These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Jester Trek Latest Blog

First post First post
Author
PotatoOverdose
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#3581 - 2014-03-26 20:21:15 UTC
stoicfaux wrote:
Until then, we're all just desperate for "high functioning sociopath" drama.

Start a "bonus room." Plenty of drama. P
Ranger 1
Ranger Corp
Vae. Victis.
#3582 - 2014-03-26 20:21:16 UTC
Navi Annages wrote:
Alp Khan wrote:
Erotica 1 wrote:
Bethan Le Troix wrote:
Has CCP made a comment on this issue since the first one telling us all to be polite to each other? 158 pages and it's still going strong.

It does seem like the use of this 'bonus room' idea is premeditated in that I think others have said the conversation was moved from EVE voice to a TS channel. So Erotica 1 probably knew beforehand that there could be some comeback on him if he conducted his actions through EVE voice.

I also don't understand why Erotica 1 didn't realise it had gone too far once the victims wife intervened and started asking Erotica 1 what was happening. Would he like this to happen to one of his family members, wife or children?

A lot of replies are focusing on the anger of the victim directed at Erotica 1 on the sound recording and on possibly violent suggestions towards Erotica 1 within replies to this post. People will react in different ways to being bullied and some will react aggressively and/or with violence. It's completely understandable if you mess with people to expect a reaction. Play with fire and you will get burned.

It has been said many times. EVE voice sucks.

EVE voice happens to be falling under the TOS and EULA which would have landed you a violation ban if you ever pulled what you usually pull over through Teamspeak.

Lucky for him the anonymity blanket is nice and warm on that TS3 server eh?

Your anonymity is preserved when using EVE Voice as well.

I'd like to hear of a single incident where someone was banned from EVE because of something said on EVE voice.

Just one will do.

The ability to leave a channel, or kick someone if it's your channel, pretty much covers what appropriate steps to take if you are uncomfortable with the conversation.

View the latest EVE Online developments and other game related news and gameplay by visiting Ranger 1 Presents: Virtual Realms.

Danalee
Pandemic Horde Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#3583 - 2014-03-26 20:22:18 UTC
Alp Khan wrote:
Danalee wrote:
Alp Khan wrote:
enhanced interrogation techniques

No amount of Shocked is gonna cover this...

GET. A. LIFE.

IRL

D.

Bear

It is you who in fact must really get a life and inform yourself about what such techniques are consisted of.

This is not a joke. I'm not laughing.

I know you aren't laughing, hence my suggestion to GET. A. LIFE. IRL.
Or just keep posting creepy posts... Whatever floats your broken boat.

D.

Bear

Proud member of the Somalian Coast Guard Authority

Member and Juror of the Court of Crime and Punishment

Navi Annages
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#3584 - 2014-03-26 20:24:03 UTC
Feyd Rautha Harkonnen wrote:
Jarod Garamonde wrote:
Feyd Rautha Harkonnen wrote:
Well one thing is for sure, due to the vile heresies against HTFU and rampant pansification on display here, I am taking the unprecedented step of adding a +5 to our Kill-It-Forward queue.

The inquisitors of HTFU will slaughter no less than five innocent carebears in hisec in the coming days, and let them know it is because of heretics like Ripard and Luminous Spirit that they are suffering their losses.

Your heresies, our hands, their blood, your conscience,

Insha'Allah.

F

I, too, will sacrifice a carebear to atone for the sins carebears have committed in this threadnought.
May their lossmails weigh heavily upon the tortured souls of the angry mob.

GOD WILLS IT!

This is digital currency right here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8-JfK-wwFU

Helena Russell Makanen
DRRUSSEL
#3585 - 2014-03-26 20:24:38 UTC
Bayonnefrog wrote:

I found the soundcloud for one of the mayonnaise bonus room incidents alluded to earlier in this thread and others.

Erotica 1 mayonnaise + picture audio

All I can say is creepy. Just creepy. Probably best to not have our game involved in stuff like this.

Didn't erotica in this very thread SWEAR the mayonnaise thing never happened? He/She LIED? How shocking. I smell the stink of desperation.

"If a miner needs to go to the bathroom, for instance, I ask that they dock up first, or at the very least ask the Supreme Protector for permission to go."  -  James 315 - aka - the miner bumper

Doc Fury
Furious Enterprises
#3586 - 2014-03-26 20:25:37 UTC
stoicfaux wrote:
Danalee wrote:
Alp Khan wrote:

GET. A. LIFE.

IRL

D.

