These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Jester Trek Latest Blog

First post First post
Author
Jarod Garamonde
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#3541 - 2014-03-26 20:06:49 UTC
One Eyed Runner wrote:
Jarod Garamonde wrote:

This is just another fine example of how carebears are the real bullies. They demand everything conform to their narrow view, and go into fits of rage when it doesn't happen.

but same thing happens with PvPers, miners, haulers aren't playing the game right because they don't want to PvP

I guess it comes under the heading "Whats good for the goose is good for the gander"

I don't quite think you understand how we operate.

That moment when you realize the crazy lady with all the cats was right...

[#savethelance]
Mikey Aivo
Original Sinners
Pandemic Legion
#3542 - 2014-03-26 20:07:03 UTC
Erotica 1 wrote:
Delt0r Garsk wrote:
Does anyone even use Eve Voice? I don't know anyone that does.

Some roleplayers who like to play with the really awful voice changer settings. People say my voice is creepy. Others say it makes their panties melt (literally multiple EVE ladies which I find....interesting and odd lol). The simple fact is, as many know, I am just trying to be quiet while people in the house are sleeping. I'm also a heavy smoker.

If i wore panties they woud melt... or wait your a SMOKER?!?! HANG HIM
Alp Khan
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#3543 - 2014-03-26 20:07:10 UTC
Xuixien wrote:
Antisocial Personality Disorder, straight from the DSM-V (abridged).

Quote:
This pattern has also been referred to as psychopathy, sociopathy,
or dyssocial personality disorder.

For this diagnosis to be given, the individual must be at least age 18 years (Criterion B)
and must have had a history of some symptoms of conduct disorder before age 15 years
(Criterion C).
Conduct disorder involves a repetitive and persistent pattern of behavior in
which the basic rights of others or major age-appropriate societal norms or rules are violated.
The specific behaviors characteristic of conduct disorder fall into one of four categories:
aggression to people and animals, destruction of property, deceitfulness or theft, or
serious violation of rules.

Do we know this about Erotica 1?

Absolutely not.

You cannot therefore make any claim to psychopathy/ASPD, or the like.

Let's make this clear: You are only to speak for yourself when you are claiming to not to know those about Erotica 1.
Xuixien
Solar Winds Security Solutions
#3544 - 2014-03-26 20:07:15 UTC
Alp Khan wrote:
Erotica 1 wrote:
Bethan Le Troix wrote:
Has CCP made a comment on this issue since the first one telling us all to be polite to each other? 158 pages and it's still going strong.

It does seem like the use of this 'bonus room' idea is premeditated in that I think others have said the conversation was moved from EVE voice to a TS channel. So Erotica 1 probably knew beforehand that there could be some comeback on him if he conducted his actions through EVE voice.

I also don't understand why Erotica 1 didn't realise it had gone too far once the victims wife intervened and started asking Erotica 1 what was happening. Would he like this to happen to one of his family members, wife or children?

A lot of replies are focusing on the anger of the victim directed at Erotica 1 on the sound recording and on possibly violent suggestions towards Erotica 1 within replies to this post. People will react in different ways to being bullied and some will react aggressively and/or with violence. It's completely understandable if you mess with people to expect a reaction. Play with fire and you will get burned.

It has been said many times. EVE voice sucks.

EVE voice happens to be falling under the TOS and EULA which would have landed you a violation ban if you ever pulled what you usually pull over through Teamspeak.

By telling people to sing Gummy Bears to the Rescue?

What part of the EULA is that covered under?

Epic Space Cat, Horsegirl, Philanthropist

Katkon Darnok
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#3545 - 2014-03-26 20:08:40 UTC
@ Lupe Meza: I really enjoyed your articulate post and agreed with almost everything you said. I was going to quote it - but I believe that was technically impossible given the length of the post, so am resorting to this.

