These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Jester Trek Latest Blog

First post First post
Author
Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#4441 - 2014-03-27 05:49:00 UTC
Andski wrote:
"this guy is an ass, therefore eve online should be transformed into a space jousting game"

christ, you people

Pretty sure that's Ripard's entire intent. He's not running for CSM again, his current term has failed to Trammelize the game, so this is his last attempt at a headshot.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Anomaly One
Doomheim
#4442 - 2014-03-27 05:49:04 UTC
PotatoOverdose wrote:
Ah, plenty of firewood under the stake? Good, good.

"Thou shall not suffer a witch to live." ~Exodus 22:18

Btw, hope this reaches page 300. There are probably records to be broken.

thy will be done!
my life for ner'zhul

Psychotic Monk for CSM9 https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=326497 you want content in highsec? vote Monk

Kaivar Lancer
Doomheim
#4443 - 2014-03-27 05:50:39 UTC
Infinity Ziona wrote:

Not to mention that Erotica and friends were in control of the situation the entire time. Its part of the manipulation to use a calm tone and to remain calm and collected because it contrasts with the victims out of control manner and removes even more control from the victim. Its why people tell you to take a step back or a deep breath in a conflict situation because it helps in regards to recovering some control.

They're manipulative, that's the whole idea of the bonus round.

So manipulative that Sohkar leaves numerous times? But then chooses to come back for more?

Remiel Pollard
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#4444 - 2014-03-27 05:50:57 UTC  |  Edited by: Remiel Pollard
Muestereate wrote:

I don't know about that or whether its even relevant to attack his education. Ad Hominem is Freshman tactics isn't it?

Ad Hom is escape tactics. It's a dodge. It doesn't address an argument made, it addresses the character of the person making it. It dismisses the argument because of that character, regardless of the actual character of the person or the merits of the argument. It ignores the argument, for whatever reason.

Example: "You're a bad person so your claim that the earth is round is wrong."

“Some capsuleers claim that ECM is 'dishonorable' and 'unfair'. Jam those ones first, and kill them last.” - Jirai 'Fatal' Laitanen, Pithum Nullifier Training Manual c. YC104

Anomaly One
Doomheim
#4445 - 2014-03-27 05:51:01 UTC
Kyperion wrote:
It is time to remove the fecal matter from the sandbox.

biomass

no regrets.

Psychotic Monk for CSM9 https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=326497 you want content in highsec? vote Monk

LUMINOUS SPIRIT
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#4446 - 2014-03-27 05:51:43 UTC
Hiljah wrote:
I played in a sandbox when I was a kid. One time I found poop in it. I took the poop out. Then I went back to having fun.

+1

Lowlife scum who crap in our sandbox need to go.
Remiel Pollard
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#4447 - 2014-03-27 05:52:57 UTC  |  Edited by: Remiel Pollard
Kyperion wrote:
Remiel Pollard wrote:
Liese Shardani wrote:
Hiljah wrote:
I played in a sandbox when I was a kid. One time I found poop in it. I took the poop out. Then I went back to having fun.

Lol Great analogy.

Indeed it is. It's the first good analogy I've seen on this thread so far. It also demonstrates an aspect of the sandbox. He didn't change the dimensions or the composition of the sand, he didn't change the sandbox in any way. He took the poop out himself.

Which is precisely what we are trying to get CCP to do, because they own the sandbox....

It is time to remove the fecal matter from the sandbox.

You've never played in a sandbox that you didn't own?

That's almost as sad as never having skinny dipped in a neighbour's pool.

“Some capsuleers claim that ECM is 'dishonorable' and 'unfair'. Jam those ones first, and kill them last.” - Jirai 'Fatal' Laitanen, Pithum Nullifier Training Manual c. YC104

Navi Annages
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#4448 - 2014-03-27 05:54:20 UTC
LUMINOUS SPIRIT wrote:
Hiljah wrote:

+1

I'm gonna take a deuce in your sand box right now.

I've scammed over 200 mil to date in the name of taking donations for sohkar's return. Scamming is new inventive and fun. I wonder if I should start the Super Bonus Room full of cordial individuals.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8-JfK-wwFU

Kyperion
#4449 - 2014-03-27 05:54:53 UTC
Kaivar Lancer wrote:
Infinity Ziona wrote:

Not to mention that Erotica and friends were in control of the situation the entire time. Its part of the manipulation to use a calm tone and to remain calm and collected because it contrasts with the victims out of control manner and removes even more control from the victim. Its why people tell you to take a step back or a deep breath in a conflict situation because it helps in regards to recovering some control.

They're manipulative, that's the whole idea of the bonus round.

So manipulative that Sohkar leaves numerous times? But then chooses to come back for more?

The real offensive thing is that this was taken to an out of game chat in the first place. Everything else, is just sidestory.

It demonstrates the need to put an end to the scamming sub-culture of EVE.

If they just admonish or ban Erotica 1, someone else will take his place upon the throne of steaming excrament.

