These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Jester Trek Latest Blog

First post First post
Author
Krixtal Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Galactic
#3461 - 2014-03-26 19:26:59 UTC
Avio Yaken wrote:
im really curious at this point on whats the record for "Most pages on one thread" is.....whatever it is! lets break it folks!

It'll be difficult to match a certain thread in OOPE over 2 years running.........

"He has mounted his hind-legs, and blown crass vapidities through the bowel of his neck."  - Ambrose Bierce on Oscar Wilde's Lecture in San Francisco 1882

Xuixien
Solar Winds Security Solutions
#3462 - 2014-03-26 19:27:09 UTC
Alp Khan wrote:
Alyth Nerun wrote:
Gizznitt Malikite wrote:
Erotica 1 wrote:
So here's a thought, and bear with me on this.

Corp thefts.

What are your thoughts on intentionally lying to someone/building their trust over days, weeks, months for the sole purpose of stealing everything possible?

IMO there is a big difference between Corp thefts and your "bonus room":

Corp thefts you build up trust over time, and then take everything in one swift chop. The act of betrayal is perhaps more brutal upfront, but it isn't an ongoing event.

With your bonus room, you spend the first 20 minutes taking all the stuff. Then you spend the next 2 hours playing with your victim, in a malicious manner, waiting for them to realize you took all their stuff and won't give it back.

Except that they can actually win their stuff back

Nice try for an attempt to depict the issue at hand as scamming.

The issue is not scamming. The issue is psychopathy and mental torture Erotica 1 inflicts on people which he vets out of EVE Online, in real life, through real life methods of communication.

However, if the issue was scamming, then what you have claimed could have been outed as a lie. Nobody can 'win' in a Erotica 1 bonus room. The idea of winning back the assets already lost to Erotica 1 is the psychological hook that Erotica 1 uses to conduct his psychopathic mental real life torture on his victims for deriving personal amusement.

Posting to confirm that being asked to sing Gummy Bears to the Rescue is in fact real life mental torture. A Goon said it so it must be true.

Epic Space Cat, Horsegirl, Philanthropist

La Rynx
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#3463 - 2014-03-26 19:27:23 UTC
Alyth Nerun wrote:

No, since there are no more given rules, it cant be "won".
The only thing that "can" happen, is that those guys decide the victim has won. The victim is completly on their whim.
The victim has been driven into this situation by charms and lies and ppl pretending to fancy and to help the victim.

Atomic Virulent : "You can't spell DOUCHE. without CODE."

Erotica 1
Krypteia Operations
#3464 - 2014-03-26 19:27:37 UTC
Xuixien wrote:
Ais Hellia wrote:
Haven't read the whole thread
but have anyone already mentioned that Salvos Rhoska is definitely Mr Sohkar from the record
so his pretending to be on a moral high ground here after making real life death threats and racist remarks on the record is kind of questionable

I can confirm via voice chat that Salvos is not Sohkar. Possibly they know eachother, but they are not the same person.

He did have a friend who chatted me in game with a real life death threat during the bonus round. Maybe this is the friend. CCP can check the chat logs from that date if they choose.

See Bio for isk doubling rules. If you didn't read bio, chances are you funded those who did.

Xuixien
Solar Winds Security Solutions
#3465 - 2014-03-26 19:29:00 UTC
Erotica 1 wrote:
Xuixien wrote:
Ais Hellia wrote:
Haven't read the whole thread
but have anyone already mentioned that Salvos Rhoska is definitely Mr Sohkar from the record
so his pretending to be on a moral high ground here after making real life death threats and racist remarks on the record is kind of questionable

I can confirm via voice chat that Salvos is not Sohkar. Possibly they know eachother, but they are not the same person.

He did have a friend who chatted me in game with a real life death threat during the bonus round. Maybe this is the friend. CCP can check the chat logs from that date if they choose.

Oh, so Salvos is on the wagon of RL death threats too?

That makes sense. He's made so not-so-thinly veiled threats in this selfsame thread, and when called to task on it, tried to play semantic gymnastics to get out of it.

