These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Jester Trek Latest Blog

First post First post
Author
James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#3601 - 2014-03-26 20:37:09 UTC
Hi, my name is Joe.
I have a reputation for kicking small children in the face.
A week ago this boy of age 7 stood in front of me in the grocery store line so I kicked him in the face.
Kid should have known better than to stand in front of me, after all I do have a reputation.
To punish his stupidity I kicked him in the face and stomach several more times.

Enjoying the rain today? ;)

Katkon Darnok
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#3602 - 2014-03-26 20:38:09 UTC
Xuixien wrote:
Ranger 1 wrote:
Danalee wrote:
Alp Khan wrote:
enhanced interrogation techniques

No amount of Shocked is gonna cover this...

GET. A. LIFE.

IRL

D.

Bear

I'm beginning to suspect that Alp Khan is an alt of E1, being used to simply troll the thread from the other side.

If so, well played (but a wee bit over the top).

Can anyone who is not the alt of someone famous/infamous please stand up? We should start a separate thread.

That'd be me. It's a relatively lonely existence. Thankfully the passion, mystery, intrigue and conspiracy theories in this thread help keep life interesting. My hypothesis: everyone on this thread, and in-game, but me is really just a CCP developer or NPC bot. I am the only subscribing player in this game. The game's called EVE. I'm the only player. It is PvE only. And this post is completely and utterly pointless.
James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#3603 - 2014-03-26 20:38:30 UTC
But he was stupid and that makes it okay to hurt him.

Xuixien
Solar Winds Security Solutions
#3604 - 2014-03-26 20:38:49 UTC
Mario Putzo wrote:
Anne Dieu-le-veut wrote:
Didn't this happen over a month ago? CCP did nothing about it then, and I doubt they will now. I don't look at massively.com or mmorpg.com that often, but I don't remember them covering this. Am I wrong?

Yes this is just some personal vendetta Ripard Teg has against Erotica,

Exactly this.

I can't believe the community is so simple minded as to allow themselves to be herded like sh-

Ah, nevermind. I shouldn't be surprised, really.

Epic Space Cat, Horsegirl, Philanthropist

Navi Annages
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#3605 - 2014-03-26 20:38:59 UTC
Warmonger Murderalt wrote:
Drone 16 wrote:
Antihrist Pripravnik wrote:
I really can't take a side here because I couldn't care less about what other players with who I don't have any contact with do. Neither Erotica 1 or the other guy belong to a group of players that I make in-game or out of the game contacts with, but the same applies to tens of thousands of other players just the same.

I am only worried about media backfire which tends to happen after a threadnought like this.

The only thing that is clear is that CCP now, after this much exposure, has to act in some way ... any way. By providing an official statement that they have investigated the issue, list the rules that are applicable to situations like this and , for example, not ban any of the parties is totally acceptable to me. But the official statement is needed just to leave the impression that CCP as a company knows and cares about what is going on in and around their game.

That is an excellent point. I don't think the media should have been contacted. This was always a community issue and should have remained one. No one should want CCP to be forced into an action based on pressure from outside the community, its unpredictable.

That's the problem with this community though, it's so isolated that it seems to have lost touch with what's acceptable and what is not. It has stewed in its own toxic pool for so long that people seem to have accept such behavior as the norm.

That ultimately is why so few who are arguing for this being acceptable behavior are willing to also argue for it to played in a public venue, because they know that if exposed to normal standards of decency, the public at large will associate this kind of behavior with the rest of the community and then label them as a toxic group. No one wants to be the next big hate group that represents vile behavior. This is also why sometimes bringing the world at large into touch is also necessary, because it forces perspective.

No one wants CCP to be backed into a corner and forced to take a desperate action because this will be handled poorly under such circumstances. Everyone will regret the outcome. But the community has not only refused to accept responsibility it has become a place where this is being argued for as legitimate gameplay. And CCP has refused responsibility and continues to ignore it, bringing this kind of situation on itself.

