These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Jester Trek Latest Blog

First post First post
Author
DJentropy Ovaert
The Conference Elite
Safety.
#3401 - 2014-03-26 19:00:50 UTC  |  Edited by: DJentropy Ovaert
LUMINOUS SPIRIT wrote:

No Mr. Epeen, I, for one, do not find it acceptable.

I stand for keeping real-life terrorists, rapists, pedophiles, pimps, drug dealers, online predators and such out of EVE. I am sure CCP also holds such a stance.

E1 and friends have to go.

Look at you. You are still using the same tired straw man argument, trying to compare E1 to acts of real world terrorism, pedophilia, prostitution, drug dealing, etc.

Quite frankly, your inability to have a adult conversation and discuss a single issue without resorting to the kind of slander you are showing disgusts me.

By bringing up rapists, pedophiles, etc and trying to connect them to this discussion - you are doing the *exact same thing* that anti-homosexual groups try to do by mentioning pedophilia and bestiality in the same breath that they discuss homosexuality.

What you are doing is wrong and disgusting, and you really need to grow up. We are talking about a single issue here, and your inability to form a single logical thought on it and actually contribute to this conversation speaks volumes about your intellectual maturity. Perhaps enrolling in a basic Ethics 101 style class at your local community college would help you be able to discuss complicated multi-faceted topics such as this without resorting to the immature slander you have been spewing all over this thread?
Navi Annages
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#3402 - 2014-03-26 19:01:04 UTC
LUMINOUS SPIRIT wrote:
Navi Annages wrote:

Keep blowing this out of proportion or else Sohkar ends up in prison.

Desperation. Good. Starting to sink in, is it?

Your the one flying around high sec. If you don't want sohkar to end up in prison then you best stop posting because your the primary pushing for this to go even more public. I hope sohkar goes to jail just to fill your sadist belly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8-JfK-wwFU

Lady Areola Fappington
#3403 - 2014-03-26 19:01:16 UTC  |  Edited by: Lady Areola Fappington
Brusanan wrote:
Mr Epeen wrote:
Things are getting a little wacky again. Let's see if we can rein it in a bit with a simple question.

Do you feel it's acceptable for a game company to knowingly allow obvious psychopaths to use their product to lure victims into out-of-game situations?

Mr Epeen Cool

I think it's not up to the game company to decide what consenting adults should/shouldn't do outside of their game.

Also, the diagnosis of psychopathy doesn't exist, in a medical sense. It's covered by a few separate disorders. PLus, diagnosing someone with a mental disorder is typically reserved to doctors and such, not game designers. There are rules 'bout dat.

I think, if a game company told me "You're a psychopath, you aren't allowed to play our game", my first question would be "You have the ability to make this diagnosis how?" My second would be "Can I get the information for your lawyer?"

I forgot, in the USA it'd be helluva huge ADA thing. Denying someone with a mental disorder access to your business based on that disorder is a biiig no-no.

7.2 CAN I AVOID PVP COMPLETELY? No; there are no systems or locations in New Eden where PvP may be completely avoided. --Eve New Player Guide

Danalee
Pandemic Horde Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#3404 - 2014-03-26 19:01:17 UTC
KnowUsByTheDead
Sunlight...Through The Blight.
#3405 - 2014-03-26 19:01:45 UTC  |  Edited by: KnowUsByTheDead
LUMINOUS SPIRIT wrote:
Mr Epeen wrote:

Do you feel it's acceptable for a game company to knowingly allow obvious psychopaths to use their product to lure victims into out-of-game situations?

Mr Epeen Cool

I stand for keeping real-life terrorists, rapists, pedophiles, pimps, drug dealers, online predators and such out of EVE. I am sure CCP also holds such a stance.

And since you didn't bother to answer the first time.

Big smile

KnowUsByTheDead wrote:

Ok.

So do you have substantial evidence of any one of those involved in the Bonus Round:

Raping someone?

Hurting children?

Pimping out women?

Engaging in legitimate terrorist activity?

Dealing drugs?

If so, then by all means, spill the beans.

I would love to laugh in your face when you get to my criminal record.

