These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Jester Trek Latest Blog

First post First post
Author
David Kir
Hotbirds
#3561 - 2014-03-26 20:14:44 UTC
Xuixien wrote:
A line was clearly crossed guys.

Erotica 1 gained possession of someone's in-game assets and then ask that they sing in order to get them back.

This is unprecedented in EVE Online's history and clearly violates the EULA

Article
Section 3
Paragraph 2
Subparagraph 6
The user shall not, at any point, request that another user sings.

Clearly.

But wait this was on TS3 so does the EULA cover it, or not?

If the EULA covers it... what part of the EULA did Erotica 1 breach?

If the EULA does not cover it... then why are we even having this discussion? No laws were broken, either.

Because we aren't discussing EULA matters.

Friends are like cows: if you eat them, they die.

Alp Khan
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#3562 - 2014-03-26 20:14:47 UTC
Erotica 1 wrote:
Xuixien wrote:
David Kir wrote:
Erotica 1 wrote:

This is one of the most disgusting posts in this thread and borders on the real world crime of swatting. Looks like you wish for me and my family to suffer real world fear over some internet spaceship alleged pixel scam thing. Get some help.

Yeah, that was stupid.

You, however, have no business talking about disgusting.

You've gone too far to have any authority on that subject.

This isn't about the scam.
It's about the way you treated that man.

I'm not one of those who think that CCP should ban you.
I'm not against scamming, either.
And yes, I've seen far worse than this.

But players like you are a large part of what drives people away from EVE, and I'd rather have ten more newbies around, rather than a "content creator" like you.

How he "treated" Sohkar?

You mean the part where they asked him to sing Gummy Bears to the Rescue?

If it would make the community feel better, I'll sing on TS. Maybe it can be part of a bounty tip donation drive. I really want to pass that WoW guy in the leaderboard.

At this point, it is clear that the community would be happy with your forced or voluntary departure from EVE online until a time that you can establish yourself as reformed and rehabilitated by a certified mental health care provider.
Navi Annages
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#3563 - 2014-03-26 20:15:12 UTC
LUMINOUS SPIRIT wrote:
Bayonnefrog wrote:
LUMINOUS SPIRIT wrote:
We as EVE community must say NO to the likes of E1 and Co.

We dont tolerate pedophiles, rapists, terrorists, drug dealers, online predators in our communities.
We must not tolerate them and their likes here.

E1 and Co must go.

I found the soundcloud for one of the mayonnaise bonus room incidents alluded to earlier in this thread and others.

Erotica 1 mayonnaise + picture audio

All I can say is creepy. Just creepy. Probably best to not have our game involved in stuff like this.

THIS.

Enough said.

Just ban.

Ban what? I see anyone that allows themselves to be subjugated to such things doing so of there own free will out of game regardless of any context.

Perhaps Riptar Teg should speak up instead of hiding behind the curtain. We all certainly see E1 commenting. I only see Riptar Teg using words like 'torture' and 'abuse'. You can't torture someone of there own free will. But since your such a banhammer friendly person here are some debate points to assist you in making your arguments valid. That is if you understand them. http://i.imgur.com/aEhOy.jpg?1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8-JfK-wwFU

Brusanan
Free State Project
#3564 - 2014-03-26 20:15:37 UTC
Alp Khan wrote:
Erotica 1 wrote:
Bethan Le Troix wrote:
Has CCP made a comment on this issue since the first one telling us all to be polite to each other? 158 pages and it's still going strong.

It does seem like the use of this 'bonus room' idea is premeditated in that I think others have said the conversation was moved from EVE voice to a TS channel. So Erotica 1 probably knew beforehand that there could be some comeback on him if he conducted his actions through EVE voice.

I also don't understand why Erotica 1 didn't realise it had gone too far once the victims wife intervened and started asking Erotica 1 what was happening. Would he like this to happen to one of his family members, wife or children?