Epic Space Cat, Horsegirl, Philanthropist

Danalee
Pandemic Horde Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#3466 - 2014-03-26 19:29:05 UTC  |  Edited by: Danalee
Friendly reminder to all you trolls that asking to sings songs/read text DOES NOT EVER EQUAL any of the following;

- Torture
- psychopathy
- Duress (albeit it does equal durr hurr durr)
- the holocaust
- hitler
- waterboarding
- taking advantage of disabled people
- etc...

On the other hand, DEATH THREATS AND RACISM = NOT GUD.

Thanks for not reading.

D.

Bear

Proud member of the Somalian Coast Guard Authority

Member and Juror of the Court of Crime and Punishment

Lady Areola Fappington
#3467 - 2014-03-26 19:29:13 UTC
Xuixien wrote:

There's actually a lot of debate amongst the psyche community about the issue. Is "ASPD" even a diagnosable disorder? Is "psychopathy/sociopathy" even real? If so, how does ASPD differ from psychopathy and how does psychopathy differ from sociopathy?

THANKFULLY, because of brain imagining, these questions are being brought to light.

I think me and you could be great pals, outside of this current debacle!

Anyway, aren't fMRI's awesome? We've discovered so much about how the brain works since that technology came out. Amazing the places neuropsychology is going.

From my own life, I've found it quite interesting and vindicating that brain scans of transgender people show they light up in ways typical of their "chosen" gender, and not birth gender. Great stuff.

7.2 CAN I AVOID PVP COMPLETELY? No; there are no systems or locations in New Eden where PvP may be completely avoided. --Eve New Player Guide

Jarod Garamonde
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#3468 - 2014-03-26 19:29:21 UTC  |  Edited by: Jarod Garamonde
La Rynx wrote:
Alyth Nerun wrote:

No, since there are no more given rules, it cant be "won".
The only thing that "can" happen, is that those guys decide the victim has won. The victim is completly on their whim.
The victim has been driven into this situation by charms and lies and ppl pretending to fancy and to help the victim.

Which is, what?
Oh, that's right.... GAMBLING.

Thank you for proving my point.

When the stakes are THAT high, there have to be a LOT of losers. Not everyone can win. That's just silly.

That moment when you realize the crazy lady with all the cats was right...

[#savethelance]
PotatoOverdose
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#3469 - 2014-03-26 19:29:53 UTC
stoicfaux wrote:
PotatoOverdose wrote:

...So a witch hunt then.

...Or righteous outrage.

Amazing how often the two are used together.

People here aren't out for a change in CCP policy, they're out for blood. Which is neither constructive nor appropriate.
Alp Khan
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#3470 - 2014-03-26 19:29:58 UTC
Xuixien wrote:
Othran wrote:

If you've listened to the material in question then is that behaviour you'd consider acceptable from any of your friends/family?

No, I would not find it acceptable for my friends and family to make death threats and racist remarks over a computer game the way Sohkar did.

Stop with that flawed reasoning immediately. The victim and his family were both under duress as a result of the mental torture that Erotica 1 and co instilled on them through real life communications software. Stop calling the victim a 'racist' to whitewash psychopathy.

By the way, speaking of racism, let me ask you a question:

"...however, unlike Obama, I'm a white male minority who served in the Army..."

Have you ever heard that quote before? If yes, can you tell me who actually said that?
Doc Fury
Furious Enterprises
#3471 - 2014-03-26 19:30:26 UTC
Hey geis!

What's going on in this thread? Looks like gonads and strife.

There's a million angry citizens looking down their tubes..at me.

Erotica 1
Krypteia Operations
#3472 - 2014-03-26 19:30:26 UTC
Crumplecorn wrote:
Katkon Darnok wrote:
It's about the cyber-bullying, making fun of a guy's speech impediment, and the scammer's overt desire to avoid CCP's user agreement by trying to move the whole thing offsite. And then it's about posting the conversation for the sheer purpose of having others join in "the fun" of watching another guy lose his net virtual worth and get extremely agitated in the process. That's what this is about.
They don't really make fun of his speech impediment, and it disappears anyway when he starts calling them niggers.

