These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Jester Trek Latest Blog

First post First post
Author
Navi Annages
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#3521 - 2014-03-26 19:49:57 UTC
Mario Putzo wrote:
Antihrist Pripravnik wrote:

The only thing that is clear is that CCP now, after this much exposure, has to act in some way ... any way. .

Ban Ripard Teg for continued publications on an internal CCP issue, and harassment of Erotica 1 and Sohkar for his own self gain.

Indeed +1 sir.

If Sohkar goes to Jail Ban Riptar Teg.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8-JfK-wwFU

Pew Terror
All of it
#3522 - 2014-03-26 19:52:14 UTC
Btw what really is preventing any kind of sensible discussion about the core matter is:

-Providing conclusions instead of statements to the argument (petitio principii)
-Failure of fact-value distinction (what is fact vs what should be morally right).
-The evasion of the actual topic by directing the attack at your opponent. (Ad hominem)
-Trying to sound smart or sophisticated enough without providing argument to deter replies (verbosium)
-Appealsunqualified source (shiptoasters in this thread) in support of an argument. (false attribution)

tl;dr: You are all horrible people and i hate you.

stoicfaux
#3523 - 2014-03-26 19:52:53 UTC
Mario Putzo wrote:

Would you be comfortable then in supporting a motion to perma ban the Mittani, and Digi?

Mittani of course got off easy for telling a kid to kill himself at fanfest (he was drunk isn't an excuse)
Digi of course has a known history of doxxing people in this game, tracing and following their internet use, and distributing that information.

I think if we are going to go on a Moral witch hunt we should start hitting everyone.

There's a difference between making a bad off-the-cuff comment and premeditated, planned, well thought out actions. Which is the problem. The level of effort (pre-meditation) needed to pull off doxxing or the bonus room is especially distasteful and worthy of community sanctioning, IMHO.

Quote:
How far do we go? Where would you draw the line?

Well, I went to an Irish Pub[1] and ordered a Bass, so my line is pretty fuzzy and probably not for everyone.

[1] To be fair, it was an "Irish Pub" in the US.[2]
[2] But they had it on draft...

Pon Farr Memorial: once every 7 years, all the carebears in high-sec must PvP or they will be temp-banned.

stoicfaux
#3524 - 2014-03-26 19:53:54 UTC
Pew Terror wrote:

*hug*

Pon Farr Memorial: once every 7 years, all the carebears in high-sec must PvP or they will be temp-banned.

Alp Khan
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#3525 - 2014-03-26 19:54:07 UTC  |  Edited by: Alp Khan
Mario Putzo wrote:
Alp Khan wrote:

Aim here is to make you think that it was just a harmless, friendly troll or messing around with another EVE player. Anyone who actually takes time to listen to the victim and his family being subjected to psychopathic mental torture through real life communications for three hours would actually know that Erotica 1 is not your friendly EVE player who ransoms your pod for a song on voice comms.

Would you be comfortable then in supporting a motion to perma ban the Mittani, and Digi?

Mittani of course got off easy for telling a kid to kill himself at fanfest (he was drunk isn't an excuse)
Digi of course has a known history of doxxing people in this game, tracing and following their internet use, and distributing that information.

I think if we are going to go on a Moral witch hunt we should start hitting everyone.

What about Angry Moustache whose ALOD posts are designed to poke fun and harass people. Or the "Go back to WoW Scam" where a GSF Recruiter spent an hour luring someone to swindle him out of what was it $1300 in items?

Do you think singing Gummie Bears is over that line? But not encouraging suicide, or stalking people through the internet?

Where do you make your moral stand friend?

The Mittani, digi and Angry Mustahce has nothing to do with the Erotica 1 and his methodology of instilling mental torture on victims through real life channels of communication for sick, personal amusement and I can already tell that you know this, but for some reason are choosing to portrait those individuals as being similar to Erotica 1, which is obviously not the case.

Besides, your information is not accurate. The Mittani hasn't told anybody to kill themselves during that presentation. He has addressed his audience to "find him", referring to the EVE player that his presentation was about while he was under the heavy influence of alcohol.