A lot of replies are focusing on the anger of the victim directed at Erotica 1 on the sound recording and on possibly violent suggestions towards Erotica 1 within replies to this post. People will react in different ways to being bullied and some will react aggressively and/or with violence. It's completely understandable if you mess with people to expect a reaction. Play with fire and you will get burned.

It has been said many times. EVE voice sucks.

EVE voice happens to be falling under the TOS and EULA which would have landed you a violation ban if you ever pulled what you usually pull over through Teamspeak.

Something tells me you didn't actually listen to the recording before posting.
Olaf Raud
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#3565 - 2014-03-26 20:15:46 UTC
Gizznitt Malikite wrote:

To be frank, there is nothing individually wrong with having someone sing a song for ransom, or read the code for ransom.

There is something wrong with stringing a person along, toying and teasing them, with the sole intent of breaking them for your amusement.

Do you not see the difference?

Drone 16
Holy Horde
#3566 - 2014-03-26 20:15:52 UTC
Feyd Rautha Harkonnen wrote:
Well one thing is for sure, due to the vile heresies against HTFU and rampant pansification on display here, I am taking the unprecedented step of adding a +5 to our Kill-It-Forward queue.

The inquisitors of HTFU will slaughter no less than five innocent carebears in hisec in the coming days, and let them know it is because of heretics like Ripard and Luminous Spirit that they are suffering their losses.

Your heresies, our hands, their blood, your conscience,

Insha'Allah.

F

Why such a limp-wristed statement? Make it 10! IIRC I have seen you flashing red over by where The Wis bases out of a few times as I passed through. Love your work.

It puts the peanutbutter on itself or it leaves the bonus round... - E1's greatest Hits

stoicfaux
#3567 - 2014-03-26 20:16:05 UTC  |  Edited by: stoicfaux
Xuixien wrote:

By telling people to sing Gummy Bears to the Rescue?

What part of the EULA is that covered under?

The part about engaging in illegal actions as per the EULA/ToS. That particular song is copyrighted and by distributing a public performance of the song without a license, Erotica is on the hook.

;-)

Pon Farr Memorial: once every 7 years, all the carebears in high-sec must PvP or they will be temp-banned.

KnowUsByTheDead
Sunlight...Through The Blight.
#3568 - 2014-03-26 20:16:16 UTC
Listen guys...

I think we all need to take a breath.

Grab a beer, water, bong, whatever....

This thread is almost at 200 pages.

Let's keep it civil.

Much dishonorbru here.

Such amaze.

Wow.

Big smile

Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the comedian is the only thing that makes sense.

Icylce
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#3569 - 2014-03-26 20:16:27 UTC
So Ive listened to the recording. Its obvious what Erotica and his croonies do. Its disqusting, he is deliberately provoking him when he knows he is angry and humilates him. I dont think this warrants a ban for them nor do Sokhars threats deserve jailsentence.

Eroticas problem will solve itself alone anyways, when he bonus rooms someone who has the resources to find him and confront him IRL (not that I aprove of this type of behaviour) unlike Sokhar who just spews empty threats.
Helena Russell Makanen
DRRUSSEL
#3570 - 2014-03-26 20:16:37 UTC
Erotica 1 wrote:
Prie Mary wrote:
Just ban the narcissistic psychopath and be done with it. The only reason he is showing any kind of rational reasoning is because he has realised this might impact on him. Typical psychopathic behaviour

Typical argument for someone who has no desire to engage in an adult conversation. I don't think you know what a psychopath is. I am most certainly not one.

Sadistic sociopath?

"If a miner needs to go to the bathroom, for instance, I ask that they dock up first, or at the very least ask the Supreme Protector for permission to go."  -  James 315 - aka - the miner bumper

Danalee
Pandemic Horde Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#3571 - 2014-03-26 20:16:39 UTC
Alp Khan wrote:
enhanced interrogation techniques

No amount of Shocked is gonna cover this...

GET. A. LIFE.

IRL

D.

