These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

[Rubicon 1.1] Sisters of EVE Battleship

First post First post First post
Author
Phoenix Jones
Small-Arms Fire
#161 - 2013-12-03 20:45:17 UTC  |  Edited by: Phoenix Jones
GeeShizzle MacCloud wrote:
Deithess wrote:
Notes: Can fit covert ops cloaks and covert cynosural field generators. Cloak reactivation delay reduced to 5 seconds.

if i had it my way you'd be banned for 30 day from posting in the eve-o forums for posting that suggestion. Stop sh*tting up these forums with ridiculously dumb suggestions.

Phoenix Jones wrote:
... Give the ship the covops cloak...

and you!

Well if you want this ship to do exploration, it will need a covops cloaking device.

The issue is that this ship should not be doing exploration (its... frankly kind of silly).

Spacepriest sounds a lot better.

Yaay!!!!

Grath Telkin
Amok.
Goonswarm Federation
#162 - 2013-12-03 20:45:40 UTC
Yea, why would I ever be worried about what you might do to Serentis ships if you took away the web?!?!? I mean just look at how creative you guys are...

j/k this thing is crap, who would pay faction BS costs for this hunk of crap? It literally does nothing that the Rattlesnake doesn't already do..better.

Malcanis - Without drone assign, the slowcat doctrine will wither and die.

Dibblerette
Solitude-Industries
#163 - 2013-12-03 20:46:45 UTC
What if you gave it the ability (and corresponding bonuses) to deploy a flight of Repair drones along side it's combat ones? I don't know how hard that is from a code standpoint, but being able to rep one ship while your Gardes tear up another is pretty cool, and would be a blast to play compared to a normal logi.
Herpp Derpp
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#164 - 2013-12-03 20:49:07 UTC
Dibblerette wrote:
What if you gave it the ability (and corresponding bonuses) to deploy a flight of Repair drones along side it's combat ones? I don't know how hard that is from a code standpoint, but being able to rep one ship while your Gardes tear up another is pretty cool, and would be a blast to play compared to a normal logi.

Guardian-Nestor!
Owen Levanth
Sagittarius Unlimited Exploration
#165 - 2013-12-03 21:01:34 UTC  |  Edited by: Owen Levanth
I'm still confused what this ship is supposed to be for.

It has exploration bonuses but can't explore (to slow, warps slow like every BS, no cloak bonus at all).

It has this weird rep bonus but without a range bonus that bonus is pointless -other ships are better and a lot less expensive in this role.

It has a low mass and is agile, but is slow as **** at the same time. What the hell?

The mixture of drones and lasers is expected and pretty OK. The rest is atrocious.

Really CCP, this is getting worse the more I think about it. Do something about it, please?
Rek Seven
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#166 - 2013-12-03 21:01:47 UTC
Give it the ability to use a titan doomsday! Big smile
Owen Levanth
#167 - 2013-12-03 21:04:28 UTC
Rek Seven wrote:

You are joking, but this at least would give the ship a (stupid) purpose. The way it is now, I would name my own vanity Nestor "The Flying Coffin".

It looks like a Jack of all trades, master of none. Or better, a Jack of some trades, expert of none.
Rek Seven
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#168 - 2013-12-03 21:10:43 UTC
Owen Levanth wrote:
Rek Seven wrote:

You are joking, but this at least would give the ship a (stupid) purpose. The way it is now, I would name my own vanity Nestor "The Flying Coffin".

It looks like a Jack of all trades, master of none. Or better, a Jack of some trades, expert of none.

I'm actually kind of serious. It would be awesome for wormhole space... not sure what effect such a ship would have in normal space though.
Kikusama
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#169 - 2013-12-03 21:11:52 UTC
CCP Rise wrote:
Hi

I am very relieved to finally show you the Sisters of EVE Battleship, the Nestor. We weren't able to get it finalized before Rubicon went out, but that's alright because now it makes a nice Christmas present (just kidding it's not until (late)January).

We all agreed that keeping the covert cloak theme was not going to work for the battleship. Instead, we've kept the rest of the exploration feel from the Stratios and Astero by giving the Nestor hacking and probing bonuses, but instead of cloaking it will receive a bonus to remote armor repair amount, drawing on the Sisters of EVE themes of aid and relief. On top of that, the Nestor (as designed currently) has incredibly low mass - around half the mass of a normal Battleship. This should make it very popular in wormholes. The rest of the attribute layout follows the principles from the other Sisters of EVE ships pretty closely, as do the bonuses.

