

Answer specifically.

I remind you that you cannot make a contract in EVE that bypasses the EULA.

Are you saying that in participating in the Bonus Room, it is implicit that the participant must submit to treatment that is against his EULA rights, in order to win?

Are you saying it is required that the victim must submit to humiliation, degradation, and the assignment of arbitrary demands, in order to win?

I already did answer specifically.

I have no idea because i have no more experience in the bonus room than you do.
Sirinda
Ekchuah's Shrine Comporium
#4695 - 2014-03-27 09:20:41 UTC
Kirsi Kirjasto wrote:
Actually, the REALLY scary bit?

That Sohkar is supposedly a FRIGGEN Air Traffic Controller.
I will express myself in Chinese.

Ho Lee Fuk.

Seriously, I think CCP, having his 'real life' information - should report Sohkar to the proper authorities.

Somebody this obviously unstable and insane should NOT be directing aircraft in ANY capacity.

Erotica 1 actually did us a great service by exposing a clear and present risk to public safety.

Would YOU feel comfortable landing at a busy airport staffed by someone like Sohkar?

Let's do this the other way around.

Doesn't becoming an ATC require some sort of psych exam?

If yes, then Ero1's antics managed to have somebody whose psychological stability has been proven lose their wits.

And you still think it's okay for him to do that?

If the answer is yes, it makes me ashamed to share gene pools with the likes of you.
Wulfy Johnson
NorCorp Security
#4696 - 2014-03-27 09:20:41 UTC
Jarod Garamonde wrote:
Marlona Sky wrote:
Salvos Rhoska wrote:
I ask again, what exactly are the tasks required of the victim in order to win the bonus room?

It never ends. No one ever wins. The hosts of this Bonus Room keep moving the goal posts forever by tacking on endless chores. The idea is the player will always give up in the end, thus making it look like it is their own fault.

That's not *entirely* accurate.
I'm not at liberty to say what constitutes a winner, and what, precisely, they recieve.... but there HAVE been winners, and they DO end up quite spacerich.

Or perhaps the bonus rooms has a secondary function of mooving isk around freely or for rmt'ing..
Salvos Rhoska
#4697 - 2014-03-27 09:22:06 UTC  |  Edited by: Salvos Rhoska
Scipio Artelius wrote:
I already did answer specifically.

I have no idea because i have no more experience in the bonus room than you do.

You did not specifically answer what is required of the victim to win the Bonus Round, because in the very next sentence you openly admit that you have no idea what is required to win.

Is it so, that it is required that the victim must submit to commensurate abuse, humiliation, degradation, and the assignment of arbitrary demands, in order to win?
Scipio Artelius
Weaponised Vegemite
Flying Dangerous
#4698 - 2014-03-27 09:24:24 UTC  |  Edited by: Scipio Artelius
Salvos Rhoska wrote:
You did not answer what is required of the victim to win the Bonus Round, because in the very next sentence you openly admit that you have no idea what is required to win.

Is it so, that it is required that the victim must submit to commensurate abuse, humiliation, degradation, and the assignment of arbitrary demands, in order to win?

That was my answer - I have no clue what is required to win because we have equivalent experience in the bonus room. I know no more about that than you do.

Simple and direct answer to your question.

I just don't jump to conclusions that my lack of knowledge must mean there is no way to win. I'd rather come to conclusions based on fact, not assumption.
Anomaly One
Doomheim
#4699 - 2014-03-27 09:24:50 UTC
Salvos Rhoska wrote:

yes

he must mine

Salvos Rhoska
#4700 - 2014-03-27 09:26:40 UTC
Scipio Artelius wrote:
---

Then you did not answer what specifically is required of the victim in order to win the Bonus Round.