Bear

Proud member of the Somalian Coast Guard Authority

Member and Juror of the Court of Crime and Punishment

Jarod Garamonde
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#3572 - 2014-03-26 20:17:52 UTC
Brusanan wrote:
Alp Khan wrote:
Erotica 1 wrote:
Bethan Le Troix wrote:
Has CCP made a comment on this issue since the first one telling us all to be polite to each other? 158 pages and it's still going strong.

It does seem like the use of this 'bonus room' idea is premeditated in that I think others have said the conversation was moved from EVE voice to a TS channel. So Erotica 1 probably knew beforehand that there could be some comeback on him if he conducted his actions through EVE voice.

I also don't understand why Erotica 1 didn't realise it had gone too far once the victims wife intervened and started asking Erotica 1 what was happening. Would he like this to happen to one of his family members, wife or children?

A lot of replies are focusing on the anger of the victim directed at Erotica 1 on the sound recording and on possibly violent suggestions towards Erotica 1 within replies to this post. People will react in different ways to being bullied and some will react aggressively and/or with violence. It's completely understandable if you mess with people to expect a reaction. Play with fire and you will get burned.

It has been said many times. EVE voice sucks.

EVE voice happens to be falling under the TOS and EULA which would have landed you a violation ban if you ever pulled what you usually pull over through Teamspeak.

Something tells me you didn't actually listen to the recording before posting.

One time, Brusanan and I got into an argument, during a roam, and he made me admit, out loud, that I was wrong, on Vent.
It hurt my feelings, because I'm a narcissist and don't like being made aware of my own shortcomings. Ban Brusanan!
:p

That moment when you realize the crazy lady with all the cats was right...

[#savethelance]
Navi Annages
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#3573 - 2014-03-26 20:17:55 UTC
Icylce wrote:
So Ive listened to the recording. Its obvious what Erotica and his croonies do. Its disqusting, he is deliberately provoking him when he knows he is angry and humilates him. I dont think this warrants a ban for them nor do Sokhars threats deserve jailsentence.

Eroticas problem will solve itself alone anyways, when he bonus rooms someone who has the resources to find him and confront him IRL (not that I aprove of this type of behaviour) unlike Sokhar who just spews empty threats.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
At least you have common sense.

+100 eve points for you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8-JfK-wwFU

Xuixien
Solar Winds Security Solutions
#3574 - 2014-03-26 20:18:14 UTC  |  Edited by: Xuixien
Alp Khan wrote:

You know you can continue to falsely claim that all Erotica 1 does is getting songs out of people he scams all day long, and you won't be fooling anybody.

That record goes on for three hours and is full of enhanced interrogation techniques and mental torture.

You are lying to whiteknight real life psychopathy.

re: Falsely claim - Oh right I'm sorry. He makes them read The Code and Olga of Kiev and get podded. Dreadfully sorry, clearly the unabridged description of the Bonus Room violates multiple statutes in the EULA. Which ones, I'm not sure, but I'm quite certain someone will point them out............

.......eventually.

re: That record - What "enhanced interrogation techniques" - can you name them? What mental torture? Again, being asked to sing a song?

re: Psychopathy - you've already been sat down on that one little bee, but let me repeat for you because I know goons can be... a little sluggish:

Xuixien wrote:
Antisocial Personality Disorder, straight from the DSM-V (abridged).

Quote:
This pattern has also been referred to as psychopathy, sociopathy,
or dyssocial personality disorder.

For this diagnosis to be given, the individual must be at least age 18 years (Criterion B)
and must have had a history of some symptoms of conduct disorder before age 15 years
(Criterion C).
Conduct disorder involves a repetitive and persistent pattern of behavior in
which the basic rights of others or major age-appropriate societal norms or rules are violated.
The specific behaviors characteristic of conduct disorder fall into one of four categories:
aggression to people and animals, destruction of property, deceitfulness or theft, or
serious violation of rules.

Do we know this about Erotica 1?

Absolutely not.

You cannot therefore make any claim to psychopathy/ASPD, or the like.

Keep tryin' little bee. I'll keep sitting you back down. It amuses me, truly. Cool

Epic Space Cat, Horsegirl, Philanthropist

stoicfaux
#3575 - 2014-03-26 20:19:02 UTC
Danalee wrote:
Alp Khan wrote:

GET. A. LIFE.