Bear

Not until new episodes of Sherlock come out. Until then, we're all just desperate for "high functioning sociopath" drama.

I would encourage you to try "Hannibal" on NBC in the US.

There's a million angry citizens looking down their tubes..at me.

Ranger 1
Ranger Corp
Vae. Victis.
#3587 - 2014-03-26 20:26:40 UTC
Danalee wrote:
Alp Khan wrote:

GET. A. LIFE.

IRL

D.

Bear

I'm beginning to suspect that Alp Khan is an alt of E1, being used to simply troll the thread from the other side.

If so, well played (but a wee bit over the top).

View the latest EVE Online developments and other game related news and gameplay by visiting Ranger 1 Presents: Virtual Realms.

Xuixien
Solar Winds Security Solutions
#3588 - 2014-03-26 20:29:01 UTC
Ranger 1 wrote:
Danalee wrote:
Alp Khan wrote:

GET. A. LIFE.

IRL

D.

Bear

I'm beginning to suspect that Alp Khan is an alt of E1, being used to simply troll the thread from the other side.

Can anyone who is not the alt of someone famous/infamous please stand up? We should start a separate thread.

Epic Space Cat, Horsegirl, Philanthropist

Anne Dieu-le-veut
Natl Assn for the Advancement of Criminal People
#3589 - 2014-03-26 20:29:33 UTC
Didn't this happen over a month ago? CCP did nothing about it then, and I doubt they will now. I don't look at massively.com or mmorpg.com that often, but I don't remember them covering this. Am I wrong?
KnowUsByTheDead
Sunlight...Through The Blight.
#3590 - 2014-03-26 20:30:10 UTC
Erotica 1 wrote:

It is well known that I regularly dole out free isk and advice to new players.

Not to mention pulling people off the forums who were burnt out, providing them with content, by introduction to several communities, and giving them a reason to keep playing the game, besides an isk race that is never going to be won?

New player helpful and able to keep old players occupied and interested?

Well that does it....

You have my vote for CSM.

In fact, I would suggest we appoint you in Ripard's place for the remainder of his term, because at least you don't manufacture lies and rabble rouse with half-truths and fringe cases.

Blink

Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the comedian is the only thing that makes sense.

Bayonnefrog
Blueprint Mania
#3591 - 2014-03-26 20:30:48 UTC
Erotica 1 wrote:

How many times have you seen a reference to "mayo," under aged pics, and other "creepy" things that never happened? You see it all the time. This "creepy" buzzword is straight out of the rightwing political playbook. Hey, say something enough and people are bound to believe you.

-Ero

There may or not be pics but this is what he said about it. I call it creepy because that what it feels like listening to it. Not a buzzword, just my simple opinion.
PotatoOverdose
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#3592 - 2014-03-26 20:30:56 UTC
Ranger 1 wrote:

Look, we gotta make it to page 200 somehow. People are counting on us.
Xuixien
#3593 - 2014-03-26 20:31:53 UTC
KnowUsByTheDead wrote:
Erotica 1 wrote:

It is well known that I regularly dole out free isk and advice to new players.

Not to mention pulling people off the forums who were burnt out, providing them with content, by introduction to several communities, and giving them a reason to keep playing the game, besides an isk race that is never going to be won?

New player helpful and able to keep old players occupied and interested?

Well that does it....

You have my vote for CSM.

In fact, I would suggest we appoint you in Ripard's place for the remainder of his term, because at least you don't manufacture lies and rabble rouse with half-truths and fringe cases.

Blink

If anything we can view the "victims" of Erotica 1's Bonus Room as nothing more than mere sacrificial lambs; sure, it sucks to be them, but their loss is an entire community's gain. The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one.

Warmonger Murderalt
Shady Business Inc.
#3594 - 2014-03-26 20:33:00 UTC
Drone 16 wrote:
Antihrist Pripravnik wrote:
I really can't take a side here because I couldn't care less about what other players with who I don't have any contact with do. Neither Erotica 1 or the other guy belong to a group of players that I make in-game or out of the game contacts with, but the same applies to tens of thousands of other players just the same.

I am only worried about media backfire which tends to happen after a threadnought like this.

The only thing that is clear is that CCP now, after this much exposure, has to act in some way ... any way. By providing an official statement that they have investigated the issue, list the rules that are applicable to situations like this and , for example, not ban any of the parties is totally acceptable to me. But the official statement is needed just to leave the impression that CCP as a company knows and cares about what is going on in and around their game.

That is an excellent point. I don't think the media should have been contacted. This was always a community issue and should have remained one. No one should want CCP to be forced into an action based on pressure from outside the community, its unpredictable.

