These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Jester Trek Latest Blog

First post First post
Author
Xuixien
Solar Winds Security Solutions
#3481 - 2014-03-26 19:36:44 UTC  |  Edited by: Xuixien
Alp Khan wrote:
Xuixien wrote:
Othran wrote:

If you've listened to the material in question then is that behaviour you'd consider acceptable from any of your friends/family?

No, I would not find it acceptable for my friends and family to make death threats and racist remarks over a computer game the way Sohkar did.

Stop with that flawed reasoning immediately. The victim and his family were both under duress as a result of the mental torture that Erotica 1 and co instilled on them through real life communications software. Stop calling the victim a 'racist' to whitewash psychopathy.

By the way, speaking of racism, let me ask you a question:

"...however, unlike Obama, I'm a white male minority who served in the Army..."

Have you ever heard that quote before? If yes, can you tell me who actually said that?

Oh oh, so it's the victim "and his family" now. So some random chick on comms constitutes "family". Can you verify that she was "family"?

Can you verify your claim of "psychopathy"?

What's that little bee?

I can't hear you...

Oh, you're saying "no"?

Well, okay then. -pats your head-

Epic Space Cat, Horsegirl, Philanthropist

LUMINOUS SPIRIT
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#3482 - 2014-03-26 19:37:13 UTC
We as EVE community must say NO to the likes of E1 and Co.

We dont tolerate pedophiles, rapists, terrorists, drug dealers, online predators in our communities.
We must not tolerate them and their likes here.

E1 and Co must go.
Alyth Nerun
Foundation for CODE and THE NEW ORDER
#3483 - 2014-03-26 19:37:18 UTC
Giovanni erkelens2 wrote:
how come people dont trust you ?

Why do you think people don't trust me? As a Agent of the New Order I am a shining beacon of light and a role model to many and therefor probably one of the only people in this game you can trust without a doubt.
Danalee
Pandemic Horde Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#3484 - 2014-03-26 19:37:40 UTC
I think this got lost somehow since just moments after posting you guys are at it again.

Danalee wrote:
Friendly reminder to all you trolls that asking to sings songs/read text DOES NOT EVER EQUAL any of the following;

- Torture
- psychopathy
- Duress (albeit it does equal durr hurr durr)
- the holocaust
- waterboarding
- taking advantage of disabled people
- etc...

On the other hand, DEATH THREATS AND RACISM = NOT GUD.

Thanks for not reading.

D.

Bear

Proud member of the Somalian Coast Guard Authority

Member and Juror of the Court of Crime and Punishment

Pew Terror
All of it
#3485 - 2014-03-26 19:38:20 UTC
PotatoOverdose wrote:
Toshiro Ozuwara wrote:
PotatoOverdose wrote:
Ad hominem.

It's not ad hominem. It might be another logical fallacy, but it's not an ad hominem.

k.

Person A: "1 plus 1 equals 2."
Person B: "No, because your face!"

^ad hominem
Victor Andall
#3486 - 2014-03-26 19:38:41 UTC
Equating internet griefers to rapists and paedophiles.

Wow.

175 pages in this is really what we're doing.

I just undocked for the first time and someone challenged me to a duel. Wat do?

19.08.2014 - Dinsdale gets slammed by CCP Falcon. Never forget.

stoicfaux
#3487 - 2014-03-26 19:38:45 UTC
Mr Epeen wrote:

It doesn't take much to see a company go from on top to a has-been thanks to determined people that get the right thing made viral. It would behoove CCP to get this sorted in a way that makes them shine in the best possible light. That means not trying to hide behind semantic legalese while making excuses for doing nothing. They need to paint themselves as the game company that draws a line between RL and game life.

Be a leader CCP, not another pass the buck loser company.

Mr Epeen Cool

CCP is already late to that party: Pro League of Legends Player Banned For Harassment, Abuse & "Negative Attitude"

Big smile

Pon Farr Memorial: once every 7 years, all the carebears in high-sec must PvP or they will be temp-banned.