The rest of the post is nonsense too, but that's one particular accusation I have not seen challenged thus far.

I too asked some people if they noticed he spoke rather clearly during the rant. This was debated but I didn't feel worth listening to just for that one point. I immediately thought of Ricky Ricardo when angry.

See Bio for isk doubling rules. If you didn't read bio, chances are you funded those who did.

Unsuccessful At Everything
The Troll Bridge
#3473 - 2014-03-26 19:32:30 UTC
Erotica 1 wrote:
Xuixien wrote:

Im sure in this case the logs will convieniently show nothing.

Will you kindly strap yourself to a wooden pole while I pile the firewood and kindling around your feet? Im making a place for two btw... im sure if you burn for this, ill be burned for my flavor of content creation shortly after. Because as we all know, the best reaction is OVER-REACTION.

Since the cessation of their usefulness is imminent, may I appropriate your belongings?

Mr Epeen
It's All About Me
#3474 - 2014-03-26 19:32:38 UTC
Lady Areola Fappington wrote:
Brusanan wrote:

"Sociopath" and "Psychopath" are colloquial terms, not medical ones. They are different shades of Anti-Social Personality Disorder.

Ohhh, I know. Like I said, one of my pet peeves. You'd think if a game company were going to be dumb enough to do something like deny access based on medical disorders, that they'd use the correct terminology!

The diagnosis of ASPD and DID also take a ton of observation and testing. IIRC, there are even specific warnings that say "Do not use a single incident of ASPD-like behaviour as a basis for diagnosis."

A game company in no way needs to diagnose anything.

All they need to know is that their game is being used to facilitate bad people who want to do bad things to people. It's not even a question of whether they would be morally corrupt in letting it happen. The real question is how will this affect their bottom line if it somehow manages to get some press.

It doesn't take much to see a company go from on top to a has-been thanks to determined people that get the right thing made viral. It would behoove CCP to get this sorted in a way that makes them shine in the best possible light. That means not trying to hide behind semantic legalese while making excuses for doing nothing. They need to paint themselves as the game company that draws a line between RL and game life.

Be a leader CCP, not another pass the buck loser company.

Mr Epeen Cool
KnowUsByTheDead
Sunlight...Through The Blight.
#3475 - 2014-03-26 19:33:42 UTC
Xuixien wrote:
Lady Areola Fappington wrote:
Brusanan wrote:

"Sociopath" and "Psychopath" are colloquial terms, not medical ones. They are different shades of Anti-Social Personality Disorder.

Ohhh, I know. Like I said, one of my pet peeves. You'd think if a game company were going to be dumb enough to do something like deny access based on medical disorders, that they'd use the correct terminology!

The diagnosis of ASPD and DID also take a ton of observation and testing. IIRC, there are even specific warnings that say "Do not use a single incident of ASPD-like behaviour as a basis for diagnosis."

There's actually a lot of debate amongst the psyche community about the issue. Is "ASPD" even a diagnosable disorder? Is "psychopathy/sociopathy" even real? If so, how does ASPD differ from psychopathy and how does psychopathy differ from sociopathy?

THANKFULLY, because of brain imagining, these questions are being brought to light.

But even brain imaging is showing that many people have a least one precursor for ASPD.

And, iirc (been awhile since I worked in the MH field), you simply cannot treat sociopathy, which is the main reason it was changed to ASPD.

And not to mention, because sociopathy/psychopathy is so hard to diagnose/treat, most diagnoses of ASPD focus on psychotic triggers, not sociopathic ones.

Which begs the question....

Is sociopathy merely "the human condition?"

Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the comedian is the only thing that makes sense.

Toshiro Ozuwara
Perkone
#3476 - 2014-03-26 19:35:49 UTC
Mario Putzo wrote:
(secret: I don't care what happens to anyone involved here, I am just passing time at work)

I know. LOL.

It didn't take long to locate the tracking beacon, deep inside the quarters for sleepin' They thought they could get away Not today, it's not the way that this kid plays

Alp Khan
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#3477 - 2014-03-26 19:35:53 UTC
Xuixien wrote:
Alp Khan wrote:
Alyth Nerun wrote:
Gizznitt Malikite wrote:
Erotica 1 wrote:
So here's a thought, and bear with me on this.