Non-existence.

Roll

*Edit, fixed quote.

Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the comedian is the only thing that makes sense.

Ranger 1
Ranger Corp
Vae. Victis.
#3406 - 2014-03-26 19:01:46 UTC
Alp Khan wrote:
Toshiro Ozuwara wrote:
Drone 16 wrote:
Lastly, I think E1 should remove himself from consideration for the CSM

The CSM thing is just for attention and to promote his scams. This guy is never going to release his RL name to this community where he can be tracked down and have his personal life tied to his relatively anonymous online behavior.

I don't think Erotica 1 can ever stand to have his real life name tied up to his EVE identity. I imagine that some people would be quite keen to establish similarities between both if that happened, which would result in a legal nightmare for him.

Egad, he has a tasteless and very poor sense of humor.

GET A ROPE!!!

View the latest EVE Online developments and other game related news and gameplay by visiting Ranger 1 Presents: Virtual Realms.

Giovanni erkelens2
Convocation of Fourteen
#3407 - 2014-03-26 19:03:19 UTC
Navi Annages wrote:
Giovanni erkelens2 wrote:
not everyone supporting erotica1 is wrong. that for sure.

but i can say Navi Annages is the lowest of the low here. wanting to see someone jailed. if it wasnt so sad id laugh hard.

White Knights stand up for a Sohkar and his ethical viewpoints right?

What they always fail to realize is that at the end of the day someone will go down for this. Whether it is E1 or Sohkar. I hope it's sohkar so the White Knights learn there lesson. By not keeping there lil traps shut they will cause Sohkar to goto jail. Hands down death threats are felony charges.

Keep blowing this out of proportion or else Sohkar ends up in prison.

now this is funny.

What they always fail to realize is that at the end of the day someone will go down for this. Whether it is E1 or Sohkar. I hope it's sohkar so the White Knights learn there lesson. By not keeping there lil traps shut they will cause Sohkar to goto jail. Hands down death threats are felony charges.

Keep blowing this out of proportion or else Sohkar ends up in prison. <----------------------------------------

Sohkar will goto Jail over this. His Children will talk to him through a glass wall through a telephone. Mrs. Sohkar will be crying in the backgroud. At the end of the day Mr. Sohkar could have done things differently. Don't make death threat's kids. It breaks the law. <---------------------------------------------

you say when blowing things out of proportions will make him go to jail ?

and then you have something that says he WILL be jailed.

you are in doubt with youself.

PotatoOverdose
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#3408 - 2014-03-26 19:03:25 UTC
LUMINOUS SPIRIT wrote:

Case in point. No factual support in the rules. No constructive response on how to address the "issue" i.e. whether CCP policy should ban future encounters following the "bonus room" archetype.

Just ad hominem attacks and bloodlust.
Classic witch hunt. Despicable.
Toshiro Ozuwara
Perkone
#3409 - 2014-03-26 19:03:27 UTC
Mario Putzo wrote:
Toshiro Ozuwara wrote:
Mario Putzo wrote:
As a CSM he is way out of line. He is a representative of CCP and has taken an internal matter of CCP's and put it on public display, and continues to update it even after CCP has said they are investigating the matter internally.

This clear harassment is in direct violation of not only CCPs EULA, but also many international Harassment Laws. As a CSM member, and representative of CCP, Ripard is way out of line.

Please tell me this is a troll, because most of your posts are quite intelligent.

and what makes you think it isa troll, everything I wrote is true.

It's a community matter, not an internal matter. Afaict, he hasn't broken NDA or discussed anything happening internally at CCP.

This is actually a good use of the CSM for once (pay attention Malcanis) whether you agree or not with Ripard's conclusions, he's highlighting a community issue, which obviously many people feel passionately about.

Now if you really want to make the claim he is out of line, you should outline specifically what he has done that has crossed said line. Not the line in your head, but the actual line CCP has laid out wrt CSM performance.

Your post was so silly, I assumed it was a troll, because it's beyond belief anyone intelligent (which I am very sure you are) would write such a thing with a straight face.