Next thing the Mittani did when he woke up in the morning when he found out what he said was to publicly state that what he did is unacceptable according to his personal code of conduct. That was followed by his resignation from CSM and his transfer of personal in game wealth to the EVE player that was the subject of his presentation and his earlier remark.

Angry Mustache does not harass and poke fun at gank victims. He always contacts victims when he's writing those articles and get their point of view, and he then gives them advice to what they can do in EVE to mitigate the risk of getting ganked and to properly and efficiently fit their ships.

I don't even know who you are accusing with stalking in your post that makes no sense.
Xuixien
Solar Winds Security Solutions
#3526 - 2014-03-26 19:54:19 UTC
stoicfaux wrote:
Mario Putzo wrote:

There's a difference between making a bad off-the-cuff comment and premeditated, planned, well thought out actions. Which is the problem. The level of effort (pre-meditation) needed to pull off doxxing or the bonus room is especially distasteful and worthy of community sanctioning, IMHO.

Quote:

Well, I went to an Irish Pub[1] and ordered a Bass, so my line is pretty fuzzy and probably not for everyone.

Believe me when I say that it doesn't take much effort to do what Erotica 1 does in the bonus round, and any amount of "planning" was done many moons ago and has produced significantly greater returns than the time invested.

Epic Space Cat, Horsegirl, Philanthropist

Qalix
Long Jump.
#3527 - 2014-03-26 19:54:45 UTC
Erotica 1 wrote:
Does he think I am James 315? I mean, I do mimic some James mannerisms and British spelling for the hilarity of the conspiracy theories... lol

spin spin spin

So. You never answered my question: could you please explain, in a manner that a non-eve, non-mmo player could understand, what it is you do and why you do it? What aspect of the "bonus room" events provides the pleasure for you personally? In general, what aspect of scamming/thieving do you find enjoyable?
Jarod Garamonde
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#3528 - 2014-03-26 19:55:12 UTC  |  Edited by: Jarod Garamonde
Drone 16 wrote:
Jarod Garamonde wrote:
You know..... people in my in-game profession get accused of "cyber bullying" all the time.

If Erotica 1 gets banned for what he does, that opens the door to people petitioning to have PvP'ers banned for hunting down ratters, haulers, and mission runners. If that happens, EVE will become very boring, and a lot of the players who are actually going to stick around for a long time, will quit.

The playerbase might be overwhelmingly carebear.... but a lot of those players are only going to stay for a few months. It's the pirates and other PvP-focused people who are still going to be here, year after year.
When you're running a business, you don't alienate your most loyal customers. That's suicide for any service provider or product manufacturer.

He shouldn't necessarily be banned and no it doesn't.

I see your corp griefing the **** out miners in Teo, and no one cares. This entire thread had nothing to do with "garden variety griefers" such as yourself. It was billed a a threat to your game play by those who needed support on this thread.

This has always been about a situation that may or may not have crossed the line and if so what to do about it.

Before my girlfriend shows up with THE question I will pre-answer "yes, it applies to threats of violence and racism", now get me the coke I asked for...you know who you are.

Not sure if agreeing with me, or proving my point :p

Oh, and I'm not a griefer. I'm a pirate. I only resort to grief tactics after I receive an IRL death threat in my inbox.

That moment when you realize the crazy lady with all the cats was right...

[#savethelance]
Drone 16
Holy Horde
#3529 - 2014-03-26 19:56:13 UTC
Antihrist Pripravnik wrote:
I really can't take a side here because I couldn't care less about what other players with who I don't have any contact with do. Neither Erotica 1 or the other guy belong to a group of players that I make in-game or out of the game contacts with, but the same applies to tens of thousands of other players just the same.

I am only worried about media backfire which tends to happen after a threadnought like this.

The only thing that is clear is that CCP now, after this much exposure, has to act in some way ... any way. By providing an official statement that they have investigated the issue, list the rules that are applicable to situations like this and , for example, not ban any of the parties is totally acceptable to me. But the official statement is needed just to leave the impression that CCP as a company knows and cares about what is going on in and around their game.

