These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Jester Trek Latest Blog

First post First post
Author
LUMINOUS SPIRIT
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#4341 - 2014-03-27 04:29:01 UTC
Xuixien wrote:
Kyperion wrote:
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
LUMINOUS SPIRIT wrote:
This is emotional rapists trying to justify what they do by staging a show that, no, victims are not really hurt at all.

E1 thinks its OK to inflict emotional damage on handicapped people. "its just a bit of fun, no real harm done, nobody dies"

Neo-**** guys down the road in a seedy bar think its OK to **** a girl too "its just a bit of fun, no real harm done, nobody dies"

Hurt feelings are not real harm, and are not analogous to real harm.

You are full of little ignorant gems.

Emotional hurt can and many times is a bigger threat than physical pain

Ask any one who has been through Military training (I have), and especially any Special Operators, and they will tell you to a man... the hardest part of the training is the mental/emotional aspect.

I've seen the toughest men in the ******* world, who could kill without hesitation absolutely melt because of a 'Dear John' letter.

There is a suicide epidemic in the Military, and a large part of it is stupid brain dead macho man philosphy of the type you espouse. Go to your buddy's funeral after he commits suicide at the age of 23 while being in perfect physical health because he couldn't work through the emotional pain he was going through, and then come talk to me about how 'its only the internet' or 'its only emotional pain'

**** you.

Tell me how more soldiers died from suicide than battle throughout history.

Keep digging your hole, sadist. Dig it deep.
Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#4342 - 2014-03-27 04:29:09 UTC
Kyperion wrote:

Tell me how that matters you stupid ****.

Fact is a significant number of military personnel commit suicide, as well as police, Fire, and Emergency Responders... and it sure as hell ain't because they are in physical pain.

How many of them killed themselves because someone took their pixels and laughed about it?

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Drone 16
Holy Horde
#4343 - 2014-03-27 04:30:37 UTC
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
stoicfaux wrote:
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
You know, I hadn't been decided yet as to whether I would vote for DJ FunkyBacon or not.

But his blog has been pretty much the best analysis of this, and is basically how I feel as well.

Take the time to read it.

http://funkybacon.blogspot.com/

Meh, I think he misses the point entirely. It's obvious that there's no criminal, civil, or EULA/ToS violations.

The problem, IMHO, is that the whole situation makes EVE (and CCP and us) look bad. It's guilt by association. Whether we like it or not, CCP, and we the players, are now "co-owners" of that damnable SoundCloud recording. If CCP and the player base do not condemn it, then we will be seen as implicitly supporting the out of game humiliation and degradation of people, which contravenes most basic societal norms. Does anyone really think that it's good for us to be perceived as being so sociopathic that we'll hurt people in real life over a bunch of pixelated assets? That we're so jaded with virtual tears, that we crave real tears? No. Just no.

tl;dr - Erotica1 needs to be publicly shunned for bringing shame and embarrassment on EVE and its players.

Then your real problem, much like me, is with Ripard Teg.

Because this was around for a month before he chose to make it an issue. It was less of an issue than "mission runners are getting screwed" this last month, *until* he decided to go on a press blitz with it.

Why he chose to do this is the only real question left.

I would imagine he did it because he felt strongly about it. Mynnna seemed to also feel strongly about it.

Principled people do things based on their beliefs not convenience. Ripard has a platform and he used it to bring attention to an issue, this is how we as a society affect change. Based on that many people came together to self-police a community they felt strongly about.

You are butt-hurt and ragey because he and the majority of the other posters on here peed in your kiddy pool, but I would think that if he went on a crusade against over-entitled carebears you would have been right in the mix trolling away because that is who you are.

However, I totally support your attempt to make this about Jester instead of E1. It illuminates your character for all to see. I suggest you use your own hard-earned platform, scrape up what support you can and take your grass-roots movement to the community and then straight to CCP. Good luck with that.

Your campaign slogan could be something like: "And we would have gotten away with it too if it wasn't for that meddling Ripard Teg!!!"

Mmmmmm....you know tears do taste good after all, I will have some more when you are feeling up to it.

It puts the peanutbutter on itself or it leaves the bonus round... - E1's greatest Hits

Gogela
Epic Ganking Time
CODE.
#4344 - 2014-03-27 04:31:06 UTC
EvE Online isn't therapy.

/thread.

Signatures should be used responsibly...

NEONOVUS
Mindstar Technology
Goonswarm Federation
#4345 - 2014-03-27 04:32:13 UTC
Gogela wrote:

/thread.

I find it works wonders on curing my issue with red crosses bring death and destruction to my home
LUMINOUS SPIRIT
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#4346 - 2014-03-27 04:32:23 UTC
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
Kyperion wrote:

Fact is a significant number of military personnel commit suicide, as well as police, Fire, and Emergency Responders... and it sure as hell ain't because they are in physical pain.

How many of them killed themselves because someone took their pixels and laughed about it?

Keep digging.... Dig it deep.
Remiel Pollard
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#4347 - 2014-03-27 04:34:31 UTC  |  Edited by: Remiel Pollard
Kyperion wrote:

Oh you mean you fell for the mainstream media's misinterpretation of statistics?

