These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Jita Park Speakers Corner

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

An insult to the spirit of Eve Online

First post
Author
Tomytronic
Perkone
Caldari State
#21 - 2011-11-09 19:00:36 UTC
If this is what happens when CCP start caring about their game, I'm finding myself fondly recalling the days of the monocle drama party.
Belthizaar
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#22 - 2011-11-09 19:04:25 UTC
Blawrf McTaggart wrote:
wow a good TEST post who'da thought it

I was a goon first, doesn't count.
Konno Yoshiho
Perkone
Caldari State
#23 - 2011-11-09 19:16:53 UTC  |  Edited by: Konno Yoshiho
Quote:
EVE System > Channel MOTD changed to "Welcome to high security space....No suicide is allowed in this system and this includes, but is not limited to, using this space as a platform to find or target players to "suicide gank" or to "Jihad." As per subject, we ask everyone to use their best judgment etc... by GM Thunder

Pretty soon its no scamming, no war decs. Hell, how long before they take PLEX away and make everyone pay cash for this iceberg?
Tomytronic
Perkone
Caldari State
#24 - 2011-11-09 19:23:24 UTC  |  Edited by: Tomytronic
How long before this is banned, eh CCP?

When you start banning your own selling points, you have to wonder just what the hell it is you're doing.
Blawrf McTaggart
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#25 - 2011-11-09 19:27:15 UTC  |  Edited by: Blawrf McTaggart
Did you guys see the new pop-up introduction screen on the EVE client?

Quote:

Welcome to EVE Online, where YOU make the game! Please note that attacking anything other than:

1. Mindless rats that shoot at the first thing they see until kingdom come.
  2. Asteroids.

will get you banned from the game. Please note that in order to earn ISK you must run mind-numbingly boring content over and over and over and over again and you certainly aren't allowed to, I don't know, use underhand methods in order to nab a bit of ISK from people who more than likely buy it from an EVEGOLD selling website or something. I don't even know, anymore, why don't you guys go and play World of Warcraft? Pandas are coming!

by GM Thunder.
Blawrf McTaggart
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#26 - 2011-11-09 19:33:31 UTC
basically GM Thunder is Chris Metzen
Blawrf McTaggart
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#27 - 2011-11-09 19:33:44 UTC
that's the point i was trying to get across
Konno Yoshiho
Perkone
Caldari State
#28 - 2011-11-09 19:34:38 UTC
Tomytronic wrote:

When you start banning your own selling points, you have to wonder just what the hell it is you're doing.

This Mother ****** right here. Rolling up all like Matlock and ****.

Well I guess that's a case closed eh? CCP you shot yourselves in the foot yet again. Walk it off, and let's not let this get out of hand for once.
spookydonut
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#29 - 2011-11-09 19:36:02 UTC
Turbonigger.
EnderCapitalG
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#30 - 2011-11-09 19:37:59 UTC
Quote:
EVE System > Channel MOTD changed to "Welcome to the recruitment channel....No scamming is allowed in this channel and this includes, but not limited to, using the recruitment channel as a platform to find or target players to scam. As per subject, we ask everyone to use their best judgment before contracting assets or ISK as part of corporation’s recruitment process and any deals made or finalized outside this channel are done at your own risk and responsibility. An additional recruitment source is the Alliance and Corporation Recruitment Centersection of the forums. I made these new rules because I was scammed by a goon and abloobloobloo" by GM Thunder
Pseudo Ucksth
Camellia Void Cartographics
#31 - 2011-11-09 19:38:20 UTC  |  Edited by: Pseudo Ucksth
spookydonut wrote:
Turbonigger.

Was funny the first time.
SOARlN
Friendship is Podding
#32 - 2011-11-09 19:38:32 UTC
CCP has gone full turbonigger.
P3ROXIDE
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#33 - 2011-11-09 19:39:41 UTC
LFM Black Rock Spire need mages, NO HUNTARDS. PST.

I'm ready for Eve: Online: A terrible Game: That is safe: and boring: deathtosandbox. Bear
Infinimo
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#34 - 2011-11-09 19:40:23 UTC
Turbonigger?

e: Yep, turbonigger.

Theta Squad best squad. Monocle crew represent~

EnderCapitalG
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#35 - 2011-11-09 19:44:45 UTC
Infinimo wrote:
Turbonigger?

Justin Bieber
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#36 - 2011-11-09 19:48:27 UTC
EnderCapitalG wrote:
Infinimo wrote:
Turbonigger?

Mujahada Shah
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#37 - 2011-11-09 19:49:58 UTC
You guys should come up with more winning ideas like aur and monocles that can be coupled with this to turn EVE into The Sims in space. That game is mostly played by middle aged housewives and that seems to be the only group of women that will even talk to me. I need more overweight mothers telling me how much they hate their husbands and would rather spend the rest of their mundane life with me. Another awesome decision made at CCP!
Kyle Myr
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#38 - 2011-11-09 19:50:05 UTC
Tomytronic wrote:

I am posting this because I don't know how anyone will beat the nefarious Drekkar alliance is a game where subterfuge isn't allowed. We once tried fighting them head on, but it didn't work at all.

On a less sarcastic note, it would be nice to get a ruling on whether EVE will now contain arbitrary spaces where dishonesty is a punishable offense. If you're going to say this part of the game is 'safe' from scamming, while explicitly allowing it in others, detailed rules need to be made. With a recruiting drive kicking off, this sort of nebulous stuff prevents us from taking on fresh players.
Joe SMASH
You Got A Purty Mouth
#39 - 2011-11-09 19:50:26 UTC
I hear this thread is a good place to get likes and such.

Recruitment scams are awesome and such... yea! (I do good?)
Verlai
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#40 - 2011-11-09 19:56:53 UTC