That is an excellent point. I don't think the media should have been contacted. This was always a community issue and should have remained one. No one should want CCP to be forced into an action based on pressure from outside the community, its unpredictable.

It puts the peanutbutter on itself or it leaves the bonus round... - E1's greatest Hits

Xuixien
#3530 - 2014-03-26 19:57:31 UTC
Qalix wrote:
Erotica 1 wrote:
Does he think I am James 315? I mean, I do mimic some James mannerisms and British spelling for the hilarity of the conspiracy theories... lol

spin spin spin

So. You never answered my question: could you please explain, in a manner that a non-eve, non-mmo player could understand, what it is you do and why you do it? What aspect of the "bonus room" events provides the pleasure for you personally? In general, what aspect of scamming/thieving do you find enjoyable?

ITT EVE is real.

Ranger 1
Ranger Corp
Vae. Victis.
#3531 - 2014-03-26 19:59:24 UTC
stoicfaux wrote:
Mario Putzo wrote:

Quote:

Heya stoicfaux!

Agreed in that there is very little similarity between the two events, other than both being vastly blown out of all sensible proportion.

Also, "community" sanctioning is fine. Calls for official sanctions (bans or LOL legal action) are complete nonsense.

View the latest EVE Online developments and other game related news and gameplay by visiting Ranger 1 Presents: Virtual Realms.

Erotica 1
Krypteia Operations
#3532 - 2014-03-26 19:59:30 UTC
Bethan Le Troix wrote:
Has CCP made a comment on this issue since the first one telling us all to be polite to each other? 158 pages and it's still going strong.

It does seem like the use of this 'bonus room' idea is premeditated in that I think others have said the conversation was moved from EVE voice to a TS channel. So Erotica 1 probably knew beforehand that there could be some comeback on him if he conducted his actions through EVE voice.

I also don't understand why Erotica 1 didn't realise it had gone too far once the victims wife intervened and started asking Erotica 1 what was happening. Would he like this to happen to one of his family members, wife or children?

A lot of replies are focusing on the anger of the victim directed at Erotica 1 on the sound recording and on possibly violent suggestions towards Erotica 1 within replies to this post. People will react in different ways to being bullied and some will react aggressively and/or with violence. It's completely understandable if you mess with people to expect a reaction. Play with fire and you will get burned.

It has been said many times. EVE voice sucks.

See Bio for isk doubling rules. If you didn't read bio, chances are you funded those who did.

Capt Starfox
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#3533 - 2014-03-26 19:59:34 UTC
Pew Terror wrote:

Be careful, this might become a petition-able offense if the white knights get their way.

I <3 you though, that post made me chuckle Blink

Abandon all hope ye who x up in fleet

Mikey Aivo
Original Sinners
Pandemic Legion
#3534 - 2014-03-26 19:59:54 UTC
Xuixien wrote:
Qalix wrote:
Erotica 1 wrote:

spin spin spin

ITT EVE is real.

Personal gain, plain and simple.
One Eyed Runner
GetYaTitsOut
#3535 - 2014-03-26 19:59:57 UTC
Jarod Garamonde wrote:

This is just another fine example of how carebears are the real bullies. They demand everything conform to their narrow view, and go into fits of rage when it doesn't happen.

but same thing happens with PvPers, miners, haulers aren't playing the game right because they don't want to PvP

I guess it comes under the heading "Whats good for the goose is good for the gander"

I live in Jita so f*ck off

Xuixien
#3536 - 2014-03-26 20:00:32 UTC
Antisocial Personality Disorder, straight from the DSM-V (abridged).

Quote:
This pattern has also been referred to as psychopathy, sociopathy,
or dyssocial personality disorder.

For this diagnosis to be given, the individual must be at least age 18 years (Criterion B)
and must have had a history of some symptoms of conduct disorder before age 15 years
(Criterion C).
Conduct disorder involves a repetitive and persistent pattern of behavior in
which the basic rights of others or major age-appropriate societal norms or rules are violated.
The specific behaviors characteristic of conduct disorder fall into one of four categories:
aggression to people and animals, destruction of property, deceitfulness or theft, or
serious violation of rules.

