These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Jester Trek Latest Blog

First post First post
Author
Xuixien
Solar Winds Security Solutions
#3621 - 2014-03-26 20:44:03 UTC
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
Danalee wrote:
Also see someone for you brain damage causing you to think that asking someone to sing a song equals kicking kids in the face.

I never said they were the same thing.
I'm making an analogy to harm here.

So tormenting someone for hours on the promise of giving them their stuff back is acceptable to you?

In EVE? Absolutely.

I'm actually sad that no tormenting actually took place, though. I am a RLPSYCHOPATHHANNIBAL, after all.

Epic Space Cat, Horsegirl, Philanthropist

Drone 16
Holy Horde
#3622 - 2014-03-26 20:44:06 UTC
Toshiro Ozuwara wrote:
Erotica 1 wrote:
But you know what, I do have concerns for my wife and son.

Shame you don't think about their best interests when you treat other people poorly on the internet.

/thread

It puts the peanutbutter on itself or it leaves the bonus round... - E1's greatest Hits

Vera Algaert
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#3623 - 2014-03-26 20:44:19 UTC
Erotica 1 was kicked from the CFC because he was annoyingly desperate for any scrap of attention or recognition.

And GD spends 180+ pages masturbating him... Roll

Danalee
Pandemic Horde Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#3624 - 2014-03-26 20:44:29 UTC  |  Edited by: Danalee
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
Danalee wrote:
Also see someone for you brain damage causing you to think that asking someone to sing a song equals kicking kids in the face.

So tormenting someone for hours on the promise of giving them their stuff back is acceptable to you?

Nobody was tormented.
Nobody was forced to do anything.
Nobody was harmed.
Your analogy is so flawd and if you don't see that well than my previous suggestions stand.

Ero can't help it the contestant was superslow, can he?

D.

Bear

Proud member of the Somalian Coast Guard Authority

Member and Juror of the Court of Crime and Punishment

stoicfaux
#3625 - 2014-03-26 20:44:38 UTC  |  Edited by: stoicfaux
Tasha Saisima wrote:
Has erotica been banned yet?

Depends on your local, state and federal laws. But hey, if you have an internet connection and can't get erotica...

Pon Farr Memorial: once every 7 years, all the carebears in high-sec must PvP or they will be temp-banned.

PotatoOverdose
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#3626 - 2014-03-26 20:44:45 UTC
stoicfaux wrote:
PotatoOverdose wrote:
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
Hi, my name is Joe.
I have a reputation for kicking small children in the face.
A week ago this boy of age 7 stood in front of me in the grocery store line so I kicked him in the face.
Kid should have known better than to stand in front of me, after all I do have a reputation.
To punish his stupidity I kicked him in the face and stomach several more times.

Where were the child's parents (or other guardians) at the time of these proceedings?

He *is* the parent...

Was the grocery store in question located in the middle east or south east asia?
Xuixien
#3627 - 2014-03-26 20:45:18 UTC
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
Xuixien wrote:
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
But he was stupid and that makes it okay to hurt him.

Isn't that the whole premise of PvP in EVE - ganking, scamming, griefing?

They're stupid, so it's okay?

Like the Ice Interdiction? Right? Right?

No, it's not. The premise is that it's a game, so it's okay.
This was taken out of the game and made personal.

Sorry, it was still within the context of EVE.

That it took place on TS3 is incidental to EVE voice being a piece of garbage.

But cling to that straw for dear life, cliiiiing.

James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#3628 - 2014-03-26 20:45:20 UTC
Xuixien wrote:
In EVE? Absolutely.

This wasn't in EVE.

Xuixien wrote:
I'm actually sad that no tormenting actually took place, though.

Except it did.

Enjoying the rain today? ;)

Tarojan
Tarojan Corporation
#3629 - 2014-03-26 20:45:43 UTC
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
Hi, my name is Joe.
A week ago this boy of age 7 stood in front of me in the grocery store line so I kicked him in the face.
Kid should have known better than to stand in front of me, after all I do have a reputation.
To punish his stupidity I kicked him in the face and stomach several more times.

real life...game....real life...game....

You having troubles telling the difference between the two bud?

Will gank for food

James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#3630 - 2014-03-26 20:46:07 UTC
Danalee wrote:
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
Danalee wrote:

Nobody was tormented.

That's pretty obviously false.

