These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Jester Trek Latest Blog

First post First post
Author
PotatoOverdose
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#3781 - 2014-03-26 21:31:27 UTC
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
I'm also especially curious about this because it seems to me the people defending Erotica 1 are many of the same people who more or less wanted The Mittani burned at the stake two years ago.

I've grown as a human being since then. Also, it was a mistake tbh. The next CSM after Mittens left sucked ass, to be perfectly honest. Since then I've lost my taste for witch hunts, they usually end up being counterproductive.

What can I say, some of us learn from our mistakes.
Navi Annages
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#3782 - 2014-03-26 21:31:33 UTC
Peter Raptor wrote:
Ranger 1 wrote:
Peter Raptor wrote:
Almost 200 pages of people arguing whether psychologically tormenting someone is right or wrong???

What a joke society has become Roll

Nope, it's nearly 200 pages of people patiently trying to explain what psychological torment is, and it's difference from adolescent high school humor in the worst taste possible... and how adults can deal with that.

In this case, by clicking an X.

One human being humiliating someone else for a whole 2 hours until breaking point, and we're not sure if its psychological torment????

Again I repeat ; What a joke !

What breaking point? There are only tears of deliciousness in that audio file. And guess what? It's all legal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8-JfK-wwFU

Qalix
Long Jump.
#3783 - 2014-03-26 21:31:39 UTC
Srsly, Erotica. I've asked twice. They're simple questions. Why won't you answer them? Scared what people will say (hard to believe)?
Legetus Shmoof Metallii
Resilience.
The Initiative.
#3784 - 2014-03-26 21:31:41 UTC
Hendrick Tallardar wrote:
Erotica 1 wrote:

So this DJ guy gets raging mad at me. Others can tell you who he is, most will get the reference. Anyway, I had the misfortune of having gotten on his radar and nothing I could say would calm this guy down. I was told to drop my CSM run and do a number of things otherwise they would expose some real life dirt they found on me, since I had released my NAME to address the people thinking the CSM thing was a troll. I had no idea people would stoop this low over internet spaceships. (oops again.)

If I get one more iota of harassment of this I will release the blackmailers eve-online name. Most people can guess.

You're accusing Darius JOHNSON, aka the man formerly known as CCP Sreegs, of blackmail.

Have fun with that you shithead.

Remember, it's all fun and games for him until he is the one doing something wrong, then it isn't fair. Could you expect anything else from one of CODE's lapdogs?

O tempora o mores!

DJentropy Ovaert
The Conference Elite
Safety.
#3785 - 2014-03-26 21:32:43 UTC
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
Look at all these people surprised at someone saying nasty things when provoked.

Provoked? He got greedy, wanted something for nothing, and his greed overwhelmed his common sense. Then, versus just calling "good fight, you got me, lol wow I got greedy" - he devolved into some of the most awful racial slurs I have heard in the real world.

Being "provoked" does not pardon that kind of behavior. Being "provoked" does not pardon screaming out death threats while pounding on your desk like a spoiled child.

What I find the most amusing about this - if the individual in question had simply shown a bit of class and a bit of logic over emotion, he could simply admit he got scammed, analyze his actions and make sure that it will never happen to him again, and then tell the story for everyone else to LOL at. Hell, i'd replace his 1bil ISK right now if he'd just HTFU and tell the truth about this situation - he got greedy, and he fell for a super obvious scam.

Anyone else with me for sending cash to the "victim" if he has the e-stones to admit that his greed overwhelmed his common sense, and that by dropping n-bombs and hurling death threats he made himself look like a complete jerk? Let's start a kickstarter for the poor dude. I'll personally donate 2 PLEX to get it going.
Tarojan
Tarojan Corporation
#3786 - 2014-03-26 21:32:59 UTC
Legetus Shmoof Metallii wrote:
Navi Annages wrote:
David Kir wrote:
Jenn aSide wrote:

No, you're the one defending a vicious and hateful racist who made death threats over video game assets, not us. There is never any excuse to do what he did, least of all some 'jerk' playing with them over teamspeak. Your stance here shows the same kind of immorality and irresponsibility as the so called 'victim'.

There's quite the difference between the actions and words of an angry man, and the purposeful provocation and humiliation inflicted by E1.

Anger brings out the worst of us.
You can expect an angry (or a drunk) man to act as a stupid and vile person.

What's disgusting is E1's lucidity, while doing all of this.

Don't try to blame the victim.

A "racist" victim.

Bigoted, not racist

Wrong, racist. he refused to speak with or listen to one of the hosts upon being told he was an african canadian and repeatly refered to him with the N word. Racist and in the UK crinimal. If he was british I would have made a complaint to the police here with a link to the sound could as evidence. People have gone to prision here in the UK for less then that. You yanks may tolerate that behaviour, but its still disgusting.