IRL

D.

Bear

Not until new episodes of Sherlock come out. Until then, we're all just desperate for "high functioning sociopath" drama.

Pon Farr Memorial: once every 7 years, all the carebears in high-sec must PvP or they will be temp-banned.

Alp Khan
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#3576 - 2014-03-26 20:19:14 UTC
Danalee wrote:
Alp Khan wrote:

GET. A. LIFE.

IRL

D.

Bear

It is you who in fact must really get a life and inform yourself about what such techniques are consisted of.

This is not a joke. I'm not laughing.
Mario Putzo
#3577 - 2014-03-26 20:19:21 UTC
Bayonnefrog wrote:
LUMINOUS SPIRIT wrote:
We as EVE community must say NO to the likes of E1 and Co.

We dont tolerate pedophiles, rapists, terrorists, drug dealers, online predators in our communities.
We must not tolerate them and their likes here.

E1 and Co must go.

I found the soundcloud for one of the mayonnaise bonus room incidents alluded to earlier in this thread and others.

Erotica 1 mayonnaise + picture audio

All I can say is creepy. Just creepy. Probably best to not have our game involved in stuff like this.

Sounds to me that the guy taking part was having a good time with it.
Erotica 1
Krypteia Operations
#3578 - 2014-03-26 20:20:02 UTC
David Kir wrote:
Navi Annages wrote:
David Kir wrote:
[quote=Erotica 1

This is one of the most disgusting posts in this thread and borders on the real world crime of swatting. Looks like you wish for me and my family to suffer real world fear over some internet spaceship alleged pixel scam thing. Get some help.

Yeah, that was stupid.

You, however, have no business talking about disgusting.

You've gone too far to have any authority on that subject.

This isn't about the scam.
It's about the way you treated that man.

I'm not one of those who think that CCP should ban you.
I'm not against scamming, either.
And yes, I've seen far worse than this.

But players like you are a large part of what drives people away from EVE, and I'd rather have ten more newbies around, rather than a "content creator" like you.

How he treated a racist piece of scum? He'll end up in an orange jumpsuit keep pushing it. Sohkar will goto jail.

I don't think so.

But don't care about that.
I care about the fact that people like E1 actively drive away new players.
[/quote]

It is well known that I regularly dole out free isk and advice to new players.

See Bio for isk doubling rules. If you didn't read bio, chances are you funded those who did.

Feyd Rautha Harkonnen
Doomheim
#3579 - 2014-03-26 20:20:06 UTC
Jarod Garamonde wrote:
Feyd Rautha Harkonnen wrote:
Well one thing is for sure, due to the vile heresies against HTFU and rampant pansification on display here, I am taking the unprecedented step of adding a +5 to our Kill-It-Forward queue.

The inquisitors of HTFU will slaughter no less than five innocent carebears in hisec in the coming days, and let them know it is because of heretics like Ripard and Luminous Spirit that they are suffering their losses.

Your heresies, our hands, their blood, your conscience,

Insha'Allah.

F

I, too, will sacrifice a carebear to atone for the sins carebears have committed in this threadnought.
May their lossmails weigh heavily upon the tortured souls of the angry mob.

GOD WILLS IT!
Xuixien
Solar Winds Security Solutions
#3580 - 2014-03-26 20:20:37 UTC
stoicfaux wrote:
Xuixien wrote:

By telling people to sing Gummy Bears to the Rescue?

What part of the EULA is that covered under?

The part about engaging in illegal actions as per the EULA/ToS. That particular song is copyrighted and by distributing a public performance of the song without a license, Erotica is on the hook.

;-)

When we're on TeamSpeak, are we in fact "in public"? This begs scrutiny.

Also, I find it very hard to believe that singing a song violates copyright, and even if it did... I don't think any judge would waste their time on the case. "He sang a song over voice chat? Uh. I think I'd rather take the DV case today."

Epic Space Cat, Horsegirl, Philanthropist