I do think an apology be E1 and associated with a return of all seized assets - as a sign of goodwill - would go a long way. Failing that, I'd have no objections to supporting a ban. It is a game - of course - but I think a line was very clearly crossed. And while it was technically crossed outside of the gaming world, it all revolved around in-game activity and assets. And of course, CCP being a private enterprise can ultimately do whatever they please in that regard. If they choose to cancel the scammer's subscription, they're well within their rights.
Bayonnefrog
Blueprint Mania
#3546 - 2014-03-26 20:08:54 UTC
LUMINOUS SPIRIT wrote:
We as EVE community must say NO to the likes of E1 and Co.

We dont tolerate pedophiles, rapists, terrorists, drug dealers, online predators in our communities.
We must not tolerate them and their likes here.

E1 and Co must go.

I found the soundcloud for one of the mayonnaise bonus room incidents alluded to earlier in this thread and others.

Erotica 1 mayonnaise + picture audio

All I can say is creepy. Just creepy. Probably best to not have our game involved in stuff like this.
Navi Annages
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#3547 - 2014-03-26 20:09:05 UTC
Mikey Aivo wrote:
Erotica 1 wrote:
Delt0r Garsk wrote:
Does anyone even use Eve Voice? I don't know anyone that does.

Some roleplayers who like to play with the really awful voice changer settings. People say my voice is creepy. Others say it makes their panties melt (literally multiple EVE ladies which I find....interesting and odd lol). The simple fact is, as many know, I am just trying to be quiet while people in the house are sleeping. I'm also a heavy smoker.

If i wore panties they woud melt... or wait your a SMOKER?!?! HANG HIM

Are you making wild threats? The White Knights of Riptar Teg will soon change eve to make what you just insinuated a ban able offense. Think wisely on this. Do you want a care bear eve? Or the slash throat politics that eve was always intended to be?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8-JfK-wwFU

Jarod Garamonde
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#3548 - 2014-03-26 20:09:12 UTC
Drone 16 wrote:

Neither: I'm saying you don't have a dog in this fight. The issue is not one of ganking or scamming. It is based on the question :did a player go to far?

Pretty much every post I have read has agreed that we need "evil, bloodthirsty, scoundrels" such as yourself in the game.

The point I'm trying to make is that if CCP takes a stand on this incident, it will open the door to getting my ilk banned, as well.

Forgive me if this was before your time, but the old story "If You Give a Mouse a Cookie" is coming to mind, hardcore, on this subject.

[#savethelance]
Feyd Rautha Harkonnen
Doomheim
#3549 - 2014-03-26 20:09:18 UTC
Well one thing is for sure, due to the vile heresies against HTFU and rampant pansification on display here, I am taking the unprecedented step of adding a +5 to our Kill-It-Forward queue.

The inquisitors of HTFU will slaughter no less than five innocent carebears in hisec in the coming days, and let them know it is because of heretics like Ripard and Luminous Spirit that they are suffering their losses.

Your heresies, our hands, their blood, your conscience,

Insha'Allah.

F
Gizznitt Malikite
Agony Unleashed
Agony Empire
#3550 - 2014-03-26 20:10:29 UTC

To be frank, there is nothing individually wrong with having someone sing a song for ransom, or read the code for ransom.

There is something wrong with stringing a person along, toying and teasing them, with the sole intent of breaking them for your amusement.

Do you not see the difference?
LUMINOUS SPIRIT
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#3551 - 2014-03-26 20:11:23 UTC
Bayonnefrog wrote:
LUMINOUS SPIRIT wrote:
We as EVE community must say NO to the likes of E1 and Co.

We dont tolerate pedophiles, rapists, terrorists, drug dealers, online predators in our communities.
We must not tolerate them and their likes here.

E1 and Co must go.

I found the soundcloud for one of the mayonnaise bonus room incidents alluded to earlier in this thread and others.

Erotica 1 mayonnaise + picture audio

All I can say is creepy. Just creepy. Probably best to not have our game involved in stuff like this.

THIS.

Enough said.

Just ban.
Erotica 1
Krypteia Operations
#3552 - 2014-03-26 20:11:29 UTC
Xuixien wrote:
David Kir wrote:
Erotica 1 wrote:

This is one of the most disgusting posts in this thread and borders on the real world crime of swatting. Looks like you wish for me and my family to suffer real world fear over some internet spaceship alleged pixel scam thing. Get some help.

