These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Jester Trek Latest Blog

First post First post
Author
David Kir
Hotbirds
#3981 - 2014-03-26 23:14:07 UTC
not yet

EDIT: HA!

Friends are like cows: if you eat them, they die.

Navi Annages
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#3982 - 2014-03-26 23:14:16 UTC
LUMINOUS SPIRIT wrote:
Navi Annages wrote:
Try and Burn or BAN E1 and Sohkar get's a orange jumpsuit. E1 could threaten CCP with this if they try and ban him. Want to talk about Bad Publicity Now?

Gold.

E1's alt / sycophant is losing it.

NEWSFLASH - online predator threatens his victim a second time in effort to avoid banhammer.

It's kinda like holding a deck of cards right? Life threats vs ban? Which looks worse? Maybe a judge would decide wisely what happens to racist vulgar individuals.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8-JfK-wwFU

Danalee
Pandemic Horde Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#3983 - 2014-03-26 23:14:21 UTC
LUMINOUS SPIRIT wrote:

E1's alt / sycophant is losing it.

NEWSFLASH - online predator threatens his victim a second time in effort to avoid banhammer.

You should post the newsflash before you prey on poor Navi Annages.
And stating you try to avoid the banhammer is, well... stupid Blink

D.

Bear

Proud member of the Somalian Coast Guard Authority

Member and Juror of the Court of Crime and Punishment

Biff McNuggins
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#3984 - 2014-03-26 23:14:27 UTC
everyone is pretty pist
Pepper Solette
Doomheim
#3985 - 2014-03-26 23:14:28 UTC  |  Edited by: Pepper Solette
Page 200 *wow* Shocked

Is this the "Likes and get likes" thread

or the "Hate the Avatar above you" thread

I'm so confused.

But for my 2 isk..........I think the guy got himself into a bad situation. Seeking riches the easy way is a treacherous road in this game indeed. Did he have to make the threats at the end? No. But, after 2 hours of that crap, i think just about anybody would have said something.

I also think Erotica took it way too far. Much farther than was necessary. He sought a response and was clearly going to keep it up until he got one. E1 seems to have a penchant for this type of thing and continues to do it in various ways.

In my opinion (such as it is) If the Goons remove you, it's time to take stock.

Personally, i have no time for the likes of E1 in this game. I merely block them and move on with my own game.

If the only way you can get enjoyment from this game is to do this to other people, then that's just sad. I pity you E1.

** Miko Sunji:  "There is no better way to find out if you can swim, than swimming for your life."**

Drone 16
Holy Horde
#3986 - 2014-03-26 23:14:36 UTC
annnnd go....

never mind, it's not to be

It puts the peanutbutter on itself or it leaves the bonus round... - E1's greatest Hits

Gogela
Epic Ganking Time
CODE.
#3987 - 2014-03-26 23:14:40 UTC
200 Pages. Wow.

Signatures should be used responsibly...

Unsuccessful At Everything
The Troll Bridge
#3988 - 2014-03-26 23:14:52 UTC
The page 200 TLDR for you all...

Since the cessation of their usefulness is imminent, may I appropriate your belongings?

Jarod Garamonde
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#3989 - 2014-03-26 23:15:00 UTC
David Kir wrote:
not yet

Now.

That moment when you realize the crazy lady with all the cats was right...

[#savethelance]
Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#3990 - 2014-03-26 23:15:13 UTC
Upde wrote:
Jenn aSide wrote:
Mallak Azaria wrote:
Jenn aSide wrote:
Mallak Azaria wrote:
He's a sadistic & really creepy person.

He probably is. What i wonder is in what warped world is creepy and sadistic worse than Racist and willing to Threaten someone's life and family.

Nevermind the part where he & several other people did their best over two hours to illicit this exact response. You seem to be justifying the act with the result, which was clearly intended.

Which doesn't matter because the grown man consented to it and did not disconnect.

Erotica could have had in in TS for 10 hours, or 100. There is no excuse AT ALL for threating to do bodily harm to a man, and his family and to racially abuse people.

your attempting to derail the real question here is admirable.

the case in point here is whether it is an acceptable form of emergent gameplay and if what happened in TS by both parties was levelled at the ingame character / avatars or not

it is clear that the contestant went ballisitic
it is clear the E1 was not doing this for in game gain as the gain had already been made before the other stuff happened.

you should probably stop being so asinine and look at this for what it really is. Both parties acted in an out of game non EVE related way.

Why are you replying to me when Im not talking about in game vs out. you must have confused me with somone else.
KnowUsByTheDead
Sunlight...Through The Blight.
#3991 - 2014-03-26 23:15:16 UTC
Dammit missed the snipe post.

Sad

vOv

Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the comedian is the only thing that makes sense.

EI Digin
irc.zulusquad.org
#3992 - 2014-03-26 23:15:47 UTC
Erotica 1 Did Nothing Wrong
James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#3993 - 2014-03-26 23:16:47 UTC
Danalee wrote:
Wulfy Johnson wrote:
Danalee wrote:
I am not perverted because I find it funny when stupid people driven by greed sing songs, read text or even spread mayo on their body or whatever.

I would be a pretty sick puppy if I'd condone racism, gay bashing or swearing and getting angry over internet anything.
Which camp are you in again?

D.

Bear

i like fun as much as anyone, but theres a line between sick and fun. this is nothing the victim can look back to and have a laugh about in a week or two..

Anyway you look at this, and how he got taunted and led into this social experiment leaves him as a victim of a brutally executed plan.

