These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Jester Trek Latest Blog

First post First post
Author
Alp Khan
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#3641 - 2014-03-26 20:47:47 UTC
Puuhanalle wrote:
Alp Khan wrote:

You know you can continue to falsely claim that all Erotica 1 does is getting songs out of people he scams all day long, and you won't be fooling anybody.

That record goes on for three hours and is full of enhanced interrogation techniques and mental torture.

You are lying to whiteknight real life psychopathy.

I Just had to do a google search on enhanced interrogation techniques cause I had no idea what those could be. There actually was a wikipedia arcticle by that name. Here's a quote:
Quote:
Enhanced interrogation techniques or alternative set of procedures are terms the George W. Bush administration used to describe methods of torture, including hypothermia, stress positions and waterboarding.

Damn looks like you must have been right. All of that stuff was clearly happening on that recording.

"Sleep deprivation. Check.
Creating a state of learned helplessness. Check.
Subjecting the victim to interrogation for long periods. Check.
Isolating or surrounding the victim psychologically. Check.
Inflicting pressure through greed or blackmail. Check.
Exploitation of phobias, such as -- say -- making a man with an admitted speech impediment perform long periods of public speaking. Check."
Danalee
Pandemic Horde Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#3642 - 2014-03-26 20:48:17 UTC
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
Danalee wrote:
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
Danalee wrote:
Also see someone for you brain damage causing you to think that asking someone to sing a song equals kicking kids in the face.

I never said they were the same thing.
I'm making an analogy to harm here.

So tormenting someone for hours on the promise of giving them their stuff back is acceptable to you?

Nobody was tormented.

That's pretty obviously false.

Indeed, I'll reiterate;
You are tormenting me with your posts. I'm gonna sue you for all your isk!

D.

Bear

Proud member of the Somalian Coast Guard Authority

Member and Juror of the Court of Crime and Punishment

KnowUsByTheDead
Sunlight...Through The Blight.
#3643 - 2014-03-26 20:48:27 UTC
stoicfaux wrote:
Tasha Saisima wrote:
Has erotica been banned yet?

Depends on your local, state and federal laws. But hey, if you have an internet connection and can't get erotica...

Well played. +1 to you sir.

Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the comedian is the only thing that makes sense.

Drone 16
Holy Horde
#3644 - 2014-03-26 20:48:55 UTC
Jarod Garamonde wrote:
stoicfaux wrote:
PotatoOverdose wrote:
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
Hi, my name is Joe.
I have a reputation for kicking small children in the face.
A week ago this boy of age 7 stood in front of me in the grocery store line so I kicked him in the face.
Kid should have known better than to stand in front of me, after all I do have a reputation.
To punish his stupidity I kicked him in the face and stomach several more times.

Where were the child's parents (or other guardians) at the time of these proceedings?

He *is* the parent...

Confirming that angry carebears beat their wives and children when things don't go as planned (or demanded), in EVE.
Evil PvP pilots have healthy relationships. And you can't trust someone who is happy all the time. It is known.

So you finally stopped beating your wife? This can only be a good thing. Blink

It puts the peanutbutter on itself or it leaves the bonus round... - E1's greatest Hits

PotatoOverdose
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#3645 - 2014-03-26 20:49:40 UTC
Drone 16 wrote:
PotatoOverdose wrote:
stoicfaux wrote:
PotatoOverdose wrote:
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
Hi, my name is Joe.
A week ago this boy of age 7 stood in front of me in the grocery store line so I kicked him in the face.
Kid should have known better than to stand in front of me, after all I do have a reputation.
To punish his stupidity I kicked him in the face and stomach several more times.

Where were the child's parents (or other guardians) at the time of these proceedings?

He *is* the parent...

Was the grocery store in question located in the middle east or south east asia?

I believe it was in Uranus somewhere. Hmmm...trying to get a lock on the locale but there is a huge area to scan. Lol

Hmmmmm, I'll have to confirm with local municipality law enforcement regarding their regions' policy on progeny; ownership of.

This shouldn't take long, brb.
James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#3646 - 2014-03-26 20:49:43 UTC
He wasn't "free to leave" at any time. His leaving would mean instant forfeiture of all of the assets he'd previously handed over. Of course at that point he was never getting them back, but him not realizing that doesn't suddenly justify what was done.

Enjoying the rain today? ;)

Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#3647 - 2014-03-26 20:49:49 UTC
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
Tarojan wrote:
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
Hi, my name is Joe.

real life...game....real life...game....

