These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Wormholes

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Tripwire - Sig Mapping Tool

First post First post
Author
Hidden Fremen
Lazerhawks
L A Z E R H A W K S
#21 - 2014-02-10 13:06:56 UTC
Some sexy UI changes coming soon(ish)!
Mournful Conciousness
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#22 - 2014-02-13 01:17:42 UTC  |  Edited by: Mournful Conciousness
Tripwire has been a huge success for us since we adopted it 2 days ago. Here's one of today's combat reports:

Gank Report and Payout: PVP 02.C3 #1
Sent: 2014.02.12 21:44
To: Embers Children,

Mournful Conciousness 110,916,836.37 PVP 02.C3 #1
Zantovich 110,916,836.37 PVP 02.C3 #1
With'out 110,916,836.37 PVP 02.C3 #1
Euthanasia Anneto 55,458,418.18 PVP 02.C3 #1 * included because he scanned the chain

Distro payment: 12,000,000

Synopsis:

G2 had a look on the tripwire chain and noticed npc killis in titan->c5->lowsec->c3. He went to investigate.

Upon jumping in, two tengus were sited orbiting a mobile depot and tractor unit. The site has half completed.

Despite knowing that Kill It With Fire were only one system away, and were undoubtedly watching our every move, Mournful Conciousness heroically put his corp member's lives on the line by ordering them into warp, making best speed to the c3.

We arrived on grid at 0 on 2 stationary tengus who were looting wrecks. As the second tengu was going down he thoughtfully dumped his sleeper loot into space so we could keep it all. We salute him.

Two more tengus on the scraphead. Fine work fellas.

http://www.toha-conglomerate.org/killboard/index.php/kill_related/6297/

Thanks to Euthanasia, our glorious CEO, for leaving the tripwire system fully populated with a wormhole chain.

/MC

Embers Children is recruiting carefully selected pilots who like wormholes, green killboards and the sweet taste of tears. You can convo me in game or join the chat "TOHA Lounge".

Daimian Mercer
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#23 - 2014-02-14 01:15:26 UTC  |  Edited by: Daimian Mercer
Hidden Fremen wrote:
Some sexy UI changes coming soon(ish)!

Here is a teaser of said sexy UI changes... only days away.

Screen Shot

Each section can be re-sized and re-ordered.

Creator of Tripwire mapping tool - EVE-O thread

Twitter | daimian.mercer@gmail.com

Tzar Sinak
Mythic Heights
#24 - 2014-02-16 19:55:01 UTC
Really looking forward to this. Thanks for the work on it.

Hydrostatic Podcast First class listening of all things EVE

Check out the Eve-Prosper show for your market updates!

Daimian Mercer
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#25 - 2014-02-16 21:26:43 UTC
New layout is now live.

It is now possible to take a peak at Tripwire before registering. However to fully use Tripwire you will need to register under a corp/alliance which your corp or alliance must do prior to registering. Please contact me to setup your corp/alliance.

https://tripwire.cloud-things.com

Note: If you are a prior Tripwire user please be sure to force a full refresh of code via Ctrl-F5 for out of game and IGB goto Options->General Settings->Clear Browser Cache.

Daimian Mercer
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#26 - 2014-02-16 21:58:43 UTC  |  Edited by: Daimian Mercer
Note that the IGB sometimes requires clearing the cache multiple times. As reported by some users.

Also when first opening Tripwire it is best to open it in a large window and adjust the layout via the "lock" button in the top right corner.

Glencore Ramskill
The Knights-errant
#27 - 2014-02-17 13:05:32 UTC
Look's cool but isn't this mass surveillance by KILL, what stops him interpreting his sql tables to view everyone chain?
Mournful Conciousness
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#28 - 2014-02-17 13:18:59 UTC
Glencore Ramskill wrote:
Look's cool but isn't this mass surveillance by KILL, what stops him interpreting his sql tables to view everyone chain?

Nothing in life is free or without risk my friend. I am sure you happily use google docs without worrying about what Google are doing with your information.

If you don't trust the author, don't use it.

Embers Children is recruiting carefully selected pilots who like wormholes, green killboards and the sweet taste of tears. You can convo me in game or join the chat "TOHA Lounge".

Glencore Ramskill
The Knights-errant
#29 - 2014-02-17 13:26:31 UTC
Mournful Conciousness wrote:
Glencore Ramskill wrote:

Nothing in life is free or without risk my friend. I am sure you happily use google docs without worrying about what Google are doing with your information.

If you don't trust the author, don't use it.

I do actually but generally the info I store online is of little importance. I wouldn't plot a murder with a conspirer using google docs for example :)

Nor would I use a competitors server to store trade secrets ;)

Not trying to troll or anything just wondered if that was the case.
MD74
Dark Venture Corporation
Kitchen Sinkhole
#30 - 2014-02-17 13:47:35 UTC
We are one of the few groups who have been allowed using Tripwire for a couple of years now. Some people actually want to do something for the EVE community;Daimian is a geat guy who would not risk abusing intel he possibly could extract if he really really wanted to. He created the tool for corp use, and its now slowly becoming available for everyone. Drop into Tripwire Public, and have a chat with him
Mournful Conciousness
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#31 - 2014-02-17 13:56:24 UTC
Agreed. He's been nothing less than helpful. When we got a kill (above) because of tripwire he was genuinely pleased and urged me to post it.

Daimian Mercer
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#32 - 2014-02-17 15:08:37 UTC
Glencore Ramskill wrote:

I have spent considerable time and money ensuring Tripwire is secure, far more secure than any other 3rd party tool. Just look at the certified SSL encryption - 256-bit encrypted which is more than some online stores and includes this very forum.