Navi Annages
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#3488 - 2014-03-26 19:38:51 UTC
Danalee wrote:
Friendly reminder to all you trolls that asking to sings songs/read text DOES NOT EVER EQUAL any of the following;

- Torture
- psychopathy
- Duress (albeit it does equal durr hurr durr)
- the holocaust
- waterboarding
- taking advantage of disabled people
- etc...

On the other hand, DEATH THREATS AND RACISM = NOT GUD.

Thanks for not reading.

D.

Bear

http://evenews24.com/2014/03/25/jesters-trek-the-bonus-round/ <<<<<<< the word torture is used so many times. I may be mistaken but is this article just poor propaganda?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8-JfK-wwFU

Xuixien
Solar Winds Security Solutions
#3489 - 2014-03-26 19:39:23 UTC
Othran wrote:
Xuixien wrote:
Othran wrote:

If you've listened to the material in question then is that behaviour you'd consider acceptable from any of your friends/family?

No, I would not find it acceptable for my friends and family to make death threats and racist remarks over a computer game the way Sohkar did.

Darling you have no credibility on these forums so why try?

Your response actually beggars contrary to the words you're posting. Thanks. Roll

Epic Space Cat, Horsegirl, Philanthropist

Jarod Garamonde
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#3490 - 2014-03-26 19:39:47 UTC  |  Edited by: Jarod Garamonde
You know..... people in my in-game profession get accused of "cyber bullying" all the time.

If Erotica 1 gets banned for what he does, that opens the door to people petitioning to have PvP'ers banned for hunting down ratters, haulers, and mission runners. If that happens, EVE will become very boring, and a lot of the players who are actually going to stick around for a long time, will quit.

The playerbase might be overwhelmingly carebear.... but a lot of those players are only going to stay for a few months. It's the pirates and other PvP-focused people who are still going to be here, year after year.
When you're running a business, you don't alienate your most loyal customers. That's suicide for any service provider or product manufacturer.

That moment when you realize the crazy lady with all the cats was right...

[#savethelance]
Riot Girl
You'll Cowards Don't Even Smoke Crack
#3491 - 2014-03-26 19:39:56 UTC
LUMINOUS SPIRIT wrote:

We dont tolerate pedophiles, rapists, terrorists, drug dealers, online predators in our communities.

E1 and Co must go.

Where are you getting evidence for any of those accusations?
Mikey Aivo
Original Sinners
Pandemic Legion
#3492 - 2014-03-26 19:40:32 UTC
LUMINOUS SPIRIT wrote:

E1 and Co must go.

Since our community revolves around war, i support space terrorists, the drug producers(needs me my blue pill) and those that prey on the weak for space riches
Navi Annages
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#3493 - 2014-03-26 19:40:41 UTC
Jarod Garamonde wrote:
You know..... people in my in-game profession get accused of "cyber bullying" all the time.

If Erotica 1 gets banned for what he does, that opens the door to people petitioning to have PvP'ers banned for hunting down ratters, haulers, and mission runners. If that happens, EVE will become very boring, and a lot of the players who are actually going to stick around for a long time, will quit.

The playerbase might be overwhelmingly carebear.... but a lot of those players are only going to stay for a few months. It's the pirates and other PvP-focused people who are still going to be here, year after year.
When you're running a business, you don't alienate your most loyal customers. That's suicide for any service provider or product manufacturer.

your logic is quite sound sir.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8-JfK-wwFU

Othran
Route One
#3494 - 2014-03-26 19:40:50 UTC
Xuixien wrote:
Othran wrote:
Xuixien wrote:
Othran wrote:

Darling you have no credibility on these forums so why try?

Your response actually beggars contrary to the words you're posting. Thanks. Roll

English?

Like I said darling nobody but your alts listens to you, and sometimes not even then.
Lady Areola Fappington
#3495 - 2014-03-26 19:41:14 UTC
KnowUsByTheDead wrote:

But even brain imaging is showing that many people have a least one precursor for ASPD.

And, iirc (been awhile since I worked in the MH field), you simply cannot treat sociopathy, which is the main reason it was changed to ASPD.

And not to mention, because sociopathy/psychopathy is so hard to diagnose/treat, most diagnoses of ASPD focus on psychotic triggers, not sociopathic ones.

Which begs the question....

Is sociopathy merely "the human condition?"

