These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Jester Trek Latest Blog

First post First post
Author
Remiel Pollard
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#4281 - 2014-03-27 03:00:20 UTC
Jill Chastot wrote:
Korhaka Mirunas wrote:
Dieterlin wrote:
Korhaka Mirunas wrote:
If we assume the whole conversation happened ingame, what was broken in the EULA? Please show me the paragraph(s) explaining.

Section 6, Part A "Specifically Restricted Conduct", Section 5.

EULA wrote:
You may not submit any content to any chat room or other public forum within the Game that is harassing, abusive, threatening, harmful, obscene, libelous or defamatory, encourages conduct that could constitute a criminal offense or give rise to civil liabilities, or is unlawful in any other way, including without limitation the submission of content that infringes on a third-party’s intellectual property rights.

Ero1 definitely conducted "harassing behavior" outside the scope of normal gameplay, and the victim made threatening comments. Both of them should be banned.

The only person to use threats was Sohkar, I have listened to the sound clip from start to finish. Erotica 1 never raised his voice and never threatened anyone, was not obscene, did not harass, was not abusive or defamatory.

uhhh.... did you miss the part where he linked the soundcloud on EO forums?

If that ain't defamatory i don't know what is

It's not defamatory because it doesn't identify a real person to defame the reputation of.

“Some capsuleers claim that ECM is 'dishonorable' and 'unfair'. Jam those ones first, and kill them last.” - Jirai 'Fatal' Laitanen, Pithum Nullifier Training Manual c. YC104

Scipio Artelius
Weaponised Vegemite
Flying Dangerous
#4282 - 2014-03-27 03:00:37 UTC  |  Edited by: Scipio Artelius
Jill Chastot wrote:

How would it be defamatory?

Isn't defamation the use of false statements to harm the reputation of someone?

Can someone's own statements in a recording be a false statement?

We shouldn't internet lawyer because neither of us are qualified, it's just a question because I struggle to see the link to defamation.
Mario Putzo
#4283 - 2014-03-27 03:00:53 UTC
Ban Ripard Teg his harassment of Erotica and Sohkar can not be denied! Remove him from the the CSM he is unfit to represent this community.
NEONOVUS
Mindstar Technology
Goonswarm Federation
#4284 - 2014-03-27 03:01:09 UTC
Ok Im going to throw this out and run
Erotica1 has paid me out, in plex for help-once
We also have had a "winner' join the group- who then lost everything to a Goon recruitment scam
I then gave him enough to restart
I do that to people when I am on
Now to due to PLEX I cant

However I and others will warn the naieve idiots, yes idiots, not the greedy bastards about the problems
For those more legally inclined, if you read the rules, you can never succeed

I warn many new players to wither be a minion and get rewarded or have no dealings with Erotica1
And that any goon recruitment offer is a scam regardless of who gives one

The smoke filled backroom that decided EVE was real, I was an active part, its now gone elsewhere and no one told me where

This is my main
No I am a male

Oh and for the Team speak bit, its because we couldnt figure out eve voice and wanted the recording capability

Yes you can dec me for this, no you will just be wasting isk, I have nonundockable holding alts

Oh and uh, dont be greedy, its a 7 sin for a reason
I doubt Erotica1 is a deitic prosecutor though, however dude does live near the recorded place in in which the devil played a song battle
Well close in Eve terms

PS
Erotica1 has actually gotten people to be interested in EVE when I demonstrate her talents.
So it does work for recruitment putposes
Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#4285 - 2014-03-27 03:02:03 UTC
LUMINOUS SPIRIT wrote:

According to you,

Slavery is consensual. Slave can always walk away right?
Domestic abuse is totally OK. Wife can always walk away right?
Sex trafficking is OK - the girl can awlays refuse to work.

Its funny how predators always try to justify their sickening actions. And they never mention the consequences for 'walking away'.

Let me spell it out for you.

If a person is threatened with losing something by walking away - that's coercion buddy. Whether it is physical safety in case of ****, or life in case of slavery, or internet isk, its irrelevant. Coercion is coercion.

And to do this to a vulnerable person....

Sickening.

There is NOTHING that separates people that do this from real-life pedophiles, rapists, murderers and slavers of the world.

And people like that should all suffer the same punishment IMHO.

You can close an internet window with a hand gesture.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Coffee Rocks
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#4286 - 2014-03-27 03:03:42 UTC
DJentropy Ovaert wrote:
stoicfaux wrote:

Erotica1 is trying to double his own isk?