You having troubles telling the difference between the two bud?

You seem to be having trouble telling where they separate.
If you torment someone for hours on a voice chat to the point where you're systematically attacking things like speech impediments, then it certainly has gone too far and crossed into the point of torment.

At which point you click on an X (or pull a plug out of the wall) and it's over.

This is one of the problems with modern society: no one expects grown folks to take care of themselves anymore.
Sirinda
Ekchuah's Shrine Comporium
#3648 - 2014-03-26 20:50:15 UTC
Mag's wrote:
Salvos Rhoska wrote:
The ultimate payout might be a roundhouse kick to the face from some random aggrieved loony at Fanfest.
:Moral high ground:

It's a good spot to emplace the artillery.

Also, I'm not below admitting that's something I'd be laughing my jollies off about. Karma's a *****.
Navi Annages
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#3649 - 2014-03-26 20:50:49 UTC
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
Danalee wrote:
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
Danalee wrote:
Also see someone for you brain damage causing you to think that asking someone to sing a song equals kicking kids in the face.

I never said they were the same thing.
I'm making an analogy to harm here.

So tormenting someone for hours on the promise of giving them their stuff back is acceptable to you?

Nobody was tormented.

That's pretty obviously false.

Submitting to humiliation willingly is subject to the adult in question. We are positive that sohkar is a 27 year old adult claiming to be a military veteran (some army pogue most likely) who theoretically would be able to stand up to huge amounts of psychological pressure in our outside of a game. So your saying torment and I'm claiming BS. If he's a military vet then he's right up there with the disgrace that I enjoyed sending up for NJP.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8-JfK-wwFU

Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#3650 - 2014-03-26 20:51:22 UTC
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
He wasn't "free to leave" at any time. His leaving would mean instant forfeiture of all of the assets he'd previously handed over. Of course at that point he was never getting them back, but him not realizing that doesn't suddenly justify what was done.

Imaginary video game assets. If he can't understand that those things meant nothing, then how is that someone else's problem?

Again, where is the expectations we as a society should have for people above the age of majority?
Danalee
Pandemic Horde Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#3651 - 2014-03-26 20:51:43 UTC
Alp Khan wrote:

Exploitation of phobias, such as -- say -- making a man with an admitted speech impediment perform long periods of public speaking. Check."

Who deprived that bigot of sleep?
Who allowed the interrogation to take place?
Which racist isolated himself?
Which homophobe was greedy?
How is ignoring a small speech hickup anything more than common courtesy?

Why are you trying so hard?

D.

Bear

Proud member of the Somalian Coast Guard Authority

Member and Juror of the Court of Crime and Punishment

James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#3652 - 2014-03-26 20:51:48 UTC
Navi Annages wrote:
Submitting to humiliation willingly is subject to the adult in question.

How "willing" is it when you're doing it to get your stuff back?

Warmonger Murderalt
Shady Business Inc.
#3653 - 2014-03-26 20:52:19 UTC  |  Edited by: Warmonger Murderalt
Xuixien wrote:
Warmonger Murderalt wrote:

That's the problem with this community though, it's so isolated that it seems to have lost touch with what's acceptable and what is not. It has stewed in its own toxic pool for so long that people seem to have accept such behavior as the norm.

Acceptable in what setting? I can suicide gank/pod you all day, but IRL if I destroyed property or hurt someone I'd be in jail pretty fast.

So really your statement... is nonsense without some context behind it.

The fact is: If it's not against the EULA/TOS or any laws... it's acceptable in EVE.

Sorry if you don't find it personally acceptable - but that's your failure, not EVE or EVE's community.

Let me make things simple on this point:
You can suicide gank/pod me all day if you like as that is an in game mechanic, and in real life if you hurt someone you'd be in jail, because one is a supported in game mechanic that has benefits and consequences and the other is in real life exactly as you said. While there are many things to be argued about the behavior involved, as stated, the times he took it out of the game and into real life an obvious line was crossed where now we find the community in this mess. And there are many things that are not allowed in EVE that are neither illegal in most countries nor specifically stated in the EULA/TOS as being forbidden but are covered by more general terms.

But that's besides my point, which is that the behavior is being dragged into the public eye against the wishes of those who believe this is acceptable and that should it be dragged into the public eye it will hurt the image of EVE and CCP will be forced to react and everyone involved will end up much worse off than they would have had they responded correctly in the beginning.
PotatoOverdose
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#3654 - 2014-03-26 20:52:40 UTC
PotatoOverdose wrote:
Drone 16 wrote:
PotatoOverdose wrote:
stoicfaux wrote:
PotatoOverdose wrote:

He *is* the parent...

