These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

[Rubicon 1.3] Drone Assist change

First post First post First post
Author
Rathunterka
Bohemian Veterans
Pandemic Horde
#41 - 2014-02-06 14:38:59 UTC
CCP Rise wrote:
Hello, some news:

We've watched the discussion in the community evolve and also kept a close eye on TQ behavior.

As always, leave your feedback and we will do our best to answer any questions.

Well, kill2... no.
The socalled discussion was a number of unhappy whiny players, that were doctrinated to belive theyr own lies after a while, crying out loud because the game didnt allow them to win, despite having more ppl in fleets.
The drone assist carrier was founded and used to counter 250 celestis with 4damps locking beyond 200km in huge fleet fights.
Players addapted... using 100x expensier ships (20m celestis 2b carrier)

Im cool with you and fozzie nerfing everything the second masses start to cry. Its notning new after all... but your reasoning for doing so is just absurd.
Veng3ance
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#42 - 2014-02-06 14:40:33 UTC
Thank you! Amazing change!

Keep it at 50 that should be perfect.
Darksen Belisarius
War Tactical Groups
DarkSide.
#43 - 2014-02-06 14:40:37 UTC
Topic : nerf drone assist

Summon + butthurt : n3+pl Roll
Tronjay the'3rd
Pandemic Horde Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#44 - 2014-02-06 14:40:43 UTC
So we now have 5 or more assist-guys trying to target primary under max. tidi?

WOW, way to go CCP......Evil

兵者,詭道也。故能而示之不能,用而示之不用,近而示之遠,遠而示之近

**Sun Tzu **©

Araneatrox
I like space and spaceships
xXPlease Pandemic Citizens Reloaded Alliance.Xx
#45 - 2014-02-06 14:40:49 UTC
Bloody marvelous!
Novah Soul
#46 - 2014-02-06 14:41:08 UTC  |  Edited by: Novah Soul
Omnathious Deninard wrote:
Why 50? That still seems too much.
I can only control 5 drones from my ship natively, but for some reason I can use 50 from others?

50 seems reasonable... an 10 man subcap squad can have the 10 users set their drones to assist. This will basically be like the drone-bunny setups in incursions.

A man is known by the quality of his friends. - Lex Luthor

Anthar Thebess
#47 - 2014-02-06 14:41:09 UTC  |  Edited by: Anthar Thebess
Putting cap for 50 drones is good direction, but:
- fast locking ceptor having assist of 50 sentry drones is still way OP
- fleets will go from assist to drone bunny to assist to your squad leader. ( this is still very bad )

My proposal:
- frigates/destroyers/cruisers/battle cruisers can have max 5 drones assisted.
- other ships can have 25 drones assisted with the exception for command ships that can go to 50 drone cap when fitting some new module reserved only for Command Ships.
Sheeana Harb
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#48 - 2014-02-06 14:41:10 UTC
CCP Rise wrote:

We believe a flat cap will:

• Limit large scale assist substantially
  • Leave room for smaller scale assisting (there are several use-cases for assist that we wanted to preserve, such as incursion drone managers)
  • Be very easy to communicate to players
  • Affect carriers more heavily than sub-caps (because they can field 10 drones per ship rather than 5)
  • and will make further adjustments.

As an active incursion runner I strongly believe this change will (negatively) affect incursions as it's not uncommon to see more than 70 drones(small and medium) at a single site.
    On the other hand, heavy drones and sentries aren't used due to their slow dps application(heavies) or the need to keep moving(sentries).

Is it possible to have separate caps for sentries and small/medium drones? The current 50 for sentries and let's say 100 for small/medium drones?
    Mazarinus
    Perkone
    Caldari State
    #49 - 2014-02-06 14:41:13 UTC
    its good...
    Venetian Tar
    State War Academy
    Caldari State
    #50 - 2014-02-06 14:41:51 UTC
    Rathunterka wrote:
    CCP Rise wrote:
    Hello, some news:

We've watched the discussion in the community evolve and also kept a close eye on TQ behavior.

Well, kill2... no.
    The socalled discussion was a number of unhappy whiny players, that were doctrinated to belive theyr own lies after a while, crying out loud because the game didnt allow them to win, despite having more ppl in fleets.
    The drone assist carrier was founded and used to counter 250 celestis with 4damps locking beyond 200km in huge fleet fights.

Im cool with you and fozzie nerfing everything the second masses start to cry. Its notning new after all... but your reasoning for doing so is just absurd.

This post is another reason that this nerf is a good thing.

I don't hate you, I'm just not necessarily excited about your existance.