Privately hosted 3rd party tools have many server back-doors simply because they are not setup properly; and if they are, none will have an SSL encryption like Tripwire.

Tripwire's SSL has cost far more then the servers (yes servers not server) and requires weeks of paperwork to be filed any time there is any change to the server.

I simply refuse to give anyone, including KILL, any information tracked by Tripwire because it is literally not worth the risk. I have much larger plans then just Tripwire.

If that isn't enough for you then I implore you to speak with others - as you can see I have many long time users that have complete trust in Tripwire and in me.

Daimian Mercer
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#33 - 2014-02-18 05:03:46 UTC
Tripwire forums are now up and available: https://tripwire.cloud-things.com/forums

Daimian Mercer
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#34 - 2014-02-18 23:57:46 UTC
Update:
Working on setting up a test server to allow users to use the latest developments (Think of it like a Tripwire SISI)

Also I have developed a method for Tripwire to auto name systems (C5a, C5b) - expect it this weekend!

Daimian Mercer
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#35 - 2014-02-19 04:54:35 UTC
The test version of Tripwire is now online and available to all.

https://galileo.tripwire.cloud-things.com

It accesses the same data Tripwire does so it can be used along-side Tripwire. It also has the same security including the same SSL encryption so it is safe.

For details on what is going on with Galileo please checkout the Tripwire forum thread: https://tripwire.cloud-things.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=8

Daimian Mercer
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#36 - 2014-02-20 13:46:02 UTC
Tripwire patch coming this Friday night (Feb 21st)

List of changes:

• Modified footer to sit lower and included page generation time.
  • Local pirates now appears like a link (draws attention for hover-over)
  • Wormhole effect & local pirates are now dead links (clicking means nothing)
  • Login/User menu now closes itself when clicking away (auto-closes)
  • Registration window now closes on successful registration
  • API auto-refresh included again (currently requires login)
  • New API countdown clock added in top bar
  • Switched to local jQuery libraries

Also expect the following:

• Second way for BMing wormholes support (C5a, C5b)
  • Loading speed increases

FYI my usual patch day is Friday nights - I try to do patches weekly.

SharpNine Sasen
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#37 - 2014-02-20 14:09:31 UTC
Daimian Mercer wrote:
Glencore Ramskill wrote:

I have spent considerable time and money ensuring Tripwire is secure . . .

. . . .I simply refuse to give anyone, including KILL, any information tracked by Tripwire because it is literally not worth the risk.

complete trust in Tripwire and in me.

Why would someone expend considerable time and money on something that gets them nothing in return. You charging nothing for the tool only increases suspicion. Someone busting their ass for all this just to give it away for free, and then claim that they wouldn't take advantage the wealth of intel available if your tool propogates...? What's the end goal? the only observable value you can get out of this is intel or reputation for developing secure tools. IF the rep was your objective what are you going to do with THAT? make another tool and charge isk for that one? Why not just take payment for this one in the first place to 1. make money and 2. ward off suspicion. The whole thing smells like Pell's ******* to me.
Peter Moonlight
Suddenly Carebears
#38 - 2014-02-20 14:14:48 UTC
SharpNine Sasen wrote:
Daimian Mercer wrote:
Glencore Ramskill wrote:

. . . .I simply refuse to give anyone, including KILL, any information tracked by Tripwire because it is literally not worth the risk.

Why would someone expend considerable time and money on something that gets them nothing in return. You charging nothing for the tool only increases suspicion. Someone busting their ass for all this just to give it away for free, and then claim that they wouldn't take advantage the wealth of intel available if your tool propogates...? What's the end goal? the only observable value you can get out of this is intel or reputation for developing secure tools. IF the rep was your objective what are you going to do with THAT? make another tool and charge isk for that one? Why not just take payment for this one in the first place to 1. make money and 2. ward off suspicion. The whole thing smells like Pell's ******* to me.

Maybe he's one of the good people trying to do the good thing to the community or making himself a rep for his future project, and maybe this is only one of the side things he is doing as he is a programmer. Maybe he needs rep to get a better job in the future? To have something in his portfolio, there are many reasons.

And btw, i haven't used the thing but i was watching it around and forums, Daimian is doing hard to make this thing good and working for everyone, and i promise i will try it asap Pirate
Klarion Sythis
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#39 - 2014-02-20 14:48:59 UTC
That's a lot of benefit of the doubt.

Seriously OP, why?
Daimian Mercer
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#40 - 2014-02-20 22:45:35 UTC
SharpNine Sasen wrote:
Daimian Mercer wrote:
Glencore Ramskill wrote:

You have an excellent question and point! I should have addressed this already.

I created Tripwire 3 years ago because I wanted to a new hobby project (I had previously created .NET apps). Now over the years Tripwire has become my "baby" project - I continue it because I enjoy coding but mostly now because it speaks highly of my skills to potential employers.

Companies are only inclined to disclose only if you worked for them - the company I currently work at has such a policy. So other than a job title I can carry almost nothing to my next company even though I have done amazing work.

Tripwire actually got me my current job 2 years ago, I am the lead internal web application developer for a multi-billion dollar company. And now having an increasingly popular web application for instantly sharing data across the world securely will give me a serious edge in a job interview down the road.

So the more popular Tripwire gets - the more likely I will get a high paying IT job in the future. So I'm not getting nothing in return - I'm actually investing in my future which will probably pay off 10 fold.

I hope this explains why I am doing what I am with Tripwire.