That's the problem with this community though, it's so isolated that it seems to have lost touch with what's acceptable and what is not. It has stewed in its own toxic pool for so long that people seem to have accept such behavior as the norm.

That ultimately is why so few who are arguing for this being acceptable behavior are willing to also argue for it to played in a public venue, because they know that if exposed to normal standards of decency, the public at large will associate this kind of behavior with the rest of the community and then label them as a toxic group. No one wants to be the next big hate group that represents vile behavior. This is also why sometimes bringing the world at large into touch is also necessary, because it forces perspective.

No one wants CCP to be backed into a corner and forced to take a desperate action because this will be handled poorly under such circumstances. Everyone will regret the outcome. But the community has not only refused to accept responsibility it has become a place where this is being argued for as legitimate gameplay. And CCP has refused responsibility and continues to ignore it, bringing this kind of situation on itself.

If there is severe backlash from outside forces, which at this point is a real possibility, it will get ugly, and EVE will suffer for it, but everyone involved will have brought it upon themselves.
stoicfaux
#3595 - 2014-03-26 20:33:59 UTC
Xuixien wrote:

Also, I find it very hard to believe that singing a song violates copyright, and even if it did... I don't think any judge would waste their time on the case. "He sang a song over voice chat? Uh. I think I'd rather take the DV case today."

Given that it was posted to SoundCloud, that qualifies as distribution. I would say to also go after Ripard for linking to the SoundCloud from his blog (i.e. distributing as well) but, IIRC, some federal judge ruled that linking doesn't qualify as infringement anymore. *damnactivistjudges*

Pon Farr Memorial: once every 7 years, all the carebears in high-sec must PvP or they will be temp-banned.

Xuixien
#3596 - 2014-03-26 20:34:52 UTC
Warmonger Murderalt wrote:

That's the problem with this community though, it's so isolated that it seems to have lost touch with what's acceptable and what is not. It has stewed in its own toxic pool for so long that people seem to have accept such behavior as the norm.

Acceptable in what setting? I can suicide gank/pod you all day, but IRL if I destroyed property or hurt someone I'd be in jail pretty fast.

So really your statement... is nonsense without some context behind it.

The fact is: If it's not against the EULA/TOS or any laws... it's acceptable in EVE.

Sorry if you don't find it personally acceptable - but that's your failure, not EVE or EVE's community.

Puuhanalle
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#3597 - 2014-03-26 20:35:22 UTC
Alp Khan wrote:

You know you can continue to falsely claim that all Erotica 1 does is getting songs out of people he scams all day long, and you won't be fooling anybody.

That record goes on for three hours and is full of enhanced interrogation techniques and mental torture.

You are lying to whiteknight real life psychopathy.

I Just had to do a google search on enhanced interrogation techniques cause I had no idea what those could be. There actually was a wikipedia arcticle by that name. Here's a quote:
Quote:
Enhanced interrogation techniques or alternative set of procedures are terms the George W. Bush administration used to describe methods of torture, including hypothermia, stress positions and waterboarding.

Damn looks like you must have been right. All of that stuff was clearly happening on that recording.
Capt Starfox
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#3598 - 2014-03-26 20:36:35 UTC
David Kir wrote:

Because we aren't discussing EULA matters.

Where the hell have you been the past something-hundred pages!?

Abandon all hope ye who x up in fleet

Mario Putzo
#3599 - 2014-03-26 20:36:45 UTC
Anne Dieu-le-veut wrote:
Didn't this happen over a month ago? CCP did nothing about it then, and I doubt they will now. I don't look at massively.com or mmorpg.com that often, but I don't remember them covering this. Am I wrong?

Yes this is just some personal vendetta Ripard Teg has against Erotica,
Xuixien
#3600 - 2014-03-26 20:36:46 UTC
stoicfaux wrote:
Xuixien wrote:

Also, I find it very hard to believe that singing a song violates copyright, and even if it did... I don't think any judge would waste their time on the case. "He sang a song over voice chat? Uh. I think I'd rather take the DV case today."

Given that it was posted to SoundCloud, that qualifies as distribution. I would say to also go after Ripard for linking to the SoundCloud from his blog (i.e. distributing as well) but, IIRC, some federal judge ruled that linking doesn't qualify as infringement anymore. *damnactivistjudges*

Well then everyone's who ever posted a song they covered to the internet... is in real deep ****.

I'm sure Erotica 1 will be fine though... by the time his queue is up he'll probably be dead from old age.