WISH HIM LUCK IN THE BONUS ROOM

Oh god...

This might be the lamest attemp I've seen yet.

Sadly, someone will actually believe it's "legit" and an actual proof of defense /o\
Jill Chastot
Black Water Oasis
#4287 - 2014-03-27 03:05:07 UTC
Mr Epeen wrote:
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
LUMINOUS SPIRIT wrote:
This is emotional rapists trying to justify what they do by staging a show that, no, victims are not really hurt at all.

E1 thinks its OK to inflict emotional damage on handicapped people. "its just a bit of fun, no real harm done, nobody dies"

Neo-**** guys down the road in a seedy bar think its OK to **** a girl too "its just a bit of fun, no real harm done, nobody dies"

Hurt feelings are not real harm, and are not analogous to real harm.

Not saying that I agree with Luminous, but good God are you that naive. Hurt feelings are not real harm?

LOL never been with a real woman, have you?

Mr Epeen Cool

You be careful what you say to your woman, or your ass will be super sorry (probably your **** too)

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=298596&find=unread OATHS wants you. Come to the WH "Safety in eve is the greatest fallacy you will ever encounter. Once you accept this you will truely enjoy this game."

Ila Dace
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#4288 - 2014-03-27 03:05:11 UTC
Remiel Pollard wrote:
Ila Dace wrote:

The proximate cause of the death threats and racial epithets was the the psychological torture. Therefore, the blame falls squarely on Erotica1's shoulders.

No it doesn't. Sokhar showed a lack of self control. All it takes is a little personal responsibility and you'll never use racial slurs or death threats no matter how angry or upset someone 'makes' you.

There is no justification for death threats, threats of violence, discriminatory speech, etc. None whatsoever.

I'm happy to imagine that you ban every corpmate that uses any death threat, threat of violence or discriminatory speech on coms immediately.

But I admit that's just as much of a straw man argument as yours.

Were the things he said wrong to say? Yes. Would he ordinarily go around saying such things? I know you can't claim that he would just as I can't claim he wouldn't. Who pressured him into a position to say those things and cause his wife to have a panic attack at what she perceived as unusual behavior? Erotica 1.

If a corrupt government official uses all the rules available to him to harass you, to strip you of every last piece of security you have, all within the letter of the law, and all of a sudden you go off cursing at him, he's still the bad guy.

If House played Eve: http://i.imgur.com/y7ShT.jpg

But in purple, I'm stunning!

Michele Bachmann
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#4289 - 2014-03-27 03:06:00 UTC
LUMINOUS SPIRIT wrote:
Remiel Pollard wrote:
LUMINOUS SPIRIT wrote:
This is emotional rapists trying to justify what they do by staging a show that, no, victims are not really hurt at all.

E1 thinks its OK to inflict emotional damage on handicapped people. "its just a bit of fun, no real harm done, nobody dies"

Neo-**** guys down the road in a seedy bar think its OK to **** a girl too "its just a bit of fun, no real harm done, nobody dies"

Again, this is the kind of thinking that makes the world worse. Now pay close attention, because I'm going to tell you why any **** analogy is really bad, and an indication of an emotional reaction rather than rational thought.

Bonus room = consensual, right from the very beginning when you CHOOSE to hand over ISK and assests. You cannot coerce someone with their stuff if they gave you all there stuff freely and willingly. You are entirely responsible for making the choice to hand of your isk and assets.

**** = non-consensual. The woman never gets a choice. The woman is never responsible for what she goes through here.

Now go to your room for ten minutes and have a think about what you've said. Maybe smoke a bud or something to calm down.

According to you,

Its funny how predators always try to justify their sickening actions. And they never mention the consequences for 'walking away'.

If a person is threatened with losing something by walking away - that's coercion buddy. Whether it is physical safety in case of ****, or life in case of slavery, or internet isk, its irrelevant. Coercion is coercion.

Sickening.

There is NOTHING that separates people that do this from real-life pedophiles, rapists, murderers and slavers of the world.

My mind is full of f*ck
Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#4290 - 2014-03-27 03:06:10 UTC
Hey, here's a fun one.

How many gameshows fall under Ripard Teg's definition of "torture", in your estimation?

Pretty much every Japanese one that I've ever seen, for starters.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

Best Meltdown Ever.