Here's the details:

NESTOR

Amarr Battleship Bonuses:
4% Armor resistances per level

Gallente Battleship Bonuses:
10% drone damage and hitpoints per level

Role bonuses:
50% bonus to remote repair amount
50% bonus to large energy turret optimal range
50% increased strength for scan probes
+10 virus strength for relic and data analyzers

Slot layout: 7H, 6M, 6L; 5 turrets, 0 launchers
Fittings: 11250 PWG, 680 CPU
Defense (shields / armor / hull): 8900 / 9950 / 9900
Capacitor (amount / recharge rate / cap/s) : 6200 / 1044 / 5.9
Mobility (max velocity / agility / mass / align time): 92 / .18 / 56000000 / 13.97
Drones (bandwidth / bay): 125 / 500
Targeting (max targeting range / Scan Resolution / Max Locked targets): 75km / 85 / 7
Sensor strength: 24 Magnetometric
Signature radius: 465
Cargo Capacity: 700

It will be acquired in the same way that the Stratios and Astero are, via Sisters of EVE LP stores. Here are the LP offer specifics:

Nestor
1,000,000 LP
100,000,000 ISK

Discount Nestor (From the Sanctuary)
800,000 LP
80,000,000 ISK

Nestor Blueprint
600,000 LP
150,000,000 ISK

Discount Nestor Blueprint (From the Sanctuary)
400,000 LP
100,000,000 ISK

I wanted to show you guys some art, but wasn't able to get ahold of the newest version today so I'll edit later with it.

Hope this is exciting! Let me know
o/

Much love for providing us with new toys, CCP Rise o7

As a friend said, this would've been lovely in 2007. I haven't played during that time, but I think I understand the gist of it. I'm pretty sure it's fairly obvious. The current EvE battlefield isn't really a place for a ship like this.

How this ship could be made to work is of course the players' choice, but in a PvP scenario it isn't really useful. It has drones and a drone damage bonus, spider tanking capabilities, a low mass, but this will not make it withstand let's say dreadnought fire, even without 90% webbing. A few target painters and range bonused webs will do. And, contrary to popular belief, wormholes do not lack dreads.

I understand the thoughts behind not giving this ship a covert ops cloak. What would be lovely though, would be a black ops jump drive. Make it a Black Ops Faction BS. It could act as a logistics ship for blops drops and support them with drone fire. The slot layout is ideal for either shield or armor tanking, so you kill two birds with one stone.

I believe this will give this ship good PvP usage outside envisioned some normal scenarios like WH exploration, further more, it'll help it. Let's say you're in a WH, after bagging some nice loot and your only exit is a null/lowsec system. You move a cyno alt in range of that system, pop through the WH then jump out immediately. It will also make it justify its price tag, from what I can tell it'll be at least 2bil ISK after the prices settle, so basically you can buy 2 Bhaalgorns or 2 Vindicators or two Machariels or... And yes, I think that in the case it gets a black ops jump drive its pricetag should be maintained.

Guns make the news. Science doesn't.

Gnadolin
Space Pioneers
#170 - 2013-12-03 21:14:04 UTC
At least allow it to get bridged by blackops, if not bridging/jumping by itself.
James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#171 - 2013-12-03 21:14:48 UTC  |  Edited by: James Amril-Kesh
Completely unimaginative. Can't say I'm surprised.

Seriously, there's nothing interesting here. 10% bonus to drone damage and hitpoints. Oh em gee...

Enjoying the rain today? ;)

unreasonable reason
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#172 - 2013-12-03 21:15:06 UTC
the bonus to probes and viruses are not gonna be too useful, being a BS with no cloak it can't do explorations at all and giving it a covert cloak will make it bit too insane spider tanking hot-drops. for pvp and incursions the remote rep will make it a great spider tanker.

the range of the remote rep i think is fine, same as t3 logis not having bonus to range they still manage sometimes.

the bonus to lasers just to make players fit lasers on it to let people know it's half amarr I feel is just for show, who is gonna use 5 crappy lasers when it got 125mb and 500m3 of drones? change it to 25% laser damage instead may get it more use, with no bonus to sentries and low mass I see the ship is encouraged to be a heavy drones user rather than sentries, but then this may make it a little over the top dps wise.

I'd rather like to see it keep the laser range bonus to show it's part amarr and trade its exploration bonus in for some sentries range bonus to keep in line with the range of the lasers. this give it the option to either use sentries and sit there spider tanking like a domi, or break out the heavy drones and make use of its small mass and make a mobile ship like a navy domi/rattlesnake.

that is alot of mid slots for an armor tank ship, even for exploration, especially when we got the mobile depot now, 5 mid slots should be enough, giving it either 7 low slots for bit extra tank/dps or 8 high slot for an extra utility high slot for remote repping (3 utility highs like the current n marauders got

Lagartija Nick
Mors Irae
#173 - 2013-12-03 21:17:13 UTC
CCP Rise, please turn this ship into what it is supposed to be if you folks really want it to be an exploration ship. As listed this ship will not be used as an exploration vessel. It needs something that will allow it to keep pace in dangerous space with the smaller SoE vessels. This thing needs some sort of cloak function.

There are already enough RR and pew pew ships in eve. Please give us a true exploration battleship.
Owen Levanth
#174 - 2013-12-03 21:17:58 UTC
Gnadolin wrote:
At least allow it to get bridged by blackops, if not bridging/jumping by itself.