No, the day of reckoning is at hand, a fundamental paradigm shift is needed.
Muestereate
Minions LLC
#4450 - 2014-03-27 05:56:30 UTC  |  Edited by: Muestereate
Scipio Artelius wrote:
Muestereate wrote:
Eroticas voice is processed, A simple compressor could flatten any and all or just some of Eroticas volume fluctuations
Does that make it threatening or not threatening?

Or were the threats in reference to the words spoken and not only the tone?

A compressed voice generally has a more commanding tone. Its perception really, as volumes go up the dynamic range, from whisper to shout, generally goes down. Frequency responses generally flatten in accordance with whats called the loudness curve. When our brain hears tones with little fluctuation in volume and in perceives them as louder. This could be perceived as threatening, commanding or just more concise depending on context. It can communicate more than just one thing.

There is something called a diphthong at the end of clauses. Our voice raises sending a subconscious question mark or persevering judgement. When the mind perceives little or no questioning or judgement, it is more open to following any suggestion or staying open to a new idea and or such. Once again, depending on context.
Mr Epeen
It's All About Me
#4451 - 2014-03-27 05:58:06 UTC
Navi Annages wrote:
LUMINOUS SPIRIT wrote:
Hiljah wrote:

+1

I'm gonna take a deuce in your sand box right now.

I've scammed over 200 mil to date in the name of taking donations for sohkar's return. Scamming is new inventive and fun. I wonder if I should start the Super Bonus Room full of cordial individuals.

Pics or it didn't...well, you know the drill.

Mr Epeen Cool
BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#4452 - 2014-03-27 05:58:55 UTC
Kyperion wrote:

Think what you will about actions in the bonus room after the scam is complete, but this sentence is distrubing. Eve is a haven for people who like this style of game play and profits because there's nowhere else to go. Stop trying to kill the game.

Founder of Violet Squadron, a small gang NPSI community! Mail me for more information.

BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie's Space Mediation Service!

Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#4453 - 2014-03-27 05:58:59 UTC
There you go Kyperion.

Thanks for vindicating us from all the people who kept crying "it's not about banning scamming, it's the principle!".

It just further reinforces the point that we must not give the inch, or a mile will be taken.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Space Juden
Supermassive Potato Pancake
#4454 - 2014-03-27 05:59:59 UTC
So none of you have been to the beach and pooped in the ocean

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marine_snow

Vess Estemaire
Depraved Corruption
#4455 - 2014-03-27 06:00:19 UTC
Technically, that blog is a personal attack on another EVE player.
The "victim" is an idiot.
Cha'ka Khan
Dark Skies Dojo
Wrong Hole.
#4456 - 2014-03-27 06:01:12 UTC
BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie wrote:
Kyperion wrote:

Think what you will about actions in the bonus room after the scam is complete, but this sentence is distrubing. Eve is a haven for people who like this style of game play and profits because there's nowhere else to go. Stop trying to kill the game.

Jita 4-4... You will never find a more wretched Hive of Scum and Villainy.....

The only thing we have to fear, is new pilots and AFK miners. 

Muestereate
Minions LLC
#4457 - 2014-03-27 06:01:47 UTC
Infinity Ziona wrote:
Mr Epeen wrote:
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
Kyperion wrote:
Everyone knows emotional pain is real, and depending on what it is can be worse than physical pain.

Being made fun of on the internet is not, in any way shape or form, analogous to real torture.

Ever. I don't care if you lose your space pixels or not.

Of course it can be analogous to real torture. Not the sword in the fire with a back drop of an iron maiden type of torture. We'll leave that for the fantasy film buffs to cream over.

No: It's more analogous to what is now called enhanced interrogation in the halls of polite and fluffy govt ivory towers. And I should mention that the phrase 'being made fun of' belittles what's actually happening. You can drive the right person to slit their wrists with words alone if your grasp of social manipulation is twisted enough. Or you can bring some right up to that point and then back off to do it over and over until they snap.

How many links would you like to tragic ends for people that have been 'made fun of' on the internet. Twenty? Fifty? One hundred? I can link them.

Mr Epeen Cool

Indeed. That's why we have a law in Australia called Brodies Law. The 'fun' caused someone so much pain and suffering they took their own life. Easily equivalent to torture, just not physical torture.

Thank you for the legal precedent.
Liese Shardani
Hedion University
Amarr Empire
#4458 - 2014-03-27 06:03:18 UTC
I've heard a fair number of voices online, and his doesn't sound altered to me. He's got a nice voice, IMO, but it also has that podcaster-who-likes-to-hear-himself-talk feel to it.
Kyperion
#4459 - 2014-03-27 06:03:50 UTC
BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie wrote:
Kyperion wrote:

Scamming IS killing the game, same with New Order and its 'Code'

..... as CCP lets the community sink further and further, the reputation of EVE, CCP, and its community will further disintegrate, New subs will cease... and eventually even the bittervets will get tire of each other's bullshite
Kaivar Lancer
Doomheim
#4460 - 2014-03-27 06:03:59 UTC
Kyperion wrote:

The real offensive thing is that this was taken to an out of game chat in the first place. Everything else, is just sidestory.

Many things take place out-of-game - diplomacy, spying, trading, corp discussion, RL conversations etc. Is CCP meant to police those things too?