Was the grocery store in question located in the middle east or south east asia?

I believe it was in Uranus somewhere. Hmmm...trying to get a lock on the locale but there is a huge area to scan. Lol

Hmmmmm, I'll have to confirm with local municipality law enforcement regarding their regions' policy on progeny; ownership of.

This shouldn't take long, brb.

Couldn't get a straight answer out of them. Place is a real shithole.
Mixu Paatelainen
Eve Refinery
#3655 - 2014-03-26 20:52:57 UTC
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
Navi Annages wrote:

Why is your stuff so important?
Xuixien
Solar Winds Security Solutions
#3656 - 2014-03-26 20:53:01 UTC
Alp Khan wrote:
Puuhanalle wrote:
Alp Khan wrote:

You know you can continue to falsely claim that all Erotica 1 does is getting songs out of people he scams all day long, and you won't be fooling anybody.

That record goes on for three hours and is full of enhanced interrogation techniques and mental torture.

You are lying to whiteknight real life psychopathy.

I Just had to do a google search on enhanced interrogation techniques cause I had no idea what those could be. There actually was a wikipedia arcticle by that name. Here's a quote:
Quote:
Enhanced interrogation techniques or alternative set of procedures are terms the George W. Bush administration used to describe methods of torture, including hypothermia, stress positions and waterboarding.

Damn looks like you must have been right. All of that stuff was clearly happening on that recording.

1: He was not forcibly kept awake.
2: Debatable.
3: What interrogation? A few questions at the beginning of the recording and interspersed =!= long period of interrogation.
4: This is unverifiable - what does it mean to "isolate and surround" psychologically?
5: One check.
6: It is unknown that the client had a phobia. Suffice to say if the client did have a phobia who would not have so readily engaged in said behaviors without exhibiting stress, which he did not.

No leg to stand on, again, you're sat down, little bee. (I noticed you completely ignored my other post - a little too inconvenient maybe? Hehehehehehehehehe )

Epic Space Cat, Horsegirl, Philanthropist

James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#3657 - 2014-03-26 20:53:20 UTC
Jenn aSide wrote:
James Amril-Kesh wrote:

Imaginary video game assets. If he can't understand that those things meant nothing, then how is that someone else's problem?

If they mean nothing to you then you're free to hand all of yours over to me.
I'm sure if you got duped into giving all of your assets away you'd shrug it off instead of trying to find any way possible of getting them back.

stoicfaux
#3658 - 2014-03-26 20:53:27 UTC
Dinsdale Pirannha wrote:
Well, though I did not expect CCP to make any kind of decision or move in the 24 hours since this scandal has exploded, I would have expected them to at least acknowledge it, and I am not talking about falcon's platitudes of "we are monitoring the situation" he has posted in several threads he has shut down. There is nothing on tweetfleet from CCP even acknowledging there is an issue.

Let's see what tomorrow brings, but it is starting to appear that CCP is just going to hunker down and try to ride out the storm. Not that I am surprised if they choose that direction. CCP has made it clear through many many of their actions what they truly think of the largest portion of their subscription base.

The next couple days will be the proof if CCP is serious about increasing their subscription base with decent human beings by cleaning up the toxic cesspool that Eve has become, or if the status quo is what they want.

I disagree about the timing. I wouldn't expect an official statement from CCP until Monday or Tuesday, IMO. CCP doesn't seem to rush when considering these PR issues, and from what I've seen (remembered) they like to have a solid, well reasoned foundation to base their decision on.

Pon Farr Memorial: once every 7 years, all the carebears in high-sec must PvP or they will be temp-banned.

Navi Annages
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#3659 - 2014-03-26 20:54:16 UTC
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
Navi Annages wrote:

He knew he had been scammed the moment he entered the channel whatever happens from that moment on is is own falsified vet self fault.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8-JfK-wwFU

Xuixien
Solar Winds Security Solutions
#3660 - 2014-03-26 20:54:37 UTC
James Amril-Kesh wrote:

But he was indeed still free to leave.

He was not being restrained physically or under any threat of any actual physical harm or loss of real objects.

Doesn't hold up, sorry.

Epic Space Cat, Horsegirl, Philanthropist