Hell, I would even settle for the speed bonus a BO gets for its cloak. Throw out the useless rep bonus and replace it with the BO bonus. There, now it could actually used for something reasonably well. And since the BO bonus makes it move faster while cloaked, the slow speed isn't as bad anymore.

Three birds killed with one stone.
Jak'at
The Terrifying League Of Dog Fort
Deepwater Hooligans
#175 - 2013-12-03 21:18:31 UTC  |  Edited by: Jak'at
Shinah Myst wrote:
So... not only CCP yet again failed to produce a coherent line of ships, but at the same time managed to boost the single most boring fleet doctrine (w/o making it less boring). Why am I not surprised?

Welcome to Drones Online.

shut up.
bring a bomber wing.
cry baby.

@ CCP Rise:
+ 200% Rep range
+ Bonus to reduction on re-calibration delay. A BS already has a bad lock time. Could maybe add some cloaky love that isn't OP.

Ninja logi.
Rek Seven
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#176 - 2013-12-03 21:20:41 UTC
Okay how about this... Give it the ability to fit 3 or 4 bomb launchers... huh? huh?
Phoenix Jones
Small-Arms Fire
#177 - 2013-12-03 21:21:49 UTC
Note: This is what CCP should have released

I am very relieved to finally show you the cooler Sisters of EVE Logistics Marauder Battleship, the Nestor.

We believed that keeping the covert cloak theme was not going to work for the battleship initially but we've changed our minds. We began to really understand that there is a need for logistics in Eve outside of logistic cruisers and carriers. We are expanding that feel towards a battleship capable logistics vessel. This ship has some massive teeth to it. The Nestor can now fit a covert ops cloaking device, and is now capable of jumping along with gangs of black-ops battleships and T3's. In addition, the ship's covert ops bonus now permits a great deal of logistics to be fielded through the use of black-ops. Please note, that while this ship can jump through a black-ops bridge, it itself is not capable of creating those bridges. That ability is still ship specific to the black ops battleships.

We are getting rid of the exploration feel of the Nestor and removing the previous hacking and probing bonuses and it will receive a bonus to remote armor repair amount, drawing on the Sisters of EVE themes of aid and relief. On top of that, we are increasing the remote repair range by a huge amount. We are also giving it the mobility potential by adding a micro jump drive bonus (it can get onto the field and remove itself from the field as needed). As this ship will most definitely become primary in every combat scenario, we are going to overload its capabilities by extending the Bastion Module to it. We fear we may have completely overpowered this ship as it would essentially become the first ever Faction Black Ops Cloaking Logistic's Marauder ever. This thing can truly defend itself.

Here's the details:

NESTOR

Amarr Battleship Bonuses:
4% Armor resistances per level

Gallente Battleship Bonuses:
10% drone damage and hitpoints per level

Role bonuses:
50% bonus to remote repair amount
350% bonus to remote repair range
100% reduction in CPU requirements for cloaks
70% reduction in Micro Jump Drive reactivation delay

Can fit Covert Ops Cloaking Devices.
Can fit Bastion Module.

Yaay!!!!

Jill Chastot
WE FORM BL0B Inc.
Goonswarm Federation
#178 - 2013-12-03 21:24:25 UTC
Straight
These bonuses? So confused...

I'd like to see it have a role in crashing through WH's and after popping up blapping things.
It deviates from the previous ships a bit but the RR seems workable coming out a WH with your buds, Relic and data bonus doesn't help pvp and will undoubtedly be the least used aspect of it.

That's where i'd like to see it used.

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=298596&find=unread OATHS wants you. Come to the WH "Safety in eve is the greatest fallacy you will ever encounter. Once you accept this you will truely enjoy this game."

M1k3y Koontz
Speaker for the Dead
Stay Feral
#179 - 2013-12-03 21:26:05 UTC
Phoenix Jones wrote:
Its an updated Oneiros, flashier, more expensive, bigger "BOOM".

This thing will cost roughly 6 to 800 million isk for a few months at least.

May or maynot be worth it :-0

Scratch that. This is what the dominix should have been.

6 lows, armor resists per level... things a monster.

Kind of like a mix between the Abaddon and the Dominix. Good blend, good design.

The price though.. yeek

SOE LP is worth about 2000 isk/unit if you buy faction probes. If the ship itself costs 1,000,000 LP, it'll cost 2b isk, if the blueprint costs 600,000 LP +150m isk, it still costs over 1.5b, just in LP+isk.

It's going to be expensive, probably at Machariels once were, at the 1b+ range.

How much herp could a herp derp derp if a herp derp could herp derp.

Xequecal
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#180 - 2013-12-03 21:26:40 UTC  |  Edited by: Xequecal
This needs bubble immunity. Covops cloak would be overpowered, but you're putting scan and analyzer bonuses on it. It needs something so it doesn't die to the first two-person gatecamp it hits. At least with bubble immunity you can MWD/cloak to get through small gate camps, while large ones with dedicated ceptors for decloaking would still be able to catch you.