I recall a paper I read once from a sociology guy, who made the case that ASPD behaviours are actually required for a certain percentage of the population, in order to make society work right. Damned if I can remember where I read it though!

His premise was, the because humans aren't "perfect" herd creatures and tend to live in smallish groups, the sociopathic behaviour types actually induced a level of leadership per tribe, that would otherwise be lacking.

7.2 CAN I AVOID PVP COMPLETELY? No; there are no systems or locations in New Eden where PvP may be completely avoided. --Eve New Player Guide

Mario Putzo
#3496 - 2014-03-26 19:41:18 UTC
Alp Khan wrote:

Aim here is to make you think that it was just a harmless, friendly troll or messing around with another EVE player. Anyone who actually takes time to listen to the victim and his family being subjected to psychopathic mental torture through real life communications for three hours would actually know that Erotica 1 is not your friendly EVE player who ransoms your pod for a song on voice comms.

Would you be comfortable then in supporting a motion to perma ban the Mittani, and Digi?

Mittani of course got off easy for telling a kid to kill himself at fanfest (he was drunk isn't an excuse)
Digi of course has a known history of doxxing people in this game, tracing and following their internet use, and distributing that information.

I think if we are going to go on a Moral witch hunt we should start hitting everyone.

What about Angry Moustache whose ALOD posts are designed to poke fun and harass people. Or the "Go back to WoW Scam" where a GSF Recruiter spent an hour luring someone to swindle him out of what was it $1300 in items?

How far do we go? Where would you draw the line?

Do you think singing Gummie Bears is over that line? But not encouraging suicide, or stalking people through the internet?

Where do you make your moral stand friend?
Unsuccessful At Everything
The Troll Bridge
#3497 - 2014-03-26 19:42:25 UTC
Victor Andall wrote:

Wow.

Its like the kid on the playground whos fighting style is "wildly flailing in all direction while screaming at the top of his/her lungs". Theyre just going for whatever hit they can land at this point. If that means doing their own cyberbullying or making false/severely inflated police reports or tips to media...well... that's just their style.

Since the cessation of their usefulness is imminent, may I appropriate your belongings?

PotatoOverdose
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#3498 - 2014-03-26 19:42:26 UTC
Victor Andall wrote:

Wow.

Ah, this is your first witch hunt I take it? Pull up a seat near the embers and make yourself comfy.
Jarod Garamonde
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#3499 - 2014-03-26 19:42:29 UTC
Navi Annages wrote:
Jarod Garamonde wrote:

your logic is quite sound sir.

This is just another fine example of how carebears are the real bullies. They demand everything conform to their narrow view, and go into fits of rage when it doesn't happen.

That moment when you realize the crazy lady with all the cats was right...

[#savethelance]
Alp Khan
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#3500 - 2014-03-26 19:42:56 UTC  |  Edited by: Alp Khan
Xuixien wrote:
Alp Khan wrote:
Xuixien wrote:
Othran wrote:

Stop with that flawed reasoning immediately. The victim and his family were both under duress as a result of the mental torture that Erotica 1 and co instilled on them through real life communications software. Stop calling the victim a 'racist' to whitewash psychopathy.

By the way, speaking of racism, let me ask you a question:

"...however, unlike Obama, I'm a white male minority who served in the Army..."

Have you ever heard that quote before? If yes, can you tell me who actually said that?

Oh oh, so it's the victim "[i]and his family[i]" now. So some random chick on comms constitutes "family". Can you verify that she was "family"?

Can you verify your claim of "psychopathy"?

What's that little bee?

I can't hear you...

Oh, you're saying "no"?

Well, okay then. -pats your head-

Consult your favorite medical diagnostic manual that covers mental illnesses ASAP.

People of healthy and sane minds do not torture other people in real life for personal amusement.

Yes, it's the victim and his family. We can easily substitute the word family with household. It doesn't matter whether multiple individuals that Erotica 1 has mentally tortured through real life communications constitute a family or not. The impact of psychopathy here is highlighted by the number of individuals that were subjected to Erotica 1 knowingly just to derive personal pleasure out of it.

Number of alts and associates that a psychopath is able to attain in this game never ceases to amaze me.