Anomaly One
Doomheim
#4291 - 2014-03-27 03:07:02 UTC
LUMINOUS SPIRIT wrote:
According to you,

Sickening.

lol

Psychotic Monk for CSM9 https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=326497 you want content in highsec? vote Monk

Remiel Pollard
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#4292 - 2014-03-27 03:10:03 UTC
LUMINOUS SPIRIT wrote:

According to you,

Sickening.

No, I never said that. I never said slavery is consensual, because it's not. You made that up. A slave doesn't place himself into slavery of his own free will, and hand over his freedoms and rights of his own accord. Sokhar handed over all his isk and assets of his own free will.

I never said domestic violence is consensual, because it's not. You made that up. A victim of domestic violence, physical or otherwise, doesn't place their self in the path of an abuser and say, "hit me, abuse me, make it hurt!" Sokhar handed over all his isk and assets of his own free will.

I never said sex trafficking is consensual, because it's not. You also made that up. A man, woman or child that doesn't want to work in the sex industry isn't going to go and apply for a job in it. Sokhar handed over all his isk and assets of his own free will.

I never said any of what you claim I said, and you are blowing things out of proportion. At NO point did Sokhar not have the choice to walk away. Of course, the mindset required to make that choice would have prevented him from handing his assets over in the first place. Now, I've got you on putting words in my mouth and blowing things out of proportion. Now to seal the deal on your utter inability to achieve rational perspective. The following is the stupidest thing you've ever said:

"If a person is threatened with losing something by walking away - that's coercion buddy. Whether it is physical safety in case of ****, or life in case of slavery, or internet isk, its irrelevant. Coercion is coercion."

If said person hadn't willingly handed over his assets, and they'd been taken from him without his consent and used for coercion, that would be coercion. If he gives them away himself, makes that choice, then it's no longer coercion, it's consent. It's also not real property. It doesn't exist. It's all code and pixels. He lost nothing to be actually coerced with. You do understand the difference between virtual and real, don't you? Cuz if you don't, that's your problem, and probably the source of your confusion here.

I'd put the most likely source of your confusion, however, down to emotion. Your mouth froth =/= righteousness. I think a few victims of real predators would love to tell you a story or two about how predators actually work.

“Some capsuleers claim that ECM is 'dishonorable' and 'unfair'. Jam those ones first, and kill them last.” - Jirai 'Fatal' Laitanen, Pithum Nullifier Training Manual c. YC104

Navi Annages
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#4293 - 2014-03-27 03:11:06 UTC
LUMINOUS SPIRIT wrote:
Remiel Pollard wrote:
LUMINOUS SPIRIT wrote:

Again, this is the kind of thinking that makes the world worse. Now pay close attention, because I'm going to tell you why any **** analogy is really bad, and an indication of an emotional reaction rather than rational thought.

Bonus room = consensual, right from the very beginning when you CHOOSE to hand over ISK and assests. You cannot coerce someone with their stuff if they gave you all there stuff freely and willingly. You are entirely responsible for making the choice to hand of your isk and assets.

**** = non-consensual. The woman never gets a choice. The woman is never responsible for what she goes through here.

Now go to your room for ten minutes and have a think about what you've said. Maybe smoke a bud or something to calm down.

According to you,

Sickening.

Whats it like to be a puritan?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8-JfK-wwFU

Navi Annages
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#4294 - 2014-03-27 03:11:52 UTC
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
Hey, here's a fun one.

How many gameshows fall under Ripard Teg's definition of "torture", in your estimation?

OH snap son. Your on fire.

+9000

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8-JfK-wwFU

Jill Chastot
Black Water Oasis
#4295 - 2014-03-27 03:13:02 UTC
Scipio Artelius wrote:
Jill Chastot wrote:

We shouldn't internet lawyer because neither of us are qualified, it's just a question because I struggle to see the link to defamation.

defamation

/ˌdɛfəˈmeɪʃ(ə)n/

noun

noun: defamation; plural noun: defamations

the action of damaging the good reputation of someone; slander or libel.

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=298596&find=unread OATHS wants you. Come to the WH "Safety in eve is the greatest fallacy you will ever encounter. Once you accept this you will truely enjoy this game."

Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#4296 - 2014-03-27 03:15:55 UTC
Navi Annages wrote:
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
Hey, here's a fun one.

OH snap son. Your on fire.

+9000

Ever seen Silent Library?

Best Meltdown Ever.

Remiel Pollard
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#4297 - 2014-03-27 03:16:03 UTC
Ila Dace wrote:
Remiel Pollard wrote:
Ila Dace wrote:

The proximate cause of the death threats and racial epithets was the the psychological torture. Therefore, the blame falls squarely on Erotica1's shoulders.