Corp thefts.

What are your thoughts on intentionally lying to someone/building their trust over days, weeks, months for the sole purpose of stealing everything possible?

IMO there is a big difference between Corp thefts and your "bonus room":

Corp thefts you build up trust over time, and then take everything in one swift chop. The act of betrayal is perhaps more brutal upfront, but it isn't an ongoing event.

With your bonus room, you spend the first 20 minutes taking all the stuff. Then you spend the next 2 hours playing with your victim, in a malicious manner, waiting for them to realize you took all their stuff and won't give it back.

Nice try for an attempt to depict the issue at hand as scamming.

The issue is not scamming. The issue is psychopathy and mental torture Erotica 1 inflicts on people which he vets out of EVE Online, in real life, through real life methods of communication.

However, if the issue was scamming, then what you have claimed could have been outed as a lie. Nobody can 'win' in a Erotica 1 bonus room. The idea of winning back the assets already lost to Erotica 1 is the psychological hook that Erotica 1 uses to conduct his psychopathic mental real life torture on his victims for deriving personal amusement.

Posting to confirm that being asked to sing Gummy Bears to the Rescue is in fact real life mental torture. A Goon said it so it must be true.

Of course I expected Erotica 1's associates and his army of alts to personally attack me for not condoning his real life psychopathy.

This is not even a lie, but rather a half lie that attempts to cast Erotica 1 under a good light for those who haven't taken the time to listen to the recording.

Aim here is to make you think that it was just a harmless, friendly troll or messing around with another EVE player. Anyone who actually takes time to listen to the victim and his family being subjected to psychopathic mental torture through real life communications for three hours would actually know that Erotica 1 is not your friendly EVE player who ransoms your pod for a song on voice comms.
Othran
Route One
#3478 - 2014-03-26 19:36:03 UTC
Xuixien wrote:
Othran wrote:

If you've listened to the material in question then is that behaviour you'd consider acceptable from any of your friends/family?

No, I would not find it acceptable for my friends and family to make death threats and racist remarks over a computer game the way Sohkar did.

Darling you have no credibility on these forums so why try?
Mario Putzo
#3479 - 2014-03-26 19:36:17 UTC
There are times when you get suckered in By drugs and alcohol and sex with women, MMMKay
But it's when you do these things too much That you've become an addict and must get back in touch

You can do it, it's all up to you, MMMKay With a little plan you can change your life today
You don't have to spend your life addicted to smack Homeless on the streets, giving hand jobs for crack
Follow my plan and very soon you will say It's easy MMMKay

David Kir
Hotbirds
#3480 - 2014-03-26 19:36:36 UTC
Jarod Garamonde wrote:

How is it immoral? Honestly. Did you think Fear Factor was immoral? Because that game show kind of did the same thing Erotica does during the last few stages of the bonus round (asking one to voluntarily humiliate themselves and/or place themselves directly in the path of something they fear). Again... the contestant can walk away at any time. And there HAVE been winners. Just because it's REALLY hard to win, doesn't mean it's impossible.

When you play EVE, you get exposed to lots of different sociopaths, and that has been accepted as par for the course. Even players who are well-adjusted, high-functioning members of society, away from the keyboard, turn into cackling supervillains out to ruin everyone's day, the moment Aura says "connecting". And that fact has done nothing but give EVE publicity and subscriptions, since day 1.

Lastly..... are you seriously suggesting that every player should be expected to act like an ambassador for the game, and provide free advertisement to CCP? You MUST be a carebear, because only carebears willingly treat this game like a job.

No, I don't think that we should all act like ambassadors.

I do, however, think that this kind of extreme behaviour has great influence on EVE's reputation.

The best and the worst, that's what sticks.

And as I've already said, this does not make for good advertisement.

BR, Asakai, the GHSC heist, Burn Jita, goons piling 2k people in a systme, that's good publicity.

Some random guy humiliating another player is not.

Friends are like cows: if you eat them, they die.