Yeah, that was stupid.

You, however, have no business talking about disgusting.

You've gone too far to have any authority on that subject.

This isn't about the scam.
It's about the way you treated that man.

I'm not one of those who think that CCP should ban you.
I'm not against scamming, either.
And yes, I've seen far worse than this.

But players like you are a large part of what drives people away from EVE, and I'd rather have ten more newbies around, rather than a "content creator" like you.

How he "treated" Sohkar?

You mean the part where they asked him to sing Gummy Bears to the Rescue?

If it would make the community feel better, I'll sing on TS. Maybe it can be part of a bounty tip donation drive. I really want to pass that WoW guy in the leaderboard.

See Bio for isk doubling rules. If you didn't read bio, chances are you funded those who did.

Qalix
Long Jump.
#3553 - 2014-03-26 20:12:12 UTC
Xuixien wrote:
Qalix wrote:
Erotica 1 wrote:
Does he think I am James 315? I mean, I do mimic some James mannerisms and British spelling for the hilarity of the conspiracy theories... lol

spin spin spin

So. You never answered my question: could you please explain, in a manner that a non-eve, non-mmo player could understand, what it is you do and why you do it? What aspect of the "bonus room" events provides the pleasure for you personally? In general, what aspect of scamming/thieving do you find enjoyable?

ITT EVE is real.

I don't understand your point. Are you suggesting that Erotica 1 derives no pleasure from playing a game? Are you suggesting there are no emotions associated with playing a game? Are you an android?

Silly troll is silly.
LUMINOUS SPIRIT
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#3554 - 2014-03-26 20:12:31 UTC
Feyd Rautha Harkonnen wrote:
Well one thing is for sure, due to the vile heresies against HTFU and rampant pansification on display here, I am taking the unprecedented step of adding a +5 to our Kill-It-Forward queue.

The inquisitors of HTFU will slaughter no less than five innocent carebears in hisec in the coming days, and let them know it is because of heretics like Ripard and Luminous Spirit that they are suffering their losses.

Insha'Allah.

F

Go for it mate. Just keep it in-game yeah.
Xuixien
#3555 - 2014-03-26 20:12:33 UTC
A line was clearly crossed guys.

Erotica 1 gained possession of someone's in-game assets and then ask that they sing in order to get them back.

This is unprecedented in EVE Online's history and clearly violates the EULA

Article
Section 3
Paragraph 2
Subparagraph 6
The user shall not, at any point, request that another user sings.

Clearly.

But wait this was on TS3 so does the EULA cover it, or not?

If the EULA covers it... what part of the EULA did Erotica 1 breach?

If the EULA does not cover it... then why are we even having this discussion? No laws were broken, either.

Alp Khan
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#3556 - 2014-03-26 20:12:46 UTC
Xuixien wrote:
Alp Khan wrote:
Erotica 1 wrote:
Bethan Le Troix wrote:
Has CCP made a comment on this issue since the first one telling us all to be polite to each other? 158 pages and it's still going strong.

It does seem like the use of this 'bonus room' idea is premeditated in that I think others have said the conversation was moved from EVE voice to a TS channel. So Erotica 1 probably knew beforehand that there could be some comeback on him if he conducted his actions through EVE voice.

I also don't understand why Erotica 1 didn't realise it had gone too far once the victims wife intervened and started asking Erotica 1 what was happening. Would he like this to happen to one of his family members, wife or children?

A lot of replies are focusing on the anger of the victim directed at Erotica 1 on the sound recording and on possibly violent suggestions towards Erotica 1 within replies to this post. People will react in different ways to being bullied and some will react aggressively and/or with violence. It's completely understandable if you mess with people to expect a reaction. Play with fire and you will get burned.

It has been said many times. EVE voice sucks.

EVE voice happens to be falling under the TOS and EULA which would have landed you a violation ban if you ever pulled what you usually pull over through Teamspeak.

By telling people to sing Gummy Bears to the Rescue?

What part of the EULA is that covered under?

You know you can continue to falsely claim that all Erotica 1 does is getting songs out of people he scams all day long, and you won't be fooling anybody.