And its pretty common knowledge that people in panic do and say uncontrolled things..

But he's a grown man with a confirmed spouse at his side willingly going through the motions to get space rich while swearing and dropping N-bombs willy nilly... How can you not see that?

It's not only funny it's such a form of poetic justice it brings tears to my eyes!

D.

Bear

"It's funny and he deserved it because he was stupid. Also because it was funny."
The way you take this personal pleasure in how the victim was treated makes you a creep to my eyes.

Enjoying the rain today? ;)

olan2005
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#3994 - 2014-03-26 23:16:53 UTC  |  Edited by: olan2005
im off the bed

To put this in summary points

1.The VICTIM Is at fault for falling for the scam

2. The SCAMMER took it too far, with this bonus room shenanigans.

3. There will be no criminal investigation ( just wont happen)

4 . CCP should intervene , and clarify rules with regards to scamming and greifing that is related to in-game content ( e.g assets ) using out of game mechanism like Teamspeak

5. The fact that after the narcissistic player continued after receiving all possible assets simply for TEAR EXTRACTION , means in m OPINION he took it to far and should be punished.

6. SCAMMING IS LEGAL AND SHOULD STAY THAT WAY

7 . This kind of brutal humiliation of people and psychological bullying through ransom of assets , needs to be stated by CCP to be illegal when using out of game mechanisms. BASICALLY MAKE IT ILLEGAL TO INVITE PEOPLE TO TEAMSPEAK SO FORTH WHEN YOUR SCAMMING THEM . This keeps everything within the EULA by keeping it in-game. As such it can be handled by CCP within the EULA framework

8. CCP should only intervene when there is clear intent to cause psychological harm , to a player not when discord arises as a result of personal disputes relating to everyday in game events. Think B-R local was full of insults put it was not directed at any one person and was both in and out of game .
Danalee
Pandemic Horde Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#3995 - 2014-03-26 23:17:09 UTC
Unsuccessful At Everything wrote:

Ah, here you are. Please take over, I've had my fill of culling the sad and the stupid for one evening.
I think they are still at singing songs is sick and the same as torture or some ****.

D. OUT.

Proud member of the Somalian Coast Guard Authority

Member and Juror of the Court of Crime and Punishment

Kethry Avenger
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#3996 - 2014-03-26 23:18:49 UTC
Just to keep my voice in the conversation.

What Erotica 1 and his "friends" did is bullying. It also happened on the internet, therefore cyber-bullying. Is it the worst form of cyber-bullying that exists no. That doesn't mean that it wasn't.

I not sure what Erotica 1 did broke the current TOS or EULA, but clearly he is well versed in the rules so that he can defend his horrible actions to be allowed to source other victims from in the game. Much like career criminals become well versed in the law and their rights in order to get away with more and more harmful things until the society comes down on them.

Sohkar clearly crossed a line with the threats. Since it sounds like they were made in game chat he should get what ever the normal punishment is for those. Though he did also apologize later.

A few rules that CCP could implement that could help prevent stuff like this in the future or at least punish people like this in the future.

-You are not allowed to scam people out of their in game assets out of the game.

-You are not allowed to incite (bait,coerce, choose best legal word here) people to break the TOS and EULA in or out of game. (though may need wording to allow scams in game)((Which I'm still ok with))

-You may not use Eve Online to find victims to cyber-bully.

Are these rules a little vague, yes, yes they are. Are some of the rules in the TOS and EULA already vague, yes, yes they are.
Would it be horrible if we where decent to each other? While trying to take over New Eden and destroy all competition.

Though in the current TOS it is clear CCP owns all your stuff in game including the value to the time you have played and the value that has. CCP can clearly just take Erotica 1's stuff and ban all his accounts without amending the EULA or TOS at all. If they also published a devblog about it, this would probably be a good enough deterrent to curb some of the worst behavior.

To the trolls in this thread, thank you for providing CCP with ample evidence that there is something really wrong going on that they need to make a decision on.
Mikey Aivo
Original Sinners
Pandemic Legion
#3997 - 2014-03-26 23:20:34 UTC
Danalee wrote:
Unsuccessful At Everything wrote:

Ah, here you are. Please take over, I've had my fill of culling the sad and the stupid for one evening.
I think they are still at singing songs is sick and the same as torture or some ****.

D. OUT.

I find most of their "singing" to be torture to listen to. Lets just say these guys should stay off american idol
Prt Scr
569th Freelancers
#3998 - 2014-03-26 23:20:43 UTC
EVE is a harsh mistress and this is good... I think we all agree on this, he deserved to lose all his stuff he should have just HTFU .

However Erotica is a douche.....I think we can all agree on this. One day he will get his...we are playing a game on the internet and there are 'unstable' people online. Erotica thinks he is immune from harm but if he continues he will one day anger the wrong target.
There are people online who are smarter then him and can find his home address. ( I once spent 3 hours on TS stopping an alliance mate from driving 800 miles with a shotgun to 'punish' another alliance member for disrespecting female corp. mate) . In Erotica's case I wouldn't waste the time and would smile when I saw the news report. And that in a nutshell is CCP's problem because the **** will hit the fan when it happens.

uɐıssnɹ pɐǝɹ ʇ,uɐɔ ı ʇnq ʎɹɹos ɯ,ı

Karl Jerr
Herzack Unit
#3999 - 2014-03-26 23:20:52 UTC  |  Edited by: Karl Jerr
Il Feytid
State War Academy
Caldari State
#4000 - 2014-03-26 23:22:01 UTC
David Kir wrote:
not yet

Fail.