No it doesn't. Sokhar showed a lack of self control. All it takes is a little personal responsibility and you'll never use racial slurs or death threats no matter how angry or upset someone 'makes' you.

There is no justification for death threats, threats of violence, discriminatory speech, etc. None whatsoever.

I'm happy to imagine that you ban every corpmate that uses any death threat, threat of violence or discriminatory speech on coms immediately.

But I admit that's just as much of a straw man argument as yours.

Were the things he said wrong to say? Yes. Would he ordinarily go around saying such things? I know you can't claim that he would just as I can't claim he wouldn't. Who pressured him into a position to say those things and cause his wife to have a panic attack at what she perceived as unusual behavior? Erotica 1.

If a corrupt government official uses all the rules available to him to harass you, to strip you of every last piece of security you have, all within the letter of the law, and all of a sudden you go off cursing at him, he's still the bad guy.

No, that's not what I'm saying. What I'm saying, and have been saying forever, is this is a vendetta against Erotica 1, and has been from before this incident ever occured. The hate was already there. Now the community has concocted a reason to be outraged at her, and everyone is so passionate about condemning him, but who of those people are condemning Sokhar for his vileness? If Ero gets a ban, so does Sokhar. If Ero's in the wrong, then so is Sokhar. It doesn't matter if Sokhar wouldn't normally say those things, that only makes it worse because it shows his complete lack of self control. That's his problem, and his mistake.

Do you know what a crime of passion is? It's still a crime, and it still lands you in jail. Just because you were emotionally pressured into killing someone, doesn't mean you get out of jail because it was the fault of the person who emotionally pressured you. That's NEVER an excuse. NEVER EVER.

I don't support Ero nor do I condemn him. I'm just pointing out the utter hypocrisy of condemning Ero and pretending like Sokhar did nothing wrong.

If a corrupt government official uses all the rules available to him to harass you, to strip you of every last piece of security you have, it doesn't matter, because that analogy would only apply to if CCP were the ones harassing Sokhar, since Ero has no authority over him and can't take his stuff by force. You people really need to go learn some critical thinking and how to create appropriate analogies.

Remiel Pollard
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#4298 - 2014-03-27 03:17:11 UTC  |  Edited by: Remiel Pollard
Jill Chastot wrote:
Scipio Artelius wrote:
Jill Chastot wrote:

defamation

/ˌdɛfəˈmeɪʃ(ə)n/

noun

No one's name has been slandered or libelled, because "Sokhar" isn't the name of a real person, but a fictional avatar. If there was a law against that, do you know how many people would be in trouble for slandering Wesley Crusher?

Or how about the number of people on this very threat that have libelled Erotica 1? Plenty of lies told about him in here that can be demonstrated to be lies.

stoicfaux
#4299 - 2014-03-27 03:18:53 UTC
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
You know, I hadn't been decided yet as to whether I would vote for DJ FunkyBacon or not.

But his blog has been pretty much the best analysis of this, and is basically how I feel as well.

Take the time to read it.

http://funkybacon.blogspot.com/

Meh, I think he misses the point entirely. It's obvious that there's no criminal, civil, or EULA/ToS violations.

The problem, IMHO, is that the whole situation makes EVE (and CCP and us) look bad. It's guilt by association. Whether we like it or not, CCP, and we the players, are now "co-owners" of that damnable SoundCloud recording. If CCP and the player base do not condemn it, then we will be seen as implicitly supporting the out of game humiliation and degradation of people, which contravenes most basic societal norms. Does anyone really think that it's good for us to be perceived as being so sociopathic that we'll hurt people in real life over a bunch of pixelated assets? That we're so jaded with virtual tears, that we crave real tears? No. Just no.

tl;dr - Erotica1 needs to be publicly shunned for bringing shame and embarrassment on EVE and its players.

Pon Farr Memorial: once every 7 years, all the carebears in high-sec must PvP or they will be temp-banned.

Jill Chastot
Black Water Oasis
#4300 - 2014-03-27 03:19:21 UTC
Remiel Pollard wrote:
Jill Chastot wrote:
Scipio Artelius wrote:
Jill Chastot wrote:

defamation

/ˌdɛfəˈmeɪʃ(ə)n/

noun

No one's name has been slandered or libelled, because "Sokhar" isn't the name of a real person, but a fictional avatar.

That's not really an argument is it? Regardless of the virtuality of this situation it holds up in all respects