Do we know this about Erotica 1?

Absolutely not.

You cannot therefore make any claim to psychopathy/ASPD, or the like.

Drone 16
Holy Horde
#3537 - 2014-03-26 20:02:16 UTC
Jarod Garamonde wrote:
Drone 16 wrote:
Jarod Garamonde wrote:
You know..... people in my in-game profession get accused of "cyber bullying" all the time.

If Erotica 1 gets banned for what he does, that opens the door to people petitioning to have PvP'ers banned for hunting down ratters, haulers, and mission runners. If that happens, EVE will become very boring, and a lot of the players who are actually going to stick around for a long time, will quit.

The playerbase might be overwhelmingly carebear.... but a lot of those players are only going to stay for a few months. It's the pirates and other PvP-focused people who are still going to be here, year after year.
When you're running a business, you don't alienate your most loyal customers. That's suicide for any service provider or product manufacturer.

He shouldn't necessarily be banned and no it doesn't.

I see your corp griefing the **** out miners in Teo, and no one cares. This entire thread had nothing to do with "garden variety griefers" such as yourself. It was billed a a threat to your game play by those who needed support on this thread.

This has always been about a situation that may or may not have crossed the line and if so what to do about it.

Before my girlfriend shows up with THE question I will pre-answer "yes, it applies to threats of violence and racism", now get me the coke I asked for...you know who you are.

Not sure if agreeing with me, or proving my point :p

Oh, and I'm not a griefer. I'm a pirate. I only resort to grief tactics after I receive an IRL death threat in my inbox.

Neither: I'm saying you don't have a dog in this fight. The issue is not one of ganking or scamming. It is based on the question :did a player go to far?

Pretty much every post I have read has agreed that we need "evil, bloodthirsty, scoundrels" such as yourself in the game.

It puts the peanutbutter on itself or it leaves the bonus round... - E1's greatest Hits

Erotica 1
Krypteia Operations
#3538 - 2014-03-26 20:02:43 UTC
Delt0r Garsk wrote:
Does anyone even use Eve Voice? I don't know anyone that does.

Some roleplayers who like to play with the really awful voice changer settings. People say my voice is creepy. Others say it makes their panties melt (literally multiple EVE ladies which I find....interesting and odd lol). The simple fact is, as many know, I am just trying to be quiet while people in the house are sleeping. I'm also a heavy smoker.

See Bio for isk doubling rules. If you didn't read bio, chances are you funded those who did.

Alp Khan
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#3539 - 2014-03-26 20:05:01 UTC
Erotica 1 wrote:
Bethan Le Troix wrote:
Has CCP made a comment on this issue since the first one telling us all to be polite to each other? 158 pages and it's still going strong.

It does seem like the use of this 'bonus room' idea is premeditated in that I think others have said the conversation was moved from EVE voice to a TS channel. So Erotica 1 probably knew beforehand that there could be some comeback on him if he conducted his actions through EVE voice.

I also don't understand why Erotica 1 didn't realise it had gone too far once the victims wife intervened and started asking Erotica 1 what was happening. Would he like this to happen to one of his family members, wife or children?

A lot of replies are focusing on the anger of the victim directed at Erotica 1 on the sound recording and on possibly violent suggestions towards Erotica 1 within replies to this post. People will react in different ways to being bullied and some will react aggressively and/or with violence. It's completely understandable if you mess with people to expect a reaction. Play with fire and you will get burned.

EVE voice happens to be falling under the TOS and EULA which would have landed you a violation ban if you ever pulled what you usually pull over through Teamspeak.
Navi Annages
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#3540 - 2014-03-26 20:06:42 UTC
Alp Khan wrote:
Erotica 1 wrote:
Bethan Le Troix wrote:

EVE voice happens to be falling under the TOS and EULA which would have landed you a violation ban if you ever pulled what you usually pull over through Teamspeak.

Lucky for him the anonymity blanket is nice and warm on that TS3 server eh?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8-JfK-wwFU