HVAC Repairman
    Hedion University
    Amarr Empire
    #51 - 2014-02-06 14:42:43 UTC
    Rathunterka wrote:
    CCP Rise wrote:
    Hello, some news:

Well, kill2... no.

the fifty dudes i just c&ped your post to just had a good laugh
    Malcanis
    Vanishing Point.
    The Initiative.
    #52 - 2014-02-06 14:42:59 UTC
    Oh Takashawa wrote:
    CCP Rise wrote:
  • Affect carriers more heavily than sub-caps (because they can field 10 drones per ship rather than 5)
  • Can we take this as a sign, then, that CCP holds the opinion that capitals should offer even fewer advantages to offset the increased cost, effort, risk, and skills required to effectively field them, as compared to simply fielding big piles of subcaps?

Also, a broader question - do you intend to leave any force multipliers in EVE, Rise, or simply reduce it to whoever has more dudes in T1 subcaps, or alternatively, in bombers? It seems to be trending a lot that way lately, and I'm just curious if that's intentional or simply persistent oversight.

You are in error. Noted fleet commander and invariably correct person Grath Telkin assured me that even removing drone assist altogether would have no effect on carrier fleets. Thus reassured, I and the rest of the CSM happily advised CCP with a clear conscience to bring assist down to "squad level". Rise, being cleverer than me, put this to a straight numerical cap of 50.

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

dei'ro
    Brutor Tribe
    Minmatar Republic
    #53 - 2014-02-06 14:43:30 UTC
    rip 2000 drones shooting all at once.
    rip going afk during a fleetfight.

oh no now i actually have to play eve ;_;

thanks ccp
    Demotress
    Systems High Guard
    Tactical Narcotics Team
    #54 - 2014-02-06 14:43:42 UTC
    While you are at it, why not switch the name of the game to goons get what they want online. After all every time they tell you to change something, you do it. Nerf needed or not.
    Mynas Atoch
    Eternity INC.
    Goonswarm Federation
    #55 - 2014-02-06 14:44:44 UTC  |  Edited by: Mynas Atoch
    You could have got more gameplay out of squad commanders, by restricting drone assist TO the squad leader and cutting the leadership bonus for squads down to +1 per level instead of its current +2. This would also have changed the maximum individual fleet size to 131 from its current 256, leading to more individual fleets in a battle and more variety for each and more fleet commanders in any battle.

You would then have been able to sell this as drone assist nerfed, but look, alpha nerfed too!
    Dizzy Morbo
    Method Synergy
    #56 - 2014-02-06 14:44:45 UTC
    Oh Takashawa wrote:
    CCP Rise wrote:
  • Can we take this as a sign, then, that CCP holds the opinion that capitals should offer even fewer advantages to offset the increased cost, effort, risk, and skills required to effectively field them, as compared to simply fielding big piles of subcaps?

Also, a broader question - do you intend to leave any force multipliers in EVE, Rise, or simply reduce it to whoever has more dudes in T1 subcaps, or alternatively, in bombers? It seems to be trending a lot that way lately, and I'm just curious if that's intentional or simply persistent oversight.

U mad now, bro? Lol
    Mirar Zian
    Aliastra
    Gallente Federation
    #57 - 2014-02-06 14:45:12 UTC
    Rathunterka wrote:
    CCP Rise wrote:
    Hello, some news:

Well, kill2... no.

And cap fleets adapted again but making their drone bunny a super carrier with Ewar immunity to prevent dampening
    Harvey James
    The Sengoku Legacy
    #58 - 2014-02-06 14:45:31 UTC
    Malcanis wrote:
    Oh Takashawa wrote:
    CCP Rise wrote:

You are in error. Noted fleet commander and invariably correct person Grath Telkin assured me that even removing drone assist altogether would have no effect on carrier fleets. Thus reassured, I and the rest of the CSM happily advised CCP with a clear conscience to bring assist down to "squad level". Rise, being cleverer than me, put this to a straight numerical cap of 50.

so aren't the CSM at all concerned with the frigate abuse of drone assist?
    did no one think .. hey maybe assisting 50 drones to frigates is just a tad insane? .. how about we limit drone assist too capitals only since they are about the only ones who would conceivably be able to control 50 sentries?

T3's need to be versatile so no rigs are necessary ... they should not have OP dps and tank

ABC's should be T2, remove drone assist, separate HAM's and Torps range, -3 HS for droneboats

Nerf web strength, Make the blaster Eagle worth using

Lyra Jedran
    State War Academy
    Caldari State
    #59 - 2014-02-06 14:45:31 UTC
    Wouldn't it make more sense to limit the bandwith that a player can use to control other peoples drones than the amount of drones? For example if a player had 1000 bandwith for assisted drones they could control 40 sentries or 200 lights.
    knobber Jobbler
    State War Academy
    Caldari State
    #60 - 2014-02-06 14:45:35 UTC
    Rathunterka wrote:
    CCP Rise wrote:
    Hello, some news:

Well, kill2... no.

Elite PVP at its finest.