It didn't take long to locate the tracking beacon, deep inside the quarters for sleepin' They thought they could get away Not today, it's not the way that this kid plays

Navi Annages
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#3410 - 2014-03-26 19:03:39 UTC
Ranger 1 wrote:
Alp Khan wrote:
Toshiro Ozuwara wrote:
Drone 16 wrote:
Lastly, I think E1 should remove himself from consideration for the CSM

The CSM thing is just for attention and to promote his scams. This guy is never going to release his RL name to this community where he can be tracked down and have his personal life tied to his relatively anonymous online behavior.

I don't think Erotica 1 can ever stand to have his real life name tied up to his EVE identity. I imagine that some people would be quite keen to establish similarities between both if that happened, which would result in a legal nightmare for him.

GET A ROPE!!!

That sounds a lil threatening. But hey we can all wait for Sohkar to wind up in prison or court for death threats which are felony charges. It's ok keep the hate of E1 floating within you. It will make you strong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8-JfK-wwFU

Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#3411 - 2014-03-26 19:03:54 UTC  |  Edited by: Jonah Gravenstein
LUMINOUS SPIRIT wrote:

Have you ever met any real-life terrorists, rapists, paedophiles, pimps, drug dealers, online predators etc within the Eve community?
Or are you just throwing out random emotionally charged words because you think it makes you look good?

Free tip : You're not dealing with your average gaming community, what passes for forum manipulation elsewhere is old hat here, some have been playing the forums game since the dawn of the internet. Eve is where bored bitter vets and the bold end up.

I would love to see you justify comparing the loss of some internet spaceship stuff with sexual assault, child abuse, the pimping of prostitutes, predation upon the vulnerable, the selling of drugs and the use of real world violence to terrorise a population. Primarily because there is no justification, I'd just love to see you try to.

Please drop the rhetoric and post like an adult, we might just be able to engage in some reasonable discourse.

At worst Erotica is Eves equivalent of Jerry Springer or Jeremy Kyle.

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

Tarojan
Tarojan Corporation
#3412 - 2014-03-26 19:04:05 UTC
What Jenn aSide said. Totally. The only thing that shocked and disgusted me was the racism. Greedy stupid racist lost all his in game assets? Good.

Will gank for food

David Kir
Hotbirds
#3413 - 2014-03-26 19:04:22 UTC
Brusanan wrote:

People don't want to play a game that exposes them to immoral behavior? So you speak for all of us now?

People don't what to play a game that exposes them to this kind of immoral behaviour.

Which also applies to the EVE playerbase.

There's a reason why most of it is in hisec: they want to be protected from what other gamesdefine as "griefing".

You can lie to yourself as much as you want, but most of EVE's playerbase is not comprised by people who are here for the "loot, pillage and scams".

Most players are "carebears", people who are yet to dip into the various forms of PVP that this game can offer.

And they're as important as the PVP-addicted.

That's the kind of people this stuff scares off.

And I'd like them around, so I can shoot them. Ingame.

Friends are like cows: if you eat them, they die.

Alp Khan
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#3414 - 2014-03-26 19:04:27 UTC
Ranger 1 wrote:

GET A ROPE!!!

I can find you people, state and federal attorneys and law enforcement agents that would have great difficulty at finding humour in eBay scamming.
Drone 16
Holy Horde
#3415 - 2014-03-26 19:05:21 UTC
Xuixien wrote:

That recording is truly awful and if it evokes such a primal response Eve players (arguably a harder bunch than average) imagine it in the hands of a politician that wants to add restrictions to gaming, mother's being asked for their cc# so a new guy can make an account etc.etc.

So you're talking about Sohkar's awful behavior, regarding the death threats and racist comments then, right?

I don't think that means we need to restrict games, I think that means we need to restrict death threats and racist comments.

Sigh you are just silly...I like your simplistic repeating of the same phrase over and over. It's that simplicity about you that I really find endearing. Quote that over and over because I sincerely mean it. Maybe use some crayons and scrawl it on your wall. Finally someone likes you. A LOT [/quote]

So you're avoiding the question?
[/quote]
I'm avoiding your failure at reading comprehension. Re-read what I wrote, absorb its message and tone, provide context to your cherry picked quote. Re-submit your question based on that.