I've always stood by that statistics is one of those under-taught mathematical niches in school, so, I won't hold that against you, or even the media. But, here's a little something to help clarify why statistics alone don't provide conclusive information. Statistics require analysis, analysis that wasn't performed on these particular statistics. Here's a paragraph that highlights the results of an analysis:

Los Angeles Times wrote:
Many experts believe that the farther a veteran is from military service, the less likely it is that his or her suicide has anything to do with his or her time in uniform. In other words, many older veterans are killing themselves for the same reasons that other civilians in the same age group kill themselves: depression and other mental health problems coupled with difficult life circumstances.

Another example is the gun nuts who quote reported violent crime rates in Australia being higher than they are in the US. They are relying on statistics for the conclusion that a country without guns has higher violent crime rates than the country with guns. The fallacy here is the lack of analysis. In Australia, flicking someone in the ear is considered a violent crime. In the US, it's not. Also, this statistic relies on reported crimes. In Australia, people are less afraid to report a crime than they are in the US, where corruption and power trips are more common in the police force. So naturally, in Australia, there are more violent crimes reported, as well as a wider range of violent crimes to report. But it's not because there is actually a higher rate of violent crime.

Quote:

I'm sure that is a fact. But, the question remains. Is it because they are in the military or emergency services, or is it because of other reasons?

“Some capsuleers claim that ECM is 'dishonorable' and 'unfair'. Jam those ones first, and kill them last.” - Jirai 'Fatal' Laitanen, Pithum Nullifier Training Manual c. YC104

Drone 16
Holy Horde
#4348 - 2014-03-27 04:35:08 UTC
Gogela wrote:

/thread.

Eve Online isn't the place to live out a sick humiliation and mayonnaise fetish

/thread

It puts the peanutbutter on itself or it leaves the bonus round... - E1's greatest Hits

Helena Russell Makanen
DRRUSSEL
#4349 - 2014-03-27 04:36:01 UTC
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
Mr Epeen wrote:

The only real question left is why did we, as a community, wait so long to get a thread going about this?

Because it wasn't an issue until someone with enough puppets decided it should be an issue. The term is manufactured crisis.

Not at all. He simply brought something to peoples attention dummy. Most people are not up on every story every minute. He is a hero for making more people aware of what disgusting things went on. To call people who simply were not aware the second it happened it slanted. As people become aware and express their opinions - to call them 'puppets' - is self-severing and incorrect. So sorry people can't become aware on your time table to be treated as valid. Roll

"If a miner needs to go to the bathroom, for instance, I ask that they dock up first, or at the very least ask the Supreme Protector for permission to go."  -  James 315 - aka - the miner bumper

LUMINOUS SPIRIT
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#4350 - 2014-03-27 04:37:05 UTC
E1 & Co. just made a cardinal mistake of pissing on the united states service men and women.

God knows i disagree with some things US gov't does, but I never disrespect and belittle the brave men and women who are sent to do dangerous jobs overseas.

For your little sadist circle to laugh about some very serious issues facing the service men and women is not cool. Especially since EVE Online is where a large number of them choose to spend their free time.

But keep digging.

Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#4351 - 2014-03-27 04:37:55 UTC
Helena Russell Makanen wrote:
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
Mr Epeen wrote:

The only real question left is why did we, as a community, wait so long to get a thread going about this?

Because it wasn't an issue until someone with enough puppets decided it should be an issue. The term is manufactured crisis.

Not at all. He simply brought something to peoples attention dummy. Most people are not up on every story every minute. He is a hero for making more people aware of what disgusting things went on. To call people who simply were not aware the second it happened it slanted. As people become aware and express their opinions - to call them 'puppets' - is self-severing and incorrect. So sorry people can't become aware on your time table to be treated as valid. Roll

Ah, so he's a "hero" now.

/golfclap

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

Best Meltdown Ever.

Remiel Pollard
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#4352 - 2014-03-27 04:38:51 UTC  |  Edited by: Remiel Pollard
LUMINOUS SPIRIT wrote:
E1 & Co. just made a cardinal mistake of pissing on the united states service men and women.

God knows i disagree with some things US gov't does, but I never disrespect and belittle the brave men and women who are sent to do dangerous jobs overseas.

For your little sadist circle to laugh about some very serious issues facing the service men and women is not cool. Especially since EVE Online is where a large number of them choose to spend their free time.

But keep digging.

Unless those issues don't actually exist except in the minds of people who misinterpret and fail to analyse statistics. Sorry, but uninformed opinions can be dismissed without consideration. You have failed to produce a point worth considering, you are merely attempting emotional blackmail against your intellectual betters. Jealousy? Inferiority complex? I don't know what your problem is, I can only make guesses myself, but I suggest that you do have a problem, and it's yours alone to deal with.

“Some capsuleers claim that ECM is 'dishonorable' and 'unfair'. Jam those ones first, and kill them last.” - Jirai 'Fatal' Laitanen, Pithum Nullifier Training Manual c. YC104

Kyperion
#4353 - 2014-03-27 04:40:11 UTC
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
Kyperion wrote:

And again, your neanderthal mind misses the point.