That record goes on for three hours and is full of enhanced interrogation techniques and mental torture.

You are lying to whiteknight real life psychopathy.
Bunnie Hop
Bunny Knights
#3557 - 2014-03-26 20:13:51 UTC

Insha'Allah.

F

Dream on.
Xuixien
#3558 - 2014-03-26 20:13:59 UTC
Qalix wrote:
Xuixien wrote:
Qalix wrote:
Erotica 1 wrote:
Does he think I am James 315? I mean, I do mimic some James mannerisms and British spelling for the hilarity of the conspiracy theories... lol

spin spin spin

So. You never answered my question: could you please explain, in a manner that a non-eve, non-mmo player could understand, what it is you do and why you do it? What aspect of the "bonus room" events provides the pleasure for you personally? In general, what aspect of scamming/thieving do you find enjoyable?

ITT EVE is real.

I don't understand your point. Are you suggesting that Erotica 1 derives no pleasure from playing a game? Are you suggesting there are no emotions associated with playing a game? Are you an android?

Silly troll is silly.

I think you understand my point clearly, which is why you feel the need to dismiss me as a troll. Bear

Josef Djugashvilis
#3559 - 2014-03-26 20:14:21 UTC
Erotica 1 wrote:
But he posts info about me online anyway. Whatever. Some people just can't be reasonable, as we see everyday in this game of ours.

I still like Goons. That's no secret. I'm not going to hate a huge alliance/coalition because of a handful of guys made some trumped up charges against me and continue to troll made up things about me on an almost daily basis in the forums.

How many times have you seen a reference to "mayo," under aged pics, and other "creepy" things that never happened? You see it all the time. This "creepy" buzzword is straight out of the rightwing political playbook. Hey, say something enough and people are bound to believe you.

It's no secret that I'm a huge James 315 and Mittens fan (totally different people.) None of this silly bullshit is going to change that.

On my EVE bucket list is to make "Massively" headlines. Oops, I meant to do it for something else. Oh well. LOL

Let's talk about the CSM running. A lot of my EVE friends want me to drop out for fear of my personal safety. They are probably right. I don't really fear any of these lunatics threatening or wishing crazy ways to die upon me. But you know what, I do have concerns for my wife and son. This is a video game people. Though I gotta say, if I had to choose, it would be much better than dying of lung cancer, which is quite likely eventually. If some loon killed me at Fanfest over fake spaceship money, especially at the encouragement of all these "white knight carebear moral highground people," then I think some interesting things would happen for the better broadly speaking. Just please, I only ask CCP keep my bounty intact and pass my play money and assets over to James 315 for the improvement of highsec.

I will be dropping out of the running, but not for any of those reasons. I totally derped and forgot that my passport is long expired. There is no way I can get a scanned copy in by the deadline now. Oh well, there's always next year. Believe it or not, if we can get past all this silly nonsense, I think most people would be surprised at how I would actually represent them pretty well. I mean, I'm totally cool with a copy of my driver's license and some agreement that if I win I just sit over here in the 'States and don't get a free trip to Iceland. In light of events, it would be cool of CCP to offer to keep my name anonymous.

I'd also like CCP to openly address the bonus round and tell me what they would like me to do. CCP doesn't need to be silently monitoring (laughing?) and then make some surprise judgement.

I've said many times, just tell me what you guys want. I love CCP and this great game that has outlasted so many others- because of its very nature. Want to tell me limits for bonus rounds? That's cool. Want me to stop them altogether? Not as fun, but hey I'd respect that.

I do still plan on running a legitimate EVE bank anyway very soon! I'll keep everyone posted on that.

Let's all have a civil discourse, CCP included.

Thanks for your time.

-Ero

Just a though Ero, how would you like it if your son had a speech impediment and folk made fun of him for it?

This is not a signature.

Jarod Garamonde
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#3560 - 2014-03-26 20:14:30 UTC

Insha'Allah.

F

I, too, will sacrifice a carebear to atone for the sins carebears have committed in this threadnought.
May their lossmails weigh heavily upon the tortured souls of the angry mob.

[#savethelance]