Will gank for food

LUMINOUS SPIRIT
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#3787 - 2014-03-26 21:33:03 UTC
PotatoOverdose wrote:
LUMINOUS SPIRIT wrote:
stop posting
Sent: 2014.03.26 21:13
To: LUMINOUS SPIRIT,

Dude, 20 bil isk for you if you quietly stop posting.

Interesting. E1 thinks I can be quietly bought off for a mere 20 bil? Lol?

To be clear, someone offered you 20 bil to literally do nothing, and you refused? You dumb.

FFS I'll post whatever anyone wants (within the rules, of course) for 20 Bil.

To be objective, 20 bil is not much for a 2007 player.

But, it looks like E1 might be thinking of trying to play a game. To corrupt a white knight, as some have called me... and 20 is the opening move.

We shall see what the next move will be.
Khergit Deserters
Crom's Angels
#3788 - 2014-03-26 21:33:51 UTC
LUMINOUS SPIRIT wrote:
stop posting

Take the isk, then require that he win a bonus room session before you actually stop posting?

(Sorry, that was evil. Couldn't resist).
David Kir
Hotbirds
#3789 - 2014-03-26 21:33:58 UTC
Navi Annages wrote:
David Kir wrote:
Navi Annages wrote:
David Kir wrote:

There's quite the difference between the actions and words of an angry man, and the purposeful provocation and humiliation inflicted by E1.

A "racist" victim.

Yes, a racist victim.

Again, rage brings out the worst of us; an angry person is often willing to go to whatever extent in order to harm his opponent.

That, however, does not justify E1's behaviour.

Hey man anyones behavior on the outside world is there own choosing. Who is anyone to judge? The constitution allows it. Go read whatever religious text consoles you on the matter.

I am free to judge whoever I want.
I am not free to inflict my convinctions upon E1, but I am free to condemn his behaviour as disgusting, according to my own moral parameters.

I am not one of those who want him banned.
I am one of those who are disgusted.

Friends are like cows: if you eat them, they die.

Ion Udan
Stellar Ascent
#3790 - 2014-03-26 21:34:01 UTC  |  Edited by: Ion Udan
All the people accepting this behavior of Erotica1 buy saying "Sohkar had a choice to leave, he should've just walked away" are missing the point completely.

The point is, whatever Sohkar did or didnt do, does NOT excuse the behaviour and predatory nature of Erotica1!! Their actions can never be excused by the response or no response of the victim. Whether Sohkar was naive to think he'd get free ISK and they wouldnt scam him DOES NOT EXCUSE THE ACTIONS OF EROTICA1!.....get my point?

I listened to the recording and it made me physically sad

So, glorious QEX brother steals potatoes from hisec.

Legetus Shmoof Metallii
Resilience.
The Initiative.
#3791 - 2014-03-26 21:34:51 UTC
Tarojan wrote:
Legetus Shmoof Metallii wrote:
Navi Annages wrote:
David Kir wrote:
Jenn aSide wrote:

No, you're the one defending a vicious and hateful racist who made death threats over video game assets, not us. There is never any excuse to do what he did, least of all some 'jerk' playing with them over teamspeak. Your stance here shows the same kind of immorality and irresponsibility as the so called 'victim'.

A "racist" victim.

Bigoted, not racist

Wrong, racist. he refused to speak with or listen to one of the hosts upon being told he was an african canadian and repeatly refered to him with the N word. Racist and in the UK crinimal. If he was british I would have made a complaint to the police here with a link to the sound could as evidence. People have gone to prision here in the UK for less then that. You yanks may tolerate that behaviour, but its still disgusting.

Ah, thank you for the correction. I was assuming *tips hat

O tempora o mores!

dexington
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#3792 - 2014-03-26 21:35:30 UTC
Anslo wrote:
This community has shown just how dichotomous it is.

Which is expected when left with two choices, where you lose no matter which you pick...

I think many don't like the idea of touching one of the core elements of eve, which is the right to scam people without ccp getting involved. We know what we have at the moment, if ccp decides to get involved and implement rules, it will affect more people then just E1 and the bonus room.

“They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.”

Don't really know if that applies to this situation, but in the end ccp can't really protect anyone from people like E1, no matter what rules they make. There are still going to be fools who are going to get scammed out of everything they own, but maybe in a less publicly humiliating way.

If CCP decides to get involved everyone playing eve is going to lose a little of the freedom we currently have in eve, and i don't really think anyone wants that.

I'm a relatively respectable citizen. Multiple felon perhaps, but certainly not dangerous.

James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#3793 - 2014-03-26 21:36:22 UTC
PotatoOverdose wrote:
Since then I've lost my taste for witch hunts, they usually end up being counterproductive.

