These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Ships & Modules

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Meta 4 Better than T2 , a mods list.

Author
Drake Doe
88Th Tax Haven
#21 - 2013-12-20 19:43:08 UTC
T2 amarr drones, excluding sentries.

"The homogenization of EVE began when Gallente and Caldari started sharing a weapon system."---Vermaak Doe-- "Ohh squabbles ohh I love my dust trolls like watching an episode of Maury with less " Is he my Dad " but more of " My Neighbor took a dump on my lawn " good episode! pops more corn" ---Evernub--

Kery Nysell
#22 - 2013-12-20 20:13:02 UTC
Capacitor and Shield Flux Coils, Meta 0 to Elebentybillions.

Those are just a sick joke.

Jon Joringer
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#23 - 2013-12-20 20:54:32 UTC
Niclas Solo wrote:
Small and medium cap boosters, large also if you don't use navy 800.
Web and short point.

There's a difference of being able to fit one more navy 400 charge in the tech II medium cap booster as opposed to the meta 4. Quite handy if you are battling against neuts and so don't want to use 800s.
Paranoid Loyd
#24 - 2013-12-20 22:13:50 UTC
Decaneos wrote:
The target disruptor is cheaper tho, thus not applicable. I will be checking each one of these so that the list remains good, however if there's a delay in a item going up its cause i'm at work :)

You understand this yet you presented the thread the way you did, like every fool before you.

How about a thread to nerf the loot drop of meta 4 items so their price is higher than the tech II counterparts, making the tech II counterparts more viable.

"There is only one authority in this game, and that my friend is violence. The supreme authority upon which all other authority is derived." ISD Max Trix

Fix the Prospect!

Ta'krite
Casalt Corp
CAStabouts
#25 - 2013-12-20 22:30:20 UTC
Seems to me that he clearly stated what the requirements of the list were in the op, this included that the t2 mod must be more expensive than the meta 4, in the case of the t2 disrupter it is cheaper than its meta 4 counter part. So not sure what your getting at.
Decaneos
Casalt Corp
CAStabouts
#26 - 2013-12-20 23:57:51 UTC
[quote
How about a thread to nerf the loot drop of meta 4 items so their price is higher than the tech II counterparts, making the tech II counterparts more viable.
[/quote]

Cause not all Meta 4 or T2 are in this situation, im am just making a list not a statement something so people can go OH why am i buying the t2 version again ill check to see if the meta 4 is cheaper.
Medude
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#27 - 2013-12-21 00:14:48 UTC
welcome to the old why is meta 4 better than T2 argument, it's not like one can be produced and the other has to be gun mined
Miasmos
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#28 - 2013-12-21 02:03:18 UTC
IMHO:
Forget the pricing because that is fluctuating and decided by players. Just list which t2 mods are worse statwise than meta. You could put (parentheses) in the modules you list because of price.

On that note, an excellent initiative to work such a list and +1
Decaneos
Casalt Corp
CAStabouts
#29 - 2013-12-21 02:12:56 UTC  |  Edited by: Decaneos
most of the time the prices are significantly cheaper for the meta 4 or more expensive, in fact the SeBo (which didnt make the list as it uses 3 cap less to activate) was the closest in price.

Most of the time the Meta 4 is more expensive making the T2 a viable alternative if you have fitting to spare which is why they dont make my naughty list ho ho ho!
Aralieus
Shadowbane Syndicate
#30 - 2013-12-21 09:47:24 UTC
Tracking Disruptor II

Oderint Dum Metuant

Aivo Dresden
State War Academy
Caldari State
#31 - 2013-12-21 13:14:31 UTC
Nice thread! Some good information.
Decaneos
Casalt Corp
CAStabouts
#32 - 2013-12-21 15:04:22 UTC
Aralieus wrote:
Tracking Disruptor II

The t2 version is half the price of its meta 4, so if you have spare fitting its only logical you would fit the T2 varient thus it does have its use.
Alice Ituin
Doomheim
#33 - 2013-12-21 16:33:09 UTC
ECCM Radar II
meta 4 costs a fraction of the T2, needs less cpu and less cap
why do people even build those?^^
Omnathious Deninard
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#34 - 2013-12-24 00:12:13 UTC
Price is/should not be a factor when it comes to deciding what is better meta4 or T2.

If you don't follow the rules, neither will I.

Decaneos
Casalt Corp
CAStabouts
#35 - 2013-12-24 01:11:36 UTC
Cant seem to find anymore at the moment!
Omnathious Deninard
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#36 - 2013-12-24 02:45:02 UTC
T2 stasis webifier is worst than meta 4 (by means of fitting requirements)
T2 warp scrambler is worse (by means of fitting requirements)

Decaneos
Casalt Corp
CAStabouts
#37 - 2013-12-24 12:10:56 UTC
Omnathious Deninard wrote:

this may be true, but the T2 version is cheaper thus if you have fitting space you would buy the t2 version for your pvp ship.
Omnathious Deninard
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#38 - 2013-12-24 14:01:46 UTC
Decaneos wrote:
Omnathious Deninard wrote:

this may be true, but the T2 version is cheaper thus if you have fitting space you would buy the t2 version for your pvp ship.

The T2 version is only cheaper specifically because it is worse than the meta 4 version. If the T2 version is buffed or tr meta 4 version is nerfed the prices will change accordingly.

This is true for all meta 4 that is more expensive than T2.

nyord Miromme
nyords tax heaven
#39 - 2013-12-26 18:31:06 UTC
i have a strange one for the second post
mining laser upgrade meta 4 is better than T2 it cost like infinite.
and i not in agrement their are some meta 4 mudules that are hilarios expensive and not better than T2 like damage controll shild boost amp and microauxilary power core.
Soldarius
Dreddit
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#40 - 2013-12-27 13:53:30 UTC
Please do not consider price for this list. Price is set entirely buy market supply/demand and is a variable. Despite the fact that T2 is manufactured by players and meta gear is loot only, there is little correlation between where the items come from and price.

For example, at the time of this post, T2 ECM is far more expensive than meta 4. It used to be the other way around.

I'm glad to see this post get stickied. The disparity between meta 4 and T2 gear is a big black eye on equipment balancing that really needs to be addressed.

http://youtu.be/YVkUvmDQ3HY