Xuixien
#3631 - 2014-03-26 20:46:20 UTC
Danalee wrote:
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
Danalee wrote:

Nobody was tormented.
Nobody was forced to do anything.
Nobody was harmed.
Your analogy is so flawd and if you don't see that well than my previous suggestions stand.

D.

Bear

The desk was harmed.

Desks are people, too.

Jarod Garamonde
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#3632 - 2014-03-26 20:46:32 UTC
stoicfaux wrote:
PotatoOverdose wrote:
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
Hi, my name is Joe.

Where were the child's parents (or other guardians) at the time of these proceedings?

He *is* the parent...

Confirming that angry carebears beat their wives and children when things don't go as planned (or demanded), in EVE.
Evil PvP pilots have healthy relationships. And you can't trust someone who is happy all the time. It is known.

That moment when you realize the crazy lady with all the cats was right...

[#savethelance]
Mario Putzo
#3633 - 2014-03-26 20:46:35 UTC
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Sorry Guys but I actually have to do work. You must get to page 200 without me. Post on!
Dinsdale Pirannha
Pirannha Corp
#3634 - 2014-03-26 20:46:48 UTC
Well, though I did not expect CCP to make any kind of decision or move in the 24 hours since this scandal has exploded, I would have expected them to at least acknowledge it, and I am not talking about falcon's platitudes of "we are monitoring the situation" he has posted in several threads he has shut down. There is nothing on tweetfleet from CCP even acknowledging there is an issue.

Let's see what tomorrow brings, but it is starting to appear that CCP is just going to hunker down and try to ride out the storm. Not that I am surprised if they choose that direction. CCP has made it clear through many many of their actions what they truly think of the largest portion of their subscription base.

The next couple days will be the proof if CCP is serious about increasing their subscription base with decent human beings by cleaning up the toxic cesspool that Eve has become, or if the status quo is what they want.
Drone 16
Holy Horde
#3635 - 2014-03-26 20:46:54 UTC
PotatoOverdose wrote:
stoicfaux wrote:
PotatoOverdose wrote:
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
Hi, my name is Joe.

He *is* the parent...

Was the grocery store in question located in the middle east or south east asia?

I believe it was in Uranus somewhere. Hmmm...trying to get a lock on the locale but there is a huge area to scan. Lol

It puts the peanutbutter on itself or it leaves the bonus round... - E1's greatest Hits

Cha'ka Khan
Dark Skies Dojo
Wrong Hole.
#3636 - 2014-03-26 20:47:06 UTC
DAMN! You guys are STILL tearing this story apart and making a mountain from a mole ridge. Congratulations on being no better than the damn news media beating a dead horse with a stick..... Twisted

The only thing we have to fear, is new pilots and AFK miners. 

Xuixien
#3637 - 2014-03-26 20:47:22 UTC
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
Xuixien wrote:
In EVE? Absolutely.

This wasn't in EVE.

Xuixien wrote:
I'm actually sad that no tormenting actually took place, though.

Except it did.

It was within the context of EVE. Communicating via TS3 was incidental.

And no, no tormenting took place, again (for the 1208394723th time) unless you count singing Gummy Bears to the Rescue as "torment".

Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#3638 - 2014-03-26 20:47:23 UTC  |  Edited by: Jenn aSide
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
Hi, my name is Joe.
I have a reputation for kicking small children grown folks who give consent 1st in the face.
A week ago this boy of age 7 Grown married man stood in front of me in the grocery store line so I kicked him in the face after he signed a release form.
Kid grown married man old enough to consent to many things including playing EVE Online should have known better than to stand in front of me, after all I do have a reputation.
To punish his stupidity I kicked him in the face and stomach several more times after he left and came back asking for more.

Fixed.
Ranger 1
Ranger Corp
Vae. Victis.
#3639 - 2014-03-26 20:47:28 UTC
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
Hi, my name is Joe.

That's horrible James, and you should be punished.

Next time you have a bone to pick someone make sure it's an adult, and restrict yourself to asking them to voluntarily sing and read text. That way you'll have done nothing wrong. Blink

View the latest EVE Online developments and other game related news and gameplay by visiting Ranger 1 Presents: Virtual Realms.

James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#3640 - 2014-03-26 20:47:34 UTC
Tarojan wrote:
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
Hi, my name is Joe.

real life...game....real life...game....

You having troubles telling the difference between the two bud?

You seem to be having trouble telling where they separate.
If you torment someone for hours on a voice chat to the point where you're systematically attacking things like speech impediments, then it certainly has gone too far and crossed into the point of torment.