If there is severe backlash from outside forces, which at this point is a real possibility, it will get ugly, and EVE will suffer for it, but everyone involved will have brought it upon themselves.

What backlash? In real terms tell me who's gonna honestly unsub in enough bulk to warrant ccp having financial issues. Here's some backlash no one cares. This game is meant to be deceptive, evil, conniving ect ect ect. CCP promotes this crap because in real life, companies, business and quite simply put, people are not free of being bloodguilty. Ever watch political debates where they wipe each others backsides with fluffy lavender scented tissue paper? Me either. People are out for blood in real life. So why not sandbox a game where ANYTHING goes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8-JfK-wwFU

PotatoOverdose
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#3606 - 2014-03-26 20:39:05 UTC  |  Edited by: PotatoOverdose
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
Hi, my name is Joe.
A week ago this boy of age 7 stood in front of me in the grocery store line so I kicked him in the face.
Kid should have known better than to stand in front of me, after all I do have a reputation.
To punish his stupidity I kicked him in the face and stomach several more times.

Where were the child's parents (or other guardians) at the time of these proceedings?
Mario Putzo
#3607 - 2014-03-26 20:39:27 UTC
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
Hi, my name is Joe.

Delicious hyperbole.
Anomaly One
Doomheim
#3608 - 2014-03-26 20:39:39 UTC
if Erotica 1 gets banned
****. this. game.

You're gonna tell me that an idiot who willfully stays that long singing songs and humiliating himself deserves any kind of sympathy, so now we're gonna protect idiots? oh how sad..

and holy **** seriously 180 pages??????

Psychotic Monk for CSM9 https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=326497 you want content in highsec? vote Monk

Danalee
Pandemic Horde Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#3609 - 2014-03-26 20:39:49 UTC
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
Hi, my name is Joe.

You are a bad person and should seek help for your anger issues.
Also see someone for you brain damage causing you to think that asking someone to sing a song equals kicking kids in the face.

No thanks.

D.

Bear

Proud member of the Somalian Coast Guard Authority

Member and Juror of the Court of Crime and Punishment

Mario Putzo
#3610 - 2014-03-26 20:40:14 UTC
Anomaly One wrote:
if Erotica 1 gets banned
****. this. game.

You're gonna tell me that an idiot who willfully stays that long singing songs and humiliating himself deserves any kind of sympathy, so now we're gonna protect idiots? oh how sad..

stoicfaux
#3611 - 2014-03-26 20:40:26 UTC
PotatoOverdose wrote:
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
Hi, my name is Joe.

Where were the child's parents (or other guardians) at the time of these proceedings?

He *is* the parent...

Pon Farr Memorial: once every 7 years, all the carebears in high-sec must PvP or they will be temp-banned.

Anomaly One
Doomheim
#3612 - 2014-03-26 20:40:35 UTC
Mario Putzo wrote:
Yes this is just some personal vendetta Ripard Teg has against Erotica

/thread

Psychotic Monk for CSM9 https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=326497 you want content in highsec? vote Monk

Xuixien
Solar Winds Security Solutions
#3613 - 2014-03-26 20:40:44 UTC
James Amril-Kesh wrote:

Isn't that the whole premise of PvP in EVE - ganking, scamming, griefing?

They're stupid, so it's okay?

Like the Ice Interdiction? Right? Right?

Epic Space Cat, Horsegirl, Philanthropist

Tasha Saisima
Doomheim
#3614 - 2014-03-26 20:42:03 UTC
Has erotica been banned yet?
James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#3615 - 2014-03-26 20:42:53 UTC
Danalee wrote:
Also see someone for you brain damage causing you to think that asking someone to sing a song equals kicking kids in the face.

I never said they were the same thing.
I'm making an analogy to harm here.

So tormenting someone for hours on the promise of giving them their stuff back is acceptable to you?

Toshiro Ozuwara
Perkone
#3616 - 2014-03-26 20:42:55 UTC
Erotica 1 wrote:
But you know what, I do have concerns for my wife and son.