I would agree, but in this case we're dealing with someone who has a history if this behavior and no apparent intent to let up.
I mean this is the reason he got kicked out of (whatever corp he was in, think it was WIdot) and GSF.

It's apparent that I'm convincing nobody here and I don't want to get too embroiled in the debate. It's not as if anything I say will affect CCP's judgment on this. But do expect that they will bring the hammer down one way or another - they really can't afford not to.

Enjoying the rain today? ;)

Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#3794 - 2014-03-26 21:36:44 UTC
Scipio Artelius wrote:

Its possible to disagree with a play style without vilifying anyone, but torches and pitch forks is more the mob mentality approach. In the end, it doesn't do any good for anyone.

+1

Some people can't do that in any way. For example I'm a pve pilot who supports the existence of gankers, scammers, psuedo-space terrorists like the New Order ect ect because those things make the game better and I can take pride in 'pvping' against them by denying them my tears/explosions.

But to some people, "i don't like this" equals "there should be a law against this". It's a very selfish point of view.
DJentropy Ovaert
The Conference Elite
Safety.
#3795 - 2014-03-26 21:37:10 UTC
PotatoOverdose wrote:
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
I'm also especially curious about this because it seems to me the people defending Erotica 1 are many of the same people who more or less wanted The Mittani burned at the stake two years ago.

I've grown as a human being since then. Also, it was a mistake tbh. The next CSM after Mittens left sucked ass, to be perfectly honest. Since then I've lost my taste for witch hunts, they usually end up being counterproductive.

What can I say, some of us learn from our mistakes.

Same here.

Mittens screwed up, got drunk as hell, and said some things that were quite awful and a bit embarassing.

Unlike our "victim" here, Mittens owned up to his words, issued a public apology, and seemed genuine about it.

Just think of the support our "victim" could get from the community if he simply dropped in and said "Wow, I hate Erotica1 and scammers are the worst and I think CCP should alter their rules to not allow scams of this nature, but that does not justify me issuing death threats against his mother and dropping n bombs like it's 1950. I was wrong, and I regret what I said." - it would be amazing. I'd give him a billion ISK right now if he'd man up like Mittens did.
Erica Dusette
Division 13
#3796 - 2014-03-26 21:37:34 UTC

1. Agree to the deal
  2. Take ISK
  3. Keep poasting anyway
  4. Offer to stop poasting only after [insert random TS/Skype naked shenanigans]

Jack Miton > you be nice or you're sleeping on the couch again!

Part-Time Wormhole Pirate Full-Time Supermodel

worмнole dιary + cнaracтer вιoѕвσss

Upde
Upde Harris Industries
#3797 - 2014-03-26 21:38:09 UTC
Khergit Deserters wrote:
LUMINOUS SPIRIT wrote:
stop posting

Take the isk, then require that he win a bonus room session before you actually stop posting?

(Sorry, that was evil. Couldn't resist).

that made me lol
DJentropy Ovaert
The Conference Elite
Safety.
#3798 - 2014-03-26 21:38:37 UTC
LUMINOUS SPIRIT wrote:

But, it looks like E1 might be thinking of trying to play a game. To corrupt a white knight, as some have called me... and 20 is the opening move.

We shall see what the next move will be.

I find your artificial sense of inflated self-importance highly amusing. See you out there.
Danalee
Pandemic Horde Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#3799 - 2014-03-26 21:39:12 UTC
Ion Udan wrote:
the behaviour and predatory nature of Erotica1!!

Yeah, I saw on the discovery channell that a lion was asking his prey to sing... couldn't bear watching it.

Ion Udan wrote:
it made me physically sad

Grow a pair, I hope you never have to watch a comedy show because, gues what? It could be even more funny, making you physically and mentally ill!

D.

Bear

Proud member of the Somalian Coast Guard Authority

Member and Juror of the Court of Crime and Punishment

Navi Annages
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#3800 - 2014-03-26 21:39:15 UTC
Ion Udan wrote:
All the people accepting this behavior of Erotica1 buy saying "Sohkar had a choice to leave, he should've just walked away" are missing the point completely.

The point is, whatever Sohkar did or didnt do, does NOT excuse the behaviour and predatory nature of Erotica1!! Their actions can never be excused by the response or no response of the victim. Whether Sohkar was naive to think he'd get free ISK and they wouldnt scam him DOES NOT EXCUSE THE ACTIONS OF EROTICA1!.....get my point?

I listened to the recording and it made me physically sad

I dunno me and my wifey were laughing. My real corp facebook page exploded in laughter and comments.

Regardless any and all actions are on E1's personal moral Conscience.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8-JfK-wwFU