Also, get me a diet coke, thanks

It puts the peanutbutter on itself or it leaves the bonus round... - E1's greatest Hits

stoicfaux
#3416 - 2014-03-26 19:05:56 UTC
PotatoOverdose wrote:

Ever hear of the Jerry Springer show?

Following your analogy: Are gamehosts jailed when their contestants display mental instability? Should they be?

Jailed? Only if they broke the law. But how about sued? Springer sued over murdered guest

Quote:
If you want to change the rules to prohibit the 'bonus room,' fine, heck I'd support that. But many in this thread aren't asking for that, rather, they are demanding an individual be banned based on their feelings alone.

Yes, but that's just it. What is and isn't "acceptable" behavior is often based on people's feelings aka standards, beliefs, moral systems, etc. When a TV station drops a host or blacklists a celebrity who made a "controversial" remark or action, they aren't responding to a legal problem, or even a civil action. Instead they're responding to potential community backlash.

So yeah, Erotica is being judged by the community (aka people's feelings) for that particular bonus room or maybe bonus rooms in general. The real question is which community's standards is CCP going to apply.

Pon Farr Memorial: once every 7 years, all the carebears in high-sec must PvP or they will be temp-banned.

Shizuken
Venerated Stars
#3417 - 2014-03-26 19:06:36 UTC
Navi Annages wrote:

It stopped being eve when they went to ts3. Thankyou come again.

It never stopped being eve so long as in game assets were being used as the fulcrum to humiliate him. No one would ever consider what goes on in alliance chat channels through TS, Vent, or Mumble as completely separate from EvE.

These actions began and ended in eve. Erotica1 knew that and intended that it be so.
Unsuccessful At Everything
The Troll Bridge
#3418 - 2014-03-26 19:06:57 UTC
Oh here we go now. Everyone who sides with Ero is a troll and everyone who sides with the White Knights are infallible.

Quote:
5. Trolling is prohibited.

Trolling is a defined as a post that is deliberately designed for the purpose of angering and insulting other players in an attempt to incite retaliation or an emotional response. Posts of this nature are disruptive, often abusive and do not contribute to the sense of community that CCP promote.

White Knights and supporters, the above is a rule. Please note, that the side who is claiming the other is trolling, are themselves breaking the above rules more often than the "trolls" they accuse of it!

It is the White Knights and supporters who are making the majority of comments to anger and insult.

It is the White Knights and supporters who are making the majority of comments to incite emotional responses and incite retaliation. This would also mean that Ripard Teg is the biggest troll of them all at this point..because his blog is the trolling blog that set off this drama bomb.

It is the White Knights and supporters who are making the majority of comments that are disruptive, abusive, and are not contributing to the sense of community.

Watch who you are calling a troll at this point, because im sure if the people calling the others trolls were to look back at their own posts... they would not be using that word anymore.

Yes, I am aware that My corps name is "The Troll Bridge", Yes I am aware that I myself have admitted to Trolling on several occasions, Yes I have been banned for trolling, Yes I ROLLED THIS TOON FOR TROLLING, YES, I know what this post means coming from ME.

Since the cessation of their usefulness is imminent, may I appropriate your belongings?

Xuixien
Solar Winds Security Solutions
#3419 - 2014-03-26 19:06:59 UTC
Drone 16 wrote:
I'm avoiding your failure at reading comprehension. Re-read what I wrote, absorb its message and tone, provide context to your cherry picked quote. Re-submit your question based on that.

Also, get me a diet coke, thanks

So you're avoiding the question then. Okay, that's all I wanted to know. Thank you for your cooperation. :)

Epic Space Cat, Horsegirl, Philanthropist

PotatoOverdose
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#3420 - 2014-03-26 19:07:27 UTC
Alp Khan wrote:
Ranger 1 wrote:

GET A ROPE!!!

I can find you people, state and federal attorneys and law enforcement agents that would have great difficulty at finding humour in eBay scamming.

Scamming real currency/property (i.e. actual crime) versus stealing monopoly money. Ad hominem.

The witch hunt continues.