Shame you don't think about their best interests when you treat other people poorly on the internet.

It didn't take long to locate the tracking beacon, deep inside the quarters for sleepin' They thought they could get away Not today, it's not the way that this kid plays

Drone 16
Holy Horde
#3617 - 2014-03-26 20:43:13 UTC
Anomaly One wrote:
if Erotica 1 gets banned
****. this. game.

You going to quit? The Amarr Royal Institute sure will miss you. Send them your stuff...I would ask you for some but I don't enjoy the scent of petulance.

It puts the peanutbutter on itself or it leaves the bonus round... - E1's greatest Hits

Ranger 1
Ranger Corp
Vae. Victis.
#3618 - 2014-03-26 20:43:42 UTC
Warmonger Murderalt wrote:
Drone 16 wrote:
Antihrist Pripravnik wrote:
I really can't take a side here because I couldn't care less about what other players with who I don't have any contact with do. Neither Erotica 1 or the other guy belong to a group of players that I make in-game or out of the game contacts with, but the same applies to tens of thousands of other players just the same.

I am only worried about media backfire which tends to happen after a threadnought like this.

The only thing that is clear is that CCP now, after this much exposure, has to act in some way ... any way. By providing an official statement that they have investigated the issue, list the rules that are applicable to situations like this and , for example, not ban any of the parties is totally acceptable to me. But the official statement is needed just to leave the impression that CCP as a company knows and cares about what is going on in and around their game.

That is an excellent point. I don't think the media should have been contacted. This was always a community issue and should have remained one. No one should want CCP to be forced into an action based on pressure from outside the community, its unpredictable.

That's the problem with this community though, it's so isolated that it seems to have lost touch with what's acceptable and what is not. It has stewed in its own toxic pool for so long that people seem to have accept such behavior as the norm.

That ultimately is why so few who are arguing for this being acceptable behavior are willing to also argue for it to played in a public venue, because they know that if exposed to normal standards of decency, the public at large will associate this kind of behavior with the rest of the community and then label them as a toxic group. No one wants to be the next big hate group that represents vile behavior. This is also why sometimes bringing the world at large into touch is also necessary, because it forces perspective.

No one wants CCP to be backed into a corner and forced to take a desperate action because this will be handled poorly under such circumstances. Everyone will regret the outcome. But the community has not only refused to accept responsibility it has become a place where this is being argued for as legitimate gameplay. And CCP has refused responsibility and continues to ignore it, bringing this kind of situation on itself.

If there is severe backlash from outside forces, which at this point is a real possibility, it will get ugly, and EVE will suffer for it, but everyone involved will have brought it upon themselves.

... and the entire rest of the internet along with it.

Seriously, do you even use the internet?

View the latest EVE Online developments and other game related news and gameplay by visiting Ranger 1 Presents: Virtual Realms.

David Kir
Hotbirds
#3619 - 2014-03-26 20:43:46 UTC  |  Edited by: David Kir
Erotica 1 wrote:
David Kir wrote:

I don't think so.

But don't care about that.
I care about the fact that people like E1 actively drive away new players.

It is well known that I regularly dole out free isk and advice to new players.

It is not.

Your reputation is that of scammer (ISK doubler, otherwise said), not of a community benefactor.
And that's not an issue.

What is an issue is being cruel to other players, provoking them and humiliating them for your personal enjoyment, recording all of it and making it public.

I do know that EVE's gameplay implies a certain degree of cruelty, but this is far beyond what one would call gameplay mechanics.

I am not one of those who want you banned, I'm one of those who are disgusted.

Friends are like cows: if you eat them, they die.

James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#3620 - 2014-03-26 20:43:48 UTC
Xuixien wrote:
James Amril-Kesh wrote:

Isn't that the whole premise of PvP in EVE - ganking, scamming, griefing?

They're stupid, so it's okay?

Like the Ice Interdiction? Right? Right?

No, it's not. The premise is that it's a game, so it's okay.
This was taken out of the game and made personal.