Everybody has different emotional triggers, but the fact remains, emotional pain is real, and can be far more deadly and traumatic than any physical pain.

There is a reason Waterboarding exists instead of just dunking somebody into a pool of water.

LUMINOUS SPIRIT
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#4354 - 2014-03-27 04:40:49 UTC
Remiel Pollard wrote:
LUMINOUS SPIRIT wrote:

But keep digging.

Unless those issues don't actually exist except in the minds of people who misinterpret and fail to analyse statistics.

hang on i will link this to a couple of marine buddies of mine on TS. they were on the fence about this issue. they wont be after your sadist circle proverbially pissed on their dead buddy.
Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#4355 - 2014-03-27 04:41:02 UTC
Kyperion wrote:
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
Kyperion wrote:

Everybody has different emotional triggers, but the fact remains, emotional pain is real, and can be far more deadly and traumatic than any physical pain.

There is a reason Waterboarding exists instead of just dunking somebody into a pool of water.

I'm sorry, but losing at a videogame is not an "emotional trigger", that's just laughable and childish.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Remiel Pollard
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#4356 - 2014-03-27 04:41:17 UTC
Kyperion wrote:
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
Kyperion wrote:

Now he's comparing it to actual torture. Do you have ANY self respect Kyperion or do you just enjoy putting your idiocy on public display?

NEONOVUS
Mindstar Technology
Goonswarm Federation
#4357 - 2014-03-27 04:42:21 UTC
Yeah pool dumping can lead to drowning and death, waterboarding doesnt

And yes, you have to undergo waterboarding as part of training
Drone 16
Holy Horde
#4358 - 2014-03-27 04:42:42 UTC
Remiel Pollard wrote:
Kyperion wrote:

Oh you mean you fell for the mainstream media's misinterpretation of statistics?

I've always stood by that statistics is one of those under-taught mathematical niches in school, so, I won't hold that against you, or even the media. But, here's a little something to help clarify why statistics alone don't provide conclusive information. Statistics require analysis, analysis that wasn't performed on these particular statistics. Here's a paragraph that highlights the results of an analysis:

Los Angeles Times wrote:
Many experts believe that the farther a veteran is from military service, the less likely it is that his or her suicide has anything to do with his or her time in uniform. In other words, many older veterans are killing themselves for the same reasons that other civilians in the same age group kill themselves: depression and other mental health problems coupled with difficult life circumstances.

Another example is the gun nuts who quote reported violent crime rates in Australia being higher than they are in the US. They are relying on statistics for the conclusion that a country without guns has higher violent crime rates than the country with guns. The fallacy here is the lack of analysis. In Australia, flicking someone in the ear is considered a violent crime. In the US, it's not. Also, this statistic relies on reported crimes. In Australia, people are less afraid to report a crime than they are in the US, where corruption and power trips are more common in the police force. So naturally, in Australia, there are more violent crimes reported, as well as a wider range of violent crimes to report. But it's not because there is actually a higher rate of violent crime.

Quote:

I'm sure that is a fact. But, the question remains. Is it because they are in the military or emergency services, or is it because of other reasons?

Written by a guy who never served anyone but himself. You have never done a day of public service in your sad little life because if you had you would never stoop so low as to dismiss the service that these men and women give us. Wouldn't it be wonderful if they could choose who to give service to on an individual, merit type basis. My feeling is that you would be dialing for help until your fingers bled.

Remiel Pollard
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#4359 - 2014-03-27 04:43:27 UTC
LUMINOUS SPIRIT wrote:
Remiel Pollard wrote:
LUMINOUS SPIRIT wrote:

But keep digging.

Unless those issues don't actually exist except in the minds of people who misinterpret and fail to analyse statistics.

hang on i will link this to a couple of marine buddies of mine on TS. they were on the fence about this issue. they wont be after your sadist circle proverbially pissed on their dead buddy.

I didn't **** on anything. I merely showed you why statistics alone don't prove anything. This is how rational people think things through. Your 'marine' buddies will probably react just as emotionally as you, but if you clear your head and put a little thought into the matter, you'll see I'm right. I understand, cognitive dissonance is a powerful drug. But eventually, if you don't admit you're lying to yourself, it'll eat you up inside and just breed more hate. That's all you have right now is hate. It doesn't solve anything.

Kyperion
#4360 - 2014-03-27 04:44:29 UTC
Remiel Pollard wrote:
LUMINOUS SPIRIT wrote:

But keep digging.

Unless those issues don't actually exist except in the minds of people who misinterpret and fail to analyse statistics. Sorry, but uninformed opinions can be dismissed without consideration. You have failed to produce a point worth considering, you are merely attempting emotional blackmail against your intellectual betters. Jealousy? Inferiority complex? I don't know what your problem is, I can only make guesses myself, but I suggest that you do have a problem, and it's yours alone to deal with.

The Secretary of Defense knows when the men and women he Commands have a problem in their midst.

